• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Think you'll like this @Shishœ
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I mean, it's great and all but I expected some gameplay :/
Hope it's not all there is to it in this Jump Festa, please have more stuff to show off, even if just some clips of Deku and Shigaraki fighting

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I'm just going to say this.. Psychic terrain blocking priority was a mistake and Tapu Lele needs to be sent into UBERS.. There's not enough options besides using other Tapus to counter it.. If there was a way to bypass terrains that is actually usable then I'd be all for it but as of now.. With the threat of scarf Lele.. It's too unpredictable.. It's either going to be out speeding everything not scarfed that has a higher base speed than it or using a psychic/Fairy Z crystal..

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Here's hoping there won't be anymore Freeza ****ing again.

Or that there isn't a Resurection of C or any resurrection of a past villain. I hate those plots. Especially when they get stupid OP power increases to make them relevant to the story.

And also this...

Lol all of DBZ never happened. :estatic:
DBZ is a myth.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Ok, so, I just came back from The Last Jedi.
I gotta say, this blows up TFA imo, though there's a lot to process since a bunch of stuff happens
Thoughts and spoilers
I think the best part about it is that it wasn't predictable. Calling TFA a remake is an exaggeration but it did stay on safe ground with its act structure. TLJ instead works on subverting expectations and doing stuff that the main Star Wars saga hasn't done before.

Pros:
-The actions scenes are great, the Rey and Kylo vs. the Redrobes especially, that **** was incredible even though it lacked any sort of emotional conflict.
-Rose was a fun and interesting addition of a side character
-Hackerman is a **** but I like him tbh, hope he comes back next movie
-Old Leia has more wisdom than any Jedi and I love her
-Yoda is ****ing back without any CGI
-"Get in the damn Falcon, Luke"
-Luke is allowed to do mistakes and deconstructs the idea
-Kylo continues to prove why he's my new favorite SW character, the ****ing Lightsbaer scene man.
-"Snoke is dead! All hail your new Supreme Leader, Kylo Ren!"
-Seriously, it was a nice twist on what we expected. Now Kylo takes over as the de facto Bad Guy. Just wonder if he really is dead though...
-General Hungs made himself worthwile after being a discount Nazi officer in the forst movie
-Kylo outright shooting all theories regarding Rey's lineage in the head.
-So, is this what Obi-Wan meant with "more powerful than you could ever imagine"?
-Finn and Rose vs. Phasma is good ****
-ReyXFinn is dead
-ReyXKylo Ren sets sail

Cons:
-Phasma joins the "cool *** underused Star Wars characters" alongside Jango Fett and General Grievous. Lol Boba Fett lol
-Ok what was up with that Leia scene, seriously? You know what I'm takking about.
-Ok, the hyperspace scene was cool as hell but... if doing that is so powerful then why aren't kamikaze ships more common? One small ship was enough to tear a Star Destroyer in half and all it needed was one person.
-PoeXFinn is dead
-Seriously, if Phasma is dead for good they're hearing from me personally
-She had a ****ing blaster-proof armor and you just kill her like that?

Unanswered questions:
-Where are the other Padawanns Kylo took with him? We'd expect them to be working with the First Order too, right?
-Where the **** did Snoke come from? He's incredibly powerful and seemingly self-taught since there'd be no one to teach him.
-Will Phasma ever be used or is she doomed to be another Grievous?

Don't think many will read this since I doubt many have watched it already but I guess I can always post it again later
I love that it was essentially a deconstruction of the whole saga.
"Forget the past"

- What Obi-Wan meant was becoming one with the Force, the body disappearing upon death. It's why he and Yoda are Force Ghosts. Anakin cheated because he's Space Jesus.

The projection thing is just a new ability and I like that Luke projected an "ideal" version of himself with shorter hair, different robes and his Blue Lightsaber. Also him ******* with Kylo and going "See ya around kiddo!" Was great. His ascendance was amazingly shot too. Luke was just brilliant in general. "Amazing, everything you just said was wrong"

- I'd remove Grievous from that considering the Clone Wars cartoons. But in the films yeah. He sucked.

- The Hammerheads in Rogue One? Probably stuff to do with costs and ****. The Resistance isn't in a great spot after all. Also Holdo's sacrifice was out of desperation.

- Snoke's "always been there" or something going by the TFA novelization. Still needs expanding :dkmelee:

- Padawans became the Knights of Ren most likely. But where were they indeed?

You got two wishes left.
and ehres some gameplay for my hero academia ones justice
These look. . .rough to say the least. Both animations and general gameplay wise.

Fighting on walls is hammy enough for me to like it, but im not feeling this one. I love MHA but I have absolutely no desire to spend a cent on this one after this gamplay. Hoping that it's just because it's still early in development, but not super hopeful.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
You got two wishes left.
Gameplay looks a lot like CyberConnect's Jojo's Bizarre Adventure games with a bit of the Naruto speed added to it. Looks pretty interesting, but before I can say this is one I'll purchase, I'll wait until close to launch to see how the final product shapes up. And of course with various manga/anime inspired games, plenty of memorable attacks are present that fans would recognise. I guess this is 'Wait and see' for me, since I've set my eyes on Dragon Ball FighterZ.

And yes, it's that time of year, so I've swapped my avi from Halloween Corrin to Christmas Robin.
mini-edit announcing I've swapped to a transparent-png version of the Christmas Robin art.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I gotta say... how does that MHA game even work?

It looks really bad.

D

Deleted member

You got two wishes left.
Oh man, these look so good. Though the animations do need some polishing. The models are great though and the gameplay is just like Naruto Storm which are some of my favorite fighting games.
The, uhm, wall fighting is kinda weird though. Like, I get it, this is just like Storm but that was only in Storm 1 and Storm 4's Story Mode, why is it being brought back in the one game it DOESN'T make sense to have it? Seriously, no one in the MHA cast can walk on walls like that.
I do like the transition to wall fighting isn't a cut in like the original Storm though, that was too clunky.

Hope we get continuous updates of the game in the near future
I love that it was essentially a deconstruction of the whole saga.
"Forget the past"

- What Obi-Wan meant was becoming one with the Force, the body disappearing upon death. It's why he and Yoda are Force Ghosts. Anakin cheated because he's Space Jesus.

The projection thing is just a new ability and I like that Luke projected an "ideal" version of himself with shorter hair, different robes and his Blue Lightsaber. Also him ******* with Kylo and going "See ya around kiddo!" Was great. His ascendance was amazingly shot too. Luke was just brilliant in general. "Amazing, everything you just said was wrong"

- I'd remove Grievous from that considering the Clone Wars cartoons. But in the films yeah. He sucked.

- The Hammerheads in Rogue One? Probably stuff to do with costs and ****. The Resistance isn't in a great spot after all. Also Holdo's sacrifice was out of desperation.

- Snoke's "always been there" or something going by the TFA novelization. Still needs expanding :dkmelee:

- Padawans became the Knights of Ren most likely. But where were they indeed?

I meant it more as a joke lol. I mean, Luke gave his life to become one with the force and that allowed him to confront Kylo like nothing. So yeah, Stand powers are OP

I hope we get answers on Snoke, because while I don't care for his character, O do care about his mysteries

Inb4 we got bamboozled and the Padawans were the Redrobes
For MHA stuff that doesn't look like Naruto ****:

10 bucks on them expanding the Earth Beasts Forest or whatever it was called
Also, yeah boi, best arc incoming

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Vanitas, froom Birth by Sleep.
One of the enemies in the leak has the same design (but different colors) of an Unversed. Unversed are the enemies of Birth By Sleep, and thy are created by Vanitas.
After reading this, I just now noticed that the giant monster has an Unversed emblem on its face, as well as some Floods (read: the Unversed mooks).
So yeah, I can now see why some theorize that Vanitas would come back.
Makes me wonder if Nobodies or Dream Eaters will return as well, as it would feel fitting.

Chrono.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin

Would totally be something IS would do, am I right?

And then they'd drop Micaiah's banner in the middle of the month.

Because at this point, every banner is a bait banner.

Chrono.

Yoooo the cave where Goku and Beerus fought is a stage.

I hope it's got a stage transition to the space one just like how it happened in the movie.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm just going to say this.. Psychic terrain blocking priority was a mistake and Tapu Lele needs to be sent into UBERS.. There's not enough options besides using other Tapus to counter it.. If there was a way to bypass terrains that is actually usable then I'd be all for it but as of now.. With the threat of scarf Lele.. It's too unpredictable.. It's either going to be out speeding everything not scarfed that has a higher base speed than it or using a psychic/Fairy Z crystal..
Is Lele really more broken than things like Snorelax, Celestela, Garchomp, the other Tapus, Arcanine, etc, etc?
Well, the movie will focus on the origin of the Saiyans. So we may not even see Goku at all.

Think this might be about Yamoshi.
They should just rename the series Dragonball Sayan. All the other good guys are outclassed by everyone.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I initially wasn't going to play any until tomorrow, but then I decided to write a bit more into the trainwreck I put on AO3 in excitement for the Splatfest and by the time I was done the Splatfest was already on.

I have done shameful things on this day. Very, very sinful things.

Chrono.

And here's Hit. Plus a look at the Space stage, we've seen it in the very first trailer for the game but it wasn't seen again until now.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
And here's Hit. Plus a look at the Space stage, we've seen it in the very first trailer for the game but it wasn't seen again until now.
Lowkey Hit was my most wanted character, and now here he is; lookin' sick as expected.

FIERRO!
Plz tell me you watch Dr. Goku.

MainJPW

M.T.A
A new trailer from Jump Festa showing off the cinematic recreation stuff as well as Beerus, Hit and Black footage:

We Were Angels was a nice touch, love that song.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
A new trailer from Jump Festa showing off the cinematic recreation stuff as well as Beerus, Hit and Black footage:

ArcSys doing Super Saiyan Gods work right now.

Chrono.

We got a list of the DLC songs from the anime at the end of the video too.
  • Makafushigi Adventure
  • Romantic Ageru Yo
  • CHA-LA HEAD CHA-LA
  • WE GOTTA POWER
  • Detekoi Tobikiri Zenkai Power
  • We Were Angels
  • DAN DAN Kokoro Hikareteku
Plus 4 other songs from the anime which I can't read.

Curiously we got no songs from Super or Kai, but we got GT's opening (would've liked to see Chouzetsu Dynamic at least.) But the GT opening is a surprise to me, not complaining though that's my favorite Dragon Ball song.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Curiously we got no songs from Super or Kai, but we got GT's opening (would've liked to see Chouzetsu Dynamic at least.) But the GT opening is a surprise to me, not complaining though that's my favorite Dragon Ball song.
I hope one of those 4 songs is Gohan SSJ2 Theme. Come on Nintendo Namco, don't mess that up.

Still, GT OP?! YO! That's my jam!:dedede:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
After days of gone... I ma back to my home country... what an awesome four months experience in USA...
I am definitely a fan of Tharja’s christmas design
Very odd is that my sister just cosplay Tharja... today...
Her personality actually is kind of like Tharja to some degree....
YER DONE
THINK YOU CAN TAKE ME
DON'T FORGET ME
BEHAVE
I can't stop laughing now, I love that this is its own little meme.
When I was playing I had also notice the soldiers were pretty annoying too lol

And unfortunately you won't just hear these soldiers in Torigoth...

Also another XC2 news, there's going to be a new update on December 20, so don't rush to complete the game I guess, and it may be a good choice afterall to buy the game later.

Next...

I recently watched No Game, No Life Zero in my city's theater, there were so many otakus and young teenagers... which was a norm when it comes to anime movies such as SAO Ordinal Scale and Kantai Collection Movie...

No Game, No Life Zero is probably by far the best anime cannon prequel movie I've ever seen....despite some aspects of the plot were confusing... the ending...

The ending of this movie...
Just imagine it was kind of how like Shulk almost defeat Zanza but he suddenly felt resentful with what Zanza did right before/ or after he killed Zanza... and Alvis awares of this and eventually retrieve Shulk's monado... and then reconstruct the world by himself...
This could be a mislead analogy but this is at least how I saw as I am a person who knows No Game, No Life is about chess and that's it... didn't actually know they were in a world that people deal most of things with chess... and the story behind it...

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Makafushigi Adventure is all I'd need. Though the Ultra Instinct song would be neat

Chrono.

Lmao they left a T pose in the DBFZ trailer.

Check the part where Black is doing his level 3. The clones he generates are all T posed.

If Capcom did this they'd be eviscerated lol

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603

No Dragon Soul
No Kuu Zen Zetsu Go
No Choizetsu Dynamic
No Limit Break X Survivor
What's even the point?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Chrono.

No Dragon Soul
No Kuu Zen Zetsu Go
No Choizetsu Dynamic
No Limit Break X Survivor
What's even the point?
I sorta agree, none of the songs chosen save for the Z openings work for battles. The Kai and Super OPs would've been better fits.

But still, nostalgic value trumps all in this case (and I love GT's OP too much to not get it. lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom