• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
In Fate/Grand Order news, I reached some big milestones:

1) My Chu Chulainn finally reached Third Ascension the other day:

Not only is he finally stronger now, but he also got a really nice, slick new armor suit! Can't wait to make even more use of him in F/GO!

2) I finally had a servant reach Max Ascension for the first time: the one and only Oda Nobunaga!

She's really easy to Max Ascend since all she needs are skulls to reach the next ascension stage, so as long as you invested enough during the Nobunaga event, you can easily get her to Max Ascension.

I've been using her a lot more lately, and man, she can really hit like a truck! Those crit gains combined with Arts cards means she can use her Noble Phantasm frequently if used properly.

My only complaint with Nobunaga is that she doesn't get any costume changes with each ascension. I mean, her normal outfit is okay, but I'd like to see some nice new additions here and there to make her feel more fresh as she levels up.
Well, Nobunaga is a Welfare Servant, and besides Saber Lily, Welfare Servants don't get anything. That being said, that doesn't make them bad. Nobunaga is one of the best Welfare Servants and for a while.
Cu is coming along nicely. That being said, make sure you get some Snake Jewels from the Christmas store, as Medusa, Robin Hood and Euryale use them for their Ascensions.
How are you coming with Santa Alter? The last main quest is up and she can be gotten now.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Well, Nobunaga is a Welfare Servant, and besides Saber Lily, Welfare Servants don't get anything. That being said, that doesn't make them bad. Nobunaga is one of the best Welfare Servants and for a while.
How are you coming with Santa Alter? The last main quest is up and she can be gotten now.
Just got two copies of her the other day. I completed all of the main story quests for the Christmas event as well, and I'm currently grinding up with the other quests to gather more Ascension materials (namely Seeds of Yggdrasil so that I can ascend my Robin Hood once more).

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Hmm.. if Goku and Gohan were to fuse would their fusion be named Gogoku? Kakerhon? Kuhon?
Gokhan seems to be the common fan name.

Kakhan and Gohkrot/Gohkrotto are ones I like.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So this looks awful and horrifying.
For like half the trailer I thought it was completely cgi but then I saw Christoph Waltz and was very confused.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't get the Raviolli hate, I found him a pretty entertaining character tbh, he's a big *** tsundere but he's not aggressive like some common examples and having a Champion that doesn't suck Link's **** is appreciated. The dialogue he has in the fight with the Windblight Ganon is some of my favorite in the game.

He also has the best ability because Raviolli's Gale is just super fun and useful, what even is climbing we just soar three times in a row and then wait 5 irl minutes.

Haven't done Gerudo Desert yet so this may all change though
My problem with Revali is that, aside from the fact that dat ain't Falco, we don't get nearly enough time to really care about his relationship with Link or even with the Rito Village.

The memory cutscene between him and Link is so cringe inducing to me because Link is a silent protagonist. You can't have a guy throw shade and have it be entertaining when the guy he's throwing shade at doesn't react in the slightest. It doesn't help that it's bloody Link he's talking to, we know Link is a badass in any game, so having Revali talk so much smack is pointless, especially when we really don't see anything to back it up. It makes it look like Revali is just talking to a wall, to himself even, Link isn't phased by his gloating so there's no point in showing us it. I hate to make the comparison but it's so hard to avoid here - compare it to Fox and Falco in various Star Fox games, Falco is arguably a bigger asshole than Revali (Revali is at least relatively noble and polite in front of Zelda), but he is much more lovable because he has actual chemistry with Fox and the others. They will try to put him in his place when he's talking ****, and when Falco is able to do something heroic in spite of all the **** he talks, it results in a satisfying emotional payoff, cementing his place as an irreplaceable member of Team Star Fox.

Revali doesn't feel like an irreplaceable member of the champions, even his ties to the Rito Village are minimal. All of the other champions have some significance to their respective tribes, meanwhile Revali was just a guy who was good at archery I guess.

IMO Revali would have worked much better if Teba was the Champion and Revali was the descendant. His superiority complex would have had more time to develop and they could have integrated it into the gameplay, with you having to do a bunch of competitions to convince him to join your cause. And if Revali was a family man like Teba, that would have gave him an empathetic side to balance out his "totally not Falco" attitude and would give him something he truly his better than Link at. I think it also would have helped if his desire to excel at everything was driven by lofty expectations being put on him by Rito villagers and the like, when deep down he could have had some really bad self-esteem issues he had to suck up.

I don't hate Revali, his voice is great and so is his theme, but objectively speaking, he was the most poorly executed of all of the Champions. I can't feel anything for the guy when he's got nothing to back up his smack talk, and nothing to really empathise with or sympathise with. Especially when you have Mipha to compare to. Even Urbosa and Daruk at least have significance in their tribes despite not having much connection to Link. Revali just has neither.

Also I don't know what you mean by the other Champions sucking Link's ****, Urbosa doesn't really do that, and Daruk is a Goron and Goron's are just shaped like friends so Link isn't getting special treatment there.

Mipha is the only one who does it.

And I doubt it's limited to the figurative sense in that case. :V

Rizen

Smash Legend
The memory cutscene between him and Link is so cringe inducing to me because Link is a silent protagonist. You can't have a guy throw shade and have it be entertaining when the guy he's throwing shade at doesn't react in the slightest.
Link would be great at fighting GLaDOS.

Ravali's a d*** but his voice actor is actually good. If he had character development instead of commenting "How lucky Link is" after being rescued he'd be more sympathetic. Mipha's actor is mediocre and she's a one dimensional character. There is never any indication the romance between her and Link isn't one sided; if you're going to throw that subplot in don't half *** it. Daruk=discount Darunia. I actually like Urbosa. Zelda is constantly shown to be unsympathetic and take her frustration out on Link while we are told she's sympathetic. You have to show her warming up for that cliche to work. She comes off as selfish and unlikable because that's all we ever see her act like. The other characters have their own challenges but she makes everything about herself without consideration for others, who have to take care of her in her frustration. The voice actor isn't very good either. I think the king was well written and acted (after reading his secret diary in Hyrule Castle).

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Revali never gave me the Formuoli, so **** that dude.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
There is never any indication the romance between her and Link isn't one sided; if you're going to throw that subplot in don't half *** it.
>There is a Zora girl named Kodah that admits to having loved Link in the past and made him choose between her and Mipha in the past. And he didn't choose Kodah...
>The Zora outfit Mipha made for Link, which is a Zora female's equivalent to a wedding ring, fits Link perfectly, implying he was fitted for it.
>Legit best friends since childhood, various Zora comment on how Link practically moved into Zora's Domain to be with Mipha.
>Upon completion of the Vah Ruta quest, you can talk to Mipha's father and literally accept Mipha's love outright if you want to.
>The Mipha memory is like one of the few times in the game Link actually emotes, particularly with an affectionate expression as she pours her heart out to him.

No way it was one-sided. That second last point means it's up to the player's preference in the present day, but there are more than enough clues to support it being mutual in the past 100 years ago, making said option when talking to her father actually believable.

They didn't half-*** Mipha and Link's relationship (one of the few parts of the story they didn't). They just took the Rosalina's storybook approach, letting you discover the full story through side content and optional conversations so as not to invade the pacing of the main narrative. Also it's an adventure game so of course some of the lore and backstory is found through exploring.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Zelda is constantly shown to be unsympathetic and take her frustration out on Link while we are told she's sympathetic. You have to show her warming up for that cliche to work. She comes off as selfish and unlikable because that's all we ever see her act like. The other characters have their own challenges but she makes everything about herself without consideration for others, who have to take care of her in her frustration.
The only two scenes where we see Zelda being hostile toward Link is the one memory where Link visits her at a shrine, and the first memory where Zelda shows a kind of withdrawn and skeptic attitude toward Link as she appoints him to be his knight. Other than that, the rest of her memory scenes show good interactions between the two. The scene where Link saves her from the the Yiga Clan members is also the scene where we see her first warm up to Link; the way she looks at him during it is a face of awe and gratitude that he came to her rescue.

Also, may I ask what do you find about Zelda that makes her selfish? I never got that impression of her from watching all her memories, so I'm curious to hear some perspective on that.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Have you played XC1?, because I think that one is way worse in terms of spiders.
Nope, but I will say that XCX still takes the cake because that game is literally crawling with spiders.

I do think XC2's are stylized enough for them not to bother as much.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Finished the Champion's Ballad DLC.
It's very, very average overall. It's a nice challenge but it can be very obtuse at times.
The Bike is alright.

Winter Urbosa remains the best, Daruk gained some points for his fear of Dogs, Revali is still Revali and Baby Sidon is the cutest thing ever. Oh yeah Mipha is a good sister I guess.

Winter Mustang is still amazing/10

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
After watching more XC2 cutscenes I can say without a doubt Mythra is best Blade.

She uses Judgement and Photon Geyser to make Ahkos **** a brick

Banned to Ubers/10

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Reading the news only makes me happy that I don't pay too much attention to that ****.

Because if I did I would go insane. This world makes less sense day by day.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Stopping by to say I'm still alive. Been out of it thanks to having my ability to sleep disrupted for several days last week thanks to what I now know is a pinched nerve in my back.

In short: TGA was interesting, Bayo 3 hype, SC6 just raises further questions about the rumors with its apparent lack of Switch version, and that's a lot of memes in the thread title.

D

Deleted member

What future games do you think will end up in the Switch? Mario Maker on the switch would be entertaining. The Nintendo Switch has a lot of potential and it is definitely not a fail like the Wii U.
Stopping by to say I'm still alive. Been out of it thanks to having my ability to sleep disrupted for several days last week thanks to what I now know is a pinched nerve in my back.
Well we are glad you are alive! Are you in fine condition?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So I'm watching that PlayStation experience conference and they showed Monster Hunter worlds and at the end I guess they showed the palicoes outfit which was a Mega Man thing but I missed what it said and people said you have to pre-order for it. Why the hell would you keep that as a pre-order bonus when you can just add it as free DLC?

Chrono.

Remastered as in like the Crash Trilogy? Or more like FF7 Remastered(as in that PS4 Port and not the actual Remake)?
Seems to be a Crash Trilogy esque remaster, as they kept comparing the two.

Unfortunately we got no footage and just a small teaser.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Seems to be a Crash Trilogy esque remaster, as they kept comparing the two.

Unfortunately we got no footage and just a small teaser.
So kinda like how we only got a teaser for the Crash Trilogy at E3 only for it to be fully remade in full glory and be known as a great example of a remastered game and was loved among many different players. And the second coming of Dark Souls.

Regardless, wake me up when they announce a Remaster of either Ape Escape, Legend of Dragoon or Legend of Legaia.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So Medieval Remastered is all we got?

I mean. I'll take it but really?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
They did say PSX would be really low key this year but that...
That was awful.

Nothing to show that GoW won't have **** gameplay
lol David Cage
lol Monster Hunter, oh hai Mega Man
The Blazblue trailer was pointless
Soul Cal 6 is cool but that was yesterday
Norman Fetus as well

That Donut game and Medievil are cool but... wow.
Nintendo E3 2015 vibes here.

Chrono.

It's not done yet but yeah it's looking pretty dire.

Not helping is them saying it's the biggest PSX they've done yet.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Well, here's something that I hope will cheer you up from whatever's happening on PSX. Here's a picture of the Sea Warrior 'Orcas'.

What happened to Dorcas?!
That wasn't poison, that was extract of.....ORCA!

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
They did say PSX would be really low key this year but that...
That was awful.

Nothing to show that GoW won't have **** gameplay
lol David Cage
lol Monster Hunter, oh hai Mega Man
The Blazblue trailer was pointless
Soul Cal 6 is cool but that was yesterday
Norman Fetus as well

That Donut game and Medievil are cool but... wow.
Nintendo E3 2015 vibes here.

They showed a blaz blue trailer? Was it cross? Was it anything new? i passed out around that time

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom