• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Since I have remembered FEW's existence, I'd like to propose one of those roster-making thingys:
It FEW were to get a sequel, and assuming no character from it gets cut(including the DLC ones), how would the new roster be like? Also assuming no character from the three games gets new ones.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
They just recently tweeted the amount of characters are "lots" and "maybe some new guest characters too."

Now I'm really excited.
Another guest character that would be ****8ng hype but that I know won’t happen is Rusty from SteamWorld Dig.

D

Deleted member

Oh god...

View attachment 134357

Not my dokis. They don't deserve this.

View attachment 134358
I definitely knew why MatPat chose this game over any other recent popular games. It is from a quote that Opossum Opossum posted a while back. This will probably get a few sequels and a lot of discussion because of it's hidden lore. This is why his FNAF theories are one of his most viewed videos, as it is very popular and a hidden lore can be made, he can go more into depth about his theory.

Yeah, I was gonna mention this. For as much grief as he gets, most of MatPat's FNAF theories are entirely on point.

He just works better with games that have this kind of hidden lore, as opposed to creating it for games that don't naturally have it.

Last edited by a moderator:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
At least nailed one of my predictions; Destiny 2 had 6 nominations, but got nada.
That reminds me that I got to check my The Game Awards prediction... See which I got right and which I got wrong.
I only know I am wrong on The Game of The Year.
I am also doing my beat to complete quests, especially one particular Blade quest that I want to see how it goes.
I feel the quests are more refined but there are some quests where I can't find the collectibles...
And I am trying to unlock Perun's second affinity line on her affinity chart. But I think I might need to proceed the chapter to get more locations.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well what I was joking about in my last post was less "MatPat made a DDLC Theory" (and it's no surprise anyway, it was an inevitability), and more "oh god we are gonna get a bunch of kids in the DDLC fandom and it will ruin everything".

I know that sounds really bad but I kinda just want this game to not get too mainstream like FNAF or something.

As for the theory itself, I did take a look.

All he's theorising is that the DDLC girls are supposed to be from a different game where they would require sentient A.I (only Monika and later Sayori are self-aware and gain omniscience within the DDLC universe, but Natsuki and Yuri do have sentience too), and were hastily repurposed by someone to make a dating sim, but weren't able to remove the girl's sentience when putting them into DDLC.

On paper that sounds really cool, but I think there are too many holes for it to be the case. For one, Dan has already said he has no further plans for the girls beyond merchandising (he's apparently making a pitch to Goodsmile to make something with them, Doki Nendos when???). So beyond a potential easter egg, I don't think the girls will appear in Dan's next project, though it may possibly be connected (like DDLC is an actual game in the universe of his next project, and maybe we will find out the in-universe reason behind the girls' sentience)

DDLC definitely is a glorified advertisment for his next game though, due to all of the hidden stuff you can find, mostly through the ARG elements. However, I think the character that does have a chance to appear in the next game is MC-kun (as the fandom calls him), and I'm surprised MatPat didn't catch this. For one, Dan specifically said the girls don't have any future in a new game, but that doesn't rule out MC-kun. But more importantly, there is a file that basically confirms it. I forget which girl's CHR file you have to decrypt, but one of them gives you a Notepad file that is a letter dated from 2018. In this letter, the writer is basically apologising for "not being able to save them" and thanks the intended reader for sticking with them and apologises for not doing a whole lot. I forget the full contents of the letter but I know it ends in the phrase "its time to be a ****ing hero. Both of us". There was a reddit post that went into much more detail, but if you read this letter with the assumption that it's written by MC-kun and addressed to us, the players who guide him in DDLC, it makes a lot more sense (people originally assumed it was from Monika but couldn't really figure out what it meant coming from her). MC-kun had a pretty terrible, complacent attitude, like your typical harem protagonist, and it's very much part of why the girls suffer the fate they do (especially Sayori). This would be what he's apologising for, he never really took action on his own. But now he wants to redeem himself somehow and wants us by his side. And since the letter is dated from 2018, it could be sent from whatever game Dan makes next. There's even more to it than that but the basic idea is that MC-kun is probably coming back. If anyone is supposed to be from another game, it would be MC-kun.

Also another reason why I doubt the girls are from another game is because Monika says in Act 3 that she wrote the game's description we see on Steam and what not, and even has her own Twitter account for promoting it (which she indeed does). Monika is already part of the game before you begin.

I think the most likely scenario here is that, in the universe of the next game from Dan Salvato, DDLC itself will have been some kind of experiment, and MC-kun will be the test subject. The girls are legit part of DDLC, but maybe the purpose of the experiment was to do with perception of reality and how being transported to a virtual reality effects someone, which would explain the girls' sentience (they need to be believable enough for MC-kun to think they're real).

I kinda rambled, but I just don't think the girls are from another game, nor will they show up in another game beyond maybe an easter egg.

EDIT: Also I forgot to mention that MatPat was totally off base with what Monika did to tamper with Natsuki. She wasn't making her "a total jerk", Monika was amplifying Natsuki's physical and mental malnourishment, which is why the neck snap jumpscare exists (because her body is so frail) and why she starts screaming "PLAY WITH ME!!!" like a demented three year old and stuff like that.

Last edited:

Chrono.

It's Johnny boy.

tl;dw: He thinks it's fantastic but feel they kinda went overboard with the amount of Moons you can get and how it's easy to get burned out by it in the post game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

ChikoLad ChikoLad
I can't see "MC-kun" being made into a character, it's clear his lines are only part of the script(and the girls besides Monika aren't able to perceive the fact he's fake) and that he really is supposed to be you as he has less lines each act due to Monika messing with the game.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
ChikoLad ChikoLad
I can't see "MC-kun" being made into a character, it's clear his lines are only part of the script(and the girls besides Monika aren't able to perceive the fact he's fake) and that he really is supposed to be you as he has less lines each act due to Monika messing with the game.
That's exactly what he's apologising for in his letter though. His inability to do anything.

Here's the reddit post that first proposed the theory about MC-kun, you can get all of the details here. I definitely think there is more in store for him.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DDLC/comments/7gaaal/the_main_character_you_play_as_is_talking_to_you/

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If Super Saiyan Rosé Goku Black is a base game character for FighterZ would Zamasu be unlikely for dlc? ..or more likely?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Since I have remembered FEW's existence, I'd like to propose one of those roster-making thingys:
It FEW were to get a sequel, and assuming no character from it gets cut(including the DLC ones), how would the new roster be like? Also assuming no character from the three games gets new ones.
As long as Jakob is there, I dont care whos in the game
Anyways, Azura confirmed broken in FEW
https://www.destructoid.com/fire-em...te-detailed-includes-more-free-goodies-476768
No idea what anything else means but infinite Dragon Tiki sounds fun
****, the page is dead

Chrono.

If Super Saiyan Rosé Goku Black is a base game character for FighterZ would Zamasu be unlikely for dlc? ..or more likely?
Regular Zamasu probably not.

Fused Zamasu I think could make it, since he has his own set of techniques and the Power Stressed form. Plus he's very popular.

D

Deleted member

This was a really good video
I've always liked cheat codes and stuff but it's kinda sad they've been falling off in recent years.
Hell, even super secret unlockables were fun but it's rare to see that stuff nowadays

Chrono.

Delete this nephew (double post snafu due to bad internet)

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Regular Zamasu probably not.

Fused Zamasu I think could make it, since he has his own set of techniques and the Power Stressed form. Plus he's very popular.
Fused Zamasu would be cool.

I think for the 8 dlc characters I’d want: Fused Zamasu, Master Roshi, Broly, Janemba, Kefla, Videl, Mira and Baby.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This was a really good video
I've always liked cheat codes and stuff but it's kinda sad they've been falling off in recent years.
Hell, even super secret unlockables were fun but it's rare to see that stuff nowadays
They're gone because everything that would be a cheat code in the past is now paid DLC.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Tfw when I am exploiting the most salvageable spot to get all Rare Blades.

Suck on that Core Crystal RNG!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
In the last 5 years, these things happened before DMC5

• Megaman 11
  • A Dragon Ball fighting,game from ArcSys
  • A Retro 2D Sonic game witch was the highest rated in the past
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Soul Calibur 6
  • Kojima left Komani
  • Naruto ended
  • Spider-Man was in the MCU
  • The Cubs (and Astros :yeahboi:) win the World Series
  • Guts got off the boat
  • Cloud and Bayonetta in Smash
  • Star Wars has a new Trilogy
  • Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman were all on the big screen at the same time
  • We got a 2D Metro is
  • Beyond Good and Evil 2
  • The Last Guardian and Final Fantasy 15 finally came out.
  • Hey Arnold: The Jungle Movie happened
  • Gay Marriage was legalize
  • Pikachu talked to Ash
Samurai Jack also came back and ended. Black Panther made his movie debut. A new 2D Metroid was made. Bleach also ended. Ultimate Spider-Man premiered and ended on TV. The Flash got a new TV show. A new Dragon Ball show came out. Another MvC was made. Mega Man Ryu ,and Pac-Man were also in Smash.

D

Deleted member

What games do you want remade on the Switch the most?

Anyways, Mario 64, Majora's Mask, and Ocarina of the Time on the Nintendo Switch would be spectacular. One, I can play one of the best games of all time on the Nintendo Switch ( I do not have a 64 anymore ). I do not know, it would just be charming to see some iconic Nintendo 64 games on the Switch. I know the Wii U kind of did this with the SNES, but SNES games and 64 games on the Switch would be much better. Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ivander

Smash Legend

Anyways, Mario 64, Majora's Mask, and Ocarina of the Time on the Nintendo Switch would be spectacular. One, I can play one of the best games of all time on the Nintendo Switch ( I do not have a 64 anymore ). I do not know, it would just be charming to see some iconic Nintendo 64 games on the Switch. I know the Wii U kind of did this with the SNES, but SNES games and 64 games on the Switch would be much better. Thoughts?
I can't exactly see them happen because of their remakes on the DS/3DS. You have Super Mario 64 DS that added Yoshi, Luigi, Wario and a couple new Stars. Than you have the 3DS remakes of Ocarina of Time & Majora's Mask. And 2 of them happened recently.

Anyway, if there's any game I want remade, it'd be Seiken Densetsu 3. And seeing as Final Fantasy Adventure has been remade, Secret of Mana is being remade and the artist who did the designs for the new remake did artwork regarding Seiken Densetsu 3's cast, it's actually possible and I want it. The original game was fantastic.
Other remakes I would like are From Software doing a Lost Kingdoms remake/sequel and Nintendo doing a simple Mario Party 2 remake.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Prime Trilogy...yknow...to get us prepared for the eventual Prime 4 release...

Plus Metroid Prime is my favourite game so having that on what is potentially my favourite system would be awesome...

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I want a Billy Hatcher remake.

Sega: "What the hell is a Billy Hatcher? Only Sanic exists to us."

Rizen

Smash Legend
Prime Trilogy...yknow...to get us prepared for the eventual Prime 4 release...

Plus Metroid Prime is my favourite game so having that on what is potentially my favourite system would be awesome...
It would be great if it has wii style aiming. Why didn't that catch on? It was great for FPS.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
. Please sega remember! I would love online play for the multiplayer of the game.
Yes.

Have Kazama Kiryu, Selvaria Bles, and Arle Nadja as egg animals.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

I've already said it multiple times but :4drmario: plz

Preferably on par with Dr. Mario 64

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Dbs spoilers

I didn’t like how they wasted Katoplesa honestly.

Quitela went out like a *****! Just how I hoped!

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Dbs spoilers

I didn’t like how they wasted Katoplesa honestly.

Quitela went out like a *****! Just how I hoped!
Im a simple man
I see the kekekeke rat getting ****ing erased and I press like

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Uh @ShiSho, you might want to settle down your pal Alucard.

The more I look in that server, the more he's trying to bait you.

And I thought that Brash the Bear was an annoying gag.

Ivander

Smash Legend
It's amazing how easy it is to give Healers SP once you give them their Wrathful Staff upgrade. Otherwise, you have to rely on getting SP from healing characters. Which isn't hard since you can simply give someone Fury, than do the Starting Floor on Training Tower and heal them whenever they are attacked, but it's tedious.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Uh @ShiSho, you might want to settle down your pal Alucard.

The more I look in that server, the more he's trying to bait you.

And I thought that Brash the Bear was an annoying gag.
Uh, you tagged the wrong Shisho....

And I haven't done Brash worshipping in years. So that gag is technically dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom