• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh yes, I should also have said that,
- The annoying, and I mean ANNOYING, fanbase
- The Call of Dutisation of the series
- Herpes Warriors.
You see, it's things like this that make me kinda glad Metroid hasn't had a proper non-spinoff game in a while.

:upsidedown:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
- The Call of Dutisation of the series (like seriously, we had at least 1 Zelda game per year since 2011, and everyone is fine with that ???)
- The fact it is beyond tiresome to always see Zelda being ranked as the best Nintendo franchise, and even the best VG franchise overall,

are other reasons which me becoming an ex-Zelda fan, especially since Herpes Warriors's 1st annoucement back in 2013 which made me sick to death, among others.

Though I also do think it is maybe not a franchise which doesn't appeal to me anymore.
The Call of Dutisation?
Herpes Warriors? Really?

Y'know, half of those games were just remasters right? WindWaker HD, Ocarina/Majora Mask 3D, Twilight Princess HD. Does that really count? Hyrule warriors is a spin-off developed by a third party studio, and the rest were developed by smaller teams. Sure there's been a game to come out every year since 2011 (ignoring 2012), but you can't just look at it like that, you gotta look at the context.

Hell even Call of Duty isn't bad because those games are developed by 3 different studios now. Releasing products annually shouldn't be an issue unless theirs a direct negative impact to it (i.e Assassin's Creed).

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
- The Call of Dutisation of the series (like seriously, we had at least 1 Zelda game per year since 2011, and everyone is fine with that ???)
- The fact it is beyond tiresome to always see Zelda being ranked as the best Nintendo franchise, and even the best VG franchise overall,

are other reasons which me becoming an ex-Zelda fan, especially since Herpes Warriors's 1st annoucement back in 2013 which made me sick to death, among others.

Though I also do think it is maybe not a franchise which doesn't appeal to me anymore.
1. What makes Zelda fans more annoying than pretty much any other VG fanbase out there? Smash? Pokemon? Even Metroid?
2. A lot of these games were remakes or spin-offs...its not like we're getting a full fledged Zelda game every single year with no extra work or thought put in, just to rake in sales numbers...by this logic you must absolutely despise anything with 'Mario' in its name...
3. Why is this so bad? A lot of people love the Zelda franchise and a lot of these games, while admittedly have followed the same formula since OoT, have proven to be good games in their own right...it is a franchise with a long history and one that has on numerous occasions helped push the gaming industry forward...so it isn't exactly unjustified...

"Herpes Warriors"

And this is my cue to no longer take you seriously anymore...

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Just love how the weather is coincidently nice for Valentine's Day.

Glad that day is going well.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
That's the day after Valentine's day.

Especially when everything goes 50% off in stores
or if you are like my store, you put away everything right after the day after the holiday. I wasnt even able to get discount halloween candy because they put christmas stuff up so fast

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I would go for some chocolates myselfes if I want to.

But I don't want to make my rump any bigger. Then again, there's the heart pizza tonight...

D

Deleted member

Uuuuugh, I just want school to end so I can get on with the love stuff.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I would go for some chocolates myselfes if I want to.

But I don't want to make my rump any bigger. Then again, there's the heart pizza tonight...
You're underestimating one of your hypnotizers, the booty! Watch in awe as your significant other will suddenly do the dishes for you when you 'accidentally' drop a pencil! Be amazed at how he'll want to go shopping with you! All this for 5.99!

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Just love how the weather is coincidently nice for Valentine's Day.

Glad that day is going well.
But the weather here was ****

• The whole sky was pink around 6:50 AM
  • Tornado watch around the SE Texas area
  • Heavy rainfall
  • Overcast with no Sun
That last one was my favorite but good weather is something impossible here in Houston today

There you go, pal. In fact, everyone here gets a piece for Valentines. My treat to Nintenzone.
>It has Coconuts in it

You monster. But thank you.

Valentines day isnt about love my man, its about the leftover chocolate
I thought it was about salt and sadness like New Years.

Besides, we got too many holidays with candy.

Easter
Halloween
Valentine's Day
Christmas
St. Patrick's Day
And my favorite President's day

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
or if you are like my store, you put away everything right after the day after the holiday. I wasnt even able to get discount halloween candy because they put christmas stuff up so fast
Every store has been doing that recently

When I worked at Walmart, I found out that the reason people are doing that now is because they get more money sending the product back to the company than trying to sell it for a discount.

That's why if a product is broken and you ask for a discount, Walmart will say "No" then claims it out. Because it's worth more to Walmart broken then the discounted price you give them for it

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm still in absolute shock Xenora made my Tweet a part of her Valentine's poem. All because of a certain special someone.

You're underestimating one of your hypnotizers, the booty! Watch in awe as your significant other will suddenly do the dishes for you when you 'accidentally' drop a pencil! Be amazed at how he'll want to go shopping with you! All this for 5.99!
Oh ****, how did you know about that?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Uuuuugh, I just want school to end so I can get on with the love stuff.
All I want is candy:034:
Guess steal my moms candy
Every store has been doing that recently

When I worked at Walmart, I found out that the reason people are doing that now is because they get more money sending the product back to the company than trying to sell it for a discount.

That's why if a product is broken and you ask for a discount, Walmart will say "No" then claims it out. Because it's worth more to Walmart broken then the discounted price you give them for it
Well Ill be damned, I didnt know that

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I bought a girl something for Valentine's day but when I asked her for lunch and she said yes, she stopped the conversation by not replying before a set time and date or location.

I wish I bought her chocolate so I could just eat it.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
As someone who's outside the Zelda fan-loop and hasn't played any of the classics, I think I'll share my opinion on Zelda.

The series does strike me as a little overhyped due to the sheer amount of love it gets, but as long as the fans aren't dissing anyone else because of it then it's not really a problem. You guys do you, I only wish the games I like got that kind of love.

I certainly don't mind you guys getting a ton of games, I still have a ton of my own games I get to play so why can't you have yours? I mean, as a Pokemon fan I'd be a hypocrite if I judged that anyway, LOL. And I don't even think it crossed my mind to consider the remasters as part of any kind of quota. TPHD at least certainly doesn't take anything away from Nintendo's offerings since that was Tantalus' job (I look forward to seeing what Tantalus is gonna do for Nintendo after Rime and Sonic Mania are done, BTW.)

I think Hyrule Warriors looked kind of cool in gameplay videos and probably would have bought it if I'd had a Wii U earlier. Now I think now I'll wait to see what roster FE Warriors has since I'm more familiar with Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates than I am the Zelda games in HW, but I have nothing against it.

But then, I'm actually excited for BotW, not simply because it has a Zelda pedigree but because there's a ton of stuff I know I want to try in a video game in general, most of which seems to have been new additions to BotW. Oh yeah, and the artstyle is pretty sweet too, I'm a sucker for cel shading that really makes the characters look almost hand drawn. Since I'm not really that picky about voice acting options or FPS and nothing from the DLC really seems like it was left out of the game, I don't really have anything to complain about yet.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Oh ****, how did you know about that?
Because it's scientifically proven that males are always attracted to the rump since we were all monkies.

Inb4 "evolution doesn't exist" detractors.

You got that right. But that can be an issue for finding fitting pants.

Not that I'm fat (I'm fairly well built), but a bigger rump would be too much for those pants.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
If your partner doesn't give you the List Of Jericho as a present today, she/he doesn't love you.

#fact

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Because it's scientifically proven that males are always attracted to the rump since we were all monkies.

Not that I'm fat (I'm fairly well built), but a bigger rump would be too much for those pants.
But it doesn't.

It doesn't explain how trading can evolve a Pokemon

Checkmate Pokeist

If your partner doesn't give you the List Of Jericho as a present today, she/he doesn't love you.

#fact
Did I do it right?
IMG_20170213_212326.jpg

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

But Wonder Woman, that's what boyfriends are for :p
I never tell for it so it doesn't work.

I want my money back Anna
ha, gaaaaaaaay

D

Deleted member

All I want is candy:034:
Guess steal my moms candy

Well Ill be damned, I didnt know that
Ironically, we don't have boxes of chocolate around Valentine's Day, only Christmas. I want some though.

Also, late reply, but some people yesterday were wondering why Valentine's day is about love. The reason why is because it originally started as a Roman festevival celebrating fertility. In this festival men would get naked and whip women with goat skin.(Of course, this wasn't known as the same holiday, but eventually in the Roman Empire it was declared as Valentine's day. But by then the traditions probably had changed anyway.)

Of course, there's way more to it then that when it comes to the origin of Valentine's day(it's complicated) but that's part of how it came to be.

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I gotta say honestly, I've never played any Zelda game from start to finish .-. They just never grabbed my attention for long enough, and I have a few Zelda games. BotW looks like a lot of fun. Its got the open world of Skyrim and adds mobility. I absolutely love mobility. The shield boarding and the paragliding are gonna make the land really fun to travel across and I haven't been excited for any Zelda game ever, until now. I'm actually going to buy the Season Pass (Just for the shirt >_>). The $20 tag is a fair price considering DLCs for other games can become really expensive.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
But Wonder Woman, that's what boyfriends are for :p
Yep. To give you support and help procreate the human race.

I wonder how our fellow apes feel while they only got Mating Season for their special days. :laugh:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
"Herpes Warriors" isn't even creative

That's like, a middle school insult.

Status