• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Doki Doki Literature Club has reached 1,000,000 downloads and they're teasing more DDLC content and potential updates to the game. We also got a really nice group artwork of the dokis.

http://teamsalvato.com/blog/1-million

View attachment 134386
That game is actually getting quite popular, and a lot of videos and theories have been made about it. Even Matpat made a theory about this a while back.

24 is a wonderful number

Its a name of a TV show

It's the number Kobe Bryant had

Its the number of years Doom has existed

And I'm also 24 today woot
I know I am a little late, but This post was so enjoyable! Congratulations and I hope you enjoy your day!
I thought of something a little funnier than 24, 25!
This is my favorite post on this site.

Also, Congrats! Hope you enjoy your day.
I hope you both enjoy your days too!

D

Deleted member

Sweet sweet freedom is finally mine.
I think you're dismissing it too quickly. The Tapus and their islands' native Oricorio are definitely connected. The islands' names share their color, they themselves share their color, and all four link back to similar cultures.
I never said the Tapus and Oricorios weren't related, but all they share is a color motif and the idea of relating them to certain cultures is reaching.
Especially relating chicken to the US because of food. Chicken is a popular food in more than one country and it's definitely not what the US is most known for.
And the best part? Reading the islands left to right, they go Poni, Melemele, Akala, Ula'Ula. Japan, USA, Hawaii, Spain. Kanto-Sinnoh, Unova, Alola, ???. They're in region order. Plus lots of legendaries have ties to regions that aren't their own.
The order starts with Melemele, changing it to "geographical order" is twisting things so they fit the theory
Add in the fact that GameFreak did "research" in Spain in 2014 when promoting ORAS and that Spain is a VERY popular tourist spot for Japanese people and suddenly it isn't so much of a reach, is it?
This is what makes me not dismiss this entirely, because we all know how GF likes their trips, but it'd be more of "right for the wrong reasons" if it happens

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
BOYYYY, I just finished Zero campaign in MMX4 at 100%. Some moment were fun, some less, but overall, I had a really good time! Though, It's kinda of weird to play the first game where Zero was a fully character after you played the first three MMZ games.

Speaking of weird, boy, I just played a little bit of X. And I feel like it's going to be really hard to play him after playing Zero lol. Wish me good luck!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don’t really care where they base the next region, imo most don’t end up feeling like the inspiration anyway.

I just hope if Spain is the inspiration, we get a lot of fire types.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Sweet sweet freedom is finally mine.

I never said the Tapus and Oricorios weren't related, but all they share is a color motif and the idea of relating them to certain cultures is reaching.
Especially relating chicken to the US because of food. Chicken is a popular food in more than one country and it's definitely not what the US is most known for.

The order starts with Melemele, changing it to "geographical order" is twisting things so they fit the theory

This is what makes me not dismiss this entirely, because we all know how GF likes their trips, but it'd be more of "right for the wrong reasons" if it happens
It's not just "because of food." The United States is the country that produces the most poultry per year, which is what makes the figure significant.

Melemele is the first one you visit, but I was talking about geographically. Look at the map of Alola and Poni is the first island. There's no real reason for Poni to be the first one when Melemele is the first you visit, but lo and behold there it is. That's why I think it might serve as a hint, as there's no gameplay reason why Poni should be before Melemele, and yet there it is. I'm not warping it to fit the theory. I'm literally looking at the map of Alola lol.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Why do all these kids toys have to deal with farts now? I counted 3 total
It's not just "because of food." The United States is the country that produces the most poultry per year, which is what makes the figure significant.

Melemele is the first one you visit, but I was talking about geographically. Look at the map of Alola and Poni is the first island. There's no real reason for Poni to be the first one when Melemele is the first you visit, but lo and behold there it is. That's why I think it might serve as a hint, as there's no gameplay reason why Poni should be before Melemele, and yet there it is. I'm not warping it to fit the theory. I'm literally looking at the map of Alola lol.
i suggest you look at the mapnof the acuall islands Alola is based off of, there is a reason why Poni is first. Poni is based on
Kaua'i and oh, Kaua'i is the first Hawaiian island. I think it goes out or order when Akala is after Melemele but thats because the Alola equivalents of Moloka'i and Lana'i arent in the game

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Why do all these kids toys have to deal with farts now? I counted 3 total
When I was working at Smyths Toystore the past few weeks, one of the top selling toys is a plushie of a character called Snot, who is a literal, sentient snot. It comes with a free storybook chronicling the life and times of the illustrious Snot.

Apparently it's an exclusive toy to the store franchise, like their mascot or something.

D

Deleted member

Yes, this is mostly definitely not reaching for straws
Poni Island's placement on the map is not going to be a goddamn clue to the next game.
This is seriously reaching "Hoenn confirmed" levels

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yes, this is mostly definitely not reaching for straws

Poni Island's placement on the map is not going to be a goddamn clue to the next game.
This is seriously reaching "Hoenn confirmed" levels
You can disagree without acting like a pompous ****, you know. What do you gain from attempting to tear down a theory? It just makes you look grossly self-important.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I think I can take a halfway point in the theory and say it seems like a pretty big stretch but that I can see Spain being the next region by coincidence anyway. I expect they're choosing regions according to where significant player bases are (Hawaii getting a pass despite low population due to hosting multiple Pokemon International Championships), so more than likely they'll spend the next several gens alternating between Europe and North America since they spent four entire gens on Japan already. There's only a handful of particularly large European countries, so that kind of narrows it down. The UK, Germany, and Italy are also valid potential choices, and I expect Italy is at least consistently in the running for a new region since I very vaguely remember something about Pokemon staff visiting it.

Ash's collar seems like far more evidence towards Spain than anything related to Alola. Also weren't people on about Spain a ton during the lead-up to Alola?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>they will never do a Pokémon region based on Ireland
>that would grossly stereotype and misrepresent us
>that will look prettier than actual Ireland
>It will never convince me to play a Pokémon game again just so I can complain/meme about how terrible a representation of my culture it is
>mfw

Chrono.

Man, Chapter 4 is a weird low point in Xenoblade 2 so far.

**** this abandoned factory and it's maze like layout.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Wouldn't be too unfitting honestly, Pokémon is all about random people trying to kill you with their weapons of murder (however cute they may be) while you try to go to the Poké Mart for some milk.

I replied to the post but without replying to it. Guess that makes me a :011:.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I'm still waiting for a Canada region with tons of Ice Pokemon and an Ice/Steel Hockey Pokemon.
I'd be happy to see a surge of Ice type Pokemon, kinda like how Gen V brought about a surge of Bug type Pokemon.

If it is, so what? My issue comes from people dismissing the theory because they think it can only be coincidence, when we know GameFreak hints at things and that regions are planned out years in advance.
Regardless of whether or not Gen VIII ends up being in Spain, I think Spain would be a cool place to have a Pokemon region in.
I learned a lot about Spain in high school, and when trying to think about places for the next Pokemon region to be, I drew a lot of blanks, but Spain does seem like a good choice now that I think about it.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Yeah and crazy **** like earthquakes 24/7 could happen.
"Congratulations on defeating my trainer gauntlet. Here, have these three TMs!"
You got TM 29 Earthquake!
You got TM 94 Earthquake!
You got TM 53 Earthquake!

Ivander

Smash Legend
It's finally time!

Extremely blessed image

Now I just need the Warriors maps to come back so I can give him some better skills.
Erureido Erureido
Do you know what a good skillset is for Takumi? I know yours used a Brave Bow but I obviously want to use the buffed Fujin Yumi

And now this is relevant once again
I almost have Lyn's Forged Sol Katti myself. I just need to wait for Arena to end tonight, get my Nowi's Lightning Breath+ forged, than I can get Lyn's Sol Katti upgraded.

D

Deleted member

Any new information about the Pokemon movie of 2018? It looks like a pretty interesting movie.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Umm, I got my stuff from Arena Assault, but regular Arena has not gave me anything for some reason.

D

Deleted member

Reddit giving me the Lukas memes he deserves
zekyy6C.png

I almost have Lyn's Forged Sol Katti myself. I just need to wait for Arena to end tonight, get my Nowi's Lightning Breath+ forged, than I can get Lyn's Sol Katti upgraded.
I didn't have anyone worth to forge a weapon, only Lukas's and Nephenee's Slaying Lances, who had already had theirs forged, so I just forged another version of it.
All I had are the two S!Camillas who I'm this close to feathering and Inigo's Dancer's Ring. I think I'm gonna grow to regret it when I get an unit who actually needs the forging but Tacomeat really needed that buff.
Umm, I got my stuff from Arena Assault, but regular Arena has not gave me anything for some reason.
Arena takes some more time to calculate results it seems, last two weeks I tried to get them as soon as they closed and only got the AA rewards

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
It's finally time!

Extremely blessed image

Now I just need the Warriors maps to come back so I can give him some better skills.
Erureido Erureido
Do you know what a good skillset is for Takumi? I know yours used a Brave Bow but I obviously want to use the buffed Fujin Yumi

And now this is relevant once again
I actually don't have Brave Bow+ on my Takumi. Mine is the more standard build Fujin Yumi build, and it looks like this:

Weapon: Fujin Yumi
Assist: Reposition
Special: Vengeance

Skill 1: Close Counter
Skill 2: Vantage 3
Skill 3: Threaten Speed 3
Sacred Seal: Speed +3

This is Takumi's cheapest set, as the only two things he needs to inherit from other units are Reposition and Vantage 3. Everything else he already has equipped. Speed +3 is the ideal Sacred Seal so that Takumi can outspeed most units or otherwise not get doubled by Brave Lyn, though if you'd rather go for more damage, Attack +3 works too.

My Takumi still needs his weapon refined and his Sacred Seal upgraded though. I'm currently at Speed +2, and I still need to accumulate about 100 more Divine Dew for him. I know that if this is the Takumi build you use, the +Spd Fujin Yumi is the one you want to go with to make him as fast as possible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom