• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Remind me again how much of those fighting game leaks were right? Cause it seems kind of half and half if I remember correctly. Some of the SFV stuff is true, and the TMNT reveal was real. Soul Calibur 6 happened, but no Switch version as far as we know.

So I imagine we're mostly waiting to see if any of the Marvel vs Capcom and DBFZ stuff is real. I kind of doubt that Normal Goku and Normal Vegeta would be playable, let alone paid DLC, though I could be wrong. But that hasn't been thrown out the window either. I mean, Raditz isn't super popular, but even he feels more plausible.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Remind me again how much of those fighting game leaks were right? Cause it seems kind of half and half if I remember correctly. Some of the SFV stuff is true, and the TMNT reveal was real. Soul Calibur 6 happened, but no Switch version as far as we know.

So I imagine we're mostly waiting to see if any of the Marvel vs Capcom and DBFZ stuff is real. I kind of doubt that Normal Goku and Normal Vegeta would be playable, let alone paid DLC, though I could be wrong. But that hasn't been thrown out the window either. I mean, Raditz isn't super popular, but even he feels more plausible.
Pretty much just what you said on the first 3.

The guy kept making edits to the DBFZ section, IIRC he said Beerus and Hit would be DLC but then he said otherwise after they initially leaked.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Remimder that Jump Festa starts tomorrow and we're getting news on the MHA game.
Hell yeah man, we getting Aang and the squad in Kingdom Hearts

"S-sir, I'm afraid, it's the other Avatar"
"Oh, so just Korra then?"
"N-no, sir, it's... the movie"
"We don't speak of THAT but that at least means Disney has the rights to Avatar now"
"No, I mean the one with the blue aliens"
"The what now!? You mean that 2-hour video of James Cameron messing with special effects that all the Oscar judges jacked off to?"
"I... guess that's one way to put it, but yes."
"Well, **** them, because of it I have to specify that I'm Googling for THE Avatar and I don't like that! Besides, that movie sucked, I'd rather watch the Last Airbender again!"

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh boy, part 2 of the DDLC Game Theory is up.

I will post a link because they got so gross with this thumbnail that I'm pretty sure it would be against the rules to embed it.

Also I'd recommend not watching this before bed or if you're otherwise prone to anxiety or anything, or just listen without looking at the video. The editing was pretty shameless in trying to be creepy and in a much less tasteful way than DDLC itself, so yeah.

https://youtu.be/w9AWvi82uDw

TL;DW - He thinks Monika will be the hero of Project Libitina, and Yuri will be Libitina herself, who will be the villain of the next game.

I think it's flawed though, for multiple reasons, but my two biggest gripes are:

-He assumes that the letter uncovered from Monika's CHR file is from Monika herself, which is why he thinks she's going to be the hero of Project Libitina (given that it ends in the writer announcing that they will be a hero). I still don't think it really works though, a lot of the lines in the letter really don't make that much sense coming from Monika. I still think that the letter is written by MC, given that the ENTIRE letter makes perfect sense coming from him. And once again, I really am standing by what Dan said about there being no further plans for the girls outside of DDLC itself and merchandise, and the Japanese translation they're working on and the official mobile port they're considering.

-His idea that Yuri is Libitina and will be the villain in Project Libitina is a conclusion derived from some convenient details that require him to leave out inconvenient details (very similar to what the Rosalina theory was like). The main thing he brings up is the Project Libitina plain-text website you can arrive at through decoding Sayori's CHR file. The website details a test subject called Libitina and attributes a bunch of traits to her, like age, sex, behaviour, etc. MatPat thinks Yuri fits the description best, but there are some problems with this. For one, the site says the test subject is 17 years old, and MatPat thinks that based on Yuri's more mature, surface level mannerisms and physique, she is the most likely to be a senior and therefore most likely to be 17. However, Dan has already confirmed that all of the girls are 18 years old in a reddit AMA. Which makes sense, given that the first part of the game plays the dating sim game straight. Since this game is being released in a Western market first and foremost, all of the romancable girls have to be 18 to avoid controversy. Even Natsuki's small, petite appearance is given an in-universe explanation (she's neglected and abused by her father, which has led to her being both physically and mentally malnourished, as well as some hints that she's bullied in school too). And while some of the behaviour patterns mentioned fit Yuri, some of them fit Natsuki, such as aggressive behaviour (which only applies to Act 2 Yuri anyway, while it's a universal thing with Natsuki). So ultimately I don't think there's enough basis to assume Libitina is a particular girl yet, assuming it's any of them.

Another thing that bothers me is that MatPat said in Part 1 that all 4 girls would play a role in the next game, but he doesn't discuss Sayori and Natsuki here at all, and there isn't going to be a Part 3 apparently so...yeah it's literally an unfinished theory.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Happy birthday to all of your bois!

Kid Icarus' 31st Anniversary is in five days, so I may as well consider that the closest thing to a birthday for a certain boi.

Too bad I don't know exactly what to make for it. :{

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Today is also the birthdays for two of my favorite characters as well:

Happy Birthday Takumi and Okabe Rintarou!
I've been wanting to re-watch Stein's;Gate lately, thanks for making the temptation harder to resist.

D

Deleted member

Inuyashiki is such an underrated show, seriously, it's so good and constantly so, never was there a time where I felt it was slow or boring.
I love me some truly heroic characters and Inuyashiki himself fits the deal perfectly

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm not really concerned about Disney buying 20th Century Fox because it's one of the media giants, Newscorp, selling part of their intellectual property to another media giant, Disney. It's not like an independent company got bought out. Frankly I like Disney's business practices better and want to see the X-Men and Avengers together.
/late responce

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I've been wanting to re-watch Stein's;Gate lately, thanks for making the temptation harder to resist.
It's definitely worth the re-watch, especially with Stein's;Gate 0 coming this April.

D

Deleted member

So when the repeal of Net Neutrality hits us, will we have to pay to get internet, and will wifi be slower in this website but faster in Youtube? Help. Also Opossum Opossum 's title is on point. He's probably the secret Master of all of Smash Brothers.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
"Oh hey, what happens if you

Put Monika's file on a flash drive and pop it back into Doki Doki Literature club after you delete her?

*Music has weird moment and piano roars to life*

HUH. Well let's try this from here, then.

Please stop playing with my heart. I don't want to come back.

. . .OK then. :( "

. . .*tries again* :4jigglypuff:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Put Monika's file on a flash drive and pop it back into Doki Doki Literature club after you delete her?

You can also just copy it into another folder and out it back in there afterwards or restore the deleted files.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Try deleting Monika on a fresh save file but while in the main menu before starting a new game.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
So when the repeal of Net Neutrality hits us, will we have to pay to get internet, and will wifi be slower in this website but faster in Youtube? Help. Also Opossum Opossum 's title is on point. He's probably the secret Master of all of Smash Brothers.
The repeal of Net Neutrality doesn't really mean anything on it's own, things could still run just as they've been running before. The problem is that it also doesn't have to run as it's been running before. The reality is, we don't know what will happen, but it's most likely not going to be in the consumer's best interest.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
More cluuuuesss....

Decoded from Base64, it reads "Monika is Fox McCloud".

Monika got dat multi-shine

Also I guess this means Sayori is Yoshi, Natsuki is Pikachu, and Yuri is Marth (though we already knew that last one, their minds are one after all).

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Try deleting Monika on a fresh save file but while in the main menu before starting a new game.
I already know what that does, I spoiled myself on that before I even started, haha.

Sayori doesn't deserve to have herself snap from an epiphany she can't handle yet. I already deliberately got the golden ending just to be nice as it is.

If I start a fresh save, I think I'm gonna try to do something else. I need to do something weirder.

D

Deleted member

More cluuuuesss....

Also I guess this means Sayori is Yoshi, Natsuki is Pikachu, and Yuri is Marth (though we already knew that last one, their minds are one after all).
Nah, Natsuki is Falco, Yuri is Peppy, Sayori is Wolf and the MC is Slippy

"Hands off my manga!"

"Can't let you do that, Star Monika!"

"Huyah!"

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I already know what that does, I spoiled myself on that before I even started, haha.

Sayori doesn't deserve to have herself snap from an epiphany she can't handle yet. I already deliberately got the golden ending just to be nice as it is.

If I start a fresh save, I think I'm gonna try to do something else. I need to do something weirder.
That's the only thing you get from messing with character files. Deleting Sayori before starting also cuts straight to the black and white image of her hanging, but that happens anyway when she deletes herself and the others after you delete Monika.

The only other easter egg relating to files is related to your save file. IIRC, you have to save your game while in Act 2, Act 3, or Act 4. Make a copy of your save data and put it on your desktop. Then go through the process of re-installing the game. This will delete the save data but you can move the copy you saved back in. Now attempt to load that save while the game is still in the Act 1 menu.

I might not have that right, but I know there is another Easter Egg related to your save data and I think this is how you get it. I won't spoil it for you.

Nah, Natsuki is Falco, Yuri is Peppy, Sayori is Wolf and the MC is Slippy

"Hands off my manga!"

"Can't let you do that, Star Monika!"

"Huyah!"
But their Melee mains are canon.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
That's the only thing you get from messing with character files. Deleting Sayori before starting also cuts straight to the black and white image of her hanging, but that happens anyway when she deletes herself and the others after you delete Monika.

The only other easter egg relating to files is related to your save file. IIRC, you have to save your game while in Act 2, Act 3, or Act 4. Make a copy of your save data and put it on your desktop. Then go through the process of re-installing the game. This will delete the save data but you can move the copy you saved back in. Now attempt to load that save while the game is still in the Act 1 menu.

I might not have that right, but I know there is another Easter Egg related to your save data and I think this is how you get it. I won't spoil it for you.

But their Melee mains are canon.

It's a shame the game isn't quite what it professes to be in certain regards.

Attempting to play Doki Doki Literature Club Chaotic Good and failing.png

Whoop whoop whoop

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
More cluuuuesss....

I can't believe Disney bought Doki Doki Literature Club.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Disney buys TYPE-MOON and Saber, Saber, Saber, Saber, Saber, Saber, Saber, Saber, Saber, Astolfo, Saber, Saber, Saber, Saber, Saber, Saber, Saber, Saber, Saber and Saber become Disney Princesses.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I can't believe Disney expanded their already massive hold on pop-culture and copyright law and nerds are excited about it because "DEADPOOL IN MCU!"

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Cori stop trying to show Monika your Pit x Dark Pit yaoi folder, she's having enough of an existential crisis as is.

Don't want her looking into making a Dark Monika.
Dark Monika.png
I'm sorry Chiko, what was that? I can't hear you over all this awesome.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I can't believe Disney expanded their already massive hold on pop-culture and copyright law and nerds are excited about it because "DEADPOOL IN MCU!"
It's not like it was a hostile takeover or anything. Fox was selling, so someone was gonna end up buying it anyway. Frankly I'm happy that it went to Disney out of the other options, since they at least have lots of ties to Fox IP (the X-Men/Fantastic Four stuff for Marvel, distribution rights for A New Hope, stuff for Avatar Land at Disney World, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom