• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Welp, guess it's too late, just finished the game lol. 68 hours in total, more than X but less than the original.
Yikes... That's... Too short. Even my brother who only plays Xenoblade Chronicles 3d for the plot took over 70 hours to finish.
In my opinion, Xenoblade Chronicles is a series where you shouldn't be rushed to finish the game. Since there will be a new major update coming at 20th.....
And no offense but I think it is better for you to not even mention spoilers regardless of you put it in spoilers or not.
And bit weird how most people were panic about seeing Odyssey spoilers than Xenoblade Chronicles 2 spoilers... But that probably just me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You say that yet Naruto is a poor man's MHA, you've got a protagonist who never gives up but instead of Deku you get a screamy ****boy, instead of a tryhard who goes through character development you get an edgy ****boy, instead of good female characters you get ****girls and instead of superpowers you get boring *** ninjas. Also, a manga series with ninjas? How rich, a clear ripoff of Kamen Rider Build's NininComic form
My Hero Academia is clearly a Little Witch Academia ripoff though
ALSO I'M 20 NOW AAAAAAAAA
Happy birthday my dood
Lol you're an old hag now
I always cringe when I see my past self.
Past me doesn't even deserve a slap, he needs an outright kick in the balls

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Tell her to cosplay best Xenoblade 2 Girl
<---------------
I think she does have some long blond wigs, problem is...
Not sure if there's Mythra costume available...
Right? i loved the movie when I saw it. It was a good mix of funny and serious and no fanservice that the anime was littered with
No fanservice? Think again lol, I agreed with you that there's no "force" or unnecessary fanservice.
That said, not sure about No Game No Life's major plot but the movie which technically is a prequel, the background and story was pretty sad... Even the ending to a certain extent.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
ALSO I'M 20 NOW AAAAAAAAA
Happy Birthday dolt.
Here's your party costume:

And bit weird how most people were panic about seeing Odyssey spoilers than Xenoblade Chronicles 2 spoilers... But that probably just me.
More people care about Mario than they do Xenoblade because the former is Nintendo's biggest IP whilst the latter is still niche.

Chrono.

Oooooooh this is spicy

https://steamdb.info/app/584400/depots/

Another branch was added to Sonic Mania on SteamDB, and its called "Project Plus".

For those who don't know, branches on Steam are alternative builds of a game, including builds localised for certain countries, bug testing builds, closed/public beta builds for new content, etc.

This "Project Plus" build for Mania wasn't there before.

Might it be getting some new content after all?
It's welcome but I hope SEGA themselves are working on some Forces content too.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
More people care about Mario than they do Xenoblade because the former is Nintendo's biggest IP whilst the latter is still niche.
Makes sense.
But this is also another point why I think this is the part where Odyssey does poor than Galaxy. The ending of Galaxy was pretty mind blowing for a Super Mario game at least.
Galaxy by far still has the best story and music.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Hell, I cringe when I see my current self.
For me I cringe at my child self which is like 4-11 and I outright facepalm at my 12-14 self that I want to slap in the face for how dumb he was.

Current me is okay. Still some cringeworthy stuff every now and then.
I cringe when I see my past self, sigh when experiencing my present self, and harshly grimace when thinking of my future self.
Why does everyone cringe at their current selves?

I sorta was like that in High School.
Past me doesn't even deserve a slap, he needs an outright kick in the balls
Yeah that's pretty much me in my early teen years.

So much stupid **** that happened in those years. Not to mention the late 2000's was like the worst period of my life.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You ever get to that point in your life where you look up pictures of chickens just to see if you can find one to do stupid things to?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Dbs spoiler

I’m betting the Androids get eliminated along with the rest of Universe 3 in the next episode.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Well I don’t when the videos I’m watching are from 20 years ago.
Didn't see this before.

I've only lived for 22 years so anything from 20 years wouldn't bother me that much. I couldn't even talk until I was 4.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Oh, also happy birthday @Best Gwen .

IDK what exactly this is, but I think this is some kind of Japanese Pit x Link shipping that I have no idea what it says. But hey, cake.

Last edited:

Chrono.

>New GameXplain discussion on Zelda DLC
>1 hour long

If this is just an hour of salty Andre I'll be satisfied.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
You have videos of yours? I have **** all of mine
There’s some of my grandma on my dads side, but my grandparents on my moms side have like 2 maybe 3 appearances in all our tapes.
Didn't see this before.

I've only lived for 22 years so anything from 20 years wouldn't bother me that much. I couldn't even talk until I was 4.
well I’m 28 and the videos are from 1994-1996. So I was 5-7 and adorable as ****.

Ivander

Smash Legend
At this point, while people are wondering what IS is going to do for Christmas or 1-Year Anniversary, I'm just wondering when they are going to have regular Hero Battles start refreshing. On the plus side, I didn't get either Lissa from either of her battles, which means I can get Gravity+ for my Bridal Lyn and one of my other Staff users. But it does not help that the only other users of Gravity+, besides Lissa, are Elise and Genny.

D

Deleted member

At this point, while people are wondering what IS is going to do for Christmas or 1-Year Anniversary, I'm just wondering when they are going to have regular Hero Battles start refreshing. On the plus side, I didn't get either Lissa from either of her battles, which means I can get Gravity+ for my Bridal Lyn and one of my other Staff users. But it does not help that the only other users of Gravity+, besides Lissa, are Elise and Genny.
Yeah, they really need a new rotation, at this point, most already have them all.
Doesn't help they're all summonable in the 3*-4* pool so it's very likely people have gotten even more of them lying around

Ivander

Smash Legend
Yeah, they really need a new rotation, at this point, most already have them all.
Doesn't help they're all summonable in the 3*-4* pool so it's very likely people have gotten even more of them lying around
Well it depends. I'm sure not everybody has alot of Subaki, Hana, Gunter or Cecilia due to them being used as skill fodder for Quick Riposte, Life & Death, Hone Cavalry & Gronraven + Escape Route respectively. Also,
-Olivia has Hone ATK 3 at 4*
-Lissa has Gravity+ and Renewal
-Donnel has Reciprocal Aid, Drag Back and Brave Lance
-Stahl has Ruby Sword & Defense+3.
-Wrys has Live to Serve
-Felicia has Glacies and Breath of Life
-Sophia has Fortify RES and Dragon Fang.
Only one who wouldn't really see any use as skill fodder is Virion, as he has Seal SPD and Astra.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well it depends. I'm sure not everybody has alot of Subaki, Hana, Gunter or Cecilia due to them being used as skill fodder for Quick Riposte, Life & Death, Hone Cavalry & Gronraven + Escape Route respectively. Also,
-Olivia has Hone ATK 3 at 4*
-Lissa has Gravity+ and Renewal
-Donnel has Reciprocal Aid, Drag Back and Brave Lance
-Stahl has Ruby Sword & Defense+3.
-Wrys has Live to Serve
-Felicia has Glacies and Breath of Life
-Sophia has Fortify RES and Dragon Fang.
Only one who wouldn't really see any use as skill fodder is Virion, as he has Seal SPD and Astra.
Still, most people have already gotten them from those maps, I get it also helps new players but what unit they are won't really matter to newcomers who just need more units

Chrono.

Okay this is the funniest thing I've seen on the Xenoblade subreddit.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Still, most people have already gotten them from those maps, I get it also helps new players but what unit they are won't really matter to newcomers who just need more units
Oh I'm a dummy. I was thinking something else with your first quote. Now I understand what you meant. :dizzy:

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Any one remember an old flash game called Marvel Tribute? I remember playing it when I was younger. It had most of the Marvel characters from MVC2 and added the MUGEN versions of Sandman and Rhino.

Sandman espeically had really good MUGEN sprites. Though the flash game was jank as all hell. I mean, MUGEN can be too, but for completely different reasons.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
@Apollo Justice ,now I finally have the time....
So with that out of the way here is my Xenoblade Chronicles 2 67 hours non spoilers review:

Forward:
I only played XC 3D on the New 3DS for over 120 hours, that said I only know the terms in Xenoblade but I am not an combat expert or anything, that said I will try my best to explain the XC2 combat as thorough as possible.
First impressions:
I bought my XC2 special edition, the box was pretty large and quite heavy, the cartridge was of course in the steel book. However, the steel book only contains the cartridge and nothing else. So if anyone wants the plastic boxart or expect the special edition to have the original boxart please aware of this.
The controls were way better than XC 3D, and so are the graphics of course even though I have said I am a huge fan of the more anime CGI style. Speaking of...
I aware the CGI isn't everyone's cup of tea but it's definitely for me, so I wasn't too disappoint on the artsyle.

In depth analysis:
(Disclaimer: the PROS, MIXED, AND CONS and merely my own personal aspects.)
PROS:
  • Again mention the new artstyle and graphics, this is very subjective but I think Xenoblade went with more modern anime artsyle like Saitou's, Nomura's and many others. Other NPCs aren't all designed by Saitou though. And landscape now is a huge improvement over XC, and on par with X. Which means
  • Characters overall are great, Pyra is awesome, Rex is awesome, Nia is awesome, even Tora is more appealing than Riki... and...
  • Cutscenes are probably the most enjoyable, they may be long but hey I enjoy watching those cutscenes, this also leads to...
  • MUSIC.. NUFF SAID
  • The fact that they you can rewatch those cutscenes is also a huge benefit, and yes, all cutscenes and switch language, and some can even change the weather and daytime. There's also more cutscenes on other stuff that I won't revel it yet...
  • The world build overall is more complex than XC, which is actually good imo, I still need to see if the complex world building will make the story epic as the first.
  • The controls is better than Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, I notice I sort of squished my numb on my New 3DS XL after hours of playing.
  • The fact that you can switch map style is great, at first I thought I will hate the all map style but sometimes it helped a lot when I am searching stuff.
  • Rare Blades... which is one of the main reason why I enjoy grinding and battling. My personal favs are Newt, Electra, Finch,and surprisingly... Floren... he's probably the best healer on my crew besides Dromarch.
  • After defeating unique monster you can just battle it again after activating the tomb stone.
  • Quest are much more easy to complete or navigate... sort of...
  • Heart to Hearts have voice actings, which is really cool.
MIXED
  • Voice acting... not all VA are perfect... Tora has the best voice for a Nopon, Pyra's English VA somewhat doesn't fit her well... but she still nails it nonetheless. Rex as long as he doesn't scream or rage he's also ok. Nia at first I have a bit of grudge on her voice but I'm getting used to it. I also give a shout out on Floren's English VA which imo his VA nails Floren's voice as a trap... I mean literally a trap, the fact that Floren can be have both manly and feminine tone is just...wow... not even Japanese VA can do this, Floren literally sounds like a girl in Japanese.
  • The cutscene were awesome but some are unusually long even though they tend to be important. Also...
  • There were unnecessary anime cliches, not a flaw but just need to mention...
  • Collecting Aux Cores and then need to refine them isn't a hassle but I'm sure it will be annoying with some Aux core that requires rare collectibles.
  • Handheld graphics isn't as bad as how some people say. It isn't perfect but I never felt that the graphic is so bad when playing. It does have minor frame drops but this doesn't happen too often.
  • Tutorials... are a bit mediocre... and you can still somewhat get tutorials by buying those infos in each regions...
  • Quest are more manageable but this also means that the quests can be pretty lengthy.
  • The battle system is okay, good when dealing with monster at higher level if you know how to do Driver combos and Blade combos right. The fact that some arts you have to get HP potions can a bit of hassle when they don't fly to your place but far away, or even in a lake or water.
  • Merc groups are cool but not really if some has huge requirements and a lot of time.
  • Having collection points are fine but sometimes can also be a hassle too
  • Affinity chart is also okay but I would also hope for skill trees to return if possible.
CONS
  • Absence of armor customization... they could have implemented it in the game at least for the drivers...maybe I will get to understand why they don't add but this is probably the biggest flaw for this game.
  • The game often has long loading time for a Switch game...
  • The map doesn't blur out the areas you haven't reach actually isn't good, and the fact that when seeing the map won't directly show you where you are is also annoying but glad this will change.
  • Unlike XC where you can still run around when choosing entering the menu, XC2 directly goes to the menu, this can be a hassle sometimes.... but oh well, it is what it is.
  • In or to cancel lock on, you have to engage into attack and then cancel your attack is annoying whenever I accidentally press R and lock on a high level enemy.
  • A character named Zeke... disappointed me a lot... his role in the game was pretty dumb and cliche...
So far these are my analysis I can think, tell me what do you guys think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom