• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
From my experience, study. Try as hard as you can. :p
...I should do that tomorrow, after the hospital visit.
Well I cant. My sister is in the ER for the 5th time I think, she has been there almost everyday. I lost count.
And I dont feel like doing anything

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I decided my online haitus won't be March 3rd anymore, it shall start Feb 24tth. I'm gonna try real hard not to go anywhere, not even twitter.

I have a tendency to be very very lazy and certain addictions and that have been costly to me already. I can't afford to fail or even do 'ok' this year.

Have 10 very difficult exams, first one in only 89 days ;o. I only did 4 questions for that one so far. It's one of the retakes so thats why its earlier compared to rest.

Well I cant. My sister is in the ER for the 5th time I think, she has been there almost everyday. I lost count.
And I dont feel like doing anything
Right. Family's first, I forget whos who sometimes. Study can wait. I gotta go see my mom my new half-sister tomoz first thing in the morning so I guess we both can't study. :D

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Right. Family's first, I forget whos who sometimes. Study can wait. I gotta go see my mom my new half-sister tomoz first thing in the morning so I guess we both can't study. :D
Im probably not gonna study all this week. I'm just going to sleep, really
The fact she is in the hospital again after everything should of fixed itself depresses me
plus studyingg for math sucks

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Now that I've seen what I should have not supposed to have seen until March, (Aka the video leak) I have to say it looks really slick. The screen looks like it's made of very quality materials, and the User Interface looks really clean as well. There seems to be plenty of customisation options available, so I think there's plenty of room for one to stylise the Switch however you want.

But I guess I'll keep that memory locked up for the next few weeks/days; but I'm sure that the conversations here are bound to unlock them, because we were once the 'Leaks and Rumours' thread during the early days of Smash 4. :p

Either way, I think that what I've seen looks to be a very encouraging new OS for and UI for the Switch, and now it's another fortnight and a bit to go until I spend the best way to finish my first week back at University!

D

Deleted member

So why are Ephraim and Eirikas weapons named after two people that had a incestuous relationship in Norse Mythology?
And then Xanders sword is the name of the result of said incestuous relationship

Japan?
I'm late but I think Xander's sword is a reference to something else
You can even hear Xander say it if you listen carefully to his crit quotes

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I expected the title to mean that Bill Nye was some voice in the Switch UI.

I'm disappointed...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I'm late but I think Xander's sword is a reference to something else
You can even hear Xander say it if you listen carefully to his crit quotes
two German things but its also the name of the result of that relationship
also, where that came from, I dont think it was an offical game anyway so I dont see how it would be a refernce

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Before anyone asks, it's just dust guys.

. . .I'm gonna drop that before the context crops up and see what happens.

. . .OK, OK, someone started hyperanalyzing the Switch UI video and thought they saw a dead pixel. But the spot was there before it was turned on and the person who actually leaked the Switch UI says it's dust.

D

Deleted member

two German things but its also the name of the result of that relationship
also, where that came from, I dont think it was an offical game anyway so I dont see how it would be a refernce
I know it's not what it's referencing, that's the joke
And it's a FE hack, The Last Promise, which was, iirc, THE first fully original and completed hack to be made

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You know.

I don't watch Pewdiepie but this video was worth watching.

He's had some real attacks thrown at him recently. Most of them false accusations and out of context idiocy.

I am surprised with how much he's matured since the last time I saw his videos.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I know it's not what it's referencing, that's the joke
And it's a FE hack, The Last Promise, which was, iirc, THE first fully original and completed hack to be made
The Joke > Joke
Me > :011:

sorry it went over my head pff
He's had some real attacks thrown at him recently. Most of them false accusations and out of context idiocy.
What do you expect from people who will call Jon a nazi because thy dont agree with his opinions?

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
For those who are playing Pokémon GO, the trick to evolve :133: into :196: or :197: has been revealed: Nickname it Sakura or Tamao respectively (Kimono Sisters from the animé).

Curious how
, &
will be done in the future.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
For those who are playing Pokémon GO, the trick to evolve :133: into :196: or :197: has been revealed: Nickname it Sakura or Tama respectively (Kimono Sisters from the animé).

Curious how
, &
If it's based off the Anime, then maybe nickname them May, Serena and.... Did Dawn have a Leafeon?

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Imagine if the UI did talk.

UI:

"It's the Nintendo Switch!

SWITCH SWITCH SWITCH SWITCH!

GAMING IS C O O L!"

D

Deleted member

Playin some CS2 today...

Angie pls.
CS2 stands for what?
Also, why does that party leader look a lot like Chrom?
For those who are playing Pokémon GO, the trick to evolve :133: into :196: or :197: has been revealed: Nickname it Sakura or Tamao respectively (Kimono Sisters from the animé).

Curious how
, &
What about the other diverging evos? Eevee was the only one previously so I'm curious about Pokemon like Bellossom

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I cancelled the amazon order and bought For Honor today.
I was thinking about buying For Honor, but I havent actually looked anything up about it :upsidedown: Whats the game about?
Can you fall in love without infatuation?
Thats a wordy question. When you "fall in love", infatuation or a sense of romance is involved. You can love something even though you dont have to be infatuated with it, but falling in love and being in love are two different actions.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I was thinking about buying For Honor, but I havent actually looked anything up about it :upsidedown: Whats the game about?

Thats a wordy question. When you "fall in love", infatuation or a sense of romance is involved. You can love something even though you dont have to be infatuated with it, but falling in love and being in love are two different actions.
Knights, Vikings and Samurai some how are around at the same time so they fight.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

No more "blocks" by the way.
I don't know why people are again upset about the system storage. I mean sure 32 GB for a console is crappy, but for handheld it pretty standard. Some phones with better build and CPU RAM might not even have more storage than that. Like I remember some SONY phones tend to only give you 16GB... and cost way more expensive than Switch.
My Redmi Note 3 Pro is 32 GB, and I have yet run out of storage.

And this part got my eye:
未命名 2.png

You can finally change the System language and region! I bet Japanese Nintendo Switch can change language as well. In that case, I might order the Japanese console soon.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I don't know why people are again upset about the system storage. I mean sure 32 GB for a console is crappy, but for handheld it pretty standard. Some phones with better build and CPU RAM might not even have more storage than that. Like I remember some SONY phones tend to only give you 16GB... and cost way more expensive than Switch.
My Redmi Note 3 Pro is 32 GB, and I have yet run out of storage.
32 GB wouldnt be bad, if it wasnt for that fact that Breathe of the Wild will cut your memory in half as soon as you install it. Like I said earlier, I found a 128 GB mini SD Card for $60 just for my Switch :026:

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
i boot up go and a pidgey is outside my house, 20 minutes later natus outs there like "hey ****** let me in"
also i got my eveelution set

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
32 GB wouldnt be bad, if it wasnt for that fact that Breathe of the Wild will cut your memory in half as soon as you install it. Like I said earlier, I found a 128 GB mini SD Card for $60 just for my Switch :026:
I'm not sure how much space will it take if you buy the physical copy...

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
If there's anyone thinking about spending a few dollars on Fire Emblem Heroes, I recommend getting gift cards off of this website:

https://www.raise.com/buy-itunes-gift-cards?price_sort=asc

They have discounts, but the main reason is that if you use the promo code: "ListenUp", you'll get $10 off of any card that has $20 dollars or more.

And if you want a separate discount of $5 dollars, sign up with a referral code, and it works with any card. As an example of one to use would be mine:

jbuckelew

Haven't done it yet, want to hold off until next month, but I think using both you can 85 orbs with a little over $20 instead of over 45 bucks.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
About the icons being showed off on that supposed Nintendo Switch leak; I really want to hope one of the icons available is the Smash logo. I believe this to be a real possibility as is. :p

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
In light of FE: Fates' 1st year American anniversary this Sunday, It's time for the next Fates polls! I'll be giving two polls at the same time since both are counterparts to each other.

Poll #1: Who is your favorite 1st generation playable Hoshidan (not counting the royals)? Answer in the Strawpoll via the link below:

http://www.strawpoll.me/12353823

My choice went to Oboro. The reasons why I picked her:
  • One of the few characters in Fates who doesn't let her gimmick dictate how she speaks. She also shows some nice variety in her supports (many of which are enjoyable).
  • Her crush on Takumi is cute and not obsessive, unlike how Tharja and Cordelia were handled last game. I also like the dynamic she has with Takumi and Hinata.
  • She has a good taste in fashion. Definitely the person to turn to if you ever need that cool prom/fancy ball outfit.
  • I love her design, and she has a nice voice.
  • Though she is racist against Nohrians due to her backstory, she does show maturity and knows when she can't let those feelings get the best of her. This is best seen in her supports with Silas and Beruka, both of which are among my favorite support convos in Fates. I'd say she experiences some great development as a character.
  • She was one of my best units in my Birthright and Revelation playthroughs. She never died, and she could take on any foe thanks to the Guard Naginata and Waterwheel capitalizing on her tanky abilities. You could say she was basically my best tank.
Honorable mentions:
-Kaden (he's hilarious and kind, I can relate to his narcissistic and "repay a debt" attitude, fun support convos, and a cool design),
-Hinata (I love his bro + playful puppy attitude, he's perceptive of people's emotions and knows what advice to give, has pretty good supports IMO (especially with Hinoka and Felicia), great friendship dynamic with Takumi and Oboro, and he knows when to improve if necessary)
-Saizo (one of the few characters who doesn't kiss Corrin's feet from the get-go (and for perfectly good reasons too), has a memorable dorky side to him, has a realistic revenge goal with Kotaro, and nice supports overall; definitely the most interesting character of the ninja trio IMO),
-Azama (I find him funny)
-Kagero (nice backstory, best ninja in battle, and a cool art hobby; she may be bad at art, but I like how she still enjoys it nonetheless).

I predict Oboro or Kaze will win this poll since both are generally the most popular Hoshidans, but we'll see.

Poll #2: Who is your favorite 1st generation playable Nohrian (not counting the royals)? Answer in the Strawpoll via the link below:

http://www.strawpoll.me/12353840

My choice went to Laslow. The reasons why I picked him:
  • I'm a sucker for shy characters, and Laslow is no exception. I remember him from Awakening, and the reason he started flirting in the first place was because his mother, Olivia, suggested he talk to girls in order to overcome his shyness. I thought it was a pretty sweet backstory detail to him.
  • He's the only one of the returning Awakening trio that really matured the most. Back in Awakening, he was childish when approaching woman, sometimes complaining when he isn't allowed to flirt (his S Support with Cynthia was a notorious example). Now, he doesn't whine about his restrictions. What really shows his maturity though is through the ways he gives advice. In his supports with characters like Mozu and Peri (as well as Xander in the Conquest Drama CDs), you can tell he's been through a lot and knows when to be a voice of reason.
  • I love how he emphasizes how smiles can make a difference in one's life.
  • Great dynamic with Xander.
Honorable mentions:
-Arthur (he's a meh unit, but his personality is highly memorable)
-Charlotte (she's funny and has a sympathizable backstory, not to mention she's an awesome unit with memorable quotes)
-Niles (cool backstory, decent unit, and has a memorable personality combined with nice supports overall)
-Benny (I can relate to his love for nature, and I like gentle giants. He's a good tank too)
-Scarlet (best Wyvern Lord; she's just brimming with an upbeat and optimistic personality, and she's a solid unit too)

I predict Niles, Odin, Arthur, or Charlotte will win this poll since all four are generally popular, but we'll see.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom