• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Been a pretty good day overall. Family's gotten along, things have been cordial, I'm still somehow conscious despite getting hardly any sleep (thanks, pinched nerve). Oh, and the gifts were pretty nice, including (but not limited to) Xenoblade 2!

Now if I could pull Christmas Robin later--or really, any of the seasonal units so I'm not heading into the Tempest with only a 20% bonus--this day would go from good to great.
20% really isn't bad. Sure it takes longer, but auto-battling Tempest Trials on Hard/Lunatic 5 is also good for farming points. Heck, Nowi is awesome for TT due to how good she is thanks to already having Lightning Breath+ that she can get forged. And Masked Marth/Lucina can be used as a psuedo-healer and has good stats all around.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
RIP to our friend Blue. He had a delicious avi and the second funniest grammatical errors. He shall be missed
-Mais je n'étais pas mort.
Green Hunter Z
1999-2017

Rest in Tiger Cream Heaven.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

We all know a rock is better than any gift you guys got. You are all jealous of my rock; it is beautiful.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
For real though, I am going to bed now.

So, I hope you will have a great time. :) And remember:

If you are naughty child who play Smash on christmas. Vanilla Sagat from SF2 will come to your home and Tiger Uppercut the **** of you.

So, stay cool my friends.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Huh may be interesting if this is all real:
So the big takeaway is the Innovation vs Tradition theme in addition to what seems to be a complete overhaul of the battle system.

I...feel conflicted. I'd need to see it in action, I think. Though I will say I'm relieved because when I read them calling the combat "like a DW game," my mind instantly went to Dynasty Warriors instead of Digimon World. :laugh:

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
-Mais je n'étais pas mort.
Green Hunter Z
1999-2017

Rest in Tiger Cream Heaven.
For real though, I am going to bed now.

So, I hope you will have a great time. :) And remember:

If you are naughty child who play Smash on christmas. Vanilla Sagat from SF2 will come to your home and Tiger Uppercut the **** of you.

So, stay cool my friends.
Sometimes I still hear him now...
Hey no rush. Whenever you are able.

Who has the funniest?
Cori got it!

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
You have a Switch? Are we friends on it?
I do have a Switch, though we aren't friends on it yet.

But since it's now the holidays and more people have been getting Switches, I think today calls for that Switch FC announcement.

I updated my profile so that my Switch friend code appears below my username. For those that want to add me, It is SW-4754-8756-2004. Revali is my switch icon, and my Switch username appears as Japanese characters with stars on the front and end of it.

For my online games, I currently have Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Arms, and Splatoon 2. Of the three, I play Mario Kart most of the time, though I will play the other two every now and then. Currently though, I'll be playing Mario Odyssey and then it will be XC2, so it's going to be some time before I play online multiplayer.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I wanted a new fight stick, went out of the way to send people a link to a cheaper one they could get me.

You know what I got for Christmas?

Clothes

Just Clothes

I mean they look nice but I'm the kind of guy who purposefully wears the same three hoodies on rotation cuz they don't care about fashion. I got this weird turtle neck / hoodie hybrid, it looks super weird but whatevs.

:150:

Chrono.

So the big takeaway is the Innovation vs Tradition theme in addition to what seems to be a complete overhaul of the battle system.

I...feel conflicted. I'd need to see it in action, I think. Though I will say I'm relieved because when I read them calling the combat "like a DW game," my mind instantly went to Dynasty Warriors instead of Digimon World. :laugh:
Which Digimon World is my question.

It's likely not a beat em up so 4 is out. Pokemon already has it's own roguelike dungeon crawler so 2 is out. That just leaves us with 3, which are the closest one to the main Pokemon games in gameplay (and laid the groundwork for the Story series) and the original, which is the virtual pet and has since been expanded upon on Re:Digitize and especially Next 0rder.

D

Deleted member

IS needs to start giving me more goddamn refining stones because my man Jaffar is in dire need of that upgrade
20% really isn't bad. Sure it takes longer, but auto-battling Tempest Trials on Hard/Lunatic 5 is also good for farming points. Heck, Nowi is awesome for TT due to how good she is thanks to already having Lightning Breath+ that she can get forged. And Masked Marth/Lucina can be used as a psuedo-healer and has good stats all around.
I managed to complete the last TT with a whole week remaining with only 20% units. Granted, I did blow my Stamina Potions but I had more than enough that it didn't really matter much. Think I only used ~30 of my 90 or so potions

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I thought of Dynasty Warriors first too haha.

The combat could be good but from these descriptions I'd like to see it in action before forming an opinion.

I like the idea of the story theme if true, it leads to a lot of possibilities.

D

Deleted member

Me three; I thought of Dynasty Warriors. It rolls off the tongue better.

I need to look into this "combat" system more. I need to see it in action too.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The highest level CPUs in Dissidia NT are actually terrifying. This battle was probably more intense than most of my battles against humans.

Also I came across a Lightning with a really nice black and red colour scheme.

IMG_20171226_021211.jpg

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Merry Christmas everyone!

Hey, parents put something under the tree. Looks big.

"Now, that needs to be saved for last, okay?"

Wait, is it super special or something?

That's when it hit me.

That seems to be a Switch sized box.

Or is it?

*Look up measurements of the Switch's box*

It's a bit bigger than the Switch box.

*shakes it when no one is looking.*

Something kind of big and solid is inside.

It's probably not a Switch but whatever.
So to continue on my Christmas story.

My parents said it was a practical Christmas.

They were right.

I got canned food, paper towels, toothpaste, etc.

They basically did months of grocery shopping in advance.

Not very exciting but I appreciate it. Saves me a lot of time and money.

Oh, and I got Uncharted: Lost Legacy.

As for the big box?

Give me your Switch codes you ninnies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

They were right.

As for the big box?

Mine is under my avatar, Swampy.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Indie games are so expensive on Switch even with the sale on. Spent almost £50 today just on Shovel Knight Steamworld Dig and Zelda DLC but it will be more than worth it.

Tho I saw the price of Furi being £18 and despite really wanting it before I can't really justify the price.. on Steam it's 6 but pc controls I would struggle with this game even more.
idk steamworld but shovel knight and the botw dlc are worth it.

switching between similar controls is a pain in the butt. skyrim, botw, dark souls 3 and horizon all have very similar gameplay but different button mapping. I wish more games had fully custimizable controls.
I wanted a new fight stick, went out of the way to send people a link to a cheaper one they could get me.

You know what I got for Christmas?

Clothes

Just Clothes

I mean they look nice but I'm the kind of guy who purposefully wears the same three hoodies on rotation cuz they don't care about fashion. I got this weird turtle neck / hoodie hybrid, it looks super weird but whatevs.

:150:
My mom dropped some not-so-subtle hints i should get rid of my old bleach stained bathroom rug, towels and shirts by getting me a new bathroom set and clothes. i needed them as my kitten tore holes in my shirts when she was younger.

My kitten's now about 21 months old. she's really cute; when i go in the kitchen to brush my teeth she jumps on the counter and chews the scrub brush so it's like we're brushing together, lol.

I'm really tired, only got 3 hours of sleep in the past 25 hours.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

They were right.

As for the big box?

<---Just added my Switch Friend Code underneath my username. Fill free to add me.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Switch friend code: SW-4957-7233-2307

Add me if you like, I guess. Maybe I'll accept, maybe not. Who knows.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I'd like to wish you all a Merry Christmas!

Yesterday, I surprised my sister with a hundred bucks. She broke down in tears because of all the sacrifices she had to do during the holidays without any support or help.

In other words, I got Ultra Moon and I actually completed the Living Dex for Pokemon X. BOOM!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
My pajamas are making my eyes wig out. So much red on blue on white

They were right.

As for the big box?

*points under my icon* there you go

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
idk steamworld but shovel knight and the botw dlc are worth it.

switching between similar controls is a pain in the butt. skyrim, botw, dark souls 3 and horizon all have very similar gameplay but different button mapping. I wish more games had fully custimizable controls.

My mom dropped some not-so-subtle hints i should get rid of my old bleach stained bathroom rug, towels and shirts by getting me a new bathroom set and clothes. i needed them as my kitten tore holes in my shirts when she was younger.

My kitten's now about 21 months old. she's really cute; when i go in the kitchen to brush my teeth she jumps on the counter and chews the scrub brush so it's like we're brushing together, lol.

I'm really tired, only got 3 hours of sleep in the past 25 hours.
Your cat is adorable and looks like a friend.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

They were right.

As for the big box?

Man I can't believe inside the box was an embarrassing photo from a Christmas party. You should have been more careful Swamp!
Seriously, nice though and congrats! What games do you have for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom