• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's pretty ****ing bad considering what Gamergate was about.

And he's only dug himself deeper since.

Gamergate was an unfocused multifaceted effort that quickly devolved into a number of things.

It's not hard to see how someone can be sympathetic to one of it's "causes"... Gamergaters and anti gamergaters can't even say what the original cause is anymore.

Truth be told it's a mess and I'm glad I never got involved, but I thought you meant he was an abuser or a cheat or something.

Awkward opinions about awkward controversies are a much easier pill to swallow.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Gamergate was an unfocused multifaceted effort that quickly devolved into a number of things.

It's not hard to see how someone can be sympathetic to one of it's "causes"... Gamergaters and anti gamergaters can't even say what the original cause is anymore.

Truth be told it's a mess and I'm glad I never got involved, but I thought you meant he was an abuser or a cheat or something.

Awkward opinions about awkward controversies are a much easier pill to swallow.
It was about sexism and harassment.

Gamergaters are utter scumbags along with the both sides narrative.

It's as simple as that

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It was about sexism and harassment.

Gamergaters are utter scumbags along with the both sides narrative.

It's as simple as that

Even from my basic understanding of the situation, I know it was more complicated than that.

Still, I think your mind is set so I won't try to sway you.

I just expected worse is all.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Even from my basic understanding of the situation, I know it was more complicated than that.

Still, I think your mind is set so I won't try to sway you.

I just expected worse is all.
He also said **** like "Saying blacks are oppressing the gene pool or being a feminist are like having a different hat!" And only doesn't say "BOTH SIDES" when someone says something against fat people

D

Deleted member

'Tis the season of powercreep

Also, we got another BBCTB trailer
It's all BB characters this time. I do like Es though, she has a cool design
So, the new Christmas Banner has been announced for Fire Emblem Heroes, here's the trailer

Tagging Opossum Opossum because Chromstmas is confirmed.

Honestly, I wish they would stop giving this treatment only to Awakening and Fates characters, but it is what it is. Also, that Tharja outfit, definitely suited for the cold temperatures...

I'm not pulling on this one, because I have a 5% on the Lyn banner, and I want her really bad. My luck getting Lyn has been really bad, on all the banners she has appeared I wasn't able to get her, and since I have no orbs guess I won't get her in this banner either...
Why are they all armored though? And oh god these skills
Brazen skills are blatant powercreeping Defiants, and the fact that they're inbattle buffs means they stack and don't have to wait for the next turn. Vantage+Brazen is going to be scary.
Lissa actually has a B-Skill that is the counterpart of Quick Riposte. At above 80% HP, you're guaranteed a follow-up attack! And it gives a Special Charge+1 per attack! But it doesn't stack with Heavy Blade or Flashing Blade.
Nope, she has no HP requirement, she just starts combat, gains +1 cooldown charge and doubles the enemy. What the actual ****? Seriously, what the actual ****?
I don't care if it's exclusive to Armors, do they not realise what Effie can do with this?
Thankfully, Wary Fighter can't be used with it so that means my Nino can just nuke them to hell but that's assuming they don't carry DC
Chrom's unique A-skill is Brazen ATK/DEF. At under 80% HP, it gives ATK/DEF+7 during combat.
-Robin's unique A-skill is Brazen ATK/SPD. At under 80% HP, it gives ATK/SPD during combat.
Please be exclusive to armors please be exclusive to armors please
Tharja has Iceberg, R Tome Valor and Close Counter.
Takumis are friends not fodder
They finally decided to give CC to someone else, wonder if another Seasonal will have DC in the future.
Same goes for Vengeful Fighter, which is Tharja's B-skill. It's practically a stronger Quick Riposte that gives +1 Special Charge. If only for armoured units, this is still a big buff for them. Hector would be terrifying with it, as it would allow him to hit with Ignis. Same goes for any Armoured unit with Distant Counter/Close Counter.
Hector doesn't really need a stronger QR, he has no use for it when he already carries Armads. If anything, I feel like he'd benefit more from Bold Fighter.

No idea why VF has a HP requirement but BF doesn't though :/

Last edited by a moderator:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Also, did they really need Chrom and Lissa to both wield axes? Couldn't Chrom have been a dagger unit throwing presents, or something?
I was kinda hoping one of them would be a dagger unit myself, but instead of presents they would be throwing snow.

Not sure how I feel about them all being armor units. I was able to go along with Jakob and Henry because there was some logic to it, but it's being stretched more here. With Chrom there's the heavy bag, okay, but Lissa just has a bell. Robin has a tree, so maybe. But Tharja is wearing almost nothing and just holding candles...

I understand that they want more armor units in because there is so few, and also want to appeal to our wallets by making units with really high stats which is typical of armored units, but I really would have liked some aesthetic justification as well. Reddit's joke is that Tharja is slow because she's nearly frozen from being cold and that is sadly the only thing close to an excuse.

There's a lot of talk about powercreep (again) but honestly I am rubbed more wrong about their classification. :laugh: ...That being said, I like their designs a lot, and I'm still going to be pulling red orbs like a mad man.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
To appease anyone who may be wondering, I'm waiting for the datamine to get high quality art for my seasonal avatar. :p

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
*playing Fallout 3*

Scientist: "well I tried to make these ants small like they use to be but instead they're breathing fire."

Oops.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Dec 15th again huh?

Doesn't bring back good memories. Although it's mostly because the way I acted that day and said some really stupid **** I shouldn't have said. Meh.

My feelings haven't changed since then and this was also in the same month Project M died. Just a ****ty, ****ty time for me.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well the new banner is pretty good. I love armored units and the buffs here are fun. Really like chroms design but expected him to be a dagger user. But him and robin will be who I go for. Then maybe tharja because she must be bulky as hell to have close counter.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So, the new Christmas Banner has been announced for Fire Emblem Heroes, here's the trailer

Tagging Opossum Opossum because Chromstmas is confirmed.

Honestly, I wish they would stop giving this treatment only to Awakening and Fates characters, but it is what it is. Also, that Tharja outfit, definitely suited for the cold temperatures...

I'm not pulling on this one, because I have a 5% on the Lyn banner, and I want her really bad. My luck getting Lyn has been really bad, on all the banners she has appeared I wasn't able to get her, and since I have no orbs guess I won't get her in this banner either...
Look at Robin that cute lil guy
I am definitely a fan of Tharja’s christmas design
I must say im the opposite..thats the worse outfit I have ever seen and in a winter event no less

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
man i remember when people were saying "were only going to get 7 blazblue characters" because of the character select screen but i went "nah the rows scroll" and here we are with 10 blazblue characters meaning a 40 character roster is super likely
(i mean given that this game is 1000% a marvel vs capcom 2 style asset reuse scheme it was only natural)

on the flipside this also means we have a good shot at seeing persona 3 characters join in too
(granted i just want culprit and hazama to be on a team)

D

Deleted member

man i remember when people were saying "were only going to get 7 blazblue characters" because of the character select screen but i went "nah the rows scroll" and here we are with 10 blazblue characters meaning a 40 character roster is super likely
(i mean given that this game is 1000% a marvel vs capcom 2 style asset reuse scheme it was only natural)

on the flipside this also means we have a good shot at seeing persona 3 characters join in too
>10 RWBY characters
Mfw it's just going to be team RWBY and JNPR plus Qrow and Cynder
Give me Rowan you cowards

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
For anyone wondering about Tharja? This quote from a YouTube comment: “it's not a bra. it's a B.R.A. "Battle Ready Armor" it makes sense now thanks KND “

Ivander

Smash Legend
I've seen some people point out that the new Christmas Banner is only around for 2 weeks. If that's the case, than a New Year's Banner sounds possible. And considering IS has been releasing Seasonal Banners quite monthly, it wouldn't be surprising.
Also, Reddit continues to shine with it's images:
That aside, much like me, there are lots of others who are practically looking at the Brazen skills for Lyn. You either have people hoping for the Brazen skills to be SI-able to non-armours so they can give it to Lyn(and make Alfonse jokes about how Deviant ATK got powercreeped) or the other people hoping that Brazen is stuck to Armours and praying that Desperation units don't get better. The tensions are high.
Than you have the lone group away from those people lamenting about Tharja's outfit and how something like that doesn't fit Tharja's personality in Awakening where she was socially awkward, not open and did in fact not like it when people talked about her 'body', like in her Harvest Scramble conversation with Nowi. On the other hand, when you hear Christmas Tharja's voice line about Robin, it does come back to a mix between their B-support and Tharja's Summer Scramble conversation with Summer Anna, where she wondered if she could win Robin's affections with the swimsuit given to her(although she changed her mind quickly). Regardless, I wouldn't be surprised if Awakening Tharja was on the side of the ones who don't like her fanservice.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

I need and want Adachi in the game so bad

And maybe Joker and Akechi if they add P5 characters
What damage control

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Dec 15th again huh?

Doesn't bring back good memories. Although it's mostly because the way I acted that day and said some really stupid **** I shouldn't have said. Meh.

My feelings haven't changed since then and this was also in the same month Project M died. Just a ****ty, ****ty time for me.
Bruh it's video games. Likely video games you don't play every day. You're making a mountain out of a molehill about something that's really irrelevant tbh

D

Deleted member

I've seen some people point out that the new Christmas Banner is only around for 2 weeks. If that's the case, than a New Year's Banner sounds possible. And considering IS has been releasing Seasonal Banners quite monthly, it wouldn't be surprising.
Also, Reddit continues to shine with it's images:

That aside, much like me, there are lots of others who are practically looking at the Brazen skills for Lyn. You either have people hoping for the Brazen skills to be SI-able to non-armours so they can give it to Lyn(and make Alfonse jokes about how Deviant ATK got powercreeped) or the other people hoping that Brazen is stuck to Armours and praying that Desperation units don't get better. The tensions are high.

Than you have the lone group away from those people lamenting about Tharja's outfit and how something like that doesn't fit Tharja's personality in Awakening where she was socially awkward, not open and did in fact not like it when people talked about her 'body', like in her Harvest Scramble conversation with Nowi. On the other hand, when you hear Christmas Tharja's voice line about Robin, it does come back to a mix between their B-support and Tharja's Summer Scramble conversation with Summer Anna, where she wondered if she could win Robin's affections with the swimsuit given to her(although she changed her mind quickly). Regardless, I wouldn't be surprised if Awakening Tharja was on the side of the ones who don't like her fanservice.
Brazen Atk/Spd 3 Desperation Nino, oh yeah boy, let's ****ing go.

I do hope we get another Christmas/New Years banner but it'd probably just be Fates characters, likely Male Corrin/Ryoma/Takumi/Hinoka and tbh :/

Ivander

Smash Legend
Brazen Atk/Spd 3 Desperation Nino, oh yeah boy, let's ****ing go.

I do hope we get another Christmas/New Years banner but it'd probably just be Fates characters, likely Male Corrin/Ryoma/Takumi/Hinoka and tbh :/
And not just Nino, but M!Corrin can make fantastic use of the ATK/SPD one, as it would give him +11 Speed thanks to Yato. And Than there are other good users of Desperation, like Anna, Linde, Lon'qu, Raven, Athena, etc. And that's not even counting Horses and Fliers, like Siegbert, Cain, Abel, Olwen, Catria, Brave Roy, etc.

And why stop at Desperation? There's also Vantage that can make good use of it. And the rare Quick Riposte. Quick Riposte 3 goes to above 70% and the Brazen skills go under 80%. Get between the 70%-80% mark and even Quick Riposte becomes dangerous.

I'd accept Hoshido characters for a New Years Banner if all of them are wearing Kimonos. We need at least one Seasonal involving kimonos.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

And the rare Quick Riposte
What? How is it rare? Have you played Arena for at least 5 minutes?
And not just Nino, but M!Corrin can make fantastic use of the ATK/SPD one, as it would give him +11 Speed thanks to Yato. And Than there are other good users of Desperation, like Anna, Linde, Lon'qu, Raven, Athena, etc. And that's not even counting Horses and Fliers, like Siegbert, Cain, Abel, Olwen, Catria, Brave Roy, etc.
I mean, yeah, but I'm only excited for a potential Brazen Nino because I actually use her.

If it's restricted to Armors, however, then BK is gonna have a fun time with Brazen Atk/Def
>Alondite
>Black Luna
>Brazen Atk/Def 3
>Vengeful Fighter
>Quickened Pulse
RIP the meta

Ivander

Smash Legend
What? How is it rare? Have you played Arena for at least 5 minutes?
Yes I have and I don't see it often. And I've been in Tier 20 once before. And when I say the Rare Quick Riposte, I mean Quick Riposte 3, as that requires investment due to being 5* only and Leo is hard as heck to get as well as a 5*Klein due to colorless heck. Meanwhile Subaki is 3*/4* only, meaning you have to make him a 5* to get Quick Riposte 3 from him. Quick Riposte 2 is a different story and I've seen that one more than I have Quick Riposte 3.

And yeah, Black Knight with those skills is terrifying. Although it doesn't help that Blue Mages, especially Reinhardt, are very common. If there was a Brazen skill that gave +7 ATK and RES, that'd be a different story as that and Distant Defense would give Black Knight +13 Res against Mages. giving him good survival. The SPD one would probably help him more than the Defense one, as that will prevent him from being doubled as often. And he doesn't even need Quickened Pulse, as Vengeful Fighter gives the Special Charge+1, meaning he's going to be using Black Luna the moment he gets attacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom