• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
What? How is it rare? Have you played Arena for at least 5 minutes?

I mean, yeah, but I'm only excited for a potential Brazen Nino because I actually use her.

If it's restricted to Armors, however, then BK is gonna have a fun time with Brazen Atk/Def
>Alondite
>Black Luna
>Brazen Atk/Def 3
>Vengeful Fighter
>Quickened Pulse
RIP the meta
The meta sends its regards.

D

Deleted member

Yes I have and I don't see it often. And I've been in Tier 20 once before. And when I say the Rare Quick Riposte, I mean Quick Riposte 3, as that requires investment due to being 5* only and Leo is hard as heck to get as well as a 5*Klein due to colorless heck. Meanwhile Subaki is 3*/4* only, meaning you have to make him a 5* to get Quick Riposte 3 from him. Quick Riposte 2 is a different story and I've seen that one more than I have Quick Riposte 3.

And yeah, Black Knight with those skills is terrifying. Although it doesn't help that Blue Mages, especially Reinhardt, are very common. If there was a Brazen skill that gave +7 ATK and RES, that'd be a different story as that and Distant Defense would give Black Knight +13 Res against Mages. giving him good survival. The SPD one would probably help him more than the Defense one, as that will prevent him from being doubled as often. And he doesn't even need Quickened Pulse, as Vengeful Fighter gives the Special Charge+1, meaning he's going to be using Black Luna the moment he gets attacked.
Oh, ok, I thought you mesnt QR in general.

Oh yeah, I forgot VF makes him double so the second hit should make him proc it(QP is supposed to be used alongside SB on him)

Mine still has his base kit plus some C skills so I guess I'll grind him on the Warrior maps during this weekend

Ivander

Smash Legend
Pretty sure Subaki can be pulled at 5*

I can't believe how dumb Brazen is and I cannot image it being usable on all movement types.
Only on Focus Banners can he be pulled at 5* when he is a Focus unit(like the Flier VG Banner or the Quick Riposte Banner). Otherwise, he's 3*/4* only. Klein can be pulled from either 4* or 5*, but people use him for Death Blow 3 when he's pulled at 4*.

D

Deleted member

That's why I used Dorcas to get QR3 on Joshua
Husbando dedication>memes

It didn't have to be this way if only I had pulled two Deirdres instead of two Camillas

MainJPW

M.T.A
Looks like Mickey Mouse ended the year 20XX. In all seriousness, are the X - Men going to be in the MCU?
According to this:
Disney CEO Bob Iger has confirmed that the X-Men, Deadpool, and the Fantastic Four will be joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe aka. the MCU. As previously reported, Disney’s much-anticipated acquisition of 21st Century Fox has finally been confirmed, with the Mouse House shelling out billions for a sizeable chunk of Rupert Murdoch’s television and film assets. This essentially means that any properties that previously belonged to Fox are now in the hands of Disney – and crucially for fans of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, this includes both the X-Men and Fantastic Four franchises.
https://screenrant.com/disney-ceo-x-men-fantastic-four-mcu/

Ivander

Smash Legend
That's why I used Dorcas to get QR3 on Joshua
Husbando dedication>memes

It didn't have to be this way if only I had pulled two Deirdres instead of two Camillas
Ah, that's right. I forgot about Deirdre and Dorcas having Quick Riposte. That's what happens when you're stuck with the same 3 units with Quick Riposte for 7 1/2 months.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So the guy who won Trending Gamer this year cheated on his wife and confessed about it on stream.

Real stand up guy that one.
I've come to expect this kind of **** from the gaming community nowadays.

Ever since like 2013-2014 when all the "-gate" controversies started.
Bruh it's video games. Likely video games you don't play every day. You're making a mountain out of a molehill about something that's really irrelevant tbh
I was referring to the way I acted and everything that went down in that month. December that year was really ****ty for me for more reasons than one. Even stuff from my personal life.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Is it weird that Road Taken is still my fav all time FE Song?

What the hell is even that face?
Do you know Faceapp? Well, somebody used it to give Reinhardt a grin. As a result, everybody uses that image for giggles and memes. Heck, this video uses it.

Anyway, basically somebody used Faceapp and as such, everybody has fun with giving the characters, especially Reinhardt, different emotions. To give a better idea of Faceapp, here's somebody giving some of the Overwatch characters the same smile.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I really hope Brazen skills are Armor only
Not only do they give the highest buff in a stat, only rivaled by Defiant skills with +7, the requirement to getting the buff is stupidly easy, working both on Player and Enemy Phase and kickng in permenantly after approximately one hit.
And it boosts two stats, with speed being especially vulnerable to power creep.

I cannot imagine this skill being inheritable by other movement types than armors.
Maybe Infantry because they lack the "Emblem buffs" Fliers and Horses have but I'll be very angry if Tiki gets access to this skill

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I was waiting for this.
Pikachu as Dennis looks perfect.
I'm aware that Lysandre Pikachu has a red tie or red collar of some kind, but on the actual toy, it looks like Lysandre's beard and giving the impression that Lysandre Pikachu has a beard. And I can't unpicture it now.
I really hope Brazen skills are Armor only
Not only do they give the highest buff in a stat, only rivaled by Defiant skills with +7, the requirement to getting the buff is stupidly easy, working both on Player and Enemy Phase and kickng in permenantly after approximately one hit.
And it boosts two stats, with speed being especially vulnerable to power creep.

I cannot imagine this skill being inheritable by other movement types than armors.
Maybe Infantry because they lack the "Emblem buffs" Fliers and Horses have but I'll be very angry if Tiki gets access to this skill
While it's useful, Tiki likes Steady Breath more thanks to the Special Charge+1 and without the HP restriction. Dragons also like Quick Riposte alot and while Quick Riposte 3 can work with the Brazen skills, it'll either miss Synergy due to the Meta of doing lots of damage in one attack and they might go past the 70% mark easily to nullify Quick Riposte or not enough damage is done to activate the Synergy. It can work, but it's hard to make it work without having to set it up, like using Ardent Sacrifice or Reciprocal Aid.
There's a background NPC that looks like Shovel Knight, but has a fish head.
That's who this is. :V
http://shovelknight.wikia.com/wiki/????_(character)
It's also a costume for Custom Knight for those who got the Amiibo.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I'm aware that Lysandre Pikachu has a red tie or red collar of some kind, but on the actual toy, it looks like Lysandre's beard and giving the impression that Lysandre Pikachu has a beard. And I can't unpicture it now.

While it's useful, Tiki likes Steady Breath more thanks to the Special Charge+1 and without the HP restriction. Dragons also like Quick Riposte alot and while Quick Riposte 3 can work with the Brazen skills, it'll either miss Synergy due to the Meta of doing lots of damage in one attack and they might go past the 70% mark easily to nullify Quick Riposte or not enough damage is done to activate the Synergy. It can work, but it's hard to make it work without having to set it up, like using Ardent Sacrifice or Reciprocal Aid.

It's also a costume for Custom Knight for those who got the Amiibo.
The synergy has never stopped glass canons from being stupid with desperation.
I am already upset with the tendency of new red sword units to powercreep offensive stats (hi soleil) and this doesn't help to combat that.
Best case scenario is armor-only, second best scenario is all movement types getting acces to the move but I'm not letting red infantries like Ayra ruin my runs any longer with her redonkulous speed.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I put a prank for Swamp like 4 days ago and nothing has happened.
Admins why. :'V

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Do you know Faceapp? Well, somebody used it to give Reinhardt a grin. As a result, everybody uses that image for giggles and memes. Heck, this video uses it.

Anyway, basically somebody used Faceapp and as such, everybody has fun with giving the characters, especially Reinhardt, different emotions. To give a better idea of Faceapp, here's somebody giving some of the Overwatch characters the same smile.
Holy **** thats amazing
My switch arrived! You can add me.
If you see a Kokichi, thats me

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ever wondered what Shovel Knight looks like underneath the helmet?

Well you just got your wish. I think.

I'm too scared to ask.

S-so, the theory based on that NPC that Shovel Knight has a fish head... is canon?
Of all the fan theories I have ever seen, this is the last I expected to turn out to be real

Ivander

Smash Legend
S-so, the theory based on that NPC that Shovel Knight has a fish head... is canon?
Of all the fan theories I have ever seen, this is the last I expected to turn out to be real
Considering the Fish Head NPC can be a costume for SK's Custom Knight for those with the Shovel Knight Amiibo, I don't think it's a confirmation.

D

Deleted member

Tumblr added a way to blacklist tags in mobile now.
And like? They updated the app?? And didn't **** it up??? Surprised it doesn't automatically blacklist all the tags you're already following.
Considering the Fish Head NPC can be a costume for SK's Custom Knight for those with the Shovel Knight Amiibo, I don't think it's a confirmation.
I didn't know about that, uh.

But, well, pretty sure the skin was the confirmation then

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This new Dissidia trailer is pretty cool. I like the character interactions.

Get you a girl who looks at you like Terra looks at Squall.

Screenshot_20171215-215329.png

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I would feel acomplished to snipe ******* in Splatoon 2 but I cant snipe for ****

View attachment 134466
That looks like the face of disappointment

Ivander

Smash Legend

View attachment 134466
That is looking pretty nice. The voice acting is pretty nice so far as well. And were those Boss Battles I saw with the Summon creatures? If those are Boss battles, that will be pretty cool. Also, when WoL talks about the Flame Scorcher, is he talking about Spiritus or Chaos? Would be great if Chaos came back. And I know Gabranth is now unlikely at this point, but that doesn't mean I've stopped hoping for his return. Team Ivalice forever!
Also, Shinryu, is that you?

Rizen

Smash Legend
For anyone wondering about Tharja? This quote from a YouTube comment: “it's not a bra. it's a B.R.A. "Battle Ready Armor" it makes sense now thanks KND “
Is that like P.A.N.T.I.E.S. - Practical Armor Neutralizing Tactical Isotopes in the Electromagnetic Spectrum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom