• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

Don't forget to do your part in saving Net Neutrality.

But I'm sure y'all have heard enough by now. Apparently I can't do jack **** because I'm in PR so please do something guys.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Net Neutrality is something very important to me, for sure. I seriously hope things end up being ok...I'm nervous for Thursday tbh.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
running a pedophile was a very unorthodox move for the GOP, but I'm sure it payed off. now to take a big sip of coffee and read the news

Ivander

Smash Legend
In light of a whole bunch of world happenings, the next Chapter of the FEH Manga has arrived. And....:laugh:
Can we have that Feh skin for our castle too? Either way, Narcian gave me a good laugh. That's one way of slowly making a villain a fan-favourite to justify making them a recruitable character despite of some of the things they try to do in their game.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I think the Beta for Arika's new fighter is out, I dunno if it's public though.

I wonder how many more fighters they'll be able to get going. Blair was shown off not too long ago, So that makes like 8 fighters already. I would say that Pullum, Cracker Jack, and Sharon(I think that's the name of the red haired woman) would be good choices.

Chrono.

I wonder how many more fighters they'll be able to get going. Blair was shown off not too long ago, So that makes like 8 fighters already. I would say that Pullum, Cracker Jack, and Sharon(I think that's the name of the red haired woman) would be good choices.
Yeah it's out and it's public.

It's kinda goofy but so were the EX games.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

I was playing some of it on my PS4 before and after dinner, and I think Arika have a pretty solid foundation for a good fighting game, but I feel like it needs more to it, as well as being a bit more beginner friendly. The gameplay feels much faster than something like SFV, and the Gougi system is a neat mechanic. I'm also surprised it's actually playable in Australia, let alone other players... Taking a small break because I was losing focus against a Shirase player...

My main gripes would probably consist of the often inconsistent lobby wait times, need for a tutorial mode so people can learn about how the game works and understand the Gougi system a little better.

Other than that, I'd say I'm interested, but I want to see more characters in the game, not just those from the EX games - maybe some original characters thrown in to get some new blood for this game. I'll be sure to keep playing for as long as the beta lasts, which is quite a while, almost until Christmas.

And for those keeping track at home, we apparently got three new characters for DBFZ, and to no surprise, it's some Super characters: Beerus, Hit and Goku Black (SS Rosé and Zamasu appears to be an assist character for Black). https://gematsu.com/2017/12/dragon-ball-fighterz-adds-beerus-hit-goku-black
Looking good. Hopefully we'll see maybe one or two last character reveals in January to get a roster around 25 characters. Maybe the first DLC character reveal; could most likely be Broly at this rate, and maybe add a Universal Survival tribute in Kefla or Jiren. Or suddenly Luffy out of nowhere to hop on the Guest Fighter hype train.

Chrono.

I was playing some of it on my PS4 before and after dinner, and I think Arika have a pretty solid foundation for a good fighting game, but I feel like it needs more to it, as well as being a bit more beginner friendly. The gameplay feels much faster than something like SFV, and the Gougi system is a neat mechanic. I'm also surprised it's actually playable in Australia, let alone other players... Taking a small break because I was losing focus against a Shirase player...

My main gripes would probably consist of the often inconsistent lobby wait times, need for a tutorial mode so people can learn about how the game works and understand the Gougi system a little better.

Other than that, I'd say I'm interested, but I want to see more characters in the game, not just those from the EX games - maybe some original characters thrown in to get some new blood for this game. I'll be sure to keep playing for as long as the beta lasts, which is quite a while, almost until Christmas.

And for those keeping track at home, we apparently got three new characters for DBFZ, and to no surprise, it's some Super characters: Beerus, Hit and Goku Black (SS Rosé and Zamasu appears to be an assist character for Black). https://gematsu.com/2017/12/dragon-ball-fighterz-adds-beerus-hit-goku-black
Looking good. Hopefully we'll see maybe one or two last character reveals in January to get a roster around 25 characters. Maybe the first DLC character reveal; could most likely be Broly at this rate, and maybe add a Universal Survival tribute in Kefla or Jiren. Or suddenly Luffy out of nowhere to hop on the Guest Fighter hype train.
Neat, now that the arcade icons were proven true after all...

Fused Zamasu/Vegito Blue/SSJ4 Gogeta for DLC plz.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm gonna guess if there's one more character, it'll be Android 21 as a playable fighter, unless she's strictly a boss, but Ram in Xrd is playable too. Broly, Bardock, Kefla, and Janemba would be prime DLC choices given their popularity and/or relevance. Since there's supposed to be 8, maybe Videl, Uub and Roshi can join that list.

I'm sure some people would want Jiren, but I don't know how many moves he'd really have. Same for Kefla outside of like 4 moves, but the normals can be taken from the two characters that she's made up of.

Vegito would be a great choice too, either as playable or as a secret Akuma style boss.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I'm gonna guess if there's one more character, it'll be Android 21 as a playable fighter, unless she's strictly a boss, but Ram in Xrd is playable too. Broly, Bardock, Kefla, and Janemba would be prime DLC choices given their popularity and/or relevance. Since there's supposed to be 8, maybe Videl, Uub and Roshi can join that list.

I'm sure some people would want Jiren, but I don't know how many moves he'd really have. Same for Kefla outside of like 4 moves, but the normals can be taken from the two characters that she's made up of.

Vegito would be a great choice too, either as playable or as a secret Akuma style boss.
Yeah I'm definitely thinking Android 21 is the last character.

Pretty much all bosses in Arc games have been playable (not counting Arcade versions which some times didn't have them playable, much like the Arcade version of -SIGN- didn't have Ram), she'll probably be an in game unlockable tho.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
DBFZ News: The scans for the news characters are here!

Imo, they all look sick! Also, Goku Black render is meme-worthy.

D

Deleted member

Why isn't Goku Black black? I'm really tired of DB whitewashing every single one of their characters tbh :/

Chrono.

Really glad to see Merged Zamasu isn't part of Black's moveset. Gives me hope that he'll be DLC down the line.
Why isn't Goku Black black? I'm really tired of DB whitewashing every single one of their characters tbh :/
This reminds me how they gave Goku darker skin in GT for literally no reason.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Well...just cleared the Champion's Ballad...

I'd say it was definitely worth it...gives the player a lot to do once they start

The extra shrines were quite fun as well, very clever by design, not necessarily the most challenging, one of them I consider one of the easiest shrines I've ever done, but still having 16 extra shrines added in the game, on top of the challenges done to access them definitely gives more meat to this already content rich game...I also appreciated Kass's involvement in this DLC storyline, he was already one of my favourite characters in the game, though it was odd that at the start of the sidequest he seemed somewhat unfamiliar with Link even though I cleared all of his Shrine Quests in game beforehand...

The Divine Beast was pretty interesting as well, still fairly short as far as Zelda dungeons go, which was a little dissappointing...but like the shrines it included some really clever puzzles...The Sheikah Monk boss was honestly one of the most fun boss fights in the game, for sure...I hope that if BotW gets more DLC packs it'll include more boss fights like this as well...
The Master Cycle Zero is pretty neat, though I don't have much incentive to really use it since, y'know I'm now over 230 hours into this playthrough...

Chrono.

Didn't see people talk about this.
Seems like DBFZ is indeed getting their own spin on the Instant Kill/Astral Heat mechanic from Guilty Gear/Blazblue. They're called Dramatic Finishers. Iconic scenes from the anime and manga will play if certain characters fight and certain conditions are met.

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
DBFZ News: The scans for the news characters are here!

Imo, they all look sick! Also, Goku Black render is meme-worthy.
He's even got the scythe. It's over.
This reminds me how they gave Goku darker skin in GT for literally no reason.
Dragon Ball: Path to Power does the same thing. It's based on his look in the manga and artwork by Akira Toriyama where he's basically a dark-skinned individual:
Every page in the Dragon Ball: The Complete Illustrations book with all original AT artwork shows him with brown skin. You could technically say it's the anime that whitewashed him.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I need the Hit trailer now!

Because he’s evil Goku! Someone just swapped bodies with a Goku from an alternate timeline!

D

Deleted member

I got pranked. How convenient.
Don't forget to do your part in saving Net Neutrality.

But I'm sure y'all have heard enough by now. Apparently I can't do jack **** because I'm in PR so please do something guys.
I wish I can save Net Neutrality too, I do not want to pay every time I use the internet so I can post messages into SmashBoards. I hope Net Neutrality never gets removed, hopefully lots of people do their part on saving Net Neutrality.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Honestly, the only reason I can think of for people to be against Net Neutrality is "lol get owned libs", and those people are the same types of idiots to go "eating raw onions to not be trans" "Eating bugs to own feminism" and more. Anyone against Net Neutrality should be ashamed of themselves

D

Deleted member

Road to Ruin is actually pretty fun, the maps so far have all been well designed, nothing special but none of them have been stupidly designed in a way that makes it look like they were never playtested. *Cough*The Last Promise*cough*
Writing has some flaws but it's not bad by any means, I just wish they didn't do the "oh man, this guy is TOTALLY not evil and is TOTALLY not going to try to kill your group ;^)"
Still leagues better than Fates
I need the Hit trailer now!

Because he’s evil Goku! Someone just swapped bodies with a Goku from an alternate timeline!
Calling him Black because he's evil is, I dunno, kinda racist? :/
Pra. I know it was a ****ty joke but it was a joke
The only joke here is your bust
Thanks for the compliment though, I do my best to ****post the most I can

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
As punishment Sailor Moon is now banned. Are you happy now?

Road to Ruin is actually pretty fun, the maps so far have all been well designed, nothing special but none of them have been stupidly designed in a way that makes it look like they were never playtested. *Cough*The Last Promise*cough*
Writing has some flaws but it's not bad by any means, I just wish they didn't do the "oh man, this guy is TOTALLY not evil and is TOTALLY not going to try to kill your group ;^)"
Still leagues better than Fates

Calling him Black because he's evil is, I dunno, kinda racist? :/

The only joke here is your bust
Thanks for the compliment though, I do my best to ****post the most I can
Anything can be racist if you try hard enough.

Chrono.

Xenoblade 2 is gonna be getting some free bug fixes and QOL updates next week.

Among them is an easy mode for Tiger Tiger. Thank the lord.

D

Deleted member

Is anyone going to talk about hoping for a new F - Zero game?
Xenoblade 2 is gonna be getting some free bug fixes and QOL updates next week.

Among them is an easy mode for Tiger Tiger. Thank the lord.
Are they going to fix the Pyra suicide glitch? What other glitches do you think they will fix?

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
The current plan for my DBFZ team is Yamcha, Kid Buu and Hit.

It shall be known as Team What the F***

D

Deleted member

Jorin, one of the playable units in Road to Ruin, is like a magnet for bad luck, despite being a Sword Cavalier, he's been getting hit by axes the most out of all my units, and as if that wasn't enough, he just missed a 94% hit and got killed by a 35% counter.
I miss Heroes's lack of RNG already.
Also, Str seems to be the most unpopular stat to level up among my units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom