• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So can we talk about the fact that the Switch isn't even a year old and has already sold 10 million units....

BotW, Mario Kart and Odyssey is owned by 50% of Switch owners...keep in mind one of these games is only a couple months old...

As said the Switch isn't even a year old and the holidays aren't even over yet either...

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
So the January Nintendo Direct is a sure thing?

You know why I ask this. :yeahboi:

Last edited:

Chrono.

I just realized.

Something I'd really like to see in FighterZ is the Latino dub.

Storm 4 had it but that game probably had a bigger budget.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I just realized.

Something I'd really like to see in FighterZ is the Latino dub.

Storm 4 had it but that game probably had a bigger budget.
>Playing DBFZ while hearing "Insecto" over and over again.

I need it.

So the January Nintendo Direct is a sure thing?

You know why I ask this. :yeahboi:
It's basically inevitable.

We know almost nothing of Nintendo's 2018 lineup other than Yoshi and Kirby.

It's either a late December direct (doubtful because holiday season means focus on games pre-2018) or a January direct, or Nintendo has nothing left. Take your pick

D

Deleted member

I just want to see stuff on FE16.
Mainly the visuals, not only the artist(based Akihiro only in my dreams) but how it looks ingame too, from the map sprites or models to the inbattle models.
Like, imagine Tellius but with the smooth as **** SoV animations, FE16 has the potential to be the most beautiful FE game and that excites me.
Please give me over the top animations from the GBA games back, I need my after-image Swordmasters

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just want to see stuff on FE16.
Mainly the visuals, not only the artist(based Akihiro only in my dreams) but how it looks ingame too, from the map sprites or models to the inbattle models.
Like, imagine Tellius but with the smooth as **** SoV animations, FE16 has the potential to be the most beautiful FE game and that excites me.
Please give me over the top animations from the GBA games back, I need my after-image Swordmasters
Didn't they say they were gonna go for something more realistic at one point, or am I just imagining that?

I could see it, considering the direction SoV's fight choreography was taking.

D

Deleted member

Didn't they say they were gonna go for something more realistic at one point, or am I just imagining that?

I don't remember it but I wouldn't mind. I guess the over-the-top animations don't really fit 3D FE that well(Fates had some really awkward looking ones even).
SoV still had some that would fit right into the GBA ones though, like the Dread Fighter animations and the Pegasus crits.
I just hope horses stsy on the ground and we don't get **** like Fates's Stoneborns, the latter was a serious disappointment to me.

Ivander

Smash Legend

I could've swore they said something that with the Switch & HD, they are able to do some amazing things or something like that.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My dudes the full version of Infinite is out.

It goes full WWE theme at one point.
No kidding.

"I am the tallest of mountains and don't you ever forget it
If you step in the ring you're gonna regret it
'Cause if you're messing with me then you should know that it's over
I don't crumble for nothin' I got the world on my shoulders"

he still a weak boi tho lol

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I played the beginning of the Sexy Brutale. If you have a Switch I’d recommend checking it out. YouTube it or whatever.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
It's basically inevitable.

We know almost nothing of Nintendo's 2018 lineup other than Yoshi and Kirby.

It's either a late December direct (doubtful because holiday season means focus on games pre-2018) or a January direct, or Nintendo has nothing left. Take your pick
EA did an internal leaky-poo that had it on their schedule, so at this point probably.
Plus January has had Directs since 2013. It was a safe bet regardless.
Good enough for me:

Chrono.

Xenoblade 2 may have problems, but boy does it know how to end it's chapters.

It turned the worst part of the game so far into pure hype.

just realized something HORRIBLE about pokemon Switch while watching Chuggaconroy's pokemon B/W LP

Even if it brings back regular gym badges, they will lose something amazing

WE WON'T BE ABLE TO OBSESSIVELY SHINE OUR BADGES ANYMORE WITHOUT A TOUCHSCREEN

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Fricking heck, Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo , between a comment you made here yesterday and one of the things you said on Tumblr I'm starting to think you should try to get some help ASAP.

You sound even worse off than usual. Like, if you need a hug, something, anything, just ask.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
just realized something HORRIBLE about pokemon Switch while watching Chuggaconroy's pokemon B/W LP

WE WON'T BE ABLE TO OBSESSIVELY SHINE OUR BADGES ANYMORE
X/Y and ORAS didn't have the shining badge feature either iirc.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Fricking heck, Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo , between a comment you made here yesterday and one of the things you said on Tumblr I'm starting to think you should try to get some help ASAP.

You sound even worse off than usual. Like, if you need a hug, something, anything, just ask.
I was about to ask what did I say but I think I remeber

Yeah Im not feeling 100%. I feel like im at -50% right now. Skipped dinner and Ive mostly been sleepin

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I was about to ask what did I say but I think I remeber

Yeah Im not feeling 100%. I feel like im at -50% right now. Skipped dinner and Ive mostly been sleepin
Well sleeping's better than other things, at least.

Try to find some memes of your best cinnamon rolls or something. You seriously seem like you need a lifeline right now.

D

Deleted member

Hey IS, where's that new banner so you can drain all my Orbs? Where is it? We only have two ****ing banners step up your game
Please give me an Innes banner I beg you
X/Y and ORAS didn't have the shining badge feature either iirc.
I think he might be referring to the Sinnoh remakes in particular

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Anyone know what the free craig thing in Splatoon is about?
Some major competitive Splatoon player thought it would be funny to name himself Bike Cuck (or possibly something worse that he didn't admit) and Nintendo spanked him with a 14 day ban for his sins. Some people wanted him to get a free pass for some reason and the rest of us are just kind of bandwagoning as usual.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

WE WON'T BE ABLE TO OBSESSIVELY SHINE OUR BADGES ANYMORE WITHOUT A TOUCHSCREEN
Switch has a touchscreen though.

D

Deleted member

Switch has a touchscreen though.
No game seems to use it, to my knowledge.
BotW would benefit greatly from having it on the menus(not even the Wii U version has it afaik) and I still find myself trying to touch the Mario Odyssey menus with my fingers just because of how big the boxes are.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So does the 3DS but look what happened.
Then clearly the existence or lack thereof, of a touchscreen isn't the issue here.

Game Freak just doesn't like nice things.

BotW would benefit greatly from having it on the menus(not even the Wii U version has it afaik) and I still find myself trying to touch the Mario Odyssey menus with my fingers just because of how big the boxes are.
Some games do.

VOEZ is entirely controlled with the touchscreen.

IIRC the Sonic Forces menus also work with it but don't quote me on that one.

Though it's kinda besides my point anyway. I don't think the touchscreen has anything to do with shiny badges.

If anything, the gyroscope would be what would make for a more immersive badge shining effect.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Unfortunately, developers have to take TV Mode into account. The touchscreen really is just there for convenience, maybe for people who are very familiar with smart devices.

I never use the touchscreen myself. Only when I feel like adding fingerprints on purpose do I ever feel like using it.

Chrono.

Finished Chapter 4 of Xeno 2.

That was pretty good, the ending anyway. Mor Aldain was extremely meh but thankfully the next titan looks much more promising. Getting heavy Sylvalum vibes which is good because it was my favorite continent in X.

Morag is a party member which I suspected after seeing Brighid in the Blade Gallery lumped with the party Blades. I'm really glad too because her dual whipblades are exactly my thing and she's pretty fun, but I gotta get used to the timing of cancelling Arts cause it's tricky.

Got a bunch of crystals but just got commons out of them, feels bad man.

Also Rex can now switch between Mythra and Pyra, including mid-battle which is kinda ridiculous because he gets no drawback out of that. lol

I'm still having fun, even if I did find Chapter 4 to be a slog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom