• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
praline praline @Kurri ★ @Burruni And anybody else with Overwatch.

Just a reminder for those with Overwatch. Today is the last day for the Year of the Rooster and they might pull another Christmas where it ends one day later than the scheduled end, allowing people one last chance at getting the New Year Lootboxes from the Arcade. Either way, if you haven't gotten all that you wanted and you have enough currency to get some of the stuff you want, best do it now than let something possibly happen tomorrow and be unable to get what you want.
Uh...me? I played Overwatch... @Kurri ★ should know that a lot.
I thought yesterday was the last day. It's March 14 already here.
I played No Limits for a while and got two more lootbxes, turned out to be all crap...
After playing tons of No Limits matches my conclusion on this is:
You will love No Limits
-Win with more than four Syms, four Torbs in defense.
-Win with a cooperative team on attack.
You will hate No Limits
-Lose because the other use Syms and... they brag about it...
-Opposing team all drop out after they win in defense.
-Some of your teammates will drop out because your team is attack in Eichwalde, Kings Row, and even Hanamura.
- Because of Symmetras, Bastions, and Torbjorns, period

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Happy Valentine's day Zelda Season Pass confirmed.
OK I know people want Nintendo to catch up with the times but Goddamn it man not the "bad" modern trends.

Atleast it doesn't cost $30 or worst $60 like others do but man I hope the separate DLC is cheap

Chrono.

OK I know people want Nintendo to catch up with the times but Goddamn it man not the "bad" modern trends.

Atleast it doesn't cost $30 or worst $60 like others do but man I hope the separate DLC is cheap
Eh at least it sounds more like extra fluff (aside from that story scenario) rather than stuff that really should've been in the game (looking at you FFXV).

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Quick Thoughts:

1. Assuming the rumors about the game having been ready for a good while now are true, I guess this fills in the extra time the developers had the past few months.
2. GOOD. The Switch needs Zelda to keep it afloat until Mario.

D

Deleted member

Well it's finally Valentine's day here in my timezone. I'll admit I don't got much planned for the day. That being said, have a good one folks, no matter your plans or lack thereof.

Now if I may, let me present some lovely roses for the lovely people of Nintenzone:

I'll take the roses since they're my favorite flower, but don't think this means anything between us romantically, I'm already taken
Oh man, what a turn off

Chrono.

I'm actually really interested to see what Hard Mode is, given that it's probably not gonna be the usual Hero Mode/Mirroring, I wonder just how much it's gonna change the world.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
You know what I hear when I hear DLC? 'More to enjoy' I am very curious about this 'new story and dungeon' however...

With that said, additional content is optional content...and the game on it's own can already provide hours of content to enjoy, so if people really don't want it they don't have to buy it...

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Cheetah and Catwoman confirmed for Injustice 2.

Pretty sure Gorilla City was in there too.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
My only issue that I hope it isn't cut content.

I'm not as interested with BoTW as others but man I hate cut content.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Was forced to go shopping but got given loads lfonry to spend while wandering around on my own.

Found a brand new FE Awakening and a used Birthright so I bought both!!

Not gonna play until summer.
This also means ill likely get Echoes then too.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
CHT Nintendo Youtube channel recently post the Nintendo Switch presentation video in Chinese subtitle.
Before that they also post a special Chinese/Cantonese FE Echoes video for Chinese market. Obviously that much like back when they release Pokemon XY, they still call it Fire Emblem and don't give an official Chinese title.
The producer in this video try so hard to speak Chinese lol and also Cantonese,it is said that FE Echoes will have Traditional/Simplied Chinese version which I don't give a **** unfortunately. Interesting is that Traditional and Simplify Chinese have different font, Simplify is more modern and Traditional is well... really more traditional.
BUT, what I do care about is on the last part of the video. They confirmed that Fire Emblem Warriors on the Nintendo Switch will also have Traditional and Simplify Chinese version in development. Nintendo of Hong Kong will release the Switch, but it is confirmed that the system won't have Chinese, which I believe they say this could be hinting that you can change system language globally this time, which is good and what they should've do since if you know that Switch is region locked. But they mention this in the video, does this mean Taiwan will have official imports of the Switch as well? If they do then that means we can get Switch in fair price, recent preorders I saw on Ruten are way too high.

Last edited:

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
As long as BOTW feels like it's still a complete product worth $60, there's nothing inherently wrong with a season pass. Additional story content in particular sounds super appealing.

DLC feels like a problem when the initial product feels incomplete and not worth its initial price. A good modern example is SFV. All its DLC content would have been more palatable if the base product felt complete and worth the price of admission.

Edit: Ask a Game Dev has a good post about DLC in general that's worth a read. http://askagamedev.tumblr.com/post/72269327402/game-developer-myths-the-complete-game

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Kinda weird that Nintendo didn't state a specific asking price for the season pass. Usually that's like, the first thing we know about a season pass other than a vague description of its contents.

As long as BOTW feels like it's still a complete product worth $60, there's nothing inherently wrong with a season pass. Additional story content in particular sounds super appealing.

DLC feels like a problem when the initial product feels incomplete and not worth its initial price. A good modern example is SFV. All its DLC content would have been more palatable if the base product felt complete and worth the price of admission.
or if it didn't hamstring you into paying $20 for horrible costumes (here's to you, Kid Rock Ken)

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly the season pass seems like a good thing. Nintendo probably realizes the Switch has a bit of a drop off with HUGE first-party titles after Breath of the Wild until Splatoon 2 and Super Mario Odyssey. Arms and MK8D can only do so much.

Definitely interested in seeing what the new story content is.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
"Oh boy, can't wait to listen to the newest Super Best Friendcast"

Laura Kate Dale is on as a guest

"For **** sakes. I bet Matt brought Laura on"

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
:estatic: Zelda DLC + soft confirmation of something GameCube in the works = a great morning for Nintendo news.

D

Deleted member

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Kinda weird that Nintendo didn't state a specific asking price for the season pass. Usually that's like, the first thing we know about a season pass other than a vague description of its contents.

or if it didn't hamstring you into paying $20 for horrible costumes (here's to you, Kid Rock Ken)
According to the press release, the pass is 20 bucks. Notably, the two content sets can't be bought separately; it's all or nothing.

I've joked about Nintendo always being really slow to the party and this gen, nintendo would finally jump on the DLC bandwagon, but, being nintendo, would be super anti consumer like some early DLC because of course they would.

I hope my joke doesnt come to reality.
:061:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Season Pass for Zelda?

*checks*

Eh, the release dates for the actually substantial content are so far into the year that they pretty much HAVE to be working on the game post-launch instead of holding anything back. I doubt Nintendo's trying to pull any kind of con, by the time the first one comes out it'll be about time for Splatoon and by the time the second one comes out it'll be about time for Mario. The only thing that qualifies as "Day 1 DLC" is a single outfit that probably isn't very significant at all. And I guess two other unidentified but probably insignificant items.

You're going to have a good three months before the Expansion Pass even starts releasing major content. Unless that one costume is critical to the game, I highly doubt you'll be playing an incomplete product.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

For the record, they had already done this with Mario Kart 8 and Hyrule Warriors. They just didn't call it a 'pass'.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
For the record, they had already done this with Mario Kart 8 and Hyrule Warriors. They just didn't call it a 'pass'.
I thought they actually did with Mario Kart 8. I could be mistaken though.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
This Zelda DLC is all looking great to me and I'm looking forward to it!!

Except the Switch Logo outfit..that just ruines the immersiveness but it's a neat extra to mess around with for a while but generally meh. (at least how I imagine it to look like)

The additional story and dungeon feels like its gonna expand on some of the other races and heavily involve the new Rito, for example.

And does anyone else feel like there will be a DLC thing available that lets you play as Zelda and do an additional story? That would be an instant seller.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm not a pleb anymore.

Time to go with a much better avatar

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I heard a minor version of the Bluenning is happening again and I'm here to confirm it.

Happy Valentine's by the way.

Ivander

Smash Legend
It may be Widowmakers best legendary skin, but it's still kinda ugly.
I know the lipstick and the mole don't do her well, but compared to her other set of Legendaries, the Huntress skins are so much better. Plus the Huntress gun is cool. That being said, Widowmaker and Hanzo are in desperate need for new skins. Genji and Sombra too. Genji may have recently gotten his awesome Oni skin, but still, those 4 are in need for some new skins in general.

Besides those 4, the other characters who haven't gotten an Event Legendary are McCree, Pharah, Soldier 76, Bastion, Ana and Symmetra. But at least those characters also got some pretty good epics.
Uh...me? I played Overwatch... @Kurri ★ should know that a lot.
I thought yesterday was the last day. It's March 14 already here.
I'm sorry. :sadeyes: I was trying to remember everyone who did and in my desperateness to warn people could not remember as good as I wanted to. :sadeyes: I'm sorry.

The 13th was supposed to be the last day, but much like Christmas, it went on a day later. Like I said, I think it was probably to allow people to have one last chance at getting the Arcade Lootboxes considering the boxes respawn on the days the events were supposed to end. And considering this happened with Christmas as well, that's just my thoughts on why the events lasted a day longer than the intended date.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I don't know what to name my Corrin ;.;

He looks like this:
upload_2017-2-14_16-33-11.png

I'm gonna make my avatar in Awakening a female, since I prefer male Corrin and female Robin in Smash :p

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Decided to call Corrin Mithrandir after Gandalf (lmao) but thanks y'all!

Karl
Augustus
Friedrich

Sorry he just looks so like some German count to me.

Call the Robin Jeanette.
Cuz she looks like one
I could make him look even more like a German count buuuut this is Birthright not Conquest.
I didn't want his default hair to be the original so I found this to be the next best neutral looking hair. I didn't want red or yellow cos then that would essentially decide who I side with despite the story, knowing me. (since e.g red/pink themes well with the birthright family I'd be on thier side) So not resembling either will make me think, even if I have to choose 1 side cos I only have 1 game lol.

And thanks!! Gonna call her Jean ette :p

She kinda reminds me of the potato girl from attack on titan. Whats her name again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom