• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
You know.

I don't watch Pewdiepie but this video was worth watching.

He's had some real attacks thrown at him recently. Most of them false accusations and out of context idiocy.

I am surprised with how much he's matured since the last time I saw his videos.
Actually, because you brought this up Swamp, I'd like to remind you all of something.

And that is, when it comes to Celebrities who aren't famous from politics, which even then take a grain of salt about that stuff, but from entertainment, never ever trust the media, because they will always try to push the person in a bad light, cause negativity always gets more clicks.

Plus most people who right about celebrity's lives, are usually the worst of the worst when it comes to journalism, they literally try and write anything to get a paycheck... oh wait, those guys aren't journalists, they're paparazzi, people who can make celebrities personal lives a living hell.

D

Deleted member

Reminder that FE has had gay relationships way before Fates
Fire Emblem_19.png

Though Lucius misses the point completely
Fire Emblem_20.png

And what is this Florina!?
Fire Emblem_21.png

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Here's the rest of the Switch Avatars

Some nice ones like Callie and Marie, even Zero Suit Samus.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Another major hint for the eventual Gunter reveal was that Chapter 18 cutscene. The shadowed figure that attacks Corrin sounded exactly like Gunter, and considering he was there in that one scene right before he and everyone minus Corrin & Scarlet jumped off... yeah.

Something tells me the reason why Corrin couldn't support Gunter in Revelation is because of the eventual revelation that Gunter used to have a wife and daughter (both were killed because Gunter refused to be Garon's retainer), and the developers probably didn't want to create the awkward situation where you might've S-Supported Gunter but then you find out he used to have a family.

Honestly, what should've happened was to make Gunter the only unit that could not achieve an S-Support with Corrin and keep his C through A supports with him and Jakob. That would've made the plot twist less obvious then it already was.
That's sort of the whole deal on what should've happened with Gunter. Make him the only non-S rank character in both Conquest and Revelations and keep his supports for Revelations and that would've made the mind control less obvious. Not to the point of non-obvious in the case of other scenes(and in all honesty, mind control without any sort of hinting isn't all that good), but still less obvious that the player isn't questioning and speculating why they can't support with a character that you could in a previous path.

That aside, in Overwatch news....
Jeff Kaplan said:
24 is not who you think it is.
For those who don't understand, there are 23 characters in the game and everybody has been speculating character 24 to be Doomfist. The quote above is an official post by Jeff. So now, everybody at the Overwatch community is going wild with the quote, from "who could it be if it possibly isn't Doomfist?" to "Obviously, the next character is Jack Bauer of 24." and etc.

D

Deleted member

Oh, sure you bloody well would focus on Raven and Lucius. And not Florina and Lyn, the far superior pairing :p
Nah, Lucius and Raven is a far superior because one looks like a grill and the other looks like a medium rare stake that's going to go on that grill.

D

Deleted member

Oh, sure you bloody well would focus on Raven and Lucius. And not Florina and Lyn, the far superior pairing :p
I'm doing LynXHector though Lyn is gong to have a B-Support with Florina for backup
It's mostly because I want the paired endings and I didn't plan on using Florina until she got Str-blessed
Nah, Lucius and Raven is a far superior because one looks like a grill and the other looks like a medium rare stake that's going to go on that grill.
Lucius does look like a really rare steak though, you don't see someone like him everyday

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Dear Diary.

Today I learned....

D

Deleted member

Dammit, I forgot to mention the sizzling too. Oh well, at least I put "is a far superior".

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
The best paring is forever :4feroy: and bad growths

Followed by Sigurd and Fire, Anna and money & Frederick and Cordelia

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Don't know if any of you have heard about this
So that means, I will never have to buy Super Metroid again after purchasing it on the Switch?

But seriously an actual account that can carry over to other systems is great news!

Ivander

Smash Legend
Don't know if any of you have heard about this
Purchases tied to the account is nice in general, but part of it also depends on how this will effect the e-shop stuff for the Wii U and 3DS. I'm mostly saying that cause of whether or not we will have to wait for VC games to come out again before redownloading and whatnot.

THAT ASIDE, however, wasn't there something mentioning about multiple Switch consoles possibly being able to have the same account? I need confirmation on that before I get hasty assumptions.

D

Deleted member

Oh, so Pascal in H25 actually moves and the chapter is sorta a Seize map(except here is 3 points you have to seize)
So add him to the "boss in a seize map that moves" list

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Looking at the avatar selection for the Switch.

Mario, Zelda, Pikmin, Donkey Kong Animal Crossing, Metroid, and Splatoon are the only series to get avatars.

This theoritically means these series would be Nintendo's big games. Although oddly enough Pokemon is missing. I'll chalk that up to something with GameFreak.

Assuming there's no other avatars for the time being, and that the lack of other popular series could mean those 7 are deemed as the big guns.

Something worth nothing. With the lack of Metroid games, I'd imagine they may still be trying to do something with the franchise.

Either way, I think the avatar selection is interesting to think about.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Mario, Zelda, Pikmin, Donkey Kong Animal Crossing, Metroid, and Splatoon are the only series to get avatars.

This theoritically means these series would be Nintendo's big games. Although oddly enough Pokemon is missing. I'll chalk that up to something with GameFreak.

Assuming there's no other avatars for the time being, and that the lack of other popular series could mean those 7 are deemed as the big guns.

Something worth nothing. With the lack of Metroid games, I'd imagine they may still be trying to do something with the franchise.

You forgot Star Fox got an Arwing.

Granted, they are still wanting to do something with Star Fox eventually, it's just a bit more in a. . .replanning phase.

Most of the other big guns apparently have dual ownership with the groups that work on them, I.E. Kirby and HAL, FE and Intelligent Systems.

Metroid is almost certainly being worked on regardless of if it needs avatars to back it up, though, Reggie said they're aware of the demand and to ask him again in a year and IMO the idea that Nintendo hates Metroid is a myth.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Yeah, I managed to find the leaked post thing about a Nintendo Account being linked to Multiple Switches.
https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/5tsruy/leaked_indevelopment_ui_mockups/
  • A Nintendo Account can be linked to multiple Switches BUT save data is not automatically synchronized
This is where my hasty question is asked about this....can this potentially allow one Nintendo Switch with the Account to buy a game digitally, then another Switch with that account will be able to redownload that game for free? I know it definitely sounds like a hasty assumption as it sounds like it could be taken advantage of and something that Nintendo would look into not to have sales be take advantage of. But something like that could also be a huge effect on the Switch itself, as a family could buy another Switch later and not worry about having to buy the game again thanks to the first Switch with their Nintendo Account.

I'm not trying to get into full-blown assumptions yet though, as it could've been something in development that was later scrapped or whatnot. Also something like that alone sounds way too good to be true for those planning to buy multiple Switches. Save Data could also refer to purchases rather than in-game save data. But still, if something like this is true, this could have a powerful effect on the Switch.

We'll just have to wait and see when the Switch officially comes out and whatnot.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

The lack of Pokémon, Kirby, and Fire Emblem is definitely due to them not being made in-house.

I see what you did there. Too bad that ship is so fragile because of that. :p
Nah, they both just take turns wearing the Chrom wig.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Curious that both Kirby and Fire Emblem appear to be missing icons...Its possible they'll just add more as time goes on, as it appears there will be a lot of customization with the interface in general...

As much as I love Samus I wouldn't mind getting a Metroid icon...

I'm also curious if we can make our own since there is the snapshot feature on the Switch, just whether or not we can edit these for the avatar icons...

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I'm going to see LEGO Batman today.

Wish me luck. And Robin better be the best of cinnamon rolls Coricus Coricus .

D

Deleted member

I remember these bonuses being much more absurd
Fire Emblem_25.png

Why no Lck tho? She ain't a Morph
No matter, Florina is gonna LOVE those free boosts
Fire Emblem_26.png

Time to steal stuff I'm not supposed to

Also, Eliwood gets an early promotion courtesy of Athos's Heaven Seal and not being tied to the story, thanks buddy

D

Deleted member

Nah, they both just take turns wearing the Chrom wig.
In all seriousness though, I never really liked that Cordelia and Tharja both obsess over one character. Especially tharja, her S supports with Libra and Henry are kill joy.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Sorry, but cute and adorable will always beat, pointlessly hot an macho :p

I'm doing LynXHector though Lyn is gong to have a B-Support with Florina for backup
It's mostly because I want the paired endings and I didn't plan on using Florina until she got Str-blessed

Lucius does look like a really rare steak though, you don't see someone like him everyday
But Lyn and Florina have a paired ending. You have straight failed, in the way your supposed to play FE7, you see your supposed to pair Lyn up with Florina, Eliwood with Fiora, and Hector with Farina, so that in FE6, you can have Roy and Lilina get in on that sweet sweet cousin incest. jk

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So Ultra Street Fighter II has a custom palette swap feature

If I get this game, I sure as heck ain't going with this Original Character Do Not Steal™ quality shown above.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

If I get this game, I sure as heck ain't going with this Original Character Do Not Steel™ quality shown above.
The Incredible Hulk surely let himself go over the years.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well guys... you probably missed out on my posts, but I am unfortunately sick as a result of a stomach flu. Hopefully, I'll heal up as the days go by, but I am taking one step at a time.

Also, seems like there was no Smash logo found, huh? That could either mean nothing or something.

D

Deleted member

Sorry, but cute and adorable will always beat, pointlessly hot an macho :p
>Macho
>Lucius
??? Raven's also not that macho for a guy in the mercenary class.(I.E. Ogma, Gerrick, Gregor etc.)

Also, what's wrong with being Macho? Too hot to handle, too cold to hold? :p

If I get this game, I sure as heck ain't going with this Original Character Do Not Steel™ quality shown above.
I am, I remember in CvS2s pallete's I'd always make things such as a Spiderman pallete for Raiden or a Hulk one for Chang. :p Same goes for KoF 13's custom pallete system.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
In all seriousness though, I never really liked that Cordelia and Tharja both obsess over one character. Especially tharja, her S supports with Libra and Henry are kill joy.
I didn't think it was too big a detriment to Cordelia, since she at least had other traits to fall back on.

Tharja, on the other hand, had her entire character based around her obsession with Robin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom