• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I have been playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2 nearly nonstop since release. The combat is probably my favorite thing about it. Collecting blades was fun at first, but now that I have a decent collection, getting anymore basically doesn't happen and opening new cores is now a chore rather than exciting.

The field skill mechanic I'm mixed on. It adds incentive to collect blades, give them attention, and revisit areas you've been before. But it's also really annoying to have to fiddle with your team compositions every time I come across one in an attempt to pass it. I'd have preferred that the requirements were increased but it takes all blades into account. It is puzzle-like in terms of team building though, requiring each member to have a fair share of blades at their disposal, so I can't knock it entirely. A minor gripe.

The voice acting has been okay. Rex sounds likable when he isn't yelling/screaming. Seriously, it sounds like they recorded the actor practicing sounds and just put them in any scene that he cries out. He's impossible to take seriously when mad. Pyra's voice is still great to me, along with Jin and Malos. The nopon voices are hilarious, Muimui's voice is especially just... lol. The Tirkins though... it just looks really off the few times they get a speaking role.

The story I'm mixed on. Honestly it gets in the way of what I want to do most, going wherever I want with who I want. And while Rex is generally adorable with what he says, at other times the plot's progression is resting entirely on his one-note character's decision making. Nia being a part of Torna and then suddenly with Rex, quietly goes on by without much suspicion. Rex has the opportunity to save the world a lot of trouble by killing someone? Nah, let's put many more innocent lives in danger just because we need conflict to repeat itself later. Plenty of tropes here as well. Sudden power ups or unmentioned greater weapons or forms. Which is a shame because I actually like the blade and human relationship concept, even though it becomes really convoluted and blurred the further in the story you get, lessening it's meaning for me personally.

Most of the time I'm just hunting for unique monsters in the various areas, I play it more like a Monster Hunter game. :laugh:

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
When did anything in the article imply that? All I saw was that Capcom is looking into bringing more ports (and I would hope more new games too).
That didn't really state anything about no Monster Hunter Switch. More that they wanted to bring past games from previous non-Nintendo systems over. Breath of Fire collection & Megaman Battle Network collection Plz.
Im sure I heard Capcom say they have no plans for the switch when talking about MHXX before somewhere.

I know im overly salty but I just want Capcom to know just how much people want that game on switch and idk what excuse they are gonna give. Id love to import it but I understand little to no Japanese and doing a mission would be hard if I dont understand a thing and Japanese is the only languge its set on

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
>Mega Beedrill is my last Pokémon versus a Nidoking, an Abamasnow and Hydreigon
>Beedrill beats Nidoking with Drill Run, Abamasnow with Poison Jab
>Hail is on the field
>accidently uses Poison Jab on Hydreigon, doesn't kill
>Hydreigon uses Fire Blast but misses
>crisis avert--
>hail finishes both of our Pokémon
Abomasnow: Get icced dummy.

D

Deleted member

Im sure I heard Capcom say they have no plans for the switch when talking about MHXX before somewhere.

I know im overly salty but I just want Capcom to know just how much people want that game on switch and idk what excuse they are gonna give. Id love to import it but I understand little to no Japanese and doing a mission would be hard if I dont understand a thing and Japanese is the only languge its set on
Capcom never said anything like that except not to expect MHXX outside Japan or Monster Hunter World on the Switch. Remember that they were the ones that gave Nintendo the suggestion to put in more RAM on their system which Nintendo did. Aside from that, MHXX is by far the worst selling Monster Hunter game on a Nintendo console and considering that it is just an updated version of Monster Hunter 4, it's not a big loss.

Beside, Capcom is putting forth a considerable amount of effort into their Switch outputs. We got Ultra Street Fighter II (which sold well), we're getting Mega Man 11, we're getting a new Ace Attorney game, we have ports of Resident Evil Revelations 1 and 2, we're getting ports of Mega Man, Mega Man X, and Street Fighter games, and I guarantee that an original Monster Hunter for the Switch is coming.

There's good reasons why Japanese third-parties are flocking to the Switch. It's a handheld-console hybrid that first perfectly into Japan's mobile gaming environment and offers a more flexible environment to develop games than the PS4 or Xbox One.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Well I mean, since I've spoiled myself on about everything anyway and it's free, uh.

ChikoLad ChikoLad

*EDIT* Crud I had an image gimme a sec. Technical difficulties!

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well I mean, since I've spoiled myself on about everything anyway and it's free, uh.

ChikoLad ChikoLad

*EDIT* Crud I had an image gimme a sec. Technical difficulties!
No need to...Doki Doki Panic.

That was terrible I'm sorry.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So I started Fire Emblem Fates Conquest.

And I chose Hard/Casual.

This is weird.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Comcast is dropping out of bidding a deal with Fox. So now Dinsey pretty much has little to no competition.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Capcom never said anything like that except not to expect MHXX outside Japan or Monster Hunter World on the Switch. Remember that they were the ones that gave Nintendo the suggestion to put in more RAM on their system which Nintendo did. Aside from that, MHXX is by far the worst selling Monster Hunter game on a Nintendo console and considering that it is just an updated version of Monster Hunter 4, it's not a big loss.

Beside, Capcom is putting forth a considerable amount of effort into their Switch outputs. We got Ultra Street Fighter II (which sold well), we're getting Mega Man 11, we're getting a new Ace Attorney game, we have ports of Resident Evil Revelations 1 and 2, we're getting ports of Mega Man, Mega Man X, and Street Fighter games, and I guarantee that an original Monster Hunter for the Switch is coming.

There's good reasons why Japanese third-parties are flocking to the Switch. It's a handheld-console hybrid that first perfectly into Japan's mobile gaming environment and offers a more flexible environment to develop games than the PS4 or Xbox One.
But I literaly just read a tweet that said "we have no plans to localize MHXX at this moment" as if that wasnt vague enough

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So I started Fire Emblem Fates Conquest.

And I chose Hard/Casual.

This is weird.
Effie strong. Effie kill. Nobody live.
Benny tanky. Benny tank. Nobody hurt.
All the siblings are good but not as inherently broken like Takumi and Ryoma, Leo really wants Sorcerer and Xander is a great mobile tank but he wishes he had more speed(if you're using DLC, the Lodestar class makes him a monster).
Odin is trash unless you reclass him to Samurai or Dread Fighter.

And reminder to use the Hero of Justice

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Effie strong. Effie kill. Nobody live.
Benny tanky. Benny tank. Nobody hurt.
All the siblings are good but not as inherently broken like Takumi and Ryoma, Leo really wants Sorcerer and Xander is a great mobile tank but he wishes he had more speed(if you're using DLC, the Lodestar class makes him a monster).
Odin is trash unless you reclass him to Samurai or Dread Fighter.

And reminder to use the Hero of Justice
Odin might be terrible.

But I'm stil gonna use him.

Because I'm THAT guy.

Ivander

Smash Legend
No no no. MHXX is not an updated version of Monster Hunter 4. MHXX is the updated version of Monster Hunter X/Cross, also known as Monster Hunter Generations outside of Japan.
And the reason why MHXX is the worst selling MH on a Nintendo console is because it was already out on 3DS in Japan, so of frickin' course it wasn't going to sell well when it was already released on a handheld that many people already have. But I can bet you it would be a different story had MHXX come out for Switch outside of Japan where MHXX hasn't been released yet. Which sucks cause we may not be able to fight against two of the coolest new monsters ever made for Monster Hunter and "the" leader of the Hunter Killing "Deviant" monsters.
Odin might be terrible.

Because I'm THAT guy.
If you have Dread Fighter scroll, turn him into a Dread Fighter. It's easily one of the best classes for him and makes him a character who can wield Swords, Axes and Daggers and be pretty resistant to magic.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
No no no. MHXX is not an updated version of Monster Hunter 4. MHXX is the updated version of Monster Hunter X/Cross, also known as Monster Hunter Generations outside of Japan.
And the reason why MHXX is the worst selling MH on a Nintendo console is because it was already out on 3DS in Japan, so of frickin' course it wasn't going to sell well when it was already released on a handheld that many people already have. But I can bet you it would be a different story had MHXX come out for Switch outside of Japan where MHXX hasn't been released yet. Which sucks cause we may not be able to fight against two of the coolest new monsters ever made for Monster Hunter and "the" leader of the Hunter Killing "Deviant" monsters.

If you have Dread Fighter scroll, turn him into a Dread Fighter. It's easily one of the best classes for him and makes him a character who can wield Swords, Axes and Daggers and be pretty resistant to magic.
Is that the Jet propelled monster? Oh Valfalk,God that thing is so good looking

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Odin might be terrible.

Because I'm THAT guy.
At least reclass him then.
One thing you learn after playing Conquest 4 times is that magical damage either comes from Grandmaster Leo or the Shining Bow.

Also, while not a priority, when you can, reclass Camilla to Wyvern Lord, Bolt Axe is better for her than any Tome due to her low Mag and the added Def is just too good to pass up

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Valfalk. But that is it's JP name. It doesn't have an official English name yet. Much like how Zinogre in Japan was Jinouga.
I want XX on switch so bad so I can take a picture of it and edit it with Jet fuel cant melt steel weapons while I die to said monster

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
At least reclass him then.
One thing you learn after playing Conquest 4 times is that magical damage either comes from Grandmaster Leo or the Shining Bow.

Also, while not a priority, when you can, reclass Camilla to Wyvern Lord, Bolt Axe is better for her than any Tome due to her low Mag and the added Def is just too good to pass up
Only thing I would say about that is that, unless you don't plan to use Heart Seals much for other things, keep Camilla as a Malig Knight until she picks up all the skills from it, because she learns skills that go on to be really useful as a Wyvern Lord.

If you don't plan to use many Heart Seals though and are willing to spend three on Camilla then that's the other option.

D

Deleted member

Anyone know how long USUM have been out for?
As of today, twenty five days Ultra Sun and Ultra moon has been released. And people are already finding tons of shiny pokemon in the Ultra Wormhole.

D

Deleted member

Only thing I would say about that is that, unless you don't plan to use Heart Seals much for other things, keep Camilla as a Malig Knight until she picks up all the skills from it, because she learns skills that go on to be really useful as a Wyvern Lord.

If you don't plan to use many Heart Seals though and are willing to spend three on Camilla then that's the other option.
I'd say only wait for Savage Blow on Lv5, Trample is a Lv15 skill and she can do much more work in those ten levels as a W.Lord.
Generally speaking, the Lv15 skills aren't that worth accounting for since they only come in the late-game

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Finally read everything about Doki Doki! Literature Club.

It ****ed me up, but now I get the memes and that's all what it matters.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Was feeling bored and finally got Photoshop working again, so here's a freshly baked DDLC meme.

Doki Doki Forces - Join the Anti-Bulli Revolution

dokidokiforces.png

D

Deleted member

I hear a lot of people say Mother 3 should be on the Switch. I am not sure if they will do that or not. It would be pretty cool to see it remade in the Switch. At the same time, it seems a bit random for something like that to go on the Switch. Is there a reason why it never left Japan?

Also this thread is close to two thousand pages, keep up the good work everyone!

No need to...Doki Doki Panic.

That was terrible I'm sorry.
A Super Mario Brothers Two reference here? Ahh nice one!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom