• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just remembered that Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 came out and...yep, the soundtrack is as mind-blowingly amazing as the first game's.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
To try and keep myself from disappearing again like I normally do here:seuss:, Is the site safe that's all I can really ask for :estatic:
By the way thank you for the recommendation too my friend :pimp::4lucas:
I personaly find it really safe. i havent had any problems so far, Ive downloaded a couple of Vocaloid songs using that site And its no probleem:039:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I personaly find it really safe. i havent had any problems so far, Ive downloaded a couple of Vocaloid songs using that site And its no probleem:039:
Oh great :D I couldn't deal with Viruses because the old site I used went down because of them so its great that I've got an alternative now :4ness:
By the way has anyone else thought this year has been great for Gaming at all?
:4mario: Odyssey is absolutely spectacular
:4link: BOTW is outstanding as we know by it getting GOTY
:4sonic:Mania is such a blast even if Forces kinda burned out it's Flame
:4megaman:GAHHH He's Come home :'D
:4samus: AHHHH she's Back too with 2 new games :')
:4pikachu: USUM I hear has been really great
:4shulk:Xenoblade 2 sounds and looks wonderful and a blast like X was
:4ryu: The new Street Fighter looks like a definite pick up for me now and that collection too :D
:4bayonetta2::4bayonetta:Can't wait for the New Bayonetta 3 look
Crash came back and Bubsy and a whole lot more, This year has just been amazing and those are only things I can think of the top of my head at this time of morning so there's probably a lot more too :p :4lucas:

D

Deleted member

Still have not completed all of Smash 4 yet; the "Doctor Mario Eight Fevers in a Row" challenge is really hard for me. If I do I will get a big load of cash in Smash 4. I am confident in "The Final Battle" one on hard difficulty in event mode. I hope they tell us when Smash for Switch will come into stores.
Oh great :D I couldn't deal with Viruses because the old site I used went down because of them so its great that I've got an alternative now :4ness:
:4mario: Odyssey is absolutely spectacular
:4link: BOTW is outstanding as we know by it getting GOTY
:4sonic:Mania is such a blast even if Forces kinda burned out it's Flame
:4megaman:GAHHH He's Come home :'D
:4samus: AHHHH she's Back too with 2 new games :')
:4pikachu: USUM I hear has been really great
:4shulk:Xenoblade 2 sounds and looks wonderful and a blast like X was
:4ryu: The new Street Fighter looks like a definite pick up for me now and that collection too :D
:4bayonetta2::4bayonetta:Can't wait for the New Bayonetta 3 look
Crash came back and Bubsy and a whole lot more, This year has just been amazing and those are only things I can think of the top of my head at this time of morning so there's probably a lot more too :p :4lucas:
It has been a great year for gaming! The biggest thing that will blow me away is if they announce when Smash for Switch or the PS5 will come into the market. A PC will always be the superior gaming platform when it comes to graphics. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Wait who said this?
It was in this live stream for Dragon Ball FighterZ, which starts about six minutes into the video.

It's worth the watch for gameplay of the new characters, at the very least.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Oh hey, it looks like today is the 30th anniversary of Final Fantasy.
Despite only recently getting into the series, I still feel a bit of an attachment to this franchise.
Maybe it's because I've been wanting to get into the series for quite a while now.
Maybe it's because I know how influential this series has been.
Either way, I've quite enjoyed the 2 games that I've beaten (XV and X, in that order) and I'm currently enjoying VII, and I hope to play more of this franchise.

As for what is yet to come for the series, I am looking forward to the release of Dissidia NT (as well as the Beta in January, hopefully some of the characters that weren't playable in the previous beta will be playable), and playing through VII makes me look forward to whenever the remake comes out.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Oh hey, it looks like today is the 30th anniversary of Final Fantasy.
Despite only recently getting into the series, I still feel a bit of an attachment to this franchise.
Maybe it's because I've been wanting to get into the series for quite a while now.
Maybe it's because I know how influential this series has been.
Either way, I've quite enjoyed the 2 games that I've beaten (XV and X, in that order) and I'm currently enjoying VII, and I hope to play more of this franchise.

As for what is yet to come for the series, I am looking forward to the release of Dissidia NT (as well as the Beta in January, hopefully some of the characters that weren't playable in the previous beta will be playable), and playing through VII makes me look forward to whenever the remake comes out.
*stares absentmindedly at screen*

. . .

I think your sig might have a typo in it.

Anyway, happy Final Fantasy day. I still have to figure out what all I'm doing for Kid Icarus's 31st tomorrow. I'll probably mostly wing it.

Chrono.

It was in this live stream for Dragon Ball FighterZ, which starts about six minutes into the video.

It's worth the watch for gameplay of the new characters, at the very least.
For what it's worth, Rhymestyle said the dude was just trolling to get a rise out of the chat lol

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
*stares absentmindedly at screen*

. . .

I think your sig might have a typo in it.

Anyway, happy Final Fantasy day. I still have to figure out what all I'm doing for Kid Icarus's 31st tomorrow. I'll probably mostly wing it.
. . .
. . .
Well huh.
I never noticed that until today.
I do not even know how long I've had "Chronicles" spelled with two "h"s.
At least I've fixed it now. :lol:

Rizen

Smash Legend
When I feel like I want to make things but I'm also going through a creatively bankrupt spell and it's slowly driving me insane.

View attachment 134506
This happens when I'm depressed. I have a comic i'm working on but coloring it in takes for-friggin-ever.
I don't have Mario Odyssey but plan to get it later when the switch drops in price. InB4 the prequel Super Mario Iliad is made lol.

I'll type more about cool games when my cat stops bugging me.

D

Deleted member

Thoughts on what the PS5 could be? Some say it will have 240fps, but I do not believe that... Also thoughts on upcoming games on the Nintendo Switch platform?

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Breath of the Wild DLC thoughts:

One Hit Obliterator challenge was neat. Actually way less frustrating than the Trial of the Sword due to lack of save limits. Like Super Meat Boy! Except with a way longer respawn time! (...I enjoyed it but I was OK with it ending)

New Shrines were fun. I like the new music that plays when you're near them.

Refights were iffy. The only one that forced me to change my strategy was Waterblight (Stasis is basically the only way to win, and I didn't use it the first time around).

The Final Trial was very good, though not quite as good as Vah Naboris, the best Breath of the Wild dungeon don't @ me. The boss was fantastic. I actually really liked how Master Kohga's fight was more of a comedy routine than a battle, but it's cool to fight a genuinely competent Shiekah warrior too.

The Master Cycle is enjoyable enough to use that I ended up aimlessly zooming around Hyrule in it for awhile, which is the kind of thing I rarely do in games.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Whoa, I think I have a problem...
I just can't stop playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2... much like how a lot of people can't stop playing Botw...
Actually the main reason was that I was grinding for a rare Blade... and cash...

This is how I always go in videogames, finish the main story as fast as possible as if I were Sonic. For the record, Mario Odyssey lasted me one weekend to finish, and Breath of the Wild 30 hours or so. I've always played like this, and after the main story is over I spend my time on the rest the game has to offer. It's like watching anime, once you start a show you just want to have more of it, and end up watching it in 3 days hahaha.
Then I guess you missed quite a few interesting Blade quests and of course, rare Blades... I could be wrong though.

I often take it slow when it comes to JRPG and will keep playing it if it's good, same with anime it depends if the anime is good or not. I sometimes put it on view hiatus or even drop it if it gets bored.
No offense taken, but I think every single spoiler is fine as long as it's spoilered, is the readers choice to read it or not.

So, let's talk about Xenoblade shall we?
Well, don't be surprised if I ignored your spoiler review like ... forever lol.

So I think it would be better to talk about Xenoblade with no spoilers.

And ok... this will be one time reply I guess...
-I do also like the artstyle, and graphically the game is just gorgeous, like every other Xenoblade game.
-I'd like to make a post just about the characters, because after the disappointment of X in that term, I'm glad the cast we have is so good.
-Cutscenes were so long that after one the Switch would enter sleep mode, but I didn't care, they were awesome.
-The music is just godlike, still don't know if it's better than the original though.
-The theatre mode is interesting, but I don't think I'd like to rewatch most of the scenes... Maybe the blade intros, but not the story scenes.
-Yep, the concept of Alrest itself is just too good, hard to mess that one up.
-Xeno3D was painful after a few hours indeed, didn't have this issues with 2, so that's good.
-I'm not too fond of the map, I found myself lost quite a few times...
-Rare blades are like new party characters, they're so cool (Though is quite difficult to get them...)
-Speaking of unique monsters... I think I've only fought 6 or 7 in the whole game... And 2 were on the last area. I don't remember how many unique monsters I fought in my first playtrough of the other Xenoblades, but I guess way more than that.
-I think they'll never get sidequests right, I always found myself lost trying to find what I was required (And this was the only thing I found really bad of the original Xenoblade)
-Having voice acting in support convos is really nice indeed.
  • I understand how the new style will turn some people away, but saying this style is worse then the original is completely personal reference...
  • Some were, and some don't, I also felt like some scenes really took way too long.
  • Eh... tbh, if I want to listen a Xenoblade ost it has to be X's... as for original and 2 I prefer battle and boss themes... that said, ALL OF THEM ARE GODTIER. There's no which is better.
  • I just think it's a handy feature to include for those who just wants to rewatch cutscenes especially when the story gets complicated.
  • Haven't reach to the end of the story but yeah, overall it's pretty cool
  • I still somehow get over it with Xenoblade 3D, 2 is just good controls, and it worked well.
  • I saw a video on how to make money fast and I also got plenty of core crystals... still haven't resonate all of them though.
  • I already found more than 6... I think, some were hard and some were in areas that are narrow... you party member might just drop of the cliff for no reason or got blowout... so chance are you might lose not because you were weak but because your teammates just fall off... that said, there were like two driver unique monsters I beat them by blowing them out to the cliff... and yes that counts as a win (But yep, you also won't get anything if you win like this)
  • The select of which quests to be the main quest is to make the compass navigate to which certain quests, some quest obviously requires to find collectibles so these were the annoying ones.
  • I would hope that it had more options such as pick the battle voice and cutscene voice separately.

-I overall liked the voice acting, I used it to practice myself since they have strong accents and some of the dialogue was kinda hard to understand. Also stayed with the english voices because of a certain someone from the end of the game. The thing that is not fine are the battle dialogues. They tried to emulate the greatness of the original, but failed. Like seriously, who thought that having Rex say "We'll beat ya, with the power of friendship!" was right? Also another one that was funny was Floren's "Our bonds give me strenght!", that sentence reminds me of FE Awakening way too much.
-As stated above, so many anime cliches, like the power of friendship one...
-Auxiliary cores shouldn't need to be refined, that's all. I ended up without using them way too long because of that.
-The downgrade to handled is the biggest yet on the Switch. Hope it's the only one too.
-Tutorials were kinda useless, I remeber the Blade Combos tutorial dind't teach me anything...
-I ended up really liking the combat system, and you can cheese the fights with the blade combos, they are quite fun.
-Mercenaries were fine I guess... Free experience, so less grinding if needed.
-Skill charts from the original were the best, taking the best skills of your partners was really fun.
  • I still here say the VA were mixed but some dialogue were pretty interesting. That Rex's quote was too Shonen imo... as for Floren he also got "TRAP-like" quotes like "Can't look away? Too bad for you!" "I'm than having a ridiculously pretty face." And one user here on Smashboards gave him an awesome nickname that suits him very well... the Venus Boy Trap. Speaking of Floren I'm pretty sure there are still some people who will still believe he is a girl... or even only aware he is a girl until they got him (He was my second rare Blade to get). I actually had already knew Floren might be a trap when they revealed him on Twitter, but his Japanese VA was too girly to confirm. We only guess when he use "Boku no " to introduce himself... And can I also say his Blade intro was super cringy? Nevertheless... he... is an awesome healer Blade....
  • I'm fine if those cliches make sense or necessary... when encountering Zeke scenes... were pretty unnecessary...
Eh... sorry I'm now felt a bit weary to reply all of your points...
I've just read Mythra Mythra 's post, and I do agree, she's my favourite blade, way better than Pyra. Just personal preference I guess hahahaha.
Nope I actually think Pyra is way better...
Also don't forget the best girl Floren lol.(I'm joking btw)
And This would be my 2nd win

God, another 3-0
This would be my 2nd loss as well...
I feel like I'm missing out not playing Xenoblade 2 yet...

But Skyrim's just so fun tho...
Not really, it wouldn't be too late when the update comes out.
Just beware of spoilers.

After I got my USB type C extension cord I can finally play Xenoblade 2 longer than I used to... and I just can't stop too...
I watched the video showing all the rare blades in Xenoblade 2 and most are actually really ugly.

A lot have really bad VA’s too.
Just... which Blades in particular may I ask?
Overall I think all rare Blades are ok. My favs are probably, Newt, Finch, Electra, Floren... etc...gonna think more...

As for VA... probably Sheeba is a bit bad...

I haven't got all of the Blade's though so I'm not too sure.

Yeah, not a fan of a lot of them myself. My least favorite might actually be Vess, her quest was just... dull, and her face is off putting in that uncanny valley sort of way.
Her quest was dull? Her quest could be better but it was also a bit sad tbh even it was a bit ridiculous too.

Heart to Heart regarding Wulfric was also pretty good.

Heart to Heart regarding Newt was cool and her Japanese VA compared to English VA was more vivid, but English VA was also pretty rad too.

Electra, Finch, and Theory, all tanks, are at the bottom for me as well, all of them lolis/kids. Floren is about the same.
Oh and how could I forget Boreas? God what the hell is he... and his voicelines seal the deal. Terrible.
But don't forget that Floren is a trap lol. Never like traps in general but Floren is one of the exception. I... also stll need to get Finch...
I'm also in the quest of getting those two twins... not sure how will it end though...
Poppi QT Pi also became a favorite right at the end. I went the entire game without Tora on my team and didn't touch the mini-game Tiger! Tiger! but I felt compelled too after I gave in and did the sidequest to unlock her. Which was then followed by an absolutely ludicrous amount of time farming Tiger! Tiger! for Poppi parts and ether crystals for all three forms. In the beginning I hated it and struggled to do even the first level, but by the end I was rushing through level 5 over and over again. It was oddly addicting so I can't knock it too bad but I really do wish there were more ways to unlock stuff for them considering just how much you need to deck Tora's only options out to be like everyone else. Normal blades have everything inherent and the aux cores are acquired naturally from playing the game, whereas for Poppi I have to go out of my way to do something that is only going to benefit one character. Really poor design in my opinion.
I might need to check the videos to get the third form of Poppi...

By they way if you want to get Sheeba, which you can get her from Kassa which costs 500,000 G, I saw a video about getting her and unlock all of her affinity chart... and this method helped me got plenty of core crystals too. I think most of you already know this method but I will just list them here:
  • Salvage is actually very useful to get rare parts and even get core crystals.
  • Buy plenty of gold cylinders in Torigoth, Gormott, about 10 would be enough to start...
  • Go to the salvage point "Saets Chief Residence", this one is pretty easy to do and you can get rare parts easily here as well, and there will be monster appear after salvaging but don't be bumped when facing one since their levels are very low so it will take one to two slashes to deal with. And the chance of getting core crystals is also pretty high. (Also having Blades like Newt that has Salvage Mastery also helps of getting rare item more easily... I think)
  • Go to the Mansnach Exchange and exchange your salvage treasures. I recommend "Ancient Majesty" "Prison Break Game" or "Gormott Conector".
  • Sell those booster items when it's full... and return to exchange until you don't have enough items.
  • After exchanging chances are Gormott area development might grow.
  • Buy more Golden cylinders and keep salvaging.
  • Continue this process, it will be more quicker once the Gormott area development reaches to 5 star.
Once you bought the core crystal and resonate Sheeba, talk to Kassa again and he will give you 250,000G.
At Argentum Trade guild there also a Sheeba's piggy bank where you can save in order to boost her affinity chart.

This method only took me a couple of hours to complete (Getting Sheeba and unlock all her affinity chart) . And now... my cash is 3,779,618 G.... Not sure if I should be reaching to 4,000,000 G... I think it's a but unnecessary...
I also got more than 40 core crystals thanks to salvaging. I recommend more spots like Cargo Transpt. Zone in lower level of Mor Ardain. Same by using Gold Cylinders, and even though monsters are around 26-29, they drop core crystals pretty frequently. (Right now I am playing... and I already got 3 and 1 rare after after 3 salvaging)

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Overall a great game, I've spent over a 100 hours with it so any complaints I can raise will ring hollow. Yeah, you read that right. Three digits of playtime... :redface:
Bruh... I am only in the mid of chapter 5 and I am already at 81 hours lol.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I think Imma keep this name for much longer; she may be an annoying *****, but I find her cool anyway, and watching cutscenes and Heart-to-Heart videos made me like her more.

Also Mythra/Mithra is an unisex name.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Catherine is getting a remake for the PS4... and the Vita.

It's not dead yet.
Oh hey one of my favourite games is getting a remake, cool.

Really interested in the fact they're adding a third girl you can pursue. Wonder how they'll fit that in.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Actually yeah...

For those who are far into XB2 what are your thoughts on each of the main cast?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Some deets on Catherine FB.

-Third girl you can pursue named Rin (I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE) who is pure and gentle and is a pianist at the bar
-More scenes with Katherine and Catherine
-ONLINE PLAY, COMPETITIVE CATHERINE GOING GLOBAL BOIS
-New ending (probably the Rin ending)
-New episode (can't remember what those were in the context of the game but IIRC we'll be getting more days and nights)
-An anime movie will be included
-More difficulties
-Some new mechanics (sounds like they're gonna make the playing field for night stages larger)
-New mode

Sounds like a really expansive update.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hit seems to be pretty damn good in DBFZ, he can counter almost anything at the cost of having no ki projectiles, he has an unblockable that hits you if you're on the ground and he does good damage and has excellent mobility. Only real flaw is that he doesn't seem to have much HP and might not be too good in the air.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
There was a problem fetching the tweet

It beginneth.

Wish the good boy a good happy birthday! :4pit:

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Actually yeah...

For those who are far into XB2 what are your thoughts on each of the main cast?
Well, I was going to do it anyways, but since you asked, more reason to do it hahaha. Spoilering for those who don't want to know about the game (If I talk about spoilers about them I'll add another one)

So let's begin
-Rex: he's just the typical anime protagonist, he's nice with everyone and everything, and can't even get mad at the bad guys. I wish he was a bit more complex, but he isn't... He does have insecurities, but trough the miracle of friendship those insecurities fade away like they never existed, which is sad since he doesn't develop as a character because of that. Desing wise, he looks nice and simple, with those stupid pants but it's okay. Overall I like him, though not as much as we should like the main protagonist of the game (It doesn't help that his voice in battle sounds awful). However, one thing that give him LOTS of points...
I was actually looking for the armour Rex gains towards end game, though it seems it isn't anywhere? If anyone can find it and share it, it would be much appreciated. But anyways, I LOVE REX'S SECOND OUTFIT, at least in the artwork for the game. Just the face of grown man and complete confidence he has is awesome, much better than the original Rex

-Pyra: the postergirl of controversy because of her desing, is quite a charming character. She's more like a mom to Rex than any other thing, and tryes to be mysterious trough large part of the game, mainly because of her role as the Aegis. I liked her, she's cute, and she actually develops and make though choices throughout the game, so she's got that over Rex.

-Mythra: she's full tsundere troughout most of the game, and I personally like that kind of characters, so I really enjoy Mythra. She has quite the funny scenes in the story, and also it's a really important character, because she is the one that lived those past years and not Pyra. I think she's cuter than Pyra, so that's a bonus. Also both character's have the same voice actress, though Mythra has a deeper voice, which I also prefer.

Also, I really like the design of the 3rd form Pyra and Mythra have, rocking some sick looking attacks. Though the fact that she's not Pyra nor Mythra stings, because she looses the personality of both.

-Nia: one of my favourite characters, she's always there to cheer up Rex and encourage him to keep going. She has quite the interesting backstory, and also delivers some really funny scenes. Also, since she is there since pretty much the start of the game, I got fond of her really quickly. She's also cute, being a cat and all that stuff, and her animations are golden. The thing I don't really like is her voice actress, I just don't understand half of the things she says.

Blade Nia is better than regular Nia. She's awesome to rock on the battlefield, possibly the best blade I have with Rex (That's not Mythra). Also love the desing she has when transformed into blade. My poor Nia is at level 50 while the rest of the team is level 75 because I only use her as a blade...

-Dromarch: poor little Dromarch, possibly the most forgettable of the main cast. At the end of the game, he just disappears from most conversations. He's like a butler, very polite and all that kind of stuff, but he doesn't have a backstory, nor presence in most of the story. Desing wise he's pretty basic, so that's not helping either. Voice actor is fine, does sound like a butler, and love the M'ladys.

-Tora: stand aside Tatsu, this is what we needed. I mean, it's not Riki, but he's awesome. He's a nerdy nopon incapable of using blades, but quite skillful. Also, as all nopons, he's one of the main source of funny moments you can get (thing that Tatsu failed miserably). He looks cool, he sounds cool, I just like him a lot.

-Poppi: she's a robot, but she doesn't feel like a robot in anyway, which I think is bad. She has feelings, fears, goals... Like seriously, who thought this was fine? I don't know how to feel about her honestly... Also the fact that she isn't a blade and you have to play the stupid Tiger Tiger minigame to upgrade her... Ugh.

Also, going full waifu on her 3rd form was too much for my tastes. I mean, I love Kos-Mos and all that, but that 3rd desing... Good lord.

-Mòrag: I like her, I wanted her to join the party when she first appeared, and glad that she did. She brings the discipline to the team, the calmness... She has the moments when she looses all that, but she actually develops, so pretty nice for her. Also, her desing is great, I love it. Voice actress is discrete, and sometimes I mistake her with Brighid, so that's no good.

-Brighid: she has quite the presence in the story, more than her driver I'd say. Though I don't really know much about her, despite a few times she has the spotlight... But together with Mòrag they make a very interesting couple, with some nice interactions. Desing wise I wish she had her eyes opened, but guess that's a trademark to differenciate it, so not complaining.

-Zeke: the Zekenator is awesome, he's the overthetop character of the game, with stupidly long names for his attacks, stupid titles for all the characters, stupidly bad luck... I love him, he cracks me up. Sad he doesn't get to do much in the story, he's just sorta there... His desing is great, gives me some Dante vibes, and fits really well with his personality. His voice actor also does a great job, and I think he might have the best in battle voice lines.

-Pandoria: I think without Zeke Pandoria looses everything. She has no presence if Zeke is not with her, and the rest of the blades (except Dromarch) have enough personality on their own to not need their drivers. Discrete character, not very interesting to me. Her desing doesn't ring me either, but her weapon is really cool, so that's something.

So that's the main cast. I'll rank them from better to worst in my opinion:

Mythra>Nia>Zeke>Tora>Mòrag>Pyra>Rex>Brighid>Poppi>Pandoria>Dromarch.

Well, that was fun. I should do that with the original Xenoblade cast. Really happy with all the characters honestly, I ended up caring about most of them, and they all are really interesting. One of the best aspects of the game for sure.

D

Deleted member

Poppi: she's a robot, but she doesn't feel like a robot in anyway, which I think is bad. She has feelings, fears, goals... Like seriously, who thought this was fine?
I haven't played XC2 but, I'm sorry, I fail to see how this is a bad thing in any way, sounds like she's an actual character to mr.
At this point, the whole "robot character cannot comprehend human emotions" has gotten stale and it's hard to play it straight(it's much more common to see it being used as comedy).

I doubt she was programmed to serve a specific purpose* anyways, so it's not like there's a reason for her to not have feelings like a proper AI should have.
*this one being killing humans

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
I haven't played XC2 but, I'm sorry, I fail to see how this is a bad thing in any way, sounds like she's an actual character to mr.
At this point, the whole "robot character cannot comprehend human emotions" has gotten stale and it's hard to play it straight(it's much more common to see it being used as comedy).

I doubt she was programmed to serve a specific purpose* anyways, so it's not like there's a reason for her to not have feelings like a proper AI should have.
*this one being killing humans
Yes, I think I worded it poorly, let's see if I can explain better what I don't like about Poppi.

Of course having an actual character isn't a bad thing, that would be stupid. The thing is, she IS a robot, so therefore, that should have some kind of repercusion on the character traits right? And Poppi does not look like a robot in any form or shape. You just forget she is a robot, except when they have to remind you "Because I'm artificial blade..." and all that. I'd hope that being a robot will make her a member actually different from the rest, but the only thing different is that she can use some boosters and speaks missing some words. (Also, there is the thing I spoilered before, which I'm not too big of a fan)

Also, she IS programmed to seve a specific purpose, and guess she does okay at it? Thankfully, I do like Tora, so that helps Poppi as a character to me.

Hope I explained myself better.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Whoa, I think I have a problem...
I just can't stop playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2... much like how a lot of people can't stop playing Botw...
Actually the main reason was that I was grinding for a rare Blade... and cash...

Then I guess you missed quite a few interesting Blade quests and of course, rare Blades... I could be wrong though.

I often take it slow when it comes to JRPG and will keep playing it if it's good, same with anime it depends if the anime is good or not. I sometimes put it on view hiatus or even drop it if it gets bored.

Well, don't be surprised if I ignored your spoiler review like ... forever lol.

So I think it would be better to talk about Xenoblade with no spoilers.

And ok... this will be one time reply I guess...

• I understand how the new style will turn some people away, but saying this style is worse then the original is completely personal reference...
  • Some were, and some don't, I also felt like some scenes really took way too long.
  • Eh... tbh, if I want to listen a Xenoblade ost it has to be X's... as for original and 2 I prefer battle and boss themes... that said, ALL OF THEM ARE GODTIER. There's no which is better.
  • I just think it's a handy feature to include for those who just wants to rewatch cutscenes especially when the story gets complicated.
  • Haven't reach to the end of the story but yeah, overall it's pretty cool
  • I still somehow get over it with Xenoblade 3D, 2 is just good controls, and it worked well.
  • I saw a video on how to make money fast and I also got plenty of core crystals... still haven't resonate all of them though.
  • I already found more than 6... I think, some were hard and some were in areas that are narrow... you party member might just drop of the cliff for no reason or got blowout... so chance are you might lose not because you were weak but because your teammates just fall off... that said, there were like two driver unique monsters I beat them by blowing them out to the cliff... and yes that counts as a win (But yep, you also won't get anything if you win like this)
  • The select of which quests to be the main quest is to make the compass navigate to which certain quests, some quest obviously requires to find collectibles so these were the annoying ones.
  • I would hope that it had more options such as pick the battle voice and cutscene voice separately.

• I still here say the VA were mixed but some dialogue were pretty interesting. That Rex's quote was too Shonen imo... as for Floren he also got "TRAP-like" quotes like "Can't look away? Too bad for you!" "I'm than having a ridiculously pretty face." And one user here on Smashboards gave him an awesome nickname that suits him very well... the Venus Boy Trap. Speaking of Floren I'm pretty sure there are still some people who will still believe he is a girl... or even only aware he is a girl until they got him (He was my second rare Blade to get). I actually had already knew Floren might be a trap when they revealed him on Twitter, but his Japanese VA was too girly to confirm. We only guess when he use "Boku no " to introduce himself... And can I also say his Blade intro was super cringy? Nevertheless... he... is an awesome healer Blade....
  • I'm fine if those cliches make sense or necessary... when encountering Zeke scenes... were pretty unnecessary...
Eh... sorry I'm now felt a bit weary to reply all of your points...

Nope I actually think Pyra is way better...
Also don't forget the best girl Floren lol.(I'm joking btw)

This would be my 2nd loss as well...

Not really, it wouldn't be too late when the update comes out.
Just beware of spoilers.

After I got my USB type C extension cord I can finally play Xenoblade 2 longer than I used to... and I just can't stop too...

Just... which Blades in particular may I ask?
Overall I think all rare Blades are ok. My favs are probably, Newt, Finch, Electra, Floren... etc...gonna think more...

As for VA... probably Sheeba is a bit bad...

I haven't got all of the Blade's though so I'm not too sure.

Her quest was dull? Her quest could be better but it was also a bit sad tbh even it was a bit ridiculous too.

Heart to Heart regarding Wulfric was also pretty good.

Heart to Heart regarding Newt was cool and her Japanese VA compared to English VA was more vivid, but English VA was also pretty rad too.

But don't forget that Floren is a trap lol. Never like traps in general but Floren is one of the exception. I... also stll need to get Finch...
I'm also in the quest of getting those two twins... not sure how will it end though...

I might need to check the videos to get the third form of Poppi...

By they way if you want to get Sheeba, which you can get her from Kassa which costs 500,000 G, I saw a video about getting her and unlock all of her affinity chart... and this method helped me got plenty of core crystals too. I think most of you already know this method but I will just list them here:
  • Salvage is actually very useful to get rare parts and even get core crystals.
  • Buy plenty of gold cylinders in Torigoth, Gormott, about 10 would be enough to start...
  • Go to the salvage point "Saets Chief Residence", this one is pretty easy to do and you can get rare parts easily here as well, and there will be monster appear after salvaging but don't be bumped when facing one since their levels are very low so it will take one to two slashes to deal with. And the chance of getting core crystals is also pretty high. (Also having Blades like Newt that has Salvage Mastery also helps of getting rare item more easily... I think)
  • Go to the Mansnach Exchange and exchange your salvage treasures. I recommend "Ancient Majesty" "Prison Break Game" or "Gormott Conector".
  • Sell those booster items when it's full... and return to exchange until you don't have enough items.
  • After exchanging chances are Gormott area development might grow.
  • Buy more Golden cylinders and keep salvaging.
  • Continue this process, it will be more quicker once the Gormott area development reaches to 5 star.
Once you bought the core crystal and resonate Sheeba, talk to Kassa again and he will give you 250,000G.
At Argentum Trade guild there also a Sheeba's piggy bank where you can save in order to boost her affinity chart.

This method only took me a couple of hours to complete (Getting Sheeba and unlock all her affinity chart) . And now... my cash is 3,779,618 G.... Not sure if I should be reaching to 4,000,000 G... I think it's a but unnecessary...
I also got more than 40 core crystals thanks to salvaging. I recommend more spots like Cargo Transpt. Zone in lower level of Mor Ardain. Same by using Gold Cylinders, and even though monsters are around 26-29, they drop core crystals pretty frequently. (Right now I am playing... and I already got 3 and 1 rare after after 3 salvaging)
Like which ones are bad or which ones I liked?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So....the next Zelda game has started development...

Now I have a game to look forward to after Prime 4!

D

Deleted member

4% Pity Rate broken by
Not!Bold Fighter fodder >:^(

I'll take it though, Hector is already a good enough Axe Armor but I'll need a bonus unit for the upcoming TT and I could use a bonus unit for this season to get back into Tier 20(only have a 4* Berkut currently).

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

I've been trying to do my version of going hog wild on this lovely anniversary.

So Pit of the Day, sprite vandalism, and I just created a ResetERA thread.

*does dweeb summoning ritual*

Awaken, Kid Icarus fandom!

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Man because of Kurri I want an ArcSys Sailor Moon fighting game badly.

Now I’m gonna have to think up a goond roster.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
So....the next Zelda game has started development...

Now I have a game to look forward to after Prime 4!
That's exciting news. I wonder if the development team will implement an entirely new concept or just reuse BotW's data. Honestly, I'd still be pretty pumped even if the game ended up being a direct sequel to BotW. Perhaps Aonuma could create a sequel that focuses on islands. I remember him saying he wanted to add more islands to BotW, but was unable to because it was too much for the game to handle. The characters were also pretty lovable, and I'd really like to see how they can expand on what happens to them after Link defeats Calamity Ganon.

Besides, I know how much everyone is dying to see more of Sidon.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Rise of Thunder is getting a public release, a free one at that.. And the devs are still working on something new. Which should be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom