• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Smash Boards is releasing a new tier list tomorrow ( for Smash 4 ).
Source: https://smashboards.com/threads/4br...nsight-analysis.445990/page-226#post-21881478

By the way, is Street Fighter 6 getting planned?

So are the Pokémon movies no longer part of the main anime (not that I'm worried since I haven't watched either in years)?
I am sure it will connect to the anime. They have done this for years, I am sure they will. Plus, it will help people who watch the anime relate to this for more information. I am sure it will stay as a part of the Pokemon anime. I like how Pokemon is going for an more "anime" look.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I thought they were always non-canon.
What I mean the previous movies took place during the events and in the middle of the region Ash & gang were traveling at the time in the anime (whether or not it was canon I don't know).

Movie 20 and possibly this 21st aren't following that.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So for anyone still wondering why Gen VIII might be based on Spain, it's been a running theory in the Pokémon community for a few months. Basically, here are some things that may be hints toward it:

- The Tapus and Oricorio.

Tapu Koko and Oricorio Pom-Pom represent the chicken and cheerleading, both of which can be traced back to America. Fast food and sports. This is Unova.

Tapu Fini and Oricorio Sensu represent the swordfish and traditional Japanese dance, so it links to Japan. This is Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh.

Tapu Lele and Oricorio Pau'u represent the butterfly and hula dancing, bringing about Hawaii, or Alola itself.

Tapu Bulu and Oricorio Baile represent the bull and flamenco dancing...this is undoubtedly Spain, which isn't present yet.

- Kalos is the only region that has never been revisited. Kanto has been a bunch of times. Johto had Crystal and HGSS. Hoenn had Emerald and ORAS. Sinnoh had Platinum. Unova had B2W2. Alola had USUM. Kalos only had XY and nothing after it. Spain is right next to France, and considering Gen VIII will be on the Switch, we might get to revisit Kalos if they do a two region thing like Gen II (and maybe make Zygarde relevant lol). Also it'd help bring Serena back to the anime for the shippers but that's more of a bonus than anything.

- And now Ash has the colors of the Spanish flag on his collar in the new movie.

Tl;dr: GameFreak is dropping hints, I swear. They're not above doing that, either. Remember the Strange Souvenir?

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Man, I never realised how aged Sakura looks compared to her SFIV incarnation.

I wonder what she does now... maybe she works for Karin because they're cool now?
According to the YouTube description, she works part time at an arcade.

Fitting for Arcade Edition, I suppose.

Chrono.

According to the YouTube description, she works part time at an arcade.

Fitting for Arcade Edition, I suppose.
Explains the theater attendant-esque outfit and the headphones.
So for anyone still wondering why Gen VIII might be based on Spain, it's been a running theory in the Pokémon community for a few months. Basically, here are some things that may be hints toward it:

Tapu Koko and Oricorio Pom-Pom represent the chicken and cheerleading, both of which can be traced back to America. Fast food and sports. This is Unova.

Tapu Fini and Oricorio Sensu represent the swordfish and traditional Japanese dance, so it links to Japan. This is Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh.

Tapu Lele and Oricorio Pau'u represent the butterfly and hula dancing, bringing about Hawaii, or Alola itself.

Tapu Bulu and Oricorio Baile represent the bull and flamenco dancing...this is undoubtedly Spain, which isn't present yet.

- Kalos is the only region that has never been revisited. Kanto has been a bunch of times. Johto had Crystal and HGSS. Hoenn had Emerald and ORAS. Sinnoh had Platinum. Unova had B2W2. Alola had USUM. Kalos only had XY and nothing after it. Spain is right next to France, and considering Gen VIII will be on the Switch, we might get to revisit Kalos if they do a two region thing like Gen II in order to revisit Kalos and maybe make Zygarde relevant lol. Also it'd help bring Serena back to the anime for the shippers but that's more of a bonus than anything.

- And now Ash has the colors of the Spanish flag on his collar in the new movie.

Tl;dr: GameFreak is dropping hints, I swear. They're not above doing that, either. Remember the Strange Souvenir?
Me reading this at first I thought you were reaching but now it's making more sense.

Kinda wish we got something more blatant in the vein of the Strange Souvenir though.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
the following image while not made by me was made because of something i said, and if you are one of like the 5 people who read any of the following and know what im talking about then youll get a kick out of this "lucha yo" "Oracle" "MegaGwolf"

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Holy **** didn’t see that walking dead ending coming. Damn pretty sad too.

Chrono.

Holy **** didn’t see that walking dead ending coming. Damn pretty sad too.
My timeline on Twitter is freaking out about it lol

It's kinda funny cause I have no idea what's going on, but it seems to have a major death.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I wonder if the old reports about the Orre region being off Arizona are actually true.

I know it's a region from a pair a side titles that Game Freak can't seem to remember has nothing to do with that Pokémon rumor but I'd still like to know.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I'm laughing Kamiya is semi ranting on Twitter about how Cody's new look sucks and how he didn't like the prison look either.

I'd post the tweets but the English ones have cursing and others are in Japanese you gotta translate via Google.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Decided to put Skyrim down for a bit, so I can finally play some of that BotW DLC that released...

Oh man, the initial difficulty really blindsides you, especially if you haven't played the game in a while...and those first few shrines were really frikkin clever...not necessarily difficult but just clever...

Right now I'm treasure hunting...

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My timeline on Twitter is freaking out about it lol

It's kinda funny cause I have no idea what's going on, but it seems to have a major death.
. It is a crazy ending. Completely out of left field when they were following the comics pretty closely this season. For some reference:
in the episode the group gets their ****** handed to them after the people they were fighting come up with a plan to take over each community after they were trapped by zombies because of the heroes. The main character rick isn’t at the community he lives at when the leader of the group they were fighting shows up and starts setting fire to the place looking for rick. Ricks son Carl confronts him and is respected by the bad guy neegan. Stuff goes down and in the end everyone from the geroes side ends up in the tunnels beneath the community unable to fight back. Rick finds them and he makes sure to see if everyone is accounted for. He gets to his son and sees that Carl is in bad shape. Carl reveals to him that he had been bit from an incident a few episodes ago and was hiding it till now. Due to being bit in the side of the stomach they can’t save him through amuptation and so they episode ends with them heart broken by this. It’s a huge twos because Carl is still alive in the comics and was a fav favorite whose been around since the beginning and basically grown up with the show. He’s one of two kids left on it right now so it’s prety depressing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I really hope an F - Zero game goes on the Switch. Am I the only one? It can be a racing game ( it should be more of a mature racing game and very fast when it comes to racing ). I also want it to have a story and you can play as Falcon and attack enemies as well. I think most ( probably every ) Smash player loves Captain Falcon. Admit it.

Show me ya' opinions!

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
India would be much cooler than Spain for the next region.
"You're challenged by Youngster FalKoopa!"

- Kalos is the only region that has never been revisited. Kanto has been a bunch of times. Johto had Crystal and HGSS. Hoenn had Emerald and ORAS. Sinnoh had Platinum. Unova had B2W2. Alola had USUM. Kalos only had XY and nothing after it. Spain is right next to France, and considering Gen VIII will be on the Switch, we might get to revisit Kalos if they do a two region thing like Gen II (and maybe make Zygarde relevant lol). Also it'd help bring Serena back to the anime for the shippers but that's more of a bonus than anything.

Can't find the news article, but apparently GF was in Europe around October, specifically in France doing research in archeological sites.
They said Masuda was just on vacation, however many staff members were with him.

Add Zygarde appearing on the credits and giving a "Soon" vibe.
And the Spain Region/Kalos pulling a Johto/Kanto gets more likely.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Hum, so Pokémon based off Spain, my country? I'm down! Also, just wondering, I'm the only Spanish in here right?

Honestly, I'd love gen 8 to be based of Spain, but being the first Switch Pokémon title, man I hope the make some nice changes to the formula to keep the Odyssey/Breath of the Wild trend.

Also, so much nonsense happening this last days. MegaMan 11? X ports? SC6 (No Switch though)? SAKURA IN SFV FINALLY? Guess the wait was worth, I think I'll buy Arcade Edition when it comes out (Now do the same for Marvel Infinite Capcom).

I've always liked Capcom, so many great IPs, I think they are only behind Nintendo on that aspect. I hope they can finally redeem themselves, just localise DGS and make Viewtiful Joe 3 and I'll give you all of my money Capcom.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Hum, so Pokémon based off Spain, my country? I'm down! Also, just wondering, I'm the only Spanish in here right?

Honestly, I'd love gen 8 to be based of Spain, but being the first Switch Pokémon title, man I hope the make some nice changes to the formula to keep the Odyssey/Breath of the Wild trend.

Also, so much nonsense happening this last days. MegaMan 11? X ports? SC6 (No Switch though)? SAKURA IN SFV FINALLY? Guess the wait was worth, I think I'll buy Arcade Edition when it comes out (Now do the same for Marvel Infinite Capcom).

I've always liked Capcom, so many great IPs, I think they are only behind Nintendo on that aspect. I hope they can finally redeem themselves, just localise DGS and make Viewtiful Joe 3 and I'll give you all of my money Capcom.
I would pick up Pokemon Gen 8 simply because I love Spain <3 Got to visit there for a trip once and the country is absolutely beautiful. I'm also trying to learn Spanish which helps lol. Spanish is a really fun language.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
24 is a wonderful number

Its a name of a TV show

It's the number Kobe Bryant had

Its the number of years Doom has existed

And I'm also 24 today woot

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
24 is a wonderful number

Its a name of a TV show

Happy birthday. I can’t believe it’s so close to Christmas already now that I think about it. It’s crazy how fast the time is flying.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
This is it guys.

The Capcom redemption arc is upon us:
- A good Resident Evil game
- Street Fighter V looking solid with Arcade Edition
- Mega Man 11 is a thing at all
- Mega Man X games being re-released for all consoles
- Monster Hunter World is looking fantastic
- This new Street Fighter compilation which is basically nearly the entire series

Granted MvCI is still looking pretty cheap but if DMC5 is indeed happening we're looking at a new era.
Capcom needs to stop making me trust them again.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Only time Imma talk about politics. You dont even need republicans in congress, anyone can be in congress and **** things up
Yes that's technically true. Except in reality Democrats reduced the national deficit, support science and insured millions of Americans and Republicans tried to take said insurance away over 60 times costing tax payers $1.5 million each time with no alternative despite having several years to work on one, elected a man with no qualifications and covered up him illegally working with Russia who hacked the government even going as far as to change the law so they could use a simple majority to allow him to appoint a supreme court justice. Also Republicans are the party stripping us of rights like net neutrality.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
You will survive~!

Anyway, monthly name change. I went from a dragon lady to a crawling insect with perfect hair.
Crawler, huh? Crawling insect, eh?

After the one teacher from GX, right? The one with the Ancient Gears?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Okay, I leave for 4 days to study for finals, and suddenly there's a 3rd Bayonetta, a 6th Soul Calibur, A clump of Street Fighter games and fighters, Capcom might be cool again, Pokemon are possibly in Spain now, A Way Out exists, GTFO exists, Some weird Hideo Kojima thing that I'd be better off not questioning... exists, Zelda is GOTY, and Link is riding a motorcycle?

All of this in just 4 days!?
And this isn't even that long after Megaman 11's reveal!
And there's a Namco stream in 5 days, isn't there?

I'll reiterate what I said a few days ago. The motto of the year is, "What the hell is happening!?"

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Crawler, huh? Crawling insect, eh?

After the one teacher from GX, right? The one with the Ancient Gears?
Yes. That's his hairdo.

Crawler is renamed Crowler in the Gameboy remake of Quest 64, possibly due to a translation error(Quest 64 related first, then the international versions, with the Japanese version list. Quest RPG only saw a Japanese and then a US release. Vampire's Touch also got an odd rename of Vanpire's Touch, which is part of why my theory feels somewhat logical).

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
24 is a wonderful number

Its a name of a TV show

Happy Birthday, Champ! Here's to a day of celebrations for you!

And I'm enjoying Capcom's 'Heel-Face turn' in a sense (I spend too much time on TV Tropes for my own good) and seeing them please the fans again. Mega Man 11 and the Monster Hunter Collaboration, and good-looking content coming to Street Fighter V with Sakura, Sagat and Cody after he learned fashion from Geese Howard. Looking forward to those two newcomers, and I'm quite impressed with that Street Fighter 30th Anniversary collection.

Looks like 2018's going to be fine for fighters - a complete Street Fighter V experience with the Arcade Edition and fan favourites, Dragon Ball FighterZ in January and SoulCalibur VI and BlazBlue Cross-Tag sometime in the future as well.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Will there be a new console Monster Hunter coming out? I used to be very into MH Tri and 3 Ultimate.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Will there be a new console Monster Hunter coming out? I used to be very into MH Tri and 3 Ultimate.
If it answers your question, we have Monster Hunter World coming out on PS4 and Xbox One on January 26th next year, (Sadly no Switch version, nor are there any plans to localise Monster Hunter XX which is on the Switch right now in Japan) so yeah, Monster Hunter's back on console platforms, as well as a PC Version later that year as well. Having played a bit of the Beta last night, it feels like standard Monster Hunter gameplay but with some new elements thrown in to the fray like no need for loading to areas of the map - ghillie suits that may help you camouflage and hide from monsters... The Beta's kinda limited with only three missions, but you can play them online or offline, or practice in a small training facility if you want to get familiar with the game, even if you're a series veteran, but yeah, I think World's got quite a bit of promise to it.

D

Deleted member

This feels like reaching a little, especially when the Tapus should have nothing to do with other regions.
While the Oricorios are just, well, dancing styles.

I don't think it's impossible for the next region to be based on Spain but this is reminding me of the Hoenn confirmed theories
The Fighting EX Layer beta should be going up later today.

Also Detective Pikachu lives.
"Release date 31/12/2020"
Man, and I thought Atlus was bad with localisations :^)
Real talk tho I really want to play Detective Pikachu

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm gonna be doing some shopping today at Walmart. Just some groceries is all- some spaghetti sauce, burger, and deer balls are under a buck, so that's nice. Also need to pick up some soda.

How's everyone doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom