• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Happy Decemberween, everyone!

I was pretty sure I wasn't going to, but I got a Switch! :D

No games yet, an I'm not going to turn it on until I get home later this evening.

I also got the #WeRateDogs book.

D

Deleted member

Happy Decemberween, everyone!

I was pretty sure I wasn't going to, but I got a Switch! :D

No games yet, an I'm not going to turn it on until I get home later this evening.

I also got the #WeRateDogs book.
Congratulations on the Switch! Also I personally think all dogs are equal, but that is my opinion. The games I recommend you get is BOTW, Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Golden Girls Seasons 4, 5, 7, Star Fox Zero, Star Fox Guard, 25 Rare Pokemon Cards
Ultra Sun/Moon Guide, Silicone Gloves, Gaming T-Shirt(I went outside once. The graphics weren't that great.), Laptop Table(not wide enough)
amiibo: Daruk, Urbosa, Mipha, Revali, Guardian, BOTW Zelda, Chrom, Tiki, Wedding Bowser, Goomba, Koopa Troopa
Not counting a cute S'more ornament I picked out.

Nonetheless, good haul. Mind you, I picked most of it out myself at some point. Exceptions are the Pokemon cards(took me by surprise), I couldn't find the other Golden Girls seasons, the second line of stuff entirely. And I didn't find the Lucina amiibo yesterday. Best part is opening Mipha in the original box I had it shipped in. XD

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Checked my Christmas gifts, and I'm really happy with the results!

I got:
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Special Edition
  • Best Champion Revali Amiibo
  • Two new shirts
I'm especially looking forward to playing Xenoblade 2, but I don't think I'll have the time to start playing today. I also need to finish up beating the main story of Mario Odyssey first.

Speaking of Switch games, I finally beat the Story Mode of Fire Emblem Warriors last night.

I enjoyed it. The gameplay was really fun for me. I liked how they incorporated Fire Emblem mechanics into Warriors gameplay such as the weapon triangle and the pair-up system. Almost all of the characters are fun and enjoyable to use with some pretty fun movesets, even if a number of them were just clones. My favorite characters in terms of movesets were Lissa, the archers (especially Takumi), Chrom/Lucina, Xander, Ryoma, Oboro, Azura, and Robin. The only characters that I disliked in terms of movesets were Tiki (rarely felt like she was doing much) and the Pegasus Knights (namely because they are hard to control compared to other characters, but I still used them anyway because I needed lance fighters on my team).

My main team for most of the adventure was Rowan (my choice of the two game-exlusive lords you are forced to pick at the beginning of the game and use in all story chapters), Takumi, Lissa, Chrom, Hinoka, and Oboro. Rowan and Takumi were in every story map I used, while Lissa (my main axe-user), Chrom (my main sword-user), Hinoka (my main lance-user prior to Oboro's inclusion), and Oboro (my main lance fighter after the DLC hit) alternated around at different points in the game. The characters I used for support were Ryoma, Xander, Caeda, Robin, and Sakura. Of all my characters, Rowan and Takumi were my highest level units. Rowan was level 40 by the time I beat the story, but that's because he was my main lord of the team. Takumi was Level 36-37 by the time I beat the story, but that's mainly because I used him a lot and had a blast using him in every map. The rest of the characters in my main team were in the level 30 range.

I also found myself playing History Mode a lot and enjoyed it too. I played it mainly to get more Master Seals to promote my units, but the amount of battles and maps the mode provides gives plenty of post-game content that will keep you preoccupied even after beating the story mode.

If there are any grips I have with this game, it's mainly the story. It's very lackluster, though I wouldn't say it it's anywhere as bad as Fates was. Then again, if there is one thing I learned from playing Fate/Extella, it's to never play a Warriors game for its story. There are two positives that I did find out of FE:Warriors' plot though: one was that Queen Yelena survives by the end of the game, which was nice since the game was initially making her out to be the Emeryn/Mikoto archetype who was a kind queen who would sacrifice her life early on. The other is that the supports definitely help characterize many of the characters better. I didn't manage to unlock a lot of supports within the game, so most of the supports I just checked online, but I think a lot of characters are better portrayed in this game or have their characterizations improved upon there. Characters like Marth and Chrom feel much more humanized, their supports with Caeda and Robin respectively especially bring this out. Hinoka also has some solid supports all around in this game, and it felt like she and Camilla made more appearances in Warriors story compared to Fates. Takumi also isn't alone in being suspicious; at one point in the game, Ryoma even supports Takumi's suspicion about Darios around Chapter 15.

The only other Warriors game I played prior to this was Fate/Extella, and I'm only about halfway through the story of that game. Comparing the two, I personally think FE: Warriors is the much better game. Both aren't very good story-telling wise, but the gameplay in FE:Warriors feels more refined and strategic, and the supports help better characterize its cast compared to Fate/Extella which is something it doesn't do a very good job with.

Overall, Fire Emblem Warriors is a good game. Now that I've beat the story, I think I'll take a break for now and deal with beating the other History Mode maps later.

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I got a couple Mario games, an Avengers calendar, GWR Gamer's Edition 2018, some shirts, a sketchbook and coloring utensils, and twenty dollars.

Also I got combination body wash, shampoo, and conditioner at a white elephant exchange at my aunt's house. It'll come in handy for the afro I'm growing.

D

Deleted member

Did anyone get anything from Steam? They are having a large sale I think. Judging from the fans those men can not resist buying games when a Steam sale happens.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Happy Christmas, folks!:225:

Haven't gotten around to opening any pressies yet (not really expecting much when I do, tbh) since we'll be doing that when we get to my parents' place later on in the day...

But, I did get around to giving the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Bundle a better look since, when I first got it I just sort of set it aside for the time being...
First off, the artbook, is probably one of my favourite artbooks that I've ever gotten, I feel so inspired looking at it and all the designs that it's filled with, I actually feel the need to start designing creatures again...(I reeeeeeally need to get back into doing that if I want to be a concept artist)...
Listening to the CD as I write this...very nice so far, def takes from the first game enough for it to relate but still stands out from it's predecessor...

so I guess that counts as a X-mas present to myself...even though I bought it more than 3 weeks ago

now to actually play the game...almost done with Skyrim, so soon...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Did a YOLO summon in FE Heroes and got nothing.
I'm fairly certain Catria is stalking me, I've gotten a bunch of her in recent pulls (two of her back to back today). Why couldn't it be Clair? :\

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Checked my Christmas gifts, and I'm really happy with the results!

I got:
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Special Edition
  • Best Champion Revali Amiibo
  • Two new shirts
I'm especially looking forward to playing Xenoblade 2, but I don't think I'll have the time to start playing today. I also need to finish up beating the main story of Mario Odyssey first.

Speaking of Switch games, I finally beat the Story Mode of Fire Emblem Warriors last night.

I enjoyed it. The gameplay was really fun for me. I liked how they incorporated Fire Emblem mechanics into Warriors gameplay such as the weapon triangle and the pair-up system. Almost all of the characters are fun and enjoyable to use with some pretty fun movesets, even if a number of them were just clones. My favorite characters in terms of movesets were Lissa, the archers (especially Takumi), Chrom/Lucina, Xander, Ryoma, Oboro, Azura, and Robin. The only characters that I disliked in terms of movesets were Tiki (rarely felt like she was doing much) and the Pegasus Knights (namely because they are hard to control compared to other characters, but I still used them anyway because I needed lance fighters on my team).

My main team for most of the adventure was Rowan (my choice of the two game-exlusive lords you are forced to pick at the beginning of the game and use in all story chapters), Takumi, Lissa, Chrom, Hinoka, and Oboro. Rowan and Takumi were in every story map I used, while Lissa (my main axe-user), Chrom (my main sword-user), Hinoka (my main lance-user prior to Oboro's inclusion), and Oboro (my main lance fighter after the DLC hit) alternated around at different points in the game. The characters I used for support were Ryoma, Xander, Caeda, Robin, and Sakura. Of all my characters, Rowan and Takumi were my highest level units. Rowan was level 40 by the time I beat the story, but that's because he was my main lord of the team. Takumi was Level 36-37 by the time I beat the story, but that's mainly because I used him a lot and had a blast using him in every map. The rest of the characters in my main team were in the level 30 range.

I also found myself playing History Mode a lot and enjoyed it too. I played it mainly to get more Master Seals to promote my units, but the amount of battles and maps the mode provides gives plenty of post-game content that will keep you preoccupied even after beating the story mode.

If there are any grips I have with this game, it's mainly the story. It's very lackluster, though I wouldn't say it it's anywhere as bad as Fates was. Then again, if there is one thing I learned from playing Fate/Extella, it's to never play a Warriors game for its story. There are two positives that I did find out of FE:Warriors' plot though: one was that Queen Yelena survives by the end of the game, which was nice since the game was initially making her out to be the Emeryn/Mikoto archetype who was a kind queen who would sacrifice her life early on. The other is that the supports definitely help characterize many of the characters better. I didn't manage to unlock a lot of supports within the game, so most of the supports I just checked online, but I think a lot of characters are better portrayed in this game or have their characterizations improved upon there. Characters like Marth and Chrom feel much more humanized, their supports with Caeda and Robin respectively especially bring this out. Hinoka also has some solid supports all around in this game, and it felt like she and Camilla made more appearances in Warriors story compared to Fates. Takumi also isn't alone in being suspicious; at one point in the game, Ryoma even supports Takumi's suspicion about Darios around Chapter 15.

The only other Warriors game I played prior to this was Fate/Extella, and I'm only about halfway through the story of that game. Comparing the two, I personally think FE: Warriors is the much better game. Both aren't very good story-telling wise, but the gameplay in FE:Warriors feels more refined and strategic, and the supports help better characterize its cast compared to Fate/Extella which is something it doesn't do a very good job with.

Overall, Fire Emblem Warriors is a good game. Now that I've beat the story, I think I'll take a break for now and deal with beating the other History Mode maps later.
You have a Switch? Are we friends on it?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Merry Christmas @mario123007, you can put your wife on your desk now.

No confirmation on whether or not it turns into Mythra Mythra though.

EDIT: Posted the wrong link by accident. Also Smashboards formatting is being dumb today.
Wife? I don't have a wife in XC2, yet. And I will put Pyra on a shelf rather than desk...

*Check the tweet*
*Going Etika hype*
I gotta buy this! Even though I don't buy anime figures, I do buy Nintendo figures. That reminds me to buy those Fire Emblem figures.

I hope they can release all of the rare Blades figures eventually... I am really curious to see how they make Newt figure... and please release Floren figure too...

And I'm pretty sure she won't, but I bet they will release Mythra figure in the future.

I've checked the Xenoblade Japanese website, it will start preorder tomorrow (12/26) around 11:00 AM at my time. It will be released next year.

Here are more details on the new Pyra figure.

td;dr
This Pyra figure is really really detailed.

And I actually check Xenoblade 2 twitter page often until the release because of well... I don't know if the official twitter page will spoil stuff or not... or actually I'm MIA on Twitter to prevent spoilers, so if I did check Twitter I might already share it.
Hell yeah, bruh, Im HARD after seeing this:
Heavily
Amazed with the
Really good quality and
Dedication put on this figure.

[Waiting for Myhtra intensifies]

Chrono.

There's been some talk about a KH3 world list leak today.

The world are, supposedly:
- Toy Story
- Rapunzel
- Frozen
- Radiant Garden
- Twilight Town
- Big Hero 6
- Disney Castle
- Monsters Inc.
- Mysterious Tower
- 100 Acre Wood
- Land of Departure/Daybreak Plaza (guy is unsure of which, could be both)

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/KingdomHea...3_leak_possible_world_list_obviously_not_all/

Could be incomplete, but I doubt it.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
There's been some talk about a KH3 world list leak today.

The world are, supposedly:
- Toy Story
- Rapunzel
- Frozen
- Radiant Garden
- Twilight Town
- Big Hero 6
- Disney Castle
- Monsters Inc.
- Mysterious Tower
- 100 Acre Wood
- Land of Departure/Daybreak Plaza (guy is unsure of which, could be both)

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/KingdomHea...3_leak_possible_world_list_obviously_not_all/

Could be incomplete, but I doubt it.
The third one on the list ruins the game for me.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
'got my switch, 'got Super Mario Odyssey, 'got Xenoblade 2, 'will soon got Sonic Mania thanks to the money I got.

Yeah, I think it was a pretty good christmas for me.:4samus:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Indie games are so expensive on Switch even with the sale on. Spent almost £50 today just on Shovel Knight Steamworld Dig and Zelda DLC but it will be more than worth it.

Tho I saw the price of Furi being £18 and despite really wanting it before I can't really justify the price.. on Steam it's 6 but pc controls I would struggle with this game even more.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I wanted to wish Merry Christmas to you all.

Now if you excuse me, I'll go unwrap my gift. I'm so excited~

-Unwraps it-

-A Switch with Super Mario Odyssey and BOTW-

...Um...Now, seriously, where's my Optimus Prime toy?

There's none? Oh... Dammit...

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

-Unwraps it-

-A Switch with Super Mario Oddyssey and BOTW-

looks like Optimus rolled out

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Been a pretty good day overall. Family's gotten along, things have been cordial, I'm still somehow conscious despite getting hardly any sleep (thanks, pinched nerve). Oh, and the gifts were pretty nice, including (but not limited to) Xenoblade 2!

Now if I could pull Christmas Robin later--or really, any of the seasonal units so I'm not heading into the Tempest with only a 20% bonus--this day would go from good to great.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Been a pretty good day overall. Family's gotten along, things have been cordial, I'm still somehow conscious despite getting hardly any sleep (thanks, pinched nerve). Oh, and the gifts were pretty nice, including (but not limited to) Xenoblade 2!

Now if I could pull Christmas Robin later--or really, any of the seasonal units so I'm not heading into the Tempest with only a 20% bonus--this day would go from good to great.
"Bless the pains of insooooooomniaaaaaaaa"

Merry Christmas Delz, and I hope you'll get a christmas miracle.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Merry X-mas everybody.

I messed around with Geese on Tekken for a bit. He's pretty fun, but I suck with him. Though in better news, I'm getting a bit of a better hang on Mishima inputs, even Electrics at least when spamming them in practice mode.

I'll mess around with Metroid SR a bit later.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

-Unwraps it-

-A Switch with Super Mario Oddyssey and BOTW-

Friend code please.

You probably should. Pettiness isn't something to take pride in. Self-improvement, and all that jazz.
I feel like my snarkiness is going over your head. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom