• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yep. To give you support and help procreate the human race.

I wonder how our fellow apes feel while they only got Mating Season for their special days. :laugh:
"Honey, why you no longer look me in eye when we snoo-snoo?"
"Herpes Warriors" isn't even creative

That's like, a middle school insult.
SO'S YOU'RE MOOOOOOM!

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
To add to the Zelda discussion...

http://nintendoeverything.com/aonuma-says-2d-zelda-game-for-switch-is-definitely-a-possibility/

Possibly another game for Final Smash Gamer to boycott.
I hope it brings back the Minish, even if we can't shrink anymore.

I miss those guys. :^)
As someone who's outside the Zelda fan-loop and hasn't played any of the classics, I think I'll share my opinion on Zelda.

The series does strike me as a little overhyped due to the sheer amount of love it gets, but as long as the fans aren't dissing anyone else because of it then it's not really a problem. You guys do you, I only wish the games I like got that kind of love.

I certainly don't mind you guys getting a ton of games, I still have a ton of my own games I get to play so why can't you have yours? I mean, as a Pokemon fan I'd be a hypocrite if I judged that anyway, LOL. And I don't even think it crossed my mind to consider the remasters as part of any kind of quota. TPHD at least certainly doesn't take anything away from Nintendo's offerings since that was Tantalus' job (I look forward to seeing what Tantalus is gonna do for Nintendo after Rime and Sonic Mania are done, BTW.)

I think Hyrule Warriors looked kind of cool in gameplay videos and probably would have bought it if I'd had a Wii U earlier. Now I think now I'll wait to see what roster FE Warriors has since I'm more familiar with Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates than I am the Zelda games in HW, but I have nothing against it.

But then, I'm actually excited for BotW, not simply because it has a Zelda pedigree but because there's a ton of stuff I know I want to try in a video game in general, most of which seems to have been new additions to BotW. Oh yeah, and the artstyle is pretty sweet too, I'm a sucker for cel shading that really makes the characters look almost hand drawn. Since I'm not really that picky about voice acting options or FPS and nothing from the DLC really seems like it was left out of the game, I don't really have anything to complain about yet.
BotW is a very awesome game to start Zelda with.
Whenever your done, A Link Between Worlds is reccomended to try out the 2D Zelda's. It's great since its not linear and is very quick to start getting into, unlike most 3D Zeldas (except botw yay!)

When I played Hyrule warriors, I only actually played ALBW, OOT, MC and LA but had no trouble with seeing so many characters from games I never played before. (and OOT was represented, aside from Link out of the ones I played.

Granted, that may have been because I also read the Hyrule Historia and listened to all the major songs from every game. I never found Zelda appealing until I played ALBW, and I only did because it came with that golden-black 3DS XL I really wanted. Would have not gotten it prob if my Aqua 3DS top screen didn't crack a few months b4 holiday season so I believe it was destiny XD.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
- The Call of Dutisation of the series (like seriously, we had at least 1 Zelda game per year since 2011, and everyone is fine with that ???)
While I disagree with your opinion, I've no desire to pass judgement. I was mostly curious if you were right about this.

Turns out no, although depending on your definition of "one Zelda game every year" you're close.

So here's all the main series releases from 1998 onwards:

1998 Ocarina of Time
2000 Majora's Mask
2001 Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages
2002 Four Swords, The Wind Waker
2004 Four Swords Adventures, The Minish Cap
2006 Twilight Princess
2007 Phantom Hourglass
2009 Spirit Tracks
2011 Skyward Sword
2013 A Link Between Worlds
2015 Tri Force Heroes
2017 Breath of the Wild

That's roughly every other year, with a few annual spurts. I don't typically include the Four Swords games or Tri Force Adventures in a list of primary Zelda releases as those feel more like spinoffs to me, but call it generosity.

Also be aware that the console and handheld releases fill in each others' gaps; console-wise, there was a five year dry spell between TP and SS, and a six year gap between SS and BotW.

But wait, you say. What about the HD and 3D re-releases? Absolutely. They've been especially prone to re-releasing and spinning off their games recently, although that's not news as of at least 2002. Here's that list with those games added in, and Hyrule Warriors as well:

1998 Ocarina of Time
2000 Majora's Mask
2001 Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages
2002 Four Swords, The Wind Waker, Ocarina of Time Master Quest
2004 Four Swords Adventures, The Minish Cap
2006 Twilight Princess
2007 Phantom Hourglass
2009 Spirit Tracks
2011 Skyward Sword, Ocarina of Time 3D
2013 A Link Between Worlds, The Wind Waker HD
2014 Hyrule Warriors
2015 Tri Force Heroes, Majora's Mask 3D
2016 Twilight Princess HD
2017 Breath of the Wild

And yeah, that's a lot more full.

But if you're going to talk **** about annual releases, it helps to know what it is you're comparing it to. So let's have a look at Call of Duty for reference:

2005 Call of Duty 2
2006 Call of Duty 3
2007 Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
2008 Call of Duty: World at War
2009 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
2010 Call of Duty: Black Ops
2011 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
2012 Call of Duty: Black Ops II
2013 Call of Duty: Ghosts
2014 Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
2015 Call of Duty: Black Ops III
2016 Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

That's a mainline game every year since 2005, with some leeway for branching off into multiple sub-franchises (Modern Warfare, Black Ops, etc.). No remakes, no re-releases. Every year, a mainline game. Typically ported to every console of the generation, to boot. That hews closer to the first list.

Now if you'd like to complain about a new game every other year, be my guest. That is after all a lot of games.

Sidenote:

- The fact it is beyond tiresome to always see Zelda being ranked as the best Nintendo franchise, and even the best VG franchise overall
Let's have a look at some Metacritic scores now, shall we?

1998 Ocarina of Time 99
2000 Majora's Mask 95
2002 Four Swords 85
The Wind Waker 96
2004 Four Swords Adventures 86
The Minish Cap 89
2006 Twilight Princess 95
2007 Phantom Hourglass 90
2009 Spirit Tracks 87
2011 Skyward Sword 93
2013 A Link Between Worlds 91
2015 Tri Force Heroes 73

The Oracle games lacked a score.

Run the numbers, and that's an average of 89 for the franchise. If you drop Tri Force, that raises to 91. Most publishers would kill babies to get a 17-year critical streak like that. Orphan babies.

None of this means you have to like the franchise, of course. But with evidence as it is, I would counterpoint that it's earned its place.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Oh yes, I should also have said that,
- The annoying, and I mean ANNOYING, fanbase
> Is on Smashboards, a forum for Smash Bros fans
> Doesn't like Zelda because of an "annoying fanbase"

green text in 2017 LUL

- The Call of Dutisation of the series (like seriously, we had at least 1 Zelda game per year since 2011, and everyone is fine with that ???)
People who like something tend to want more of it. Shocking I know. And making the series have an entry every year isn't a bad thing so long as the overall quality remains high. It's also only annual when you include spin-offs and remakes (that people actually wanted).

- The fact it is beyond tiresome to always see Zelda being ranked as the best Nintendo franchise, and even the best VG franchise overall,
It's not like the series is actually revolutionary or something. You don't constantly get new entries over 30 years with nothing to show for it.

Herpes Warriors
Though I also do think it is maybe not a franchise which doesn't appeal to me anymore.
I guess we got to a proper point in the end at least.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
But the bonobos though.

Aren't they an exception?
Maybe. And they are one of the few animal species that are all about the LGBT, just minus the T though.

Except dolphins.
Those ****ers **** people as in actual people
Agreed. I used to think they were cute until I heard that fact.

Now I hate dolphins as a species.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Bonobo's aren't exactly a great animal species.

More or less the female of the species are in control, and they will bite the penis off of any male that doesn't completely conform to their will so they have no chance of reproducing.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm not a booty person.

I like upper level over the lower level; Life over Hometown; Orihime over Rukia.
For me, I'm not that picky.

I like someone full of life while some hometown isn't too bad. So double the package would be enough for an expansion pak.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Good grief... what has been going on here while I was gone? All I see are redfeatherraven redfeatherraven and his amazing gifs and breakfast making skills, ranting about Zelda, chocolate, poems, and uh... animal talk?

Well, at least this Valentine's Day isn't completely worthless (like I said, it's just an ordinary day). :p

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

More or less the female of the species are in control, and they will bite the penis off of any male that doesn't completely conform to their will so they have no chance of reproducing.
but...but why tho. Dont they know they could screw their kind over like that?

Oh looks like we know where we got our brains from

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Aren't lions actually super gay?

Makes you think a realistic Flipper wouldn't be a good idea
You are actually right, gay pride is a thing for those furry putties. And maybe some other species like dogs, bison, and elephants.

Yeah....

So extreme feminism do exist in the animal kingdom after all.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I gotta say honestly, I've never played any Zelda game from start to finish .-. They just never grabbed my attention for long enough, and I have a few Zelda games. BotW looks like a lot of fun. Its got the open world of Skyrim and adds mobility. I absolutely love mobility. The shield boarding and the paragliding are gonna make the land really fun to travel across and I haven't been excited for any Zelda game ever, until now. I'm actually going to buy the Season Pass (Just for the shirt >_>). The $20 tag is a fair price considering DLCs for other games can become really expensive.
It's not like that's where the mobility ends, either, that's just the awesomely fast stuff.

You've got the ability to climb all over the place. You can climb cliffs, which are nearly always obstacles in games I play. You can climb TREES. Heck, you can choose to climb a tree OR chop it down! Normally you can't do squat to a tree! And then you can choose to use the log for mobility or chop it up for firewood!

There's also horses, but I feel like the real detail with those is the sheer variety you can find and the fact that you seem to be able to use any weapon you want to while riding them. They're a nice means of getting around quickly all the same, though.

There's just so much about the game that looks smooth and custom. It's impressive to watch even if you're not super connected with Zelda, honestly.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Dolphins are ****s; they only say bad words. SpongeBob taught me that.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Wow, just like the slugs, but at least they have the choice of keeping either one of their parts.

Things gotten dark very fast.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
On the other hand, their close relatives Chimpanzees live in a vicious "patriarchal" system. An extremely aggressive group of males lead the group with the leader getting all the females

The difference being Bonobos live in an area without predators or rivals while chimps live in areas where they have to compete for food and survival.

If a predator entered a bonobo's area (Which unlike chimps they only live in one specific area of the world) they wouldn't really be able to survive

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
It's not like that's where the mobility ends, either, that's just the awesomely fast stuff.

You've got the ability to climb all over the place. You can climb cliffs, which are nearly always obstacles in games I play. You can climb TREES. Heck, you can choose to climb a tree OR chop it down! Normally you can't do squat to a tree! And then you can choose to use the log for mobility or chop it up for firewood!

There's also horses, but I feel like the real detail with those is the sheer variety you can find and the fact that you seem to be able to use any weapon you want to while riding them. They're a nice means of getting around quickly all the same, though.

There's just so much about the game that looks smooth and custom. It's impressive to watch even if you're not super connected with Zelda, honestly.
Let's not forget the makeshift catapults and the ability to make bridges out of trees. Movement is close to limitless with the only weak part being that Link probably has a mediocre jump.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Bruh.

I get it.

Legs and chest are some of my favorite parts on a gal.

But everyone is a booty person.

Everyone.
Coming from experience, I can safely confirm that.

Thus why I work out when I need to, avoiding a true apple bottom.

D

Deleted member

Aren't lions actually super gay?
There's actually been quite a few animals that have been found to be gay. Though in the case of Lions, the gay Lion pics that went viral are actually probably straight lions considering that in that region they were taken, there are female lions with manes. Still though, along Bonobos the gayest animals are by definitely Giraffes, Killer Whales, and Flamingos. Other animals that have very common homosexual tendencies are Sea Lions, Dolphins, Vampire Bats, and A LOT of insects, for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC