• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
******s....

Doesn't help the fact that his current name is too hard to type.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Unrelated, but can you send FalKomrade some drawing requests? He barely visits here and I don't have Twitter/Discord.
If that were the case, how did you know he was doing drawing requests?

Alright, I'll see what he can do for you.

D

Deleted member

I know this is old news ( about a few weeks ago ), but did not Nintendo announce Animal Crossing on the phone? Sounds like an interesting concept, but an Animal Crossing game on the Switch would be neat.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Oh, makes sense.

Already sent a DM. Any characters you have in mind?
Yep:
-Mythra
-Satsuki Kiryuin
-The chick that always died hard in your Hunger Games.

The thing is that the three have different eye styles; that would be a nice challenge for him if he wants to do them all.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I know this is old news ( about a few weeks ago ), but did not Nintendo announce Animal Crossing on the phone? Sounds like an interesting concept, but an Animal Crossing game on the Switch would be neat.
Did they announce it? Yes and it’s released about two weeks ago. It’s fun but not as addicting as other games. I hope a switch version is announced soon since they said the app would connect with a game but it can’t cknnect to new leaf so switch is likely. —————————————————on a side note I finally pulled a hero I really wanted in heroes!
880F5775-70E7-490F-A4CF-9CC3F66D0A5B.png
Disgusting! Glad to have him finally! Been hoping to get him for awhile so I made sure to get him from this banner.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Yep:
-Mythra
-Satsuki Kiryuin
-The chick that always died hard in your Hunger Games.

The thing is that the three have different eye styles; that would be a nice challenge for him if he wants to do them all.
Corrector Yui, good times.

I'll tell him that
. Though I'm sure one is the limit.

D

Deleted member

The fact that a zoo like this exists makes me sick.

What's the point of the guests being inside a cage being driven by a car? What if a kid stuck their finger through the bars and got bitten by a lion? What if a far larger animal like a rhinoceros tip the cages over and trample them?

What the hell New Zealand.

https://twitter.com/planetepics/status/936474951997186048
Um, PETA wants all zoos to die.

Not just that particular one. All of them period. In the name of better treatment of animals everywhere.
Super late reply, but these kinds of Zoos aren't uncommon nor are they dangerous. LMAO.

Just had to point this out as someone who's into animals.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Just watched the new episode of DBS

Well, U4 didn't live up to the hype. Granted, it seems a recurring trend with them is that they rely on tricks and once they're found out they crumple, but even then the last three didn't get the best sendoff as they just kind of died once everyone caught on to them. At the very least it felt like a large step down from what they did with U2 and U6 last episode, with them they got great final moments with everyone acknowledging what is happening and accepting it, here the Grand Priest couldn't even be bothered to announce their erasure!

On the bright side though, Android 17 continues to be the MVP of the arc.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I just watched the last Pokemon movie.

It was pretty cool and nostalgic.

Also, lol at that scene about...

Ash having some kind of nightmare about being a real kid in school without Pokemon and then his friends tell him that a world without Pokemon would be impossible and depressing...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Irrationatitly and fear mongering, however, aren't wonderful.
I mean, I'd rather stick with what's traditional than anything that goes beyond the norm.

You may like the idea, that's ok and I can respect. Doesn't mean I want to be forced to like the same thing.

Would you want to be a vegetarian? I'm sure you wouldn't want to be forced to strip meat from your diet.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Turns out the additional memory cutscenes are not the only things that add to the Champions in the recent Breath of the Wild DLC.

They each get their own diary as well:

It's worth checking out if you want to learn some more backstory about these characters.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Ash having some kind of nightmare about being a real kid in school without Pokemon and then his friends tell him that a world without Pokemon would be impossible and depressing...
Well they sure wernt wrong

Chrono.

I just came back from from Thor Ragnarok.

Fantastic movie. I'd say more but I'll let the first three words of this post do the talking.

D

Deleted member

So thread, how goes your shiny hunting in the Ultra Wormholes? I am shiny hunting in Heart Gold, Diamond and Ultra Sun. It is so hard to find a portal with a legendary.

Turns out the additional memory cutscenes are not the only things that add to the Champions in the recent Breath of the Wild DLC.

They each get their own diary as well:

It's worth checking out if you want to hear some more backstory about their characters.
A nice touch to the series! BOTW deserves it's game of the year because of it's amazing area to walk in and explore many unique events and objects like these. I hope BOTW gets more updates in the future!

I just came back from from Thor Ragnarok.

Fantastic movie. I'd say more but I'll let the first three words of this post do the talking.
I never saw this movie yet but the ratings of the movie look good actually.

D

Deleted member

I mean, I'd rather stick with what's traditional than anything that goes beyond the norm.

You may like the idea, that's ok and I can respect. Doesn't mean I want to be forced to like the same thing.

Would you want to be a vegetarian? I'm sure you wouldn't want to be forced to strip meat from your diet.
It doesn't matter whether or not you like it. That doesn't matter, but you were acting as if it's some unsafe or cruel thing when it's far from it. The animals are much happier and less stressed. It's probably for the best that they're the ones with more space as your the visitor and they're the ones who have to stay there.

There's opinions, then there's flat out misinformation.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Did see someone compare me to a fear monger?

Oh, no matter why I feel less and less welcome here. And that's not a good feeling. It really isn't.

It was awful enough losing a beloved family member several weeks ago. And being compared to one of the worse possible people makes me feel like ****. I seriously can't be crying over this. I really can't.....

D

Deleted member

Oh, no matter why I feel less and less welcome here. And that's not a good feeling. It really isn't.

It was awful enough losing a beloved family member several weeks ago. And being compared to one of the worse possible people makes me feel like ****. I seriously can't be crying over this. I really can't.....
You are welcome here, feel free to post anything you want ( unless it does not break the rules )!

Who compared you to the worst kind of person? I feel great sympathy for losing a beloved family member, I wish the best for you and your family. Do not let others judge you and stay positive. Keep up the good work, I am sure the chat will show you a lot of support!

D

Deleted member

This has nothing to do with you personally, it's just a big pet peeve of mine. The attractions I've seen are fine. It's pretty much a Safari where you stand. The cages from what I've seen are pretty secure and and the animals couldn't do anything to you behind the cage.

Also, I quoted the wrong post, I didn't mean to quote the PETA one, I meant to quote the post about the lions.

Chrono.

Not to be rude, but if someone calls you out on something and your response is to go on a big pity party about it so people feel bad for you, you are being kinda manipulative.

I'm only saying this because it's not the first time it's happened.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

. The one thing I really liked here was that:
Agatha was the teacher and oak the principal. Nice touches and a good call back to heir relationship.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Yo, how do I download videos from FB? I wanna make a gif of a video of Mythra squatting some sick NASCAR donuts.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Not to be rude, but if someone calls you out on something and your response is to go on a big pity party about it so people feel bad for you, you are being kinda manipulative.

I'm only saying this because it's not the first time it's happened.
Come on now, it's pretty clear that she's been through alot of stuff. And I mean ALOT.

If you were there to witness half of the things that happened this year, you would understand. I've seen everything and it puts an emotional strain on me too because it affects me pretty heavily. This is not about being right or wrong about a zoo, this is about someone's who's clearly emotionally fragile and just wants a better year after all the bad things that happened. And to see a accusation that puts her in a negative light would only break her more.

Aka, the least you can do is be more considerate. Imagine if you went through the same thing. This whole misunderstanding should have never happened. Christ almighty.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Kind of wish Piccolo got a cooler elimination. But at least he took out two people in one episode. And one guy on his own, AND helped Gohan take down two more. So he definitely put in work. Not gonna miss the rat.

I hope Gohan gets to fight one of the Pride Troopers at the end. Still, the 3 Saiyans going up against the 3 robots that can combine is pretty cool. I wonder if Frieza's scheming is actually gonna amount to something. I was thinking maybe each of the Saiyans take out one Pride Trooper and Frieza takes the wish by being the last one standing. Assuming the other U3 guys handle the androids. Though it's possible that Frieza takes on Toppo.

D

Deleted member

Come on now, it's pretty clear that she's been through alot of stuff. And I mean ALOT.

If you were there to witness half of the things that happened this year, you would understand. I've seen everything and it puts an emotional strain on me too because it affects me pretty heavily. This is not about being right or wrong about a zoo, this is about someone's who's clearly emotionally fragile and just wants a better year after all the bad things that happened. And to see a accusation that puts her in a negative light would only break her more.

Aka, the least you can do is be more considerate. Imagine if you went through the same thing. This whole misunderstanding should have never happened. Christ almighty.
I don't doubt one that she's been through a lot, not at all. But you're going to need some thicker skin if being called out on misinformation.(Granted it was over a week old, but I haven't been too active.)

I was not calling you guys fear mongers and irrational. Just what you guys had to say on the matter.(And another pet peeve of mine is the "just an opinion" defense despite making false observations.)

But going to the more important subject at hand. TBH, you have to careful not abusing pity from people. That's something I used to always be guilty of, especially when I was depressed. It didn't matter how depressed I was, it didn't matter that I felt unwelcomed amongst others, and it didn't even matter that I was a victim. You should avoid trying to try to get pity out of people over the smallest issues, especially with people you don't know or hardly know.

It makes things awkward for others, or even worse, routine. People will become very indifferent to your pain, if not aggressive. From my experience with all of the drama over the years. People hated my guts for being depressed and lonely. I've had many people made huge walls of text of how much they hate me over me being pitiful.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Here's how I look at it. And its not directed to Aussie, Yomi, or anyone. Its a general opinion on a relevant subject.

If you're response to being called out on something is to tell the other person how much you're life sucks, that means you're using your sadness as a means to gain pity, an excuse of being whatever they accuse you of, or the like.

I've lost everything over the course of five years, but if I'm being a sarcastic asshole, which is an occasional thing I know I'm known for, and I'm called out for it? I'm not going to tell them I'm in such a dire state just to get a free pass.

We all got problems, and there are better ways of handling them.

Don't reply to this. This is just me getting weight off my chest. I'm sure there are those who will disagree, but know I'm not looking to prolong this.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I don't doubt one that she's been through a lot, not at all. But you're going to need some thicker skin if being called out on misinformation.(Granted it was over a week old, but I haven't been too active.)

I was not calling you guys fear mongers and irrational. Just what you guys had to say on the matter.(And another pet peeve of mine is the "just an opinion" defense despite making false observations.)

But going to the more important subject at hand. TBH, you have to careful not abusing pity from people. That's something I used to always be guilty of, especially when I was depressed. It didn't matter how depressed I was, it didn't matter that I felt unwelcomed amongst others, and it didn't even matter that I was a victim. You should avoid trying to try to get pity out of people over the smallest issues, especially with people you don't know or hardly know.

It makes things awkward for others, or even worse, routine. People will become very indifferent to your pain, if not aggressive. From my experience with all of the drama over the years. People hated my guts for being depressed and lonely. I've had many people made huge walls of text of how much they hate me over me being pitiful.
I might have no right to say anything about this but when it comes to some posts that shares their own experience, in my opinion just take the posts whatever you will. For me feel great pity regardless, but I don't really reply anything... for now...

Now it reminds me of a quote I just felt interesting... not really anything particularly....
When all else fails, never forget to show them your moves.
If you know where does this quote comes from then you might have played a lot Animal Crossing New Leaf.

I also have heard some interesting post battle interactions in Xenoblade Chronicles 2, I aware some English VA doesn't sound good, and the armor customization is absent, glad that it still kept that post battle interactions, a minor nitpick is some were way too long...

Nia: Poppi, just what exactly is your body made of?
Poppi: Poppi wouldn't tell you, but Poppi would have to kill you...
Chances are you might even hear rare Blade post interactions
This one may not be entirely correct... just a bit of in general
Newt: Hey Rex, I see that it isn't easy being the Aegsis' driver, want me to rub your back?
Rex: UUUUUUUhhhhhhhhhh.......... just which hands are you gonna use?
Here are some battle engage quotes
Rex: Let's show them a thing or three.
Rex: This is gonna be like walk in the park!
Nia: I was never the cautious type.
Some random Blade quotes...
Gorg: LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Newt: EVERY PART OF ME SINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Floren: Pay attention damn you!
Floren: I'm more than just having a ridiculously pretty face
Edit: I also finally got my sixth rare Blade
Also looking at these fanarts made me hope for a Xenoblade 2 anime... even though I know it's a terrible idea:

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Unrelated, but can you send FalKomrade some drawing requests? He barely visits here and I don't have Twitter/Discord.
Wait? FalKoopa does drawning? And he accept requests?
Red Hunter thinking.png

Do you think that, if someone DM him for me too (because I don't have Discord/Twitter), I have a chance to get a request?

Ivander

Smash Legend
I'm not judging anybody, but there can be better ways than just telling some people to suck it up because life sucks. It does, but telling people to suck it up, even in a more sincere manner, isn't that much different from being dismissive, even if you aren't trying to be. There are always going to be people who post how their life sucks.
Yes, it is important that they know that continually posting about it isn't always the best solution and can potentially make people apathetic to their situation, but regardless on what their intentions are, it's still important to be serious about how they feel and that there are certainly better things to say than just "Life sucks" or "There are people who've had it worse." Saying either is still bringing out negativity and negativity only serves to make people even more negative. We have to be more positive than just saying either of the above. Sometimes we have to play the one who listens to the "Boy who Cried Wolf". Even if it frustrates us, one day it may save a life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom