• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
My wallet is happy, as I now have even less regrets to boycott this Breath of the Wild game, besides the fact the director is the same who directed Skyward Sword and the lack of audio language choice.
Boycotting BotW?

Well your loss then...

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
For me, I'm still surprised that Game Grumps as a fandom.
But shhhhhhh...don't say that to anybody.:4drmario:
The Game Grumps are still that relevant? lol

Waiting for dates can be a pain in the ***.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Are you really surprised man? The Nintendo fanbase is becoming known for being whiny and ****** over the most unreasonable stuff these days, even worse then the so called Sonic fanboys, you know the ones who're annoyingly loud and complain over the stupidest ****.

If your referring to Anouma, you know he directed Twilight Princess, Wind Waker and Majora's Mask right?

So your reason for boycotting doesn't hold up if its just cause you don't like motion controls, when BoTW won't really have them.

I mean not getting the game cause you don't like the series is fine, but boycott for better reasons then I don't like the director, if it is Anouma who your referring to, cause he's been in charge of how the Zelda series develops since the N64 days.
Oh man. . .I'm not even sure who's worse between Nintendo fans and Sonic fanboys anymore. To say one is worse would be understating the other.

Seriously, the weird part of the Sonic fandom is at least avoidable assuming you don't pull a Nice Job Breaking It Hero and start parading it around as a freak show to the point that it ends up in search engines. The Sonic fandom and the Nintendo fandom are. . .I'm not sure if the word I'm looking for is "on par" or "indistinguishable."

I'm not really surprised, I just never fail to somehow be disappointed anyway.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Boycotting...a game? Just because the director made a game you didnt like and The no Other audio=no buy mentality?
Is it that big of a deal breaker?
Well, it depends of the person's expectations and of the importance of such things.
And to me, yes.

If your referring to Anouma, you know he directed Twilight Princess, Wind Waker and Majora's Mask right?

So your reason for boycotting doesn't hold up if its just cause you don't like motion controls, when BoTW won't really have them.

I mean not getting the game cause you don't like the series is fine, but boycott for better reasons then I don't like the director, if it is Anouma who your referring to, cause he's been in charge of how the Zelda series develops since the N64 days.
Aonuma is the producer, not the director.
Though he came down very low in my book anyway.

And motion controls are the least of the concerns I have with Skyward Sword.

Ivander

Smash Legend
:ohwell:

It's not really my concern if someone doesn't want to buy a game for reasons, but lately it feels like people are just mentioning boycotting a game for said reasons just for shock value or to be bold. Like it's not any of my problem, but at the same time, just seeing people boldly declare their boycott and reasons is somewhat amusing. Like I'm anticipating a "5 million copies sold! Why humanity! I don't want to live on this planet anymore!" or "1 million sold. Lol. See what happens when they don't cater to my interest. Would've definitely sold more had they catered to me." depending on what happens.

Anyway, amusement aside, you do what you want to do and I'll do what I want to do. And let it just be that. No need to be bold about a choice that isn't going to impact much. Just do you how you want to do.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Why does my post have that many likes. It was just a simple question asked out of curiosity.

Well, it depends of the person's expectations and of the importance of such things.
And to me, yes.
Alright. I personally feel you're dismissing it too early, but hey, do what you feel is right.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
That one vote for Uncle Andross. lol

And it's about time we can start this date after a long wait. Later mates!

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
And to me, yes.

I think the only person I've seen hate Aonuma more is Sean Malstrom, LOL.

Somehow against all odds he's decided to go into BotW open minded, though. He threw a bit of a fit about the Rito being "kiddy" and seems to think Aonuma has a conspiracy against Zelda, but apparently he's still kinda cautiously optimistic about BotW the last time I checked.

*EDIT* It's fine if you wanna be critical of him, though. People just usually save their passion for Sakurai or whoever's in charge of Nintendo when I watch them.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Grinding in Heroes past 20 is really a major pain...I can't understand how some people have gotten full teams of lv40 characters at this point.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
At this point the word boycotting is losing its actual meaning.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Grinding in Heroes past 20 is really a major pain...I can't understand how some people have gotten full teams of lv40 characters at this point.
Mostly it has to do with the color triangle. If there are lots of blue enemies, even a low level Green unit can beat them, especially if combined with Sharana's Rally Attack. As such, going after high level enemies with a low level unit with the advantage of the color triangle helps level up units easier.
For ranged units, it's easy as you can have a tank block the enemies and have the ranged unit snipe them, especially if all the enemies are melee only. For Melee units, using Sharena's rally Attack with her Defense boosting skill helps Melee units quite a bit, but compared to Ranged units, you have to rely on the color triangle alot more.

That being said, the most easiest way of training low level units is using Azama. Not only does he reduce enemies Attack with Threaten Atk, he also has a special that increases all of your allies defense. But most importantly with him, he's the only Staff user with the staff Pain, meaning he will always do 10 damage to an enemy regardless of Defense or Resistance. Azama is really useful for training lower levels, as he can reduce the damage brought to them as well as weaken enemies easily.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
And to me, yes.

Motion Controls aside...the two biggest complaints I heard about Skyward Sword is the linearity and excessive hand-holding...Both of which are almost non-existent in BotW...based on what we've seen so far...

Unless you had a problem with how the story was handled or something along those lines...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Zelda gets DLC? Interesting, it's a good idea. I wonder what they'll do with it. A post game story would be interesting to see, as we don't see what happens after that in zelda. Maybe we'll get a new villain but who knows.

And Happy Valentine's day everyone!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Incessant grinding.

The training tower maps don't consume as much stamina so you can try again and again.

You know everyone is jumping at the idea that the BotW DLC is for Zelda.

But this game seems to be pretty sheikah related.

What if it's :4sheik: DLC after we know a sheik game is a thought right now? Would be really cool imo
inb4 "so it's still zelda DLC"
:061:

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You know everyone is jumping at the idea that the BotW DLC is for Zelda.

But this game seems to be pretty sheikah related.

What if it's :4sheik: DLC after we know a sheik game is a thought right now? Would be really cool imo
inb4 "so it's still zelda DLC"
:061:
Well of course it'd be Zelda DLC.
What, did you expect Metroid DLC?

:^)

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
From what I understand BotW is made in a way to address SS's mistakes.

Skyward Sword is not a bad game at all, but I get why some people dislike it.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
To me, to boycott is to abstain as a means of making a statement or as a protest...

Personally I'm not sure what statement is being made by boycotting a game, because you didn't like the previous entry in the series, is going to make...especially if said game is addressing the issues of the previous game...

To each their own I suppose...

Chrono.

So here's a funny/bad story.

My mom ordered a bluetooth headset on ebay like 2 weeks go, it came in the mail today.

Except this was all that was inside.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
valentine's breakfast.jpg

Come on, Cranky. Take it to the fridge.

P-p-p-pancakes, orange juice, bacon and eggs.

Red's cooking baller **** for Valentine's Day.

Aw yeah.

avi_dj_animated_cupid.gif

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
So here's a funny/bad story.

My mom ordered a bluetooth headset on ebay like 2 weeks go, it came in the mail today.

Except this was all that was inside.

That reminds me of the famous PS3/phone book ebay switch from a few years back.

D

Deleted member

Motion Controls aside...the two biggest complaints I heard about Skyward Sword is the linearity and excessive hand-holding...Both of which are almost non-existent in BotW...based on what we've seen so far...

Unless you had a problem with how the story was handled or something along those lines...
Oh yes, I should also have said that,
- The annoying, and I mean ANNOYING, fanbase
- The Call of Dutisation of the series (like seriously, we had at least 1 Zelda game per year since 2011, and everyone is fine with that ???)
- The fact it is beyond tiresome to always see Zelda being ranked as the best Nintendo franchise, and even the best VG franchise overall,

are other reasons which me becoming an ex-Zelda fan, especially since Herpes Warriors's 1st annoucement back in 2013 which made me sick to death, among others.

Though I also do think it is maybe not a franchise which doesn't appeal to me anymore.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
- The annoying, and I mean ANNOYING, fanbase.
Applies to literally every fanbase
- The Call of Dutisation of the series (like seriously, we had at least 1 Zelda game per year since 2011, and everyone is fine with that ???).
It is fine when there are multiple dev teams making the games, not to mention you're including remakes which barely take any effort to begin with. What about Pokemon? Same thing applied for BW2 to ORAS
- The fact it is beyond tiresome to always see Zelda being ranked as the best Nintendo franchise, and even the best VG franchise overall,
It's not like Zelda is genuinely one of the most revolutionary franchises in gaming, especially with OoT. Same could be argued for Super Metroid, and even then, considering the franchise has had a LOT of good games, it's well earned at this point
are other reasons which me becoming an ex-Zelda fan, especially since Herpes Warriors's 1st annoucement back in 2013 which made me sick to death, among others.
So...A spinoff made you no longer interested in the franchise? A single, measly spin-off which actually was critically acclaimed while adding things fans liked unlike Federation Force?
Though I also do think it is maybe not a franchise which doesn't appeal to me anymore.
It is CERTAINLY this, but there's no reason to get mad at people who DO enjoy the franchise just because you aren't a fan anymore

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Some girl you like walks up and gives you this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom