• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

Yeah, not a fan of a lot of them myself. My least favorite might actually be Vess, her quest was just... dull, and her face is off putting in that uncanny valley sort of way.

Electra, Finch, and Theory, all tanks, are at the bottom for me as well, all of them lolis/kids. Floren is about the same.
Oh and how could I forget Boreas? God what the hell is he... and his voicelines seal the deal. Terrible.

My favorites would have to be Brighid, Aegaeon, Pandoria, and Wulfric. The fourth is a spoiler for a chapter late in the game but I'll just say her healing has made her inseparable from my team.

Poppi QT Pi also became a favorite right at the end. I went the entire game without Tora on my team and didn't touch the mini-game Tiger! Tiger! but I felt compelled too after I gave in and did the sidequest to unlock her. Which was then followed by an absolutely ludicrous amount of time farming Tiger! Tiger! for Poppi parts and ether crystals for all three forms. In the beginning I hated it and struggled to do even the first level, but by the end I was rushing through level 5 over and over again. It was oddly addicting so I can't knock it too bad but I really do wish there were more ways to unlock stuff for them considering just how much you need to deck Tora's only options out to be like everyone else. Normal blades have everything inherent and the aux cores are acquired naturally from playing the game, whereas for Poppi I have to go out of my way to do something that is only going to benefit one character. Really poor design in my opinion.

Herald is another that looks great, but I don't have her because her affinity quest ends up resulting in her leaving the party and being locked behind a merc mission with some pretty steep requirements. It demands three 35+ strength blades, but one of them has to be a gun or a bitball, and the only one in those categories that I started to really use was ironically Herald herself, so she's been gone ever since... If pouch items raise affinity, I might have to farm gold and then stuff Floren's face in or something until he hits 35. Mixed on how party members can just disappear without warning.

I would love KOS-MOS, but here at level 85 I haven't got her. She is among the last four blades that come from cores that I don't have. Dahlia is another, which despite her infamy, I've actually wanted because I didn't care to use any of the other bitballs. Azami, Kora, and Zenobia also are missing. I reckon at this point I may not ever get any of these as my time with the post-game diminishes.

Speaking of which, I beat the story. Ending was okay, but the scene after the credits makes no sense and was totally a cheap move. Would've been better without that in my opinion, but whatever. Overall a great game, I've spent over a 100 hours with it so any complaints I can raise will ring hollow. Yeah, you read that right. Three digits of playtime... :redface:
Found it funny how I got all those you're missing except for KOS-MOS and Zenobia. There's some heresay going on about KOS-MOS being rarer than other Blades, but no one can verify if it's placebo or not because lolRNG.

Also
My favorites would have to be Brighid, Aegaeon, Pandoria, and Wulfric. The fourth is a spoiler
Did you mean fifth? Because Wulfric is the one you get from the giant Arachno early in Chapter 3.

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Found it funny how I got all those you're missing except for KOS-MOS and Zenobia. There's some heresay going on about KOS-MOS being rarer than other Blades, but no one can verify if it's placebo or not because lolRNG.
I wouldn't be surprised, everything that I've read about her claims that she is amazing.

Also

Did you mean fifth? Because Wulfric is the one you get from the giant Arachno early in Chapter 3.
My bad, I went back and added Pandoria, forgot about her somehow. Caused the next sentence to not make sense. I compulsively edit my posts before and after I send them, its a bad habit. Yeah you probably know who I intended to refer to. I've probably used her the most out of everyone.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
So the stats for the new Christmas units are out.

So to point things out:

-Winter Tharja is basically Armored Sophia. Low Speed, but lots of stats in others. Basically outclasses Sophia in all stats EXCEPT Speed, which Sophia has one more of. :smirk: But Tharja compensates this by having Vengeful Fighter and Close Combat.
-Winter Robin, compared to Effie, has lower Attack & HP(by 5 points each) than her, but has much higher Speed(by 12 points) and slightly higher Defense & Resistance(by two points each).
-Winter Lissa & Chrom, when compared with Hector, Sheena & Amelia:

Amelia: HP=47 / ATK=34 / SPD=34 / DEF=35 / RES=23
Hector: HP=52 / ATK=36 / SPD=25 / DEF=36 / RES=19
Sheena: HP=45 / ATK=30 / SPD=25 / DEF=36 / RES=33
W.Chrom: HP=51 / ATK=40 / SPD=19 / DEF=35 / RES=29
W.Lissa: HP=43 / ATK=33 / SPD=30 / DEF=35 / RES=34

-Basically, W.Lissa outclasses Sheena as a new Mixed Tank, having higher ATK, SPD and RES, while having 2 HP & 1 DEF lower than her. She also deals as much damage as Amelia while having slightly lower speed, but makes up for it with Bold Fighter.
-W.Chrom has higher ATK and RES compared to Hector, while having lower SPD than him and slightly lower HP & DEF. But give him Bold Fighter or Vengeful Fighter & Distant Counter and he's just as dangerous, probably even more than Hector due to both Higher ATK And RES and being able to survive Mages better.
-I'd like to point out that Chrom, Lissa and Robin have a BST of 174, 175 and 174 respectively. They have higher BST than Amelia.

Edit: Also seems like there is a Awakening-themed Tempest Trials coming up, with M!Robin as the boss.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So the stats for the new heroes have leaked: Lissa and Chrom are really good Opossum Opossum
769F4551-8103-48B1-BF46-151579D0A86C.jpeg
In case this doesn’t inlarge, here’s the link: https://m.imgur.com/x5rPkBG?r Chrom ties with Effie for highest attack stat and is going to be scary to fight. Lissa is basically amelia. robin is well rounded and Tharja is pretty good
EDiT: Ninja’d damn haha

Last edited:

Chrono.

I wouldn't be surprised, everything that I've read about her claims that she is amazing.

My bad, I went back and added Pandoria, forgot about her somehow. Caused the next sentence to not make sense. I compulsively edit my posts before and after I send them, its a bad habit. Yeah you probably know who I intended to refer to. I've probably used her the most out of everyone.
I actually don't. :p

I'm still in Chapter 5, just got through a weird sequence of bosses that only the first one gave me any trouble in.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So I printed out concept art of Robin to use as an art reference.

Thinking on it, their underclothes basically look like them in their pyjamas. Like how you'd see them after knocking on their door at six in the morning, and then they tell you to wait five minutes for them to change their clothes.

And then they come back out in their coat and it's like:

:4robinf:"Alright, how do I look?"

"You look like you're either trying to push something illegal near Diagon Alley or you spend your nights after your job as a ringmaster trying to summon Cthulhu.

Yer an addict, 'arry."

D

Deleted member

Sonic Mania support may not have ended after all
Interesting.

Perhaps Metal Sonic and Amy will be added?

For those who can't see what I'm referring to, next to Tails' and Knuckles' signpost sprites are the letters T and K.
The two rows for the Sonic signposts (which are implied to be extras) have the letters M and A next to them.

Rizen

Smash Legend
A bit late but.. Honestly yes imo.. You're forced to run a scarf, use a slower Tapu to get rid of Psychic terrain, or a Pokémon specially designed to counter it.. Dark types get countered by the Fairy typing and poison gets counted by Psychic.. Steel is a safe option but having to rely on it being a scarf set and not a Psychic Z crystal set without having knowledge about what it's running.. Priority getting cut by the terrain doesn't help much. Aegislash, Megagross and Naganadel were sentenced to ubers which all three of them could have taken it out.. At least with Koko you have Ground types that are immune to electric and Koko is forced into using Dazzling Gleam for laughable damage with that base 95 Sp attack. Bulu is bad with typing and speed while Fini doesn't really have a good attacking stat.. The counter ratio for Lele needs to take into account Scarf, LO, specs, and Z crystal sets which makes it difficult to counter effectively..
I don't actually own the game, I just watch it sometimes. It looks like there are maybe a dozen and a half frequently used pokemon in competitive 2 vs 2s. Nihilego with sludge bomb for x2 damage naturally out-speeds Lele. You could also use Mimiku to set up trick room or Z crystal. Is Metagross banned? I saw it in 2018 Swiss rounds.
None of the games I've seen show Lele as better than the others.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So the stats for the new Christmas units are out.

So to point things out:

-Winter Tharja is basically Armored Sophia. Low Speed, but lots of stats in others. Basically outclasses Sophia in all stats EXCEPT Speed, which Sophia has one more of. :smirk: But Tharja compensates this by having Vengeful Fighter and Close Combat.
-Winter Robin, compared to Effie, has lower Attack & HP(by 5 points each) than her, but has much higher Speed(by 12 points) and slightly higher Defense & Resistance(by two points each).
-Winter Lissa & Chrom, when compared with Hector, Sheena & Amelia:

Amelia: HP=47 / ATK=34 / SPD=34 / DEF=35 / RES=23
Hector: HP=52 / ATK=36 / SPD=25 / DEF=36 / RES=19
Sheena: HP=45 / ATK=30 / SPD=25 / DEF=36 / RES=33
W.Chrom: HP=51 / ATK=40 / SPD=19 / DEF=35 / RES=29
W.Lissa: HP=43 / ATK=33 / SPD=30 / DEF=35 / RES=34

-Basically, W.Lissa outclasses Sheena as a new Mixed Tank, having higher ATK, SPD and RES, while having 2 HP & 1 DEF lower than her. She also deals as much damage as Amelia while having slightly lower speed, but makes up for it with Bold Fighter.
-W.Chrom has higher ATK and RES compared to Hector, while having lower SPD than him and slightly lower HP & DEF. But give him Bold Fighter or Vengeful Fighter & Distant Counter and he's just as dangerous, probably even more than Hector due to both Higher ATK And RES and being able to survive Mages better.
-I'd like to point out that Chrom, Lissa and Robin have a BST of 174, 175 and 174 respectively. They have higher BST than Amelia.

Edit: Also seems like there is a Awakening-themed Tempest Trials coming up, with M!Robin as the boss.
Is it me or did Chrom hit the gym? Is he trying to impress Marth so he could get in Smash? Oh wait, he would be a clone of Ike according to Viridi.

This comment had no good purpose in this thread...

Last edited by a moderator:

Ivander

Smash Legend
So all of you still wondering about the big question of the Brazen skills? Well, as expected, the Bold/Vengeful Fighter skills are Armor-only. The Brazen skills?
By what I've been hearing, they are inheritable by all units, including healers.
Also, there's going to be a Raven/Lucius Bound Hero Battle coming up, as well as quests using Sharena, a Navarre re-run, a Three Heroes quest with Bartre, Laslow and Florina and some new special Daily maps.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So all of you still wondering about the big question of the Brazen skills? Well, as expected, the Bold/Vengeful Fighter skills are Armor-only. The Brazen skills?
By what I've been hearing, they are inheritable by all units, including healers.
Also, there's going to be a Raven/Lucius Bound Hero Battle coming up, as well as quests using Sharena, a Navarre re-run, a Three Heroes quest with Bartre, Laslow and Florina and some new special Daily maps.
We also know a full tempest trial is coming and male robin is on the picture so he’s probably the boss. I wonder if he will be like Julia though and not be in the bonus allies. We also don’t know who the free unit is for it.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
If you've been a naughty boy, Santa Chrom will enter to your bedroom during X-Mas night to smack you with his sack.

D

Deleted member

so Last Jedi is better than Force Awakens by a huge margin
Yep, the only big thing holding it back is Canto Bight IMO....

I don't understand the controversy over the movie, I thought it was a pretty safe Star Wars movie.

(Well actually, I do know why, Star Wars is taken way more seriously than it should, especially for a sciene-fantasy series.)

Chrono.

I don't understand the controversy over the movie, I thought it was a pretty safe Star Wars movie.

(Well actually, I do know why, Star Wars is taken way more seriously than it should, especially for a sciene-fantasy series.)
I heard the opposite.

Apparently the movie goes the unsafe route and almost everything you'd expect after TFA gets turned on it's head and a lot of folks didn't like that while a lot of other folks thought it was genius.

This particular YT channel I follow said that TFA now is basically nothing more than a weird Episode IV ripoff since almost everything they set up in that movie gets either "no payoff" or a "****ty" one.

I gotta watch the movie myself but the reactions have been fun to see

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584

Calling this movie "pretty safe" is admittedly a take I haven't heard before

I loved it for how it pulled the rug out from under my expectations from Force Awakens, a genuinely safe Star Wars film

D

Deleted member

I heard the opposite.

Apparently the movie goes the unsafe route and almost everything you'd expect after TFA gets turned on it's head and a lot of folks didn't like that while a lot of other folks thought it was genius.

This particular YT channel I follow said that TFA now is basically nothing more than a weird Episode IV ripoff since almost everything they set up in that movie gets either "no payoff" or a "****ty" one.

I gotta watch the movie myself but the reactions have been fun to see
There's a huge difference between it actually being unsafe and people saying it's unsafe. Especially with the weird expectations many Star Wars fans have TBH.

The answers we got in TLJ where basically foreshowed within TFA itself.(With that being said though, TFA as a movie shouldn't have to exist for the sake of building up TLJ anyway, a New Hope by itself is still a fantastic movie. TFA though, I think it's okay, nothing too great.) Heck, go back to the first trailer of the TFA.
"Who are you?"
"I'm no one"

Rey's parents being no one special is the only route that made sense. But then why the build up you may ask if it just ended up being nobody? Well, I think simply just think it was kept secret as it was something Rey as a character didn't know either. Simple as that. Why is she powerful? That's simple too, the Force just needed someone to balance it out. I mean, we're talking about the same Force that virgin birthed Anakin into existence. I don't really find it that hard to believe.

Snoke dying wasn't too unsafe either. What the hell was he suppose to do? Sit there and tell Rey his life story? Of course he was going to die. I'm sure he has quite the backstory, but we got all we needed from him, he's basically just Emperor Palpatine 2.0. Kylo Ren taking him out is like if Anakin usurped Palpatine and took the galaxy for himself.(Which he probably would have if he didn't get handicapped.)

Force Projection Luke wasn't pulled out of nowhere like some people are claiming, it's pretty much a more mastered variation of the projections between Ben and Rey. It gives you clues about it throughout the movie. Then he dies, some people have said that he dies due to this. But it didn't seem like that to me. Sure, he was exhausted right after using it. But then he seems fine and willingly becomes one with the force.

The only thing that surprised was Leia flying through space with the force.

And I'm not defending this movie completely, again, Canto Bight and some other stuff(minor, annoying/weird stuff like that amphibious nuns and the boob elephant seal. I liked the Porgs though.) I did not like.

Though with that being said though, I STILL need A LOT of time to think about the movie in terms of how it holds up to, say, Empire Strikes Back.
Calling this movie "pretty safe" is admittedly a take I haven't heard before

I loved it for how it pulled the rug out from under my expectations from Force Awakens, a genuinely safe Star Wars film
It's pretty safe. At least the big "twists" that people are talking about are.)Like I said, I do not like Canto Bight.)

Especially compared to the EU's post RotJ stuff.

And it didn't stray too far from how the characters were at the end of TFA. It's especially not the Empire Strikes Back in terms of changing the direction of where the characters are going. I still feel like all of them are going down similar paths that they were before.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I didn't put too much attention to Clash of Champions, but I finally noticed Jinder Mahal is Monaka.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Christmas came bearing a gift. I didn't get any of the new Focus units in FE Heroes but I got another 4-Star Clair, finally, and sent home a few units to promote and merge her. Now my Clair is +5 merge.

Halfway there...

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
https://i.imgur.com/XYsmLxm.mp4

In case the link doesn't work, it shows off Adult Gohan's level 3 in DBFZ. There's a variation that has him go Super Saiyan and team up with Goten and Goku. Which could hint to Broly, considering his second movie.

D

Deleted member

Reminder that Mark Hamill absolutely ****ing murdered the Zodiac Killer

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Personally aside from the Kylo Ren/Snoke and ending scenes, most of the movie felt like filler to me. I didn't get much out it beyond the jokes and nostalgia callbacks. Aside from the two aforementioned scenes, which are easy to sum up as they don't change the situation that much from where TFA left off, there was nothing character-wise that really happened IMO. 3-5 different plots/sub-plots playing out also made the film feel a tad jumbled at times.

TLJ is by no means a bad movie (people saying it's worse than 1/2 are idiots). TFA left me wanting more. TLJ left me wondering if that was it? I'm not sure how I'll feel after re-watching someday, but for now IMO it's best you avoid spoilers at all costs to get the most out of it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
https://i.imgur.com/XYsmLxm.mp4

In case the link doesn't work, it shows off Adult Gohan's level 3 in DBFZ. There's a variation that has him go Super Saiyan and team up with Goten and Goku. Which could hint to Broly, considering his second movie.
I mean, Broly's concept is goddamn cool, it took Kale to get it right but he's hella popular

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I mean, Broly's concept is goddamn cool, it took Kale to get it right but he's hella popular
I mean, Kale's probably the best of the U6 Saiyans, but I wouldn't call her "getting Broly right". Both just obsess over one character as their main character trait. But most Saiyans after Future Trunks first showed up were fairly meh all around.

Besides, Broly's the original, despite his flaws as a character he'll always be more fondly remembered as an originator for the whole LSS thing.

Since this was about Fighter Z, I think Kefla would be the better choice as is. Broly can be left to do his thing, while Kefla uses the normals of her two halves and the 4 or so specials she'd get from her fight with Goku. Granted, two of the ones I can think of would be supers. Still even saying that, it'd be hard for Kefla to be really unique when most other fighters fill a niche or at least have signature moves to call their own.

Trunks with the Sword, Piccolo's stretch arms+slow projectiles, Adult Gohan's Boost mechanic, 18 having 17 as a back-up, 16 as a grappler, Frieza's Keep-a-way, Kid Gohan's stubbier limbs with huge damage, Krillin's tricky projectiles. And obvious stuff like Hit's Time Stop. Each character might seem samey, but they do have their roles.

That's kind of why I'd like to see Videl as a DLC fighter, since she'd almost be 100% rushdown, I wonder if she'll have anything in place of Ki blasts.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Dissidia NT is getting an Open Beta from the 23rd of December to the 1st of January. In Japan, at least (good thing I already have a Japanese PSN).

Seems like it will feature more characters and modes than the Closed Beta.

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/dffnt/sp/obt/

EDIT: There will be a Western Open Beta too but it's happening mid-January. Plenty of Dissidia time before the game comes out then.

Last edited:

Chrono.

So there's a ****load of new FighterZ gameplay. Was apparently all filmed at that closed Bamco event.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so i saw last jedi yesterday and came out thinkint it was a good mvie, and that still hasnt changed i just noticed that you could have cut out an entire subplot and character and lost nothing of value
im ofcourse refring to the whole deal with purple haired lady whos name is only mentioned like once, and exists to cause a majority of the republic die because she refuses to ****ing talk to her crew and tell them whats up

D

Deleted member

so i saw last jedi yesterday and came out thinkint it was a good mvie, and that still hasnt changed i just noticed that you could have cut out an entire subplot and character and lost nothing of value
im ofcourse refring to the whole deal with purple haired lady whos name is only mentioned like once, and exists to cause a majority of the republic die because she refuses to ****ing talk to her crew and tell them whats up
While Holdo could have prevented the whole deal by simply stating her plan instead of acting suspiciously around Poe, she does serve a purpose for Poe's character development and she's also responsible for one of the coolest moments in the movie and just Star Wars in general

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So there's a ****load of new FighterZ gameplay. Was apparently all filmed at that closed Bamco event.

Holy Zeno, Hit seem like he crazy damage pretty fast. He really seem like a mix of Azrael and Hakumen gameplay.

Boy, I hope this game come out on the Switch.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
So not only did I manage to get Winter Lissa as I wanted, but I also got Winter Robin. :shades: Lyn's going to be feeling the power anytime. Although the fact it can go on Staff users is tempting me on who to give it to, regular Lyn or Bridal Lyn.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Personally aside from the Kylo Ren/Snoke and ending scenes, most of the movie felt like filler to me. I didn't get much out it beyond the jokes and nostalgia callbacks. Aside from the two aforementioned scenes, which are easy to sum up as they don't change the situation that much from where TFA left off, there was nothing character-wise that really happened IMO. 3-5 different plots/sub-plots playing out also made the film feel a tad jumbled at times.

TLJ is by no means a bad movie (people saying it's worse than 1/2 are idiots). TFA left me wanting more. TLJ left me wondering if that was it? I'm not sure how I'll feel after re-watching someday, but for now IMO it's best you avoid spoilers at all costs to get the most out of it.
Nah, I disagree, I don't think MOST scenes were filler. The Canto Bight subplot is pretty much where any filler comes from.

And the spoilers aren't that big of a deal. But you should still avoid them because if anything they just sound like unsafe twists out of context.

Chrono.

The Kale=Broly arguments should've died the minute we saw Kale's Amazonian-esque Super Saiyan form. She's more of her own character now.

However, I don't think she (and Caulifla even more so) bring much to the table alone, Kefla would likely be chosen over them, I feel. But who knows. I just want merged Zamasu.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Since the Warriors maps are back, I decided to get to work on my Def tank Hinoka build I've been wanting to make.

Normal stats
Flier Emblem stats (since I run Minerva with Ward Fliers in my Flier Emblem team, Hinoka actually hits 51 effective Def)

I slapped Renewal 3 in her B-slot because I had a spare Fae and that slot is pretty flexible for this build. Might experiment with other options in the future.

Pretty happy with this. I'd love to get her to +10 too but I've been having enough trouble with getting extra Clairs even when she's available as 4-Star. Maybe when I decide to start saving Orbs after I get everything I want right now, and Hinoka gets a Focus banner again, but for now I won't worry about it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom