• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I always name my Fire Emblem protagonist something different every time.

I'm still debating on what to name Corrin when I do a brand new run of Birthright.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I pretty much always went with default male Robin in Awakening...wasn't a fan of the customization options and I wasn't a fan of female Robin...even though on the rare occasion I use Robin in Smash I usually pick the Anna or Olivia alts (red and pink)
That and I also prefer female Morgan...

For Corrin I haven't played Fates yet, but I go with female Corrin in Smash mainly because the black or pink alts are the only alts I like...

Ivander

Smash Legend
I always name my Fire Emblem protagonist something different every time.

I'm still debating on what to name Corrin when I do a brand new run of Birthright.
How about Synbios? And yes, that's the name of an actual character.

Either way, he's the main character in the first chapter of his game and he's the hero of the rebel side. So it fits with Birthright.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Before you get your panties in a bunch about about the about the horrors of day one dlc and cut content abd how modern trends are ruining games, please acknowledge that this is content that would have never been shipped with the game had there been no dlc.

http://askagamedev.tumblr.com/post/72269327402/game-developer-myths-the-complete-game
I'm really tempted to ask what's stopping game developers from charging more for their games.

Why not make a game $70?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
*groan*

This is pretty much the most reasonable place I've seen so far discussing the DLC.

People on the rest of the internet are freaking out to the point that they're chewing out the few people actually OK with the Zelda DLC and patting each other on the back for each others' tantrums.

Some reasonable skepticism is fine, but holy SMOKES this is a tsunami of emotionally volatile knee jerk reactions. You'd think Breath of the Wild was the next Metroid Prime Federation Force or Paper Mario: Color Splash.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I'm really tempted to ask what's stopping game developers from charging more for their games.

Why not make a game $70?
What's stopping them is consumers. They very well could increase the price, but then less people will buy, which means less sales meaning all those budgets will be harder to recoup. DLC (and microtransactions) are the safer, healthier route, not only because it keeps the game's longevity, but also keeps devs working.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So, any Valentine's plans for the day?

I'm just getting myself fed before I go out with a certain rascal.

And I have no issue with DLC whatsoever as long as it's damn good. I need to see Link wear that Nintendo shirt.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Why not make a game $70?
Apparently games used to go for as high as $90 just for a single cartridge.

Of course, the anecdote was before my time and stopped the person that told me it from buying it until the system became outdated and the game dropped through the floor in price.

If DLC gets this reaction, I can hardly imagine the explosion from someone like Nintendo "overcharging for their game" and something about "unprecedented money grubbing."

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'm sorry. :sadeyes: I was trying to remember everyone who did and in my desperateness to warn people could not remember as good as I wanted to. :sadeyes: I'm sorry.

The 13th was supposed to be the last day, but much like Christmas, it went on a day later. Like I said, I think it was probably to allow people to have one last chance at getting the Arcade Lootboxes considering the boxes respawn on the days the events were supposed to end. And considering this happened with Christmas as well, that's just my thoughts on why the events lasted a day longer than the intended date.
That's ok. I'm not that active anyway.

That's really a good touch when it comes to at the near of an event. But I have time limitations so I can only get one by leveling and one from weekly rewards. And I was hoping to get more even skins, victory poses etc. even those I don't really need to have, but turns out I got nothing.

Ivander

Smash Legend

Why not make a game $70?
I think it's because the higher the price, the more that it starts risking your funds for other more important stuff. At least with DLC, you can get the game first, wait until you have more money, than be able to get the DLC at a lower price without messing with your funds needed for other stuff.
I mean, it's bad enough for Canadians who have to pay $80 dollars for a single game. The Switch is $299, but Canadians need to pay around $350-$400 to buy it. The fact that you need to buy a game with the Switch, that's already close to $450-$500. Because of the pricing over here, my dad has rarely bought a game full price at launch and mostly waits for games to drop in price or go on sale.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm definitely hoping for the possibility of a playable Zelda for the DLC....

But I also think it'd be neat if they incorporated the Twilight Realm in some form...
And perhaps add in Midna as well since I think she'd look great in this style

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
How about Synbios? And yes, that's the name of an actual character.

Either way, he's the main character in the first chapter of his game and he's the hero of the rebel side. So it fits with Birthright.
Hmm, that sounds okay. I'm narrowing it down to "Jason," "Synbios," or "Yosh."

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
While I'm waiting for my Prince Charming to go out with me, enjoy this Smash Poll about space furries.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Surprised the Toad is so popular. I thought every Nintendo fan hates Toads?

D

Deleted member

My wallet is happy, as I now have even less regrets to boycott this Breath of the Wild game, besides the fact the director is the same who directed Skyward Sword and the lack of audio language choice.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
My wallet is happy, as I now have even less regrets to boycott this Breath of the Wild game, besides the fact the director is the same who directed Skyward Sword and the lack of audio language choice.
Boycotting...a game? Just because the director made a game you didnt like and The no Other audio=no buy mentality?

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
That's awesome! I don't think I've beaten any high rank monsters with the prowler aside from the triple Blagonga quest, but that was with a friend who was also a prowler.
It was pretty fun, Although the Rathian looks WAAAY bigger as a prowler then as a hunter and it was freaky

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This sounds more bitter than it needed to be.

Didn't you already dislike Zelda anyways?

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Another reason for day one DLC (and DLC in general)
http://askagamedev.tumblr.com/post/138674831501/hello-i-have-a-question-regarding-the-maths-of
TL;DR That $60 asking price doesn't all go to a dev, part of it goes to the retailer, part of it goes to the platform, part of it goes to the licensing fees (if any). This leaves game devs and publishers seeing a much lower margin of the $60. Selling content digitally removes the retailer from the equation which means the platform, game dev/publisher, and licenses see more money

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm surprised Smash Bros even still has a fandom.
For me, I'm still surprised that Game Grumps as a fandom.
But shhhhhhh...don't say that to anybody.:4drmario:

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
No game's really worth $60 but it's better that we have a consistent standard than a sporadic system.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
No game's really worth $60 but it's better that we have a consistent standard than a sporadic system.
You're right! They're worth more. Maybe $80-90, maybe even higher. But who in the right mind is going to pay that much for a video game?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Eh, I guess it depends on the interpretation of value.

If it costs three bucks to ride a carousel for four minutes, 15 bucks to play laser tag for eight, or seventy-plus bucks a ticket to go to a theme park for a day, then if you get 60+ hours out of a game then I don't think I've paid too much of a premium. Not that I fuss when I end up with a game that I spend less time on than that. Most forms of entertainment are a worse value proposition for your time, and the ones that aren't are generally duller.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
*groan*

This is pretty much the most reasonable place I've seen so far discussing the DLC.

People on the rest of the internet are freaking out to the point that they're chewing out the few people actually OK with the Zelda DLC and patting each other on the back for each others' tantrums.

Some reasonable skepticism is fine, but holy SMOKES this is a tsunami of emotionally volatile knee jerk reactions. You'd think Breath of the Wild was the next Metroid Prime Federation Force or Paper Mario: Color Splash.
Are you really surprised man? The Nintendo fanbase is becoming known for being whiny and ****** over the most unreasonable stuff these days, even worse then the so called Sonic fanboys, you know the ones who're annoyingly loud and complain over the stupidest ****.

If your referring to Anouma, you know he directed Twilight Princess, Wind Waker and Majora's Mask right?

So your reason for boycotting doesn't hold up if its just cause you don't like motion controls, when BoTW won't really have them.

I mean not getting the game cause you don't like the series is fine, but boycott for better reasons then I don't like the director, if it is Anouma who your referring to, cause he's been in charge of how the Zelda series develops since the N64 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom