• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
In light of FE: Fates' 1st year American anniversary this Sunday, It's time for the next Fates polls! I'll be giving two polls at the same time since both are counterparts to each other.

Poll #1: Who is your favorite 1st generation playable Hoshidan (not counting the royals)? Answer in the Strawpoll via the link below:

http://www.strawpoll.me/12353823

My choice went to Oboro. The reasons why I picked her:
  • One of the few characters in Fates who doesn't let her gimmick dictate how she speaks. She also shows some nice variety in her supports (many of which are enjoyable).
  • Her crush on Takumi is cute and not obsessive, unlike how Tharja and Cordelia were handled last game. I also like the dynamic she has with Takumi and Hinata.
  • She has a good taste in fashion. Definitely the person to turn to if you ever need that cool prom/fancy ball event.
  • I love her design, and she has a nice voice.
  • Though she is racist against Nohrians due to her backstory, she does show maturity and knows when she can't let those feelings get the best of her. This is best seen in her supports with Silas and Beruka, both of which are among my favorite support convos in Fates. I'd say she experiences some great development as a character.
  • She was one of my best units in my Birthright and Revelation playthroughs. She never died, and she could take on any foe thanks to the Guard Naginata and Waterwheel capitalizing on her tanky abilities. You could say she was basically my best tank.
Honorable mentions:
-Kaden (he's hilarious and kind, I can relate to his narcissistic and "repay a debt" attitude, fun support convos, and a cool design),
-Hinata (I love his bro + playful puppy attitude, he's perceptive of people's emotions and knows what advice to give, has pretty good supports IMO (especially with Hinoka and Felicia), great friendship dynamic with Takumi and Oboro, and he knows when to improve needed)
-Saizo (one of the few characters who doesn't kiss Corrin's feet from the get-go (and for percectly good reasons to), has a memorable dorky side to him, has a realistic revenge goal with Kotaro, and nice supports overall; definitely the most interesting character of the ninja trio IMO),
-Azama (I find him funny)
-Kagero (nice backstory, best ninja in battle, and a cool art hobby; she may be bad at art, but I like how she still enjoys it nonetheless).

I predict Oboro or Kaze will win this poll since both are generally the most popular Hoshidans, but we'll see.

Poll #2: Who is your favorite 1st generation playable Nohrian (not counting the royals)? Answer in the Strawpoll via the link below:

http://www.strawpoll.me/12353840

My choice went to Laslow. The reasons why I picked him:
  • I'm a sucker for shy characters, and Laslow is no exception. I remember him from Awakening, and the reason he started flirting in the first place was because his mother, Olivia, suggested he talk to girls in order to overcome his shyness. I thought it was a pretty sweet backstory detail to him.
  • He's the only one of the returning Awakening trio that really matured the most. Back in Awakening, he was childish when approaching woman, sometimes complaining when he isn't allowed to flirt (his S Support with Cynthia was a notorious example). Now, he doesn't whine about his restrictions. What really shows his maturity though is through the ways he gives advice. In his supports with characters like Mozu and Peri (as well as Xander in the Conquest Drama CDs), you can tell he's been through a lot and knows when to be a voice of reason.
  • I love how he emphasizes how smiles can make a difference in one's life.
  • Great dynamic with Xander.
Honorable mentions:
-Arthur (he's a meh unit, but his personality is highly memorable)
-Charlotte (she's funny and has a sympathizable backstory, not to mention she's an awesome unit with memorable quotes)
-Niles (cool backstory, decent unit, and has a memorable personality combined with nice supports overall)
-Benny (I can relate to his love for nature, and I like gentle giants. He's a good tank too)
-Scarlet (best Wyvern Lord; she's just brimming with an upbeat and optimistic personality, and she's a solid unit too)

I predict Niles, Odin, Arthur, or Charlotte will win this poll since all four are generally popular, but we'll see.
I picked Setsuna and Selena because they are basically me.

Edit: Laslow flirts with every woman.. even after he's married.

Last edited:
In light of FE: Fates' 1st year American anniversary this Sunday, It's time for the next Fates polls! I'll be giving two polls at the same time since both are counterparts to each other.

Poll #1: Who is your favorite 1st generation playable Hoshidan (not counting the royals)? Answer in the Strawpoll via the link below:

• One of the few characters in Fates who doesn't let her gimmick dictate how she speaks. She also shows some nice variety in her supports (many of which are enjoyable).
  • Her crush on Takumi is cute and not obsessive, unlike how Tharja and Cordelia were handled last game. I also like the dynamic she has with Takumi and Hinata.
  • She has a good taste in fashion. Definitely the person to turn to if you ever need that cool prom/fancy ball event.
  • Though she is racist against Nohrians due to her backstory, she does show maturity and knows when she can't let those feelings get the best of her. This is best seen in her supports with Silas and Beruka, both of which are among my favorite support convos in Fates. I'd say she experiences some great development as a character.
  • She was one of my best units in my Birthright and Revelation playthroughs. She never died, and she could take on any foe thanks to the Guard Naginata and Waterwheel capitalizing on her tanky abilities. You could say she was basically my best tank.
Honorable mentions:
-Kaden (he's hilarious and kind, I can relate to his narcissistic and "repay a debt" attitude, fun support convos, and a cool design),
-Hinata (I love his bro + playful puppy attitude, he's perceptive of people's emotions and knows what advice to give, has pretty good supports IMO (especially with Hinoka and Felicia), great friendship dynamic with Takumi and Oboro, and he knows when to improve needed)
-Saizo (one of the few characters who doesn't kiss Corrin's feet from the get-go (and for percectly good reasons to), has a memorable dorky side to him, has a realistic revenge goal with Kotaro, and nice supports overall; definitely the most interesting character of the ninja trio IMO),
-Kagero (nice backstory, best ninja in battle, and a cool art hobby; she may be bad at art, but I like how she still enjoys it nonetheless).

I predict Oboro or Kaze will win this poll since both are generally the most popular Hoshidans, but we'll see.

Poll #2: Who is your favorite 1st generation playable Nohrian (not counting the royals)? Answer in the Strawpoll via the link below:

• I'm a sucker for shy characters, and Laslow is no exception. I remember him from Awakening, and the reason he started flirting in the first place was because his mother, Olivia, suggested he talk to girls in order to overcome his shyness. I thought it was a pretty sweet backstory detail to him.
  • He's the only one of the returning Awakening trio that really matured the most. Back in Awakening, he was childish when approaching woman, sometimes complaining when he isn't allowed to flirt (his S Support with Cynthia was a notorious example). Now, he doesn't whine about his restrictions. What really shows his maturity though is through the ways he gives advice. In his supports with characters like Mozu and Peri (as well as Xander in the Conquest Drama CDs), you can tell he's been through a lot and knows when to be a voice of reason.
Honorable mentions:
-Charlotte (she's funny and has a sympathizable backstory, not to mention she's an awesome unit with memorable quotes)
-Niles (cool backstory, decent unit, and has a memorable personality combined with nice supports overall)
-Benny (I can relate to his love for nature, and I like gentle giants. He's a good tank too)
-Scarlet (best Wyvern Lord; she's just brimming with an upbeat and optimistic personality, and she's a solid unit too)

I predict Niles, Odin, Arthur, or Charlotte will win this poll since all four are generally popular, but we'll see.
Oboro was the only Hoshidan i didnt dislike other than Hinoka and mozu (which im using for the first time now in conquest) so. . .easy vote there

And conquest was even easier. Mr. Matrix of Justice himself.

Also skyward sword is fun. Rhe lanayru desert revisit was more fun thay any segment of OoT, the sandship is my new favorite dingeon, and it even did something i wanted OoT to do, having you change time back and forth for a dungeon.

10/10
:061:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Honorable mentions:

Honorable mentions:

Went with Yukimura and Selena, respectively. Orochi and Arthur get honorable mentions.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I got Fates for Christmas.

I need to play it soon.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I got so many games and movies for Christmas.

Like the piece of **** that I am? I have touched only 13 percent of them.

I got Fates for Christmas.

I need to play it soon.
Which one?

Also inb4 you have way more fun than i did. Not that im not having funbwith conquest but lolBirthright

srsly 4 archers all with counter this early in the game and a guy with a hexing rod? plz
:061:

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I had more fun with Birthright but liked Conquests characters better.

All in all Fates was a very average Fire Emblem honestly on the verge of mediocre.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I got so many games and movies for Christmas.

Like the piece of **** that I am? I have touched only 13 percent of them.
Do you have a 3DS and did you get any 3DS games?

I need to know if there's anything I need to lightly prod you into trying, LOL

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's kind of creepy when you get junk mail "from a family member" directed toward your own personal name

But because of the email address it's obviously not them. But they know enough to have the names

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Do you have a 3DS and did you get any 3DS games?

I need to know if there's anything I need to lightly prod you into trying, LOL
Both Pokemon Sun and Moon.

I started one of them. Forgot which. And I did love it, but I just ended up busy and distracted from them.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I LUV THIS SONG!!!
Boss Battle was pretty fun as well...

Enjoying myself so far...Some pretty clever level design as well as some thought needed for some of the collectibles...

Most often when I die is because I'm still not used to the controls...sometimes I try to go for a roll and I press jump instead, or vice versa, or I try to jump and I grab instead...then I die LOL...
another time was because I had Cranky while swinging on vines and forgot he doesn't fly like Diddy or Dixie...Oops....

Also I C U Funky Kong with that Zelda reference...

(and sig is up to date)

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
eevee has another clever way to evolve into Espeon and Umbreon in GO:

It's pretty neat to see that.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
You can tell something is gonna be big when your competitor actually copies it

Yep Sony filed a patent that looks very familiar.

Remember it's just a patent

D

Deleted member

As a result of boredom, I found out that...
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Also, since 2 people liked my last post, in which I ask if my question about my progress reports is worthy of a straw poll, I took it as a "yes".
So, here is my very first straw poll.
http://www.strawpoll.me/12352470
This may be my most liked post yet. Not sure if it's because of the tweet or my poll. Probably the former.
The poll got 8 votes, and everyone voted "yes", which means I will post an update on my progress in my current playthrough as soon as I progress.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

People harp on Nintendo for doing something new...

Sony and Microsoft will inevitably follow suit...

And they will be perfectly fine with it:rolleyes:

Regardless...that looks pretty damn ugly...I'd expect Sony's hybrid console to at least follow the Vita's aesthetic, and not a frankenstiened PS controller with a tablet screen stuck in the middle...but then again as a patent this is likely no where near it's final design...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Oh my gosh.

It's a Playstation Move.

We made it boys and girls.

Nintendo was actually right.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
People harp on Nintendo for doing something new...

Sony and Microsoft will inevitably follow suit...

And they will be perfectly fine with it:rolleyes:

Regardless...that looks pretty damn ugly...I'd expect Sony's hybrid console to at least follow the Vita's aesthetic, and not a frankenstiened PS controller with a tablet screen stuck in the middle...but then again as a patent this is likely no where near it's final design...
Sony did this with motion controls too
because people love that sony **** and will slurp it down with no question

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This ******* channel xD

It gets a bit weird at the end, but not to bad.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
There was a problem fetching the tweet
oh god, apparently the audio's ****ed too
I watched IGN play that level and it did look pretty crap. Large spaces with nothing interesting in them.

It is just one level though and the jungle level which we've seen a lot of looks much better.

Though I haven't payed much attention to Yooka Laylee so I can't really comment on anything else. I'd have to see more of the game, since I've seen 1 good level and 1 bad one.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
reminder the plot of yooka laylee is the villain draind the fun out of the worlds and as you play the game you add more to the worlds

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

It's not even out yet and you want to copy it.

Sony you have no shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom