• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
My everything hurts:
View attachment 134641

I need to link a Nintendo Account to get a code, right?
Hmm I thiiink? I cant remeber if the code was there right away or after I linked my account but to be on the safe side, lets say yeah, link your account first:substitute:

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Man I can't believe inside the box was an embarrassing photo from a Christmas party. You should have been more careful Swamp!
Seriously, nice though and congrats! What games do you have for it?
Nothing. :D just the Switch.

But hey that's enough for me right now.

Chrono.

Minor PSA for anyone starting Xenoblade 2:

Once you reach the Chapter 6 Titan, beware of the green mist weather in it, as it makes very high level enemies appear in all areas, including those you'll be trekking through.

All of these monsters will aggro you and there's also a high amount of hidden enemies in this weather as well.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
So to continue on my Christmas story.

My parents said it was a practical Christmas.

They were right.

I got canned food, paper towels, toothpaste, etc.

They basically did months of grocery shopping in advance.

Not very exciting but I appreciate it. Saves me a lot of time and money.

Oh, and I got Uncharted: Lost Legacy.

As for the big box?

Give me your Switch codes you ninnies.
I bet you must be very happy with your Nintendo Switch! What games have you got your sights on for now? Breath of the Wild, or Super Mario Odyssey? Either way, feel free to note my Switch Friend Code, which is right here:
SW-2525-8699-9095

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Mario Odyssey has multiple moons with "nut" in their name and of course my brain has a knee-jerk immature reaction to every one of them

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
im glad to see people getting the switch for christmas, as for my firend code....well look under my profile pic

Rizen

Smash Legend
I beat the 1HKO challenge in BotW. I'd forgotten the unhelpful, condescending hints after you die: "Instead of flailing around like a jack***, try to git gud son!"

Anyone a good place/way to get star pieces? I'm not running into any and gold lynals almost never drop them either.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I got Xenoblade Chronicles 2.
Nice~
The more people buy Xenoblade Chronicles 2 the better. Don't know if it's my fanboysim, grinding frenzy, or simply just how much you can do in the game... I already played this game for over 115 hours and not even finishing chapter 5.
Congratulations on the Switch! Also I personally think all dogs are equal, but that is my opinion. The games I recommend you get is BOTW, Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade Chronicles 2.
Don't forget Splatoon 2 as well.
I'm especially looking forward to playing Xenoblade 2, but I don't think I'll have the time to start playing today. I also need to finish up beating the main story of Mario Odyssey first.
Mario Odyssey main story is pretty easy and quick to finish, it's what after you finish matters.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has already been my most played game even though I have plenty of games to play. I wanna play Splatoon 2 but for some reason I still play Xenoblade Chronicles 2...
update: i just got a dumb nintendo switch instead. terrible. disappointing.
LOL I am curious to know why.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Well, Tempest Trials is up. Let's see what the new Seals are!

-Threaten Speed
Nice! That's pretty nice and good for those who want to double or make it harder to be doubled.

-Iote's Shield
Awesome! This is a awesome bonus for flying units and allows high DEF fliers like Michalis, Beruka and Subaki to counter Bows better, including Brave Lyn. It also gives Spring Camilla a big boost against Brave Lyn.

-Heavy Blade
Was this necessary? Was this actually necessary? Sure, it's not as usable as say Steady Breath, but this gives an unnecessary boost to High ATK users like Cherche, Chrom, Effie and especially to Hector and Winter Chrom. That's not even counting Soleil who's ATK rivals Cherche and Siegbert who can get a +10 ATK boost with his Weapon and A-skill alone. Like it's good that we don't need to worry about sacrificing Ikes.....but this is going to make some characters very deadly as they can now benefit from both Death Blow 3/Swift Sparrow 2 AND Heavy Blade 3.
Heck, Reinhardt and Brave Lyn actually benefit from it. A +ATK Reinhardt with Hone Cavalry and Death Blow will have 56 ATK. And a Neutral Brave Lyn with her Prf Weapon, Hone and Swift Sparrow will reach 57 ATK. And Heavy Blade 3 only needs to be higher by 1 ATK to work.
Also, wouldn't everyday Heavy Blade actually powercreep Blazing Durandal? While Blazing Durandal also gives +3 ATK, wouldn't a Heavy Blade seal make a MT+Forged Slaying Edge+ more favourable for Eliwood now rather than Blazing Durandal? A Slaying Edge+ would allow easier proccing of Glacies for Eliwood(Glacies at 3 thanks to Slaying Edge, Eliwood attacks with higher ATK, at 1, enemy attacks, at 0, Eliwood activates Glacies). Blazing Durandal gives 19 MT, but a Forged Slaying Edge+ can give 16 MT, allowing an +ATK Eliwood to still reach 50 ATK. Combine that with Hone Cavalry and Death Blow and he reaches 62 ATK.

A Heavy Blade Seal is going to make some characters unnecessarily powerful, as not only can they now have Heavy Blade 3 alongside the likes of Death Blow, Steady Breath and Swift Sparrow, but this gives Slaying Edge alot of power, as it allows Slaying Edge users to activate skills like Ignis and Glacies more easily.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I just put my FC for Switch. So, feel free to add me if you want.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Minor PSA for anyone starting Xenoblade 2:

Once you reach the Chapter 6 Titan, beware of the green mist weather in it, as it makes very high level enemies appear in all areas, including those you'll be trekking through.

All of these monsters will aggro you and there's also a high amount of hidden enemies in this weather as well.
I haven't reach there and my highest level is 66 (Zeke), is that enough?
By the way, if you got stumped in some quest, you can try the ask me. I just might know what to do.
I bet you must be very happy with your Nintendo Switch! What games have you got your sights on for now? Breath of the Wild, or Super Mario Odyssey? Either way, feel free to note my Switch Friend Code, which is right here:
SW-2525-8699-9095
Mine us on my profile page, add me if you want.
I just put my FC for Switch. So, feel free to add me if you want.
Same here, my FC is on my profile page.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

-Threaten Speed
Nice! That's pretty nice and good for those who want to double or make it harder to be doubled.

-Iote's Shield
Awesome! This is a awesome bonus for flying units and allows high DEF fliers like Michalis, Beruka and Subaki to counter Bows better, including Brave Lyn. It also gives Spring Camilla a big boost against Brave Lyn.

-Heavy Blade
Was this necessary? Was this actually necessary? Sure, it's not as usable as say Steady Breath, but this gives an unnecessary boost to High ATK users like Cherche, Chrom, Effie and especially to Hector and Winter Chrom. That's not even counting Soleil who's ATK rivals Cherche and Siegbert who can get a +10 ATK boost with his Weapon and A-skill alone. Like it's good that we don't need to worry about sacrificing Ikes.....but this is going to make some characters very deadly as they can now benefit from both Death Blow 3/Swift Sparrow 2 AND Heavy Blade 3.
Heck, Reinhardt and Brave Lyn actually benefit from it. A +ATK Reinhardt with Hone Cavalry and Death Blow will have 56 ATK. And a Neutral Brave Lyn with her Prf Weapon, Hone and Swift Sparrow will reach 57 ATK. And Heavy Blade 3 only needs to be higher by 1 ATK to work.
Also, wouldn't everyday Heavy Blade actually powercreep Blazing Durandal? While Blazing Durandal also gives +3 ATK, wouldn't a Heavy Blade seal make a MT+Forged Slaying Edge+ more favourable for Eliwood now rather than Blazing Durandal? A Slaying Edge+ would allow easier proccing of Glacies for Eliwood(Glacies at 3 thanks to Slaying Edge, Eliwood attacks with higher ATK, at 1, enemy attacks, at 0, Eliwood activates Glacies). Blazing Durandal gives 19 MT, but a Forged Slaying Edge+ can give 16 MT, allowing an +ATK Eliwood to still reach 50 ATK. Combine that with Hone Cavalry and Death Blow and he reaches 62 ATK.

A Heavy Blade Seal is going to make some characters unnecessarily powerful, as not only can they now have Heavy Blade 3 alongside the likes of Death Blow, Steady Breath and Swift Sparrow, but this gives Slaying Edge alot of power, as it allows Slaying Edge users to activate skills like Ignis and Glacies more easily.
Threaten Spd is probably something I'll ignore(especially since it likely uses Blue badges). Iote's Shield is gonna be helpful to do the monthly Flier 10th Stratum quest at least.
But Heavy Blade man... What the actual ****? I think it's probably due to all the other cooldown acceleration skills we've gotten recently who all just eclipse over Heavy Blade(Steady Breath, Flashing Bkade, the two new Fighter skills).

Now to wait for Grani Shield seal so Horse Emblem becomes unstoppable :^)

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

-Threaten Speed

-Iote's Shield

-Heavy Blade

Heavy Blade only affects the atk-stat shown on screen, so Death Blow/Swift Sparrow/Everything Siegbert has does not count towards it so Life and Death, Fury and Atk +3 are the only A-skills that counts towards it.
Hone skills do still boost that attack stat, but I wouldn't worry about the likes od Lyn and Reinhardt getting even more powerful.
Iote's Shield given out for free is actually the big deal here. Can't see many Flier units that wouldn't run this, so aside from missing out on a Seal slot, Fliers lost their main weakness.

So yeah, snack time Minerva!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm experimenting with another Clair build.

This actually wouldn't be too bad on Hinoka either to patch up her Res a little bit.

I hope I get an Innes sometime so I can get that Res to go even further beyond.

D

Deleted member

Heavy Blade only affects the atk-stat shown on screen, so Death Blow/Swift Sparrow/Everything Siegbert has does not count towards it so Life and Death, Fury and Atk +3 are the only A-skills that counts towards it.
Hone skills do still boost that attack stat, but I wouldn't worry about the likes od Lyn and Reinhardt getting even more powerful.
Iote's Shield given out for free is actually the big deal here. Can't see many Flier units that wouldn't run this, so aside from missing out on a Seal slot, Fliers lost their main weakness.

So yeah, snack time Minerva!
Wait, are you sure? I could swear in-battle buffs affected the Blade skills(based on Ayra's Prf weapon+Swift Sparrow)
I hope I get an Innes sometime so I can get that Res to go even further beyond.
>Saccing an Innes for Fortress Res
But why though?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'll post my Switch FC later, seeing all this FC sharing, don't have my Switch with me right now
Also, lol, gonna download demos cause I'm broke
This was me in my first year with the 3DS.
And would still be if I had enough SD card storage. You never stop being broke.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
praline praline
@Erureido
@Robert of Normandy
Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo
Strider_Bond00J Strider_Bond00J
powerprotoman powerprotoman
Metal Shop X Metal Shop X
mario123007 mario123007

I sent you all friend requests.

My Switch friend code is now in my information here.

If I missed anyone who has one and wants to friend me, please tag or PM me.

Add me friends!!!

Also, lol, gonna download demos cause I'm broke.
Thanks for the notify, I have Splatoon 2 by the way, so if you want to have some match sometimes PM me.

For those who just got Nintendo Switch and didn't even bother to check my profile page (For some reason...) my code is right here:
SW-5739-4272-0700

I think we need a Switch FC sharing thread.... or do we already have one?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Switch Friend Code:
SW-0449-9175-0899

I'll accept any friend requests because I'm a platonic ****
Why not tho?
1-Fortress skills are just terrible in general. There's no reason to run them unless the unit already comes with it.
2-Innes comes with Cancel Affinity which is a much more valuable skill than FR.
3-Innes are friends not fodder.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
I got SOV and (surprisingly) Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. (INB4 Opossum) from my best friend so that's cool. That's all I really got from Christmas game-wise but hey, I'm cool with that. I haven't actually started on either of them though since I still have to get through Ultra Moon (I'm in the final stretch though at least so there's that.)

:094:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Switch Friend Code:
SW-0449-9175-0899

I'll accept any friend requests because I'm a platonic ****

1-Fortress skills are just terrible in general. There's no reason to run them unless the unit already comes with it.
2-Innes comes with Cancel Affinity which is a much more valuable skill than FR.
3-Innes are friends not fodder.
Fortress skills are great if you're going for pure Def/Res and are running things like Glacies and Ignis anyway. They also work great on Flier/Horse/Armour/Dragon Emblem since you are making up for the lost Atk and even getting a little extra still.

Having a slightly lower attack won't matter if you're invincible.

And I don't really have a use for Cancel Affinity.

And I haven't played Sacred Stones yet so I have no personal attachments.

I got SOV and (surprisingly) Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. (INB4 Opossum) from my best friend so that's cool. That's all I really got from Christmas game-wise but hey, I'm cool with that. I haven't actually started on either of them though since I still have to get through Ultra Moon (I'm in the final stretch though at least so there's that.)

:094:
inb4 me too

Codename STEAM is one of the best 3DS games don't even @ me

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

I still think Catherine on PS4 is still going to be a great game, even though I'm not entirely interested...
And glad there weren't people here complaining on Xenoblade 2 having a character that is a trap... don't ask me who it is.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Fortress skills are great if you're going for pure Def/Res and are running things like Glacies and Ignis anyway. They also work great on Flier/Horse/Armour/Dragon Emblem since you are making up for the lost Atk and even getting a little extra still.

Having a slightly lower attack won't matter if you're invincible.

And I don't really have a use for Cancel Affinity.

And I haven't played Sacred Stones yet so I have no personal attachments.

inb4 me too

Codename STEAM is one of the best 3DS games don't even @ me
Warding Stance and Distant Def exist, Fortress Res hurts your Atk and doesn't even provide a reasonable enough buff.

Hell, your Clair already has Fury, giving her FR is +2 Res for -6 Atk and -3 Spd/Def

INNES IS FRIEND NOT FODDER

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I still think Catherine on PS4 is still going to be a great game, even though I'm not entirely interested...
And glad there weren't people here complaining on Xenoblade 2 having a character that is a trap... don't ask me who it is.:rolleyes:
>Catherine is LGBT-phobic
>Erica is one of the most respectfully portrayed trans characters in all of fiction and just a really cool character in her own right
>people still falling for the the "Rin is a trap" meme and even if it was real it would have nothing to do with LGBT at that point

you know there's more to this game than who you date you know

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
>Erica is one of the most respectfully portrayed trans characters in all of fiction and just a really cool character in her own right
>people still falling for the the "Rin is a trap" meme and even if it was real it would have nothing to do with LGBT at that point

I mean, Erica's a punch line for the True Lovers ending, that's not really the most respectful. And the deadname in the credits is HARDLY respectable

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Well, looks like everyone got a Switch this Christmas! I wonder how many more will Nintendo sell. Anyways, decided to add my Switch friend code to my profile, and sent a couple of friend requests, so if you see a Yoshi that wants your friendship, it's probably me! Also everyone feel free to add me on the Switch too!

Here in Spain we don't get Christmas presents until the 6th of January, which is the day of the Three Wise Men (I don't even know if that's how you say it...) so no presents for me, at least for now. I don't expect anything anyways.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I mean, Erica's a punch line for the True Lovers ending, that's not really the most respectful. And the deadname in the credits is HARDLY respectable
She's not a punch line, Erica is comfortable enough with herself to joke about the fact she's trans and fool around with people who don't know better, like Toby. She's still the main attraction of the Stray Sheep (also Toby still slept with her after finding out she was a post-op trans which is the complete opposite of transphobic), and doesn't even care that she gets the death game nightmares. Erica is basically what trans people IRL wish they could be like, she's gotten through her insecurities to become a strong and independent woman.

The name in the credits is just for confirming it for people who didn't go for the True Lover ending or didn't engage in all of the optional dialogue involving her. If it wasn't in the credits, it'd be confirmed in an interview or something. I don't see what's offensive about confirming she's trans. It's not trans representation if you can't 100% confirm it.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

you forgot
>people still don't understand that saying a character is a trap/otokonoko has nothing to do with sexual or gender politics
Well, looks like everyone got a Switch this Christmas! I wonder how many more will Nintendo sell. Anyways, decided to add my Switch friend code to my profile, and sent a couple of friend requests, so if you see a Yoshi that wants your friendship, it's probably me! Also everyone feel free to add me on the Switch too!

Here in Spain we don't get Christmas presents until the 6th of January, which is the day of the Three Wise Men (I don't even know if that's how you say it...) so no presents for me, at least for now. I don't expect anything anyways.
You don't mind if I add you later on? If you see a Kokichi, that's-a me

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Me thinks cis people have no right to say whether or not a trans character is being represented respectfully.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Me thinks cis people have no right to say whether or not a trans character is being represented respectfully.
Methinks people who haven't played a game and don't understand the context of it's content have no place or grounds on which to speak about it's content.

But I guess they wouldn't get to play armchair social politics if they did that.

And FYI, everyone has a right to speak about it. It's called free speech.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
If Erica is a "respectfully" portrayed trans character then I'm Batman.

Methinks people who haven't played a game and don't understand the context of it's content have no place or grounds on which to speak about it's content.

But I guess they wouldn't get to play armchair social politics if they did that.

And FYI, everyone has a right to speak about it. It's called free speech.
Need a shovel to help you with that digging?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
She's not a punch line, Erica is comfortable enough with herself to joke about the fact she's trans and fool around with people who don't know better, like Toby. She's still the main attraction of the Stray Sheep (also Toby still slept with her after finding out she was a post-op trans which is the complete opposite of transphobic), and doesn't even care that she gets the death game nightmares. Erica is basically what trans people IRL wish they could be like, she's gotten through her insecurities to become a strong and independent woman.

The name in the credits is just for confirming it for people who didn't go for the True Lover ending or didn't engage in all of the optional dialogue involving her. If it wasn't in the credits, it'd be confirmed in an interview or something. I don't see what's offensive about confirming she's trans. It's not trans representation if you can't 100% confirm it.
Toby wanted his virginity back after he found out, and I have multiple arguments for why the deadname in the credits is rude
1: If you didn't get the dialogue and other optional ****, it'd be like blurting it out, which is rude as hell, considering that even in Japan trans people are seen as weird or a fetish. Imagine you have a secret and someone just blurted it out in the open for everyone to know with no regard to your feelings. Erica's able to joke around, but one look at the list of LGBT people murdered for being LGBT tells you she clearly isn't the norm about the situation
2: That's insulting the audience by implying the people playing aren't smart enough to take a hint, I don't know about you, but I don't like having my intelligence insulted because someone thought I wasn't smart enough to solve the rather easy puzzle. If you need the answer spelled out, then you're not really good at reading subtle hints.
3: There's a difference between an interview confirming something and this situation. An interviewer talking about it is merely fleshing things out, the credits are again, blurting it out of nowhere which is nobody's business. An interview could be like the actual game, telling us how her life was in the past. Imagine if every minority character had their sexuality, race or disability added in the credits too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom