• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Disney buys TYPE-MOON and Saber, Saber, Saber, Saber, Saber, Saber, Saber, Saber, Saber, Astolfo, Saber, Saber, Saber, Saber, Saber, Saber, Saber, Saber, Saber and Saber become Disney Princesses.
You mean Disney King? Seibah is the King of Knights, show some respect to our King!

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
It's not like it was a hostile takeover or anything. Fox was selling, so someone was gonna end up buying it anyway. Frankly I'm happy that it went to Disney out of the other options, since they at least have lots of ties to Fox IP (the X-Men/Fantastic Four stuff for Marvel, distribution rights for A New Hope, stuff for Avatar Land at Disney World, etc).
I don't think it not being a hostile takeover makes it any better.

Maybe Disney will utilize the properties better, but do we really want this already massive, manipulative company gaining even more control over media?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Maybe Disney will utilize the properties better, but do we really want this already massive, manipulative company gaining even more control over media?
Well in my case not really, but I'd rather have a company that was shocked that Trump was elected than a company that likely helped pay Ajit Pai to dismantle the internet.

Not super happy about it, but compared to the other top option. . .

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

As long as they put it to good use, yeah, I'm up for it. Considering the other party interested in buying Fox was Comcast, I'd say we got off easy.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Disney buys TYPE-MOON and Saber, Saber, Saber, Saber, Saber, Saber, Saber, Saber, Saber, Astolfo, Saber, Saber, Saber, Saber, Saber, Saber, Saber, Saber, Saber and Saber become Disney Princesses.
And while they're at it, maybe Disney will finally do something about that Tsukihime remake that's been in development hell for about 7 years.:p

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

It was either them or Comcast, since, as it was said eariler, Fox was selling their IPs. I think it was the lesser of two evils since they were the only buyers. They don't own the news segment or anything either. Granted Marvel fans are happy, sure, but the situation was bound to happen as it is.

As for Disney's influence, yeah, I can see why people are worried. But Disney isn't a monopoly yet, and they do have laws to intervene with this potential issue. I don't think the situation has gotten to the point where the public can try and do much about it, even boycotting. There's still Paramount, WB, SONY, CBS, Viacom, these major companies are still having the same hold they do on American popular culture. And again, it might be a lesser of two evils, considering the only other buyer was Comcast, who doesn't have the best rep in comparison to Disney.

That said, I care less for the MCU and more so everything else concerning the Spider-Man and X-Men franchises such as comics games and TV.

I don't why people are surprised that Deadpool 2 isn't getting censored, since Miramax made Kill Bill, and Miramax is a subset of Disney too.

Chrono.

So the guy who won Trending Gamer this year cheated on his wife and confessed about it on stream.

Real stand up guy that one.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The Net Nuetrality business will likely take things back to how they were before 2015. At least at first, whether anything crazier after that happens should be what people really worry about.

But maybe I just see people reacting like the whole world is gonna burn immediately, and I think that's still dumb despite their good intentions. I also don't support sending bomb threats or death threats to people, even if you outright despise them, but whatever, **** happens.

Atleast now we could potentially get a good Fantastic Four movie.
Or they'll pull some bull**** where Tony Stark is actually Dr.Doom's real rival. Uses the Ultimate Nullifier to stop Galactus and screw over Reed like they did to Hank Pym.

I just want the FF back together in the comics, and I'm not even a huge fan of them, just mainly Torch and the Thing.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The Net Nuetrality business will likely take things back to how they were before 2015. At least at first, whether anything crazier after that happens should be what people really worry about.

But maybe I just see people reacting like the whole world is gonna burn immediately, and I think that's still dumb despite their good intentions. I also don't support sending bomb threats or death threats to people, even if you outright despise them, but whatever, **** happens.

Or they'll pull some bull**** where Tony Stark is actually Dr.Doom's real rival. Uses the Ultimate Nullifier to stop Galactus and screw over Reed like they did to Hank Pym.

I just want the FF back together in the comics, and I'm not even a huge fan of them, just mainly Torch and the Thing.
Well it’s possible I guess.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
I'm finally done all my final exams. Man my brain is so fried from all those studying. Gotta take a rest soon but at least I can finally relax.

Chrono.

So it's been confirmed Jump Festa's playable DBFZ build will be the same one from months ago, aka the closed beta with 11 characters. People are kinda freaking out about it since it's been a while since we've seen new gameplay (since shortly after the Nappa/Ginyu reveal in fact.) And so the worries begin.

I'm not too concerned, we'll probably see a new trailer anyway and new gameplay doesn't have to come from playable builds.

I'll be a bit disappointed if the open beta is the same as the closed one but I won't lose sleep over it. I'll only be disappointed if we don't see any Beerus, Hit or Goku Black gameplay.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So it's been confirmed Jump Festa's playable DBFZ build will be the same one from months ago, aka the closed beta with 11 characters. People are kinda freaking out about it since it's been a while since we've seen new gameplay (since shortly after the Nappa/Ginyu reveal in fact.) And so the worries begin.

I'm not too concerned, we'll probably see a new trailer anyway and new gameplay doesn't have to come from playable builds.

I'll be a bit disappointed if the open beta is the same as the closed one but I won't lose sleep over it. I'll only be disappointed if we don't see any Beerus, Hit or Goku Black gameplay.
Yeah that's not too much of an issue to me either, but it would be pretty cool if either Kid Buu or Adult Gohan were in the open beta.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
So the guy who won Trending Gamer this year cheated on his wife and confessed about it on stream.

Real stand up guy that one.
What a DisRespect to his wife.

I know where's the door.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I just hope Hit’s trailer isn’t the last one they show of the new trio.
He's the one I'm looking forward to the most. So I bet he will be the last.

I have a feeling that Beerus will be first, but I'd be happy to be wrong.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
He's the one I'm looking forward to the most. So I bet he will be the last.

I have a feeling that Beerus will be first, but I'd be happy to be wrong.
They might show them off in chronological order. Which would mean the one I’m least interested will be first. lol

Chrono.

I have a hunch the new trailer (if we get one) will be like the one we got in August in which we got gameplay for Krillin, Piccolo and the Androids, so all 3 Super characters could potentially be shown.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I have a hunch the new trailer (if we get one) will be like the one we got in August in which we got gameplay for Krillin, Piccolo and the Androids, so all 3 Super characters could potentially be shown.
Or they’ll do like for Gotenks, Kid Buu and Ultimate Gohan and give them each a minute trailer.

Chrono.

Or they’ll do like for Gotenks, Kid Buu and Ultimate Gohan and give them each a minute trailer.
That'll come after, just like with the other characters.

Every major event so far has had a DBFZ trailer. Gamescom had that one and TGS sorta did (same one from Gamecom but with the Blue dudes added). Jump Festa falls in line with those especially since it's a JUMP themed event.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so how about that street fighter 5 update that they will be gutting multiple ways to get fight money and make the costumes locked behind beating 4 missions within a month but you only get 1 week to do each mission and it costs fight money to play said missions, and the captain commando costume looks bad because of the stupid zombie skin

man capcom is just doing SUPER good right now

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Honestly I don’t care about Disney’s buyout. They’re more than likely just wanted to reunite marvel. Fox probably made them buy some of the other stuff. But the stars wars and avatar stuff makes sense. I don’t think they will really do anything major with most of it. For example the Simpson’s section at universal is likely to stay since they also have marvel stuff so I don’t see much issue with it and it could have been worse.

Chrono.

Tfw you notice Xenoblade 2 and Gundam X have the same basic premise.

Boy is a scavenger/salvager, gets contracted by shady people to retrieve something, said something turns out to be a girl connected to a weapon (Gundam X and the Aegis). **** goes down, boy runs off with girl. Adventure begins and everyone wants their heads.

Also this is a plug to watch Gundam X because it's super underrated.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
So when the repeal of Net Neutrality hits us, will we have to pay to get internet, and will wifi be slower in this website but faster in Youtube? Help. Also
The main thing is now companies can pay to have faster internet speed and that lowers the speed of those who can't afford to pay. From this article:

"How would you like to have to pay a fee to be able to stream YouTube videos at full speed? What if you liked downloading music from, say, Last.fm or Soundcloud, but those sites suddenly became infinitely slower than bigger sites like Amazon or iTunes?
Those are the kind of major changes to the Internet some folks are envisioning after a federal court ruling this week on what's come to be called "net neutrality.""

So instead of all sites having equal access to the internet, like under Obama era net neutrality laws, paying sites are faster. This is good for big companies like Amazon, Net flicks, etc, but means things like wiki pages, forms such as this one, independent media, free naughty pics, streaming sites like twitch and youtube, etc will load slower to make room.

This is all assuming the changes make it through the courts and aren't reverted when we get Democrats back in power.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Last Jedi was epic; not going to spoil anything else.
Tfw you notice Xenoblade 2 and Gundam X have the same basic premise.

Boy is a scavenger/salvager, gets contracted by shady people to retrieve something, said something turns out to be a girl connected to a weapon (Gundam X and the Aegis). **** goes down, boy runs off with girl. Adventure begins and everyone wants their heads.

Also this is a plug to watch Gundam X because it's super underrated.
I think that applies to a lot of games or films. Gundam X being underrated got my attention, what is it all about and what makes you think that?

Is Net Neutrality going to affect For Glory? If so, oooh boy.

Last edited by a moderator:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
The fun crossovers that could result from mergers between massive, obscenely powerful corporations pale in comparison to the fun crossovers that could result from US copyright terms being shortened back to how they were originally

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
So, the new Christmas Banner has been announced for Fire Emblem Heroes, here's the trailer

Tagging Opossum Opossum because Chromstmas is confirmed.

Honestly, I wish they would stop giving this treatment only to Awakening and Fates characters, but it is what it is. Also, that Tharja outfit, definitely suited for the cold temperatures...

I'm not pulling on this one, because I have a 5% on the Lyn banner, and I want her really bad. My luck getting Lyn has been really bad, on all the banners she has appeared I wasn't able to get her, and since I have no orbs guess I won't get her in this banner either...

Ivander

Smash Legend
Oh wow. that was quick. 3 days before the Christmas Heroes and already they shown the heroes. It's Lissa, Chrom, Robin and Tharja. To make a long story short:

-All of them are Armored units.
-Lissa and Chrom are Axe users. Lissa uses a Bell and Chrom uses a Santa Bag.
-Robin is a Lancer user. Uses the Christmas Tree.
-Tharja is a Red Tome user(and is even more revealing) and uses a Candelabra.
-All weapons give +2 to all stats when combat is initiated by the enemy.
-Lissa actually has a B-Skill that is the counterpart of Quick Riposte. At above 80% HP, you're guaranteed a follow-up attack! And it gives a Special Charge+1 per attack! But it doesn't stack with Heavy Blade or Flashing Blade.
-Tharja gives a B-skill that is a stronger version of Quick Riposte At above 50% Hp and when attacked by the enemy, you're guaranteed a follow-up attack and gives a Special Charge+1 per attack. Once again, it doesn't stack with Heavy Blade or Flashing Blade.
-Chrom's unique A-skill is Brazen ATK/DEF. At under 80% HP, it gives ATK/DEF+7 during combat.
-Robin's unique A-skill is Brazen ATK/SPD. At under 80% HP, it gives ATK/SPD during combat.
-As for other skills, Lissa has Bonfire and Fortify Armor. Chrom has Pivot and Wary Fighter. Robin has Reciprocal Aid and Armor March. Tharja has Iceberg, R Tome Valor and Close Counter.
-Tharja's title is "Normal Girl." Anyone who's read Tharja's support with Robin should very well know what it's talking about.

Either way, can I just say on why did IS do this? They are all Armored units, yes. But....
-First of all, those Brazen skills can combine with Desperation. They are pretty much Lyn's dream A-skill! She can attack any unit under 75% without giving them a chance to counter AND get +7 ATTACK AND SPEED. Who thought this was okay?!
-Lissa's B-skill is Quick Riposte, but for attacking rather than baiting. Not only that, but it gives Special Charge+1! This allows Brave users who survive a hit actually Double AND use skills like Ignis, Glacies or even Galeforce. That is terrifying! But only if this can be transferred to non-armoured units. I just noticed it's title is Bold Fighter, much like Wary Fighter. So this could be restricted to Armoured units. Effie and Draug could still make good use of it, as they both make good use of Brave weapons.
-Same goes for Vengeful Fighter, which is Tharja's B-skill. It's practically a stronger Quick Riposte that gives +1 Special Charge. If only for armoured units, this is still a big buff for them. Hector would be terrifying with it, as it would allow him to hit with Ignis. Same goes for any Armoured unit with Distant Counter/Close Counter.

-Anyway, looks like we have to see how the Brazens and Fighter skills will be handled with Skill Inheritance. If Bold & Vengeful fighter are stuck with Armoured units, we're somewhat safe. If the Brazen skills can be SI'd to non-Armoured units, Lyn is about to get much better, as well as other users of Desperation.

Anyway, I want Lissa, as she is a Bell Axe wielder, even if she is Armoured. Although she's stuck with Chrom, as he's also an Axe user(which is strange cause his Spring version was already an Axe user, why an Axe user again?). Robin and Tharja are separate though, both being a Blue & Red respectively.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
On one hand, I'm disappointed that Robin isn't a sword flier.

On the other, apparently fast lance armor with stats in the vein of Amelia is still good.

Also, did they really need Chrom and Lissa to both wield axes? Couldn't Chrom have been a dagger unit throwing presents, or something?

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Im gonna be disappointed if Opo isn't using X-Mas Chrom as an avi by tomorrow.

I am definitely a fan of Tharja’s christmas design
I see you're a man of culture as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom