• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

Right now I'd like to main Yamcha... The other two is where I'm undecided.

But I'm most likely picking up one of the two Gohans.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Jorin, one of the playable units in Road to Ruin, is like a magnet for bad luck, despite being a Sword Cavalier, he's been getting hit by axes the most out of all my units, and as if that wasn't enough, he just missed a 94% hit and got killed by a 35% counter.
I miss Heroes's lack of RNG already.
Also, Str seems to be the most unpopular stat to level up among my units
Ghast's playthrough has pretty firmly cemented Jorin as a spaniard for me. :p

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
What's the difference between the NES and Arcade versions of Balloon Fight and Urban Champion?
For Balloon Fight there is a LOT of differences between NES & arcade. The biggest difference is that arcade's stages are big to the point the camera scrolls up/down vertically (and the stages are very different from the NES too) plus there are some extra small touches absent from the NES game. But sadly no Balloon Trip mode. Here's a playthrough

Urban Champion is pretty much the same between arcade & NES, however (arcade has some extra music and more color swaps for the NPC). The real reason I'm excited for it is that, unlike most of Nintendo's arcade games, there are no ROM dumps of the game anywhere (the game's arcade cabinet is super rare).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I feel like Smash 4 is the only reason why everyone still plays the Wii U ( and BOTW ).
I thought pink would suit you. : ]

:162:

I do like my pink name tag... Well my dreams of being pranked has been caught.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

So EX Layer is having issues on 4K TVs/Pro. Their response was kinda funny. lol

Rizen

Smash Legend
The stupid update system says I don't have enough free space for the BotW DLC, which takes 952mb but I have 2180 mb free :mad: Anyone else have this problem?

Curse this Eshop Christmas music; it's joyful and triumphant.

^stupid grinch gif's not showing. Nothing works.

Edit, after deleting my Mario Kart DLC I got it to start downloading. *sigh*

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

"Prisoner, how are you allowed a horse in your cell?"
Road to Ruin hanging those lampshades and reminding me of Tana being put in a cell with her Pegasus in FE8

Also, I see they're using Leila's unique map sprite for the female thief which is just a 10/10 in my book
Leila in FEH when?
So EX Layer is having issues on 4K TVs/Pro. Their response was kinda funny. lol
Well, I certainly can't blame them

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Haven't even gotten to Breath of the Wild DLC yet... soon I should be wrapping up what I bother to do with Xenoblade. At the final boss but I'd love to play around at level 99 for a bit. Not sure if I am up for grinding almost 30 levels. Can't decide.

Also did anyone else know that Floren is a boy? I accidentally found out while looking for males to send on a mercenary mission. :laugh:

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm going to finish Horizon Zero Dawn before moving to the BotW DLC. TY for using spoiler tags.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Marris is probably my favorite Road to Ruin unit so far.
Good god, I can't wait to promote her into an Assassin.

Also, the hack uses Masters Seals instead of class-specific items.
In one hand, I'll never run into a SS situation where I don't have enough Knight Crests to promote all my Knights and Cavaliers.
On the other hand, this raises the number of decisions I have to make and I DO NOT LIKE
Monika but she's invaded FE Heroes.

Monika: *sends all my 5* units home* "Now there's no one but us, guess you have no choice but to use me in battle"

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
*clicks "Send Hero Home"*
*clicks yes*
Oops
Marris is probably my favorite Road to Ruin unit so far.
Good god, I can't wait to promote her into an Assassin.

Also, the hack uses Masters Seals instead of class-specific items.
In one hand, I'll never run into a SS situation where I don't have enough Knight Crests to promote all my Knights and Cavaliers.
On the other hand, this raises the number of decisions I have to make and I DO NOT LIKE

Monika: *sends all my 5* units home* "Now there's no one but us, guess you have no choice but to use me in battle"
There are two kinds of people in this world.

And Monika loves both unconditionally.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey, so...I have something a bit unrelated to talk to you all about. I don't know if anyone's aware of this, but the U.S. is having a "Net Neutrality" thing going on, and if worst comes worst, I just want to say that I've TRULY enjoyed the time I've spent here with you all. Again, I really do appreciate you all and the time we've spent together.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Tekken 7 is actually interesting to watch, moreso than pretty much every other fighting game. Looks more technical than the others.

I say again Captain Falcon would be a perfect guest character if it hit the Switch.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Hey, so...I have something a bit unrelated to talk to you all about. I don't know if anyone's aware of this, but the U.S. is having a "Net Neutrality" thing going on, and if worst comes worst, I just want to say that I've TRULY enjoyed the time I've spent here with you all. Again, I really do appreciate you all and the time we've spent together.
From what I'm aware of, internet companies can't act on the repeal instantly without getting into legal trouble and the repeal itself may be an illegal action that requires investigation. I'm pretty sure a lawsuit is already revving up, and the House is starting to pass around a bill to block the FCC's nonsense that has at least a few Republicans on board.

I'm currently backing up this file or that onto a flash drive in case of an apocalypse, but with Ajit Pai flipping off due process there's still at least a chance due process can flip him off back. The fight for net neutrality doesn't end tomorrow, I think we all have to remember that. Surrendering the instant we "lose" is what they want us to do, above all we can't do that.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Suddenly the "Freaking FCC" song from Family Guy feels relevant.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
The FCC is absolutely repealing net neutrality tomorrow. Unless some magical meteor that turns greed into good will passes by before the vote, this thing is passing.

The question is whether or not the repeal survives the immediate onslaught of lawsuits. And that I'm less certain of.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I wish I could do something to help save Net Neutrality, but unfortunately, Australia doesn't exactly give much attention to it since it's mainly a U.S thing. But I can only hope for a good ending and it's saved for the sake of all, rather than removed for corporate greed. Even if I'm in Australia, I'm pretty sure I'll be affected by this too...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I wish I could do something to help save Net Neutrality, but unfortunately, Australia doesn't exactly give much attention to it since it's mainly a U.S thing. But I can only hope for a good ending and it's saved for the sake of all, rather than removed for corporate greed. Even if I'm in Australia, I'm pretty sure I'll be affected by this too...
Same here.

One of my best friends lives in New York so I'd hate for this to strip our means of communication away from us. Since I live in Ireland though, there's not much I can do but prepare for the worst case scenario.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
"A new system that deviates from common sense." Well at least they're being honest.
>A Dragon Ball game where the Dragon Balls are part of the main gameplay.

I think this has never happened before iirc.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Man, explaining to my mom where The Last Jedi fits in the lore is a real challenge.

I tried using old Star Wars terms and be as simple as possible and I'm still struggling (I basically said it takes place immediately after The Force Awakens which was 30 years after Return of the Jedi).

D

Deleted member

Man, explaining to my mom where The Last Jedi fits in the lore is a real challenge.

I tried using old Star Wars terms and be as simple as possible and I'm still struggling (I basically said it takes place immediately after The Force Awakens which was 30 years after Return of the Jedi).
I fail to see how it's that hard? It's not like saying "it's the third chronologically but the sixth one made" or something like that.
The main Star Wars timeline is extremely easy to follow.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I fail to see how it's that hard? It's not like saying "it's the third chronologically but the sixth one made" or something like that.
The main Star Wars timeline is extremely easy to follow.
I'm aware it's pretty straight forward but this person also isn't an uber fan and hasn't been following the series closely (the fact that the prequel trilogy released after the original trilogy has seemed to mess with her mind for starters).

D

Deleted member

I just realised there's a very high possibility that Innes is the third unit on Tana and Amelia's BHB banner and I don't think my 50-something Orbs will be enough for me to pull him and oh god please allow me to pull him

Chrono.

>A Dragon Ball game where the Dragon Balls are part of the main gameplay.

I think this has never happened before iirc.
Looked it up, it's true for the fighting games at the very least.

They've all been used for unlockables, but not the main gameplay.

D

Deleted member

>Promotes Marris, expecting a kickass Assassin
>Hack replaces the Assassin class with Rogue

This is probably the bluest I have ever been

D

Deleted member

Is Steam releasing a huge Winter Sale? If so, my money is all in. Cuphead and Portal 2 on sale would be nice.
I know I have said this many times, but I am scared. I hope we get Net Neutrality, or else big websites like Youtube you must pay for....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom