• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Also another XC2 news, there's going to be a new update on December 20, so don't rush to complete the game I guess, and it may be a good choice afterall to buy the game later.
Welp, guess it's too late, just finished the game lol. 68 hours in total, more than X but less than the original.

Now I want to talk about the ending of the game, so MAYOR SPOILERS, also spoilers from Xenoblade 1. (I don't expect many people to read this because I guess I'm the first one finishing the game here, but anyways...)
So... The theme of the game is actually really similar to the original. The first one was all about destiny, fate, the power of mankind, God... This one has all that, but centers more on the meaning of life, maybe too much to my taste. There were times when they would just stop in place just to talk about what to do in life, breaking completely the flow of the story. I don't recall the original doing this, but yeah...

I actually spoiled myself a really important part of the game, and it was so silly I want to share it with you

So, not long ago, this video was shared in this site:

This was one of the funniest Xenoblade videos I've ever seen, and I just said to myself: "Oh boy, I sure love Shulk's voice actor! I wonder what other games has he taken part..."

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 as the Architect

I felt so stupid, but it was okay.

The Architect was actually Zanza... Who would have guessed... Honestly, I saw that coming from the first trailer(Or it was the second, I don't remember when they first said "Our divine father, the Architect"). I was wondering if he would be Shulk, and after spoiling myself I was pretty sure it was him, but then I remembered that Zanza was also voiced by Adam Howden, so I guessed it was him.

And thus, the conection between Xenoblade 1 and 2 is Zanza. On his attempt to create a new world, not only did he create the world where Shulk and the others lived, but also another one which was Alrest... And he is stuck in some kind of limbo between both worlds? Also, how come he is actually nice in this universe, but so bad in Shulk's world? This was nonsense, but hearing Shulk talk, even if it was just one sentence gave me chills, I loved it.

The final boss was... Meh? I really liked Zanza's battle, but X's and now this one feel much worse. I would have rather had a fight with Mahlos on foot, just to see him do more Monado arts. This was a really cool touch, though using Monado arts without the Monado... Weird. Also, there was a part when the final boss would just trow a Spirit Bomb on my team and instakill everyone. I died twice there, I didn't know what to do... So I cheesed it, I used a Chain Attack before the attack, and since everyone is invincible during chain attacks, the spirit bomb did nothing lol.

And, at the end Mythra dies. I was gonna get pissed, because they didn't kill Rex. For me, it would've been fine if both died, but you can't have one live and the other die, that's just sad, and invalidates the whole journey. Thankfully both Mythra and Pyra revive (somehow) at the end, so it's a sweet ending. Putting myself in Rex's skin, now that Mythra and Pyra are separate beings, I do wonder what their relationship would have been (poor Rex).

So, that's the ending of the game. Pretty good story, I definetely enjoyed it, but it did have pacing issues, though guess that happens with all JRPGs? (I've only played Xenoblade on that genre, so I'm as green as it goes). It's better than X for sure, because at least it has an ending, but not better than the original... again.

A beautiful game, still so many things to do. Going to try to get all the rare blades that I have left (I still don't have Kos-Mos...) and start exploring every nook and cranny of Alrest. I also want to talk about the characters of the game and why they're great, and also my opinion on the whole game I guess, but maybe another day. Now I'll have to decide if I get the Expansion Pass on this one...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
After days of gone... I ma back to my home country... what an awesome four months experience in USA...

Very odd is that my sister just cosplay Tharja... today...

Her personality actually is kind of like Tharja to some degree....

When I was playing I had also notice the soldiers were pretty annoying too lol

And unfortunately you won't just hear these soldiers in Torigoth...

Also another XC2 news, there's going to be a new update on December 20, so don't rush to complete the game I guess, and it may be a good choice afterall to buy the game later.

Next...

I recently watched No Game, No Life Zero in my city's theater, there were so many otakus and young teenagers... which was a norm when it comes to anime movies such as SAO Ordinal Scale and Kantai Collection Movie...

No Game, No Life Zero is probably by far the best anime cannon prequel movie I've ever seen....despite some aspects of the plot were confusing... the ending...

The ending of this movie...
Just imagine it was kind of how like Shulk almost defeat Zanza but he suddenly felt resentful with what Zanza did right before/ or after he killed Zanza... and Alvis awares of this and eventually retrieve Shulk's monado... and then reconstruct the world by himself...
This could be a mislead analogy but this is at least how I saw as I am a person who knows No Game, No Life is about chess and that's it... didn't actually know they were in a world that people deal most of things with chess... and the story behind it...

DBZ ripped off Naruto.
Ok now you’ve gone to far.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yay, more voiced over dokis.

Slight jumpscare warning for the end of this one, and also general spoiler warning.

D

Deleted member

He's right though, Vegetarian is clearly a bad Sasuke ripoff, Goku's Saiyan Ape form is a copy of Naruto's Nine Tails and they even got the powercreep right so that by the end of the series most fights lack any sort of weight because it's just a glorified ****-measuring contest

Last edited by a moderator:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It's so obvious tho. Not to mention DBZ is a bad ripoff of Naruto let alone a ripoff at all.

I mean just look when Goku gave up to Cell. Naruto would never give up in a fight. He loves his ninja friends too much to do that ****.

Naruto is a hero we can all look up to. Unlike Gaku and his sociopathic ways.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It's so obvious tho. Not to mention DBZ is a bad ripoff of Naruto let alone a ripoff at all.

I mean just look when Goku gave up to Cell. Naruto would never give up in a fight. He loves his ninja friends too much to do that ****.

Naruto is a hero we can all look up to. Unlike Gaku and his sociopathic ways.
You say that yet Naruto is a poor man's MHA, you've got a protagonist who never gives up but instead of Deku you get a screamy ****boy, instead of a tryhard who goes through character development you get an edgy ****boy, instead of good female characters you get ****girls and instead of superpowers you get boring ass ninjas. Also, a manga series with ninjas? How rich, a clear ripoff of Kamen Rider Build's NininComic form

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So Ghast finally finished his Support Science video on Olivia. Definitely worth a watch, since it goes really in-depth on her character, and discusses quite a few aspects of her personality, both positive and negative, that people tend to overlook.

Among Awakening's cast, Olivia was always one of my favorites, so it's nice to see she has her time in the spotlight now.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
You say that yet Naruto is a poor man's MHA, you've got a protagonist who never gives up but instead of Deku you get a screamy ****boy, instead of a tryhard who goes through character development you get an edgy ****boy, instead of good female characters you get ****girls and instead of superpowers you get boring *** ninjas. Also, a manga series with ninjas? How rich, a clear ripoff of Kamen Rider Build's NininComic form
Naruto fights for his friends and never gives up. That's enough to put him above everyone else. Not too mention his super ninja powers.

Even :4myfriends: is jealous.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
>be me
>just come back from watching the new Star Wars movie
>really liked the movie, know it's not flawless but still had a damn good time
>come back really late and is very tired
>see a video about the problem with Disney buying Fox
>watch the video in full
>realize how ****ed medias are now that Disney have so much power on them
>think now of how 2018 and laters years are going to be even more terrifying than they already are
>can't think of anything else now
>all of that happening after you just watched a disney movie and just wanted to have a good time
>how I actually feel right now
DCRRcO9XkAQkDYT.png

Somebody help me.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Why am I always starting in the middle of an ongoing match for the past couple of plays in Rocket League??

Also, I like the Easter Egg I found at the game's title screen.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
When your friends include people who genuinely say "Oh come on, let me kill these children" you're bad. And how shameful, not even denying my claims
Crap I forgot which part of Naruto that was lol.

Who says that?
Advance Wars ripped off Girls und Panzer.
Nah.

Those are just Andy's waifu's. :shades:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I’m watching home videos and I’m 6 in this one. Oh my ****ing god I’m adorable.

I just wanna give past me a hug!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
>follow-up on my previous post
I think I am just going to go to sleep. I easily stress out alot when I am tired, especially when I take alot of negatif information at once.

Really, the futur might be bleak. But even then, being paranoia about it isn't going to make anything better. I see what the end of 2017 will give. And when 2018 start, then I will start worrying. For now, I just want to have a good time with my family.

D

Deleted member

Shiny hunting in Pokemon is fun, I just hope in the next game more possibilities arrive. I am not saying anything negative about USUM, in fact I like how you can shiny hunt for Pokemon in the Worm Holes.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Naruto fights for his friends and never gives up. That's enough to put him above everyone else. Not too mention his super ninja powers.

Even :4myfriends: is jealous.
:4myfriends:'s content with who he is.

If you want to get down to it, everything's a ripoff. Naruto is ripping off Japanese folklore. There are only so many base plots and tropes. Heck Shakespeare was just writing down hijinks he saw a rabbit doing:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Sasuke says it because ofc the emo edgelord does
I don't ever remember him saying he wanted to murder children in the story.
:4myfriends:'s content with who he is.

If you want to get down to it, everything's a ripoff. Naruto is ripping off Japanese folklore. There are only so many base plots and tropes. Heck Shakespeare was just writing down hijinks he saw a rabbit doing:
Yes but everyone in the history of history has ripped off Naruto in some fashion.

Time travel goes a long way.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oooooooh this is spicy

https://steamdb.info/app/584400/depots/

Another branch was added to Sonic Mania on SteamDB, and its called "Project Plus".

For those who don't know, branches on Steam are alternative builds of a game, including builds localised for certain countries, bug testing builds, closed/public beta builds for new content, etc.

This "Project Plus" build for Mania wasn't there before.

Might it be getting some new content after all?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Instead of wanting a world without spirit, now Cyrus wants a world without clothing.
And to align with his new ideals, he changes his name to better match his admins.

Team Galactic Leader Uranus.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I’m watching home videos and I’m 6 in this one. Oh my ****ing god I’m adorable.

I just wanna give past me a hug!
I always cringe when I see my past self.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom