• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That DBFZ intro is legit.

Also

We're now entering the final fights of the TOP. Goku and Vegeta are going up against Jiren. Vegeta's putting in work too. I think Gohan is taking on Toppo, who I'm hoping Gohan will take down, it'd be cool if he had 17 help him on that, the team fights are some of the best. Still waiting for Frieza to pull the rug off of everyone when the opportunity strikes. At least 18 went out with dignity.

The current fight wasn't bad either. Having a giant enemy that required the whole squad to take down was cool. And better yet, even if it was more or less just two episodes, it was still another enemy that was actually a threat.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Finally got the PC version of "Maui Mallard in Cold Shadow" working on my computer.

OH YEAH! Loved that game back in the day.

And dat soundtrack!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just started playing Portal 2... A little confusing but looks like a solid story and I love how it is one of those "roaming and less scripted" kind of games like Mario 64 and BOTW. Also I like how I can get in everyone's face to the point where it glitches. Any thoughts on Portal 2( no spoilers )?

I got it because it is the number one highest ranked game on steam ( Not popularity; how liked it was with users ).

Finally got the PC version of "Maui Mallard in Cold Shadow" working on my computer.

OH YEAH! Loved that game back in the day.

And dat soundtrack!
Never heard of that game in my life time, and it looks like Donald Duck is involved with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Just started playing Portal 2... A little confusing but looks like a solid story and I love how it is one of those "roaming and less scripted" kind of games like Mario 64 and BOTW. Also I like how I can get in everyone's face to the point where it glitches. Any thoughts on Portal 2( no spoilers )?

I got it because it is the number one highest ranked game on steam ( Not popularity; how liked it was with users ).

Never heard of that game in my life time, and it looks like Donald Duck is involved with it.
Portal is more about puzzles than anything, though 2 definitely does great with its story.
It's one of my favorite games of all time, the story and characters are fun and the gameplay is just silly fun, the concept of portals is executed perfectly in this game that it eventually becomes second nature to you.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Everyone was forgetting the best frame in the new DBS episode preview.
Super Saiyan Smug Goku Super.PNG
Super Smug Blue Goku. Long may he reign.

OH
MY GOD
MIDNIGHT RANT TIME
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO today was basically the last day I set aside for classwork, because my professors let due dates go past the actual classes for some reason. but they also assigned a crazy amount of work for some reason all during finals week. and all of this while im doing a group presentation by myself stressing me out

One class in particular has been stressful all year because I struggled with it and I spent hours on the homework that probably could have taken me just a single hour or less if I understood the concepts, which I didnt until last week. And the tests are extremely hard too, where one wrong answer is a low A, and two is a low B, and these are hard questions which require about 30-50 pages of reading for (small text, barely any pictures, not too terribly long to read all of this, especially with other work and having a job basically whenever im not in class) all to be memorized

right now, one extra credit assignment, and one of those hard assignments have pending grades

but after a goddamn test I just took?
my current grade?

IM A GODDAMN DECIMAL POINT AWAY FROM BEING ROUNDED UP

IM GOING TO GODDAMN SCREAM

THAT HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT AND ETRA CREDIT BETTER ****ING BOOST MY GRADE AFTER I BUSTED MY ASS OR IM GOING TO GO CRAZY

EIGHTY
NINE
POINT
FOUR
REPEATING
/rant

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
OH
MY GOD
MIDNIGHT RANT TIME
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO today was basically the last day I set aside for classwork, because my professors let due dates go past the actual classes for some reason. but they also assigned a crazy amount of work for some reason all during finals week. and all of this while im doing a group presentation by myself stressing me out

One class in particular has been stressful all year because I struggled with it and I spent hours on the homework that probably could have taken me just a single hour or less if I understood the concepts, which I didnt until last week. And the tests are extremely hard too, where one wrong answer is a low A, and two is a low B, and these are hard questions which require about 30-50 pages of reading for (small text, barely any pictures, not too terribly long to read all of this, especially with other work and having a job basically whenever im not in class) all to be memorized

right now, one extra credit assignment, and one of those hard assignments have pending grades

my current grade?

THAT HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT AND ETRA CREDIT BETTER ****ING BOOST MY GRADE AFTER I BUSTED MY *** OR IM GOING TO GO CRAZY

EIGHTY
NINE
POINT
FOUR
REPEATING
/rant
For one time in your life, you need to hope someone else made a typo.

D

Deleted member

OH
MY GOD
MIDNIGHT RANT TIME
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

my current grade?

THAT HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT AND ETRA CREDIT BETTER ****ING BOOST MY GRADE AFTER I BUSTED MY *** OR IM GOING TO GO CRAZY

EIGHTY
NINE
POINT
FOUR
REPEATING
/rant
Feels bad man.

Your grade better increase from an 85.4 repeating into a 90 or higher from that extra credit and homework assignment.

For one time in your life, you need to hope someone else made a typo.
Oh look, a guardian watching you above to benefit and encourage you A Distant Demon A Distant Demon .

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I did Ignatius' paralogue.

Beat it.

Dad, I wanna join.

Okay son.

Ignatius doesn't appear in the party...

I saved thinking I got him.

Screwed out of getting another party member,

Welp.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I did Ignatius' paralogue.

Beat it.

Dad, I wanna join.

Okay son.

Ignatius doesn't appear in the party...

I saved thinking I got him.

Screwed out of getting another party member,

Welp.
Did he survive the battle? I think he still joins if he's alive at the end of the Chapter, even if you don't talk to him with Benny.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
OH
MY GOD
MIDNIGHT RANT TIME
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

my current grade?

EIGHTY
NINE
POINT
FOUR
REPEATING
/rant
Man It feels good to not be in school anymore

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Been done with school for over 15 years now. It was a tough time, but now I got another tough time. Semi low-end job, work is hard. Etc.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Been done with school for over 15 years now. It was a tough time, but now I got another tough time. Semi low-end job, work is hard. Etc.
I sent in an application to a job last month and still havent heard jack back, its like they got it and then put it on their chairs and just sat on it and forgot about it

D

Deleted member

Is there an expansion pack on Doki Doki Literature Club coming out? I feel like I need more. I might be wrong though. I played the game like months ago and I enjoyed it. Who is your favorite character out of the four?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Did he survive the battle? I think he still joins if he's alive at the end of the Chapter, even if you don't talk to him with Benny.
Yeah he died, but I'm on casual and other units have survived even when they died in their paralogues.

Oh well.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
OH
MY GOD
MIDNIGHT RANT TIME
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

my current grade?

EIGHTY
NINE
POINT
FOUR
REPEATING
/rant
One time I was failing a physics class on the last day by the skin of my teeth, then I turned in a missing assignment and it tipped me over into passing the class.

I'm not sure what the lesson is here to be honest. Especially if the lesson is in in physics.

Rizen

Smash Legend
So, the Monster Hunter World Beta is going on right now on PS4, and even people who don't have PSPlus can try it and play online, and OH BOY THIS GAME IS GOOD!

I haven't played a MH game since Ultimate Tri for the WiiU, and I feel like they've changed all the weapons some way or another (They've made Bowguns actually fun, which I find impressive).

I'm a dual blade guy, and the three missions were really fun. The best was the one against the Barroth, because I ended up fighting three monsters at the same time, which was awesome! (Though the Diablos did body me)

The only thing I dislike are the fireflies. It's just an easy mode, and it doesn't feel good at all to be following those things, giving you "hints" about where to look. I wish you could turn them off, but I think it won't be possible.

So overall pretty satisfied with the game! Guess I'll buy it when it goes down on price. At this rate, maybe (just maybe) Capcom might turn into CapGod this 2018, but I won't get my hopes up just yet (it's still Capcom nonetheless).
MHW looks really cool. I've been waiting for a console MH for a long time. Back in the MH3U days I got really good and was able to solo g rank Alatreon and the cruel king of the sea event Ivory Lagiracrus.

P2 is hilarious. I love the characters and dark humor.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
If there was one subject I had this year that I was really worried about what my final marks were - it was Advanced Japanese II this semester. Throughout the semester I had some relatively decent grades with the online quizzes, homework submissions and assignments. I also had to deal with a group project too - and boy was that stressful, one of my group members wasn't sure what we were gonna do for it, the other was busy with his other assignments. We just barely scraped by in submitting the presentation's script by the due date, but by then it had been given a bit of a total overhaul when we decided to write it as three separate parts that we would form into our script and present to the class. Needless to say, it was a pretty stressful time. Luckily we passed, but not enough to get a 'credit' score for the assignment.

But what worried me the most was the Final Exam, I thought I did it well enough, until I got my score back - 56.50, probably because I got too overconfident in the last parts of the exam or wasn't reading the questions properly. There was one positive thought I had, even though I was incredibly disappointed in myself. "Well, if I've passed every assignment or exam that was expected of me, there's no way I should fail." Sure enough, when my final scores for the semester came in, I ended up getting a Credit for Japanese. I'm pretty happy with it, but I'm sure things will get stressful again next year when I start up - this time taking Japanese as a 300 Level unit.

Sorry if I don't post much nowadays, but I'll be sure to drop by tomorrow to wish you all a Merry Chromsmas!

Rizen

Smash Legend
I got tired of Horizon Zero Dawn and started the BotW DLC. I'm POed because the new horse gear can't be put on Epona. Screw the other horses; Epona and I have had a special bond since OoT.

D

Deleted member

>Erased got a live action series
>Mob Psycho getting a live action movie
>Inuyashiki getting a live action movie
Is turning every anime into 3D the new hot trend in Japan or what?
Merry Christmas from down under, hope you all have a good one :)
Today is Christmas Eve
ef482020-7ef4-4fe2-812b-9e2427c1f09b.png

Yes, I know Australia is located in the future but let me have an excuse to use this pic

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
>Erased got a live action series
>Mob Psycho getting a live action movie
>Inuyashiki getting a live action movie
Is turning every anime into 3D the new hot trend in Japan or what?
c
HEHEHEHEHE
3D FOR LIFE
Also the guy playing Mob in the adaptation literally just finished his run as the protagonist of Ultraman Geed, THE TOKU IS INVADING YOUR ANIME

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Saitodude posted a new artwork of La Pyra to celebrate XC2's update.
Legit looks better than the official one.

W H E R E ' S M Y T H R A ?
I feel bad on missing this tweet yesterday... but I was running errands and playing Xenoblade 2, so I guess that's explains it... It's no news that Saitou also draws an adequate of NSFW artworks, but overall I like his artstyle.

And please Monolithsoft and Saitou... I want Angela from Expel from Paradise to be in Xenoblade 2 as a Blade...
I give version 1.1.1 update 8/10. The map update is meh, and be able to use Pro controller while Joy cons still attached on the console is great but you will still required to reconnect the controller (Press L=R button) first when entering the game
Excellent. Very good. Outstanding.

And yes, where's Mythra? Good question.
Not surprise that there were some also tweeted the same thing too lol... don't know if Saitou understands English thou.
Oh man, I need Octopath Traveler so bad.
If they made a new Bravely game with the same style, and with Unreal Engine 4... then gosh I would want it soo bad as well....
The entire Digimon Story series was Nintendo exclusive up until Cyber Sleuth for PS4.
Perhaps I really should do some research before I straight up said Nintendo Switch having a new Digimon game is impossible...

That said, after doing some searching... Digimon wasn't really a video game focused franchise back in the day, so there weren't a solid Digimon game until Digimon World which was Digimon game that had the most consistent games. Digimon's debut on home console was interestingly... Sega Saturn... as for handheld it was Wonder Swan, which was a handheld from Bandai... but as most people may already know, it was developed by Gunpei Yokoi who also developed the Gameboy (FYI, according to DYKG, Virtual Boy's failure wasn't the direct reason why Gunpei Yokoi left Nintendo, he had already made a decision before the Virtual Boy was even released, it was just a mere bad coincidence...), so yeah this was pretty interesting when you think this more deeply, Digimon, Digimon Tamers to be exact was indeed once sort of a "competitor" to GB's Pokemon... until GBA and Ruby and Sapphire's release that made Wonderswan's sale go down..

Digimon has had many games on Nintendo systems, with most of them being on their portable systems such as the early Story games (DS, Dawn/Dusk, Lost Evolution, Super Xros Wars), Championship, Re:Digitize Decode, and a couple others. It does have a lot on other systems as well, but it has shared systems with Pokémon before and can in the future if Namco/Bandai feel it'd be profitable for them.
Digimon made its Nintendo console debut on Nintendo GC with the release of Digimon World 4, and it was even a multiplat, and then it was Nintendo DS where Digimon had consistent games on a Nintendo platform indeed. And the most recent Digmon game on the Nintendo console it was an enhanced version of the PSP game Digimon Re:Digitize code. And oddly that PS Vita had two Digimon games... and Digimon has been a PS consoles only ever since even though it hasn't been too long.

This mean with Nintendo Switch being a home/handheld hybrid, I wouldn't be surprised if the release a Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth + Hackers Memory port, I aware that those two games are connected and if I remember correctly you can even transfer your Digimon from Cyber Sleuth to Hackers Memory... also with how we see the huge graphical differences between Digimon World's PS Vita and PS4 versions, I think it would be more better if BandaiNamco release their new Digimon title on Nintendo Switch. Not port begging, but I just think there's really no point for them release Digimon games on PS Vita...

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I got XC2 as a gift yesterday.

I'm really excited to play it now that I have it!

I think I'll play a bit of it over my winter break, even though it's going to be a while until I play through more of it after winter break (read: a long time after winter break).

OH
MY GOD
MIDNIGHT RANT TIME
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

my current grade?

EIGHTY
NINE
POINT
FOUR
REPEATING
/rant
That decimal reminds me of a certain user who doesn't seem to post anymore.

In all seriousness though, that kind of sucks. Hope your grade improves!

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I got XC2 as a gift yesterday.

I'm really excited to play it now that I have it!

I think I'll play a bit of it over my winter break, even though it's going to be a while until I play through more of it after winter break (read: a long time after winter break).
Splendid, hope you enjoy it, so far I have my total game time on this game is over 111 hours.... and still don't even bother to proceed over chapter 5... maybe I will until I get nearly all the rare Blades.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
For those of you that are interested, an English patch of Super Famicom Wars just dropped today.

http://www.romhacking.net/translations/3354/

I gotta admit, as a veteran Advance Wars player it's really weird playing this game given all the additional units it has and that it's gameplay is slightly different. In Advance Wars typically the person who fires first gets the advantage but in Super Famicom Wars both units fire at the same time meaning you can get beat out sometimes even if you strike first.

This game has over the top silliness that even dwrafs the first Advance Wars. Which is saying a lot because of how goofy that game was lol. I like the over the top nature of the series personally.

Nonetheless SFM is a very fun game and I recommend you all check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom