• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Since I've finally moved on to Generation 2, have fun and choose wisely.

Yes, Suicune is there because of Pokken, and having a unique Legendary.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Gotta go with Scizor.
It's my favorite Gen 2 Pokemon (And 4th favorite Pokemon overall) and would certainly be a fun character to play as.
Tyranitar would be my second choice for a Gen 2 fighter. The other 2 don't really interest me, whether it's inside or outside of Smash.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

I would vote but mobile still doesn't show the poll for some reason...
But I'd vote for my favourite fully evolved pokemon from Gen II...
:212:
I wish they'd at least bring him back as a poke-ball summon...

Now if we're talking my absolute favourite Gen II poke...:215:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Voted for Scizor, he'a a GOOD fit and we need a playable Bug Type. I just love his tanky, fast playstyle he has. Glad that he's in Pokken.

Meanwhile, everyone is very pissed about Metal Mario and his pink girlfriend being the last Mario Sports Superstars characters. They invaded Mario Kart, so it was bound to happen. They are just pandering to the Japanese Mario fans that love him while PGP is his filler partner. Expect them to be in Mario & Sonic at the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games.

Last edited:

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
You can tell something is gonna be big when your competitor actually copies it

Yep Sony filed a patent that looks very familiar.

Remember it's just a patent
Not to burst people's bubble, but this apparently from a patent dating from 2015. The Switch as we know it was revealed in October 2016.

While I don't doubt Sony and MS are looking at the Switch in some fashion, I don't think this patent is any indication of imitation. As a standard, patents are usually released years after their creation.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Voted for Scizor, he'a a GOOD fit and we need a playable Bug Type. I just love his tanky, fast playstyle he has. Glad that he's in Pokken.

Meanwhile, everyone is very pissed about Metal Mario and his pink girlfriend being the last Mario Sports Superstars characters. They invaded Mario Kart, so it was bound to happen. They are just pandering to the Japanese Mario fans that love him while PGP is his filler partner. Expect them to be in Mario & Sonic at the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games.
I can understand people liking Metal Mario (Super Smash Bros anyone?), but Pink Gold Peach? She's just a glorified OC made just to give the metal plumber a hard-on.

It's just the case of Nintendo finding any character that's "hot" and forcing them everywhere. Remember when they did the same for Petey and Dry Bowser?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Vickand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vickand

I voted for Typhlosion but if I could choose a pokemon for gen 2 it would be Feraligatr (My favourite pokemon of all time), and to be honest before the Charizard announcement for smash 4 I hoped that Sakurai would include a gen 2 pokemon trainer with Chikorita, Quilava and Feraligatr.

Also I lose hope for Feraligatr in Pokken after Empoleon got in...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Oh my God, Revelations. You finally managed to catch me off guard. Though I enjoyed the twist.

The scene where Gunter finally reveals himself as a villain.

The way how Corrin found out the contradiction in Gunter's story (or should I say testimony) felt like something straight out of Ace Attorney. :laugh: Gunter even looks like Manfred von Karma in that scene, damn. If only Corrin had yelled "Objection!". If only...

I should pat myself on the back for noticing the contradiction a couple of chapter earlier. :p
I mean it was blatantly obvious he was gonna turn traitor when you can't support with him on Revelations.

D

Deleted member

Why can you only get a Silver Card on Hard Mode? That's so dumb
Almost everyone is promoted except Bartre, Fiora and Priscilla. I can't believe I'm using Bartre just to make sure I get Jerme's chapter, I don't even care about Karla.
Fire Emblem_01.png

Man, even the localisation team doesn't know how to grammar properly. This is supposed to be a professional translation!!!
Also, I checked and
Fire Emblem_07.png

Florina's averages on Lv15 are
HP Str Skl Spd Lck Def Res
25.4 10.6 14 16.7 14 6.1 8.9

Meaning she's +3 HP, +5 Str, -2 Skl, -2 Lck and -1 Res. While being average on Def and arguably Spd
And yeah, she's behind in some stats but she has a WHOLE 5 ****ING POINTS AHEAD IN STRENGHT. I was planning on trying Farina but **** her, I'm gonna roll with Str-blessed Florina
I mean it was blatantly obvious he was gonna turn traitor when you can't support with him on Revelations.
And him not being subtle about trying to put the blame on Azura
Or the fact the traitor thing was done 3 times before in Fates
Or how he suddenly gets screentime when you arrive on Valla
OR HOW IT'S STRAIGHT UP HIS VOICE IN THAT ONE CUTSCENE

It's really not a twist

Last edited by a moderator:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I think you should spoiler that too.

Although, looking back, I guess that was an obvious hint. Still...
I don't think it needs to be cause either they already knew about it from beating it or they wouldn't know who we were talking about.

Also i mean if you really wanted it spoilered you could easily do it yourself since you are a mod.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I can already see it now, Metal Mario & Pink Gold Peach in the next Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games.

Mario Kart 8 was just the beginning and Mario Sports Superstars is a warning of what's yet to come.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I don't think it needs to be cause either they already knew about it from beating it or they wouldn't know who we were talking about.

Also i mean if you really wanted it spoilered you could easily do it yourself since you are a mod.
I don't have mod powers here, actually.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I can already see it now, Metal Mario & Pink Gold Peach in the next Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games.

Mario Kart 8 was just the beginning and Mario Sports Superstars is a warning of what's yet to come.
Given we got Eggman Nega and Dry Bowser in the last game, this wouldn't surprise me at all.

Let's see if the metal couple's spinoff popularity won't be short lived like Petey Piranha and Honey Queen.

Ivander

Smash Legend

I do wonder if it was an oversight by the developers. For one thing, Corrin and Jakob can still get support points with him, and the second thing...
You can not only still support with Scarlet, but you can still S-rank with her before Chapter 18 and still get Kana. You can actually have Kana kill her own mother's corpse.
Still, it's not like past FE traitors were any less obvious.

D

Deleted member

Pent the Experience Devourer strikes again, but this time, he's even hungrier and will also consume Jasmine's Guiding Ring
Fire Emblem_10.png

Thankfully, he can't kill him even if he doubled but I'll have to rescue him and get the hell away because I don't think Florina will last long against a Warrior

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I still find it weird you can marry Gunther and have kids. At his age, I would think it would be impossable last long and last long enough to have kids
You might need to try more often but it's possible. John Tyler's grandchildren are still alive for example and Tyler was the 10th president of the US. Trump is the 45th.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Honestly Fates would have been a much better game if it only had 1 path.
That's debatable. Considering the whole deal with Fates is "Choosing a side and feeling the pressure and consequence of not choosing the other." Fates just needs some better writing.

It shouldn't be impossible at some point to actually change stuff in a future remake/remaster and whatnot, right? Didn't Mass Effect 3 do that with the original ending? Retcon the original ending and give it a new ending and some additional stuff relating to said new ending?

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I voted for Typhlosion but if I could choose a pokemon for gen 2 it would be Feraligatr (My favourite pokemon of all time), and to be honest before the Charizard announcement for smash 4 I hoped that Sakurai would include a gen 2 pokemon trainer with Chikorita, Quilava and Feraligatr.

Also I lose hope for Feraligatr in Pokken after Empoleon got in...
Off topic but I always read Typhlosion as TIFFSPLOSION

D

Deleted member

Holy ****, I got all the desert treasure, the Guiding Ring AND the sidequest
Thank you, fellow Shaman who baited Pent out of Jasmine's range

D

Deleted member

Alright, despite what I said on my tweet from about 5 hours ago, my mom did eventually evacuated the living room so I was able to progress on my playthrough of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, albeit only for a hour and a half. However, I did make some progress that's worth mentioning.
Since I never posted an update on this game before, I'd like to explain how I play the game.
Whenever I enter a new level, I make sure to fully complete it with the 3 gemstones and the bonus objectives, which makes the game a bit more challenging. Plus, fully completing a game feels very satisfying.
With that out of the way, let's look at my actual progress; I am currently at episode 2, level 14. I completed 6 levels in the last hour and a half.
I'll detail my experience with each of these levels:
Level 8 was a haunted house level (Which are pretty easy in that game thanks to the flashlight that can kill Boos). I got all the gems on my first run, and if I would've noticed the blue toads earlier that give you a 1-up mushroom earlier, I wouldn't have returned there.
Level 9 was a Draggadon level, which made it a bit stressful but it wasn't too difficult. I accomplished the bonus objective of not taking any damage on my first attempt. I then witnessed what might be the most brutal cutscene I've ever seen in a Mario related game - Toadette riding Draggadon inside a volcanic cave, with Draggadon destroying everything in his path (it was an interactive cutscene) while Toadette smiles innocently like she didn't just cause the death of about 20 living creatures.
Level 10 had spinwheel puzzles, which are generally pretty easy, and so was getting every gemstone. The hidden gold mushroom was also pretty easy to locate.
Level 11 was a breeze.
Level 12 was more confusing then hard. The Bonus objective was to solve it while only stepping on 3 P-switches, which was easy.
Level 13 was a nightmare though - it was a pipe maze with Fuzzies, which were hard to avoid because of the controls of pipe navigation, and it was somewhat difficult to locate the gemstones. What I just described was the easy part - the real hard part of the level comes from the bonus objective, which is collecting at least 70 coins. There aren't many coins, but there is a gold mushroom which gives 50 more coins. Getting about 20 coins isn't hard. However, getting the gold mushroom is, and trying to stay alive after collecting it is even worse. It took me about 10 attempts until I finally got it.
Sorry for all the blabbering. inb4 no one reads this and i feel like an idiot for typing so much
Edit: I just realized it took me almost an hour to type all this.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

I do wonder if it was an oversight by the developers. For one thing, Corrin and Jakob can still get support points with him, and the second thing...
You can not only still support with Scarlet, but you can still S-rank with her before Chapter 18 and still get Kana. You can actually have Kana kill her own mother's corpse.
Still, it's not like past FE traitors were any less obvious.
Another major hint for the eventual Gunter reveal was that Chapter 18 cutscene. The shadowed figure that attacks Corrin sounded exactly like Gunter, and considering he was there in that one scene right before he and everyone minus Corrin & Scarlet jumped off... yeah.

Something tells me the reason why Corrin couldn't support Gunter in Revelation is because of the eventual revelation that Gunter used to have a wife and daughter (both were killed because Gunter refused to be Garon's retainer), and the developers probably didn't want to create the awkward situation where you might've S-Supported Gunter but then you find out he used to have a family.

Honestly, what should've happened was to make Gunter the only unit that could not achieve an S-Support with Corrin and keep his C through A supports with him and Jakob. That would've made the plot twist less obvious then it already was.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Why Nino is the purest of all cinnamon rolls, exhibit A
Fire Emblem_17.png
Fire Emblem_18.png

Also, goddamn, I can't wait to bench Bartre, I can even field Lyn and Eliwood because I'm too short on deployment slots
Another major hint for the eventual Gunter reveal was that Chapter 18 cutscene. The shadowed figure that attacks Corrin sounded exactly like Gunter, and considering he was there in that one scene right before he and everyone minus Corrin & Scarlet jumped off... yeah.

Something tells me the reason why Corrin couldn't support Gunter in Revelation is because of the eventual revelation that Gunter used to have a wife and daughter (both were killed because Gunter refused to be Garon's retainer), and the developers probably didn't want to create the awkward situation where you might've S-Supported Gunter but then you find out he used to have a family.

Honestly, what should've happened was to make Gunter the only unit that could not achieve an S-Support with Corrin and keep his C through A supports with him and Jakob. That would've made the plot twist less obvious then it already was.
They'd have to remove his S-Support from Conquest to make it have any real effect, otherwise it's still just as suspicious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom