• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Were there any awards for Horizon Zero Dawn?

Since BotW won the award or whatever now's a good time to ask: What are everyone's favorite Zelda games?

D

Deleted member

Were there any awards for Horizon Zero Dawn?

Since BotW won the award or whatever now's a good time to ask: What are everyone's favorite Zelda games?
Anyone who answers anything but Link's Awakening is getting a link to the Zootopia comic.
Not the meme, the original one.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Oh...so Game Awards already happened, well then...

BOTW took GOTY as well as a few others...Samus Returns took best Handheld...

Well I'm happy...

I'll look up later what announcements were made, since I got to go to work in a few...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I wonder what Nintendo outfits Bayonetta will have in her next adventure (We have :4peach:
:4link::4samus::4fox: currently)?

I have some ideas:
  • Rosalina (One more Mario princess won't hurt)
  • Inkling (Splattershot guns and demon summonings covered in ink)
  • Captain Falcon (He's sexy & Bayo's sexy sooooo...)
  • Someone from Fire Emblem (That series is popular, right?)
And if PlatinumGames want to secure an extra million copies, they have this sexy beast:

3bc.png

You got any other ideas?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Oh....Bayonetta 3 was teased...oh my...I suppose many people lost their ****s over that announcement...

And Bayo 1 & 2 coming to Switch (cuz wynaut)

Also saw the Champions' Ballad trailer and it seems like there's a crap ton of stuff added...
more shrines, more story, more gear and...a motorcycle!? Well **** they actually did it, I know they wanted to add a motorcycle to Skyward Sword at one point (instead its in Mario Kart) so its not too much of a surprise that its in this game (especially with all the sheiksh tech in the game)

But with that said it seems my $20 is well spent

D

Deleted member

Inyuashiki did its 9/11 episode and I mean it in both ways what the hell was that ending.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
There seems to be a lot of unresolved sexual tension between you two, would you like for me to arrange a room for you two?
Oh you made me remember back in 2015 when a flamewar happened with 10 pages of text wall in a thread between me and Burb and then a user came in and shipped me and Burb

It bring back bad memories...
And it still does exsist...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Anyone who answers anything but Link's Awakening is getting a link to the Zootopia comic.
Not the meme, the original one.
The original IS the meme, soooo... SPIRIT TRACKS BAYBEE
I wonder what Nintendo outfits Bayonetta will have in her next adventure (We have :4peach:
:4link::4samus::4fox: currently)?

I have some ideas:
  • Rosalina (One more Mario princess won't hurt)
  • Inkling (Splattershot guns and demon summonings covered in ink)
  • Captain Falcon (He's sexy & Bayo's sexy sooooo...)
  • Someone from Fire Emblem (That series is popular, right?)
And if PlatinumGames want to secure an extra million copies, they have this sexy beast:

View attachment 134343

You got any other ideas?
A Captain Falcon costume would be neat
also lmao DBFZ leaked ANOTHER character
Goku Blaaack

Rizen

Smash Legend
Out of the LoZ games I've beaten, here's how I'd rank them:

S
Majora's Mask
This game did an amazing job creating a world full of characters with their own lives and stories. It was actually challenging, something other LoZs sadly fall short in. MM also had some of the best gameplay concepts that I wish would return like Mask transformations. It had a creative original story and not another save the princess variant. The villain was awesome.

A
A Link to the Past
Probably the most influential game in the series. It had a great big world to explore; 2 actually. Beautiful pixel art. It's the quintessential bird's eye puzzle-dungeon buster that sets a standard other games should strive for.

Twilight Princess
This is the natural progression LoZ games should have followed from OoT. The world is vast and beautifully lit- something SS lacked that irked me. The weapons all one-upped previous versions and were all useful and fun, even outside their intended uses. Boomerang>gale boomerang, hammer>ball and chain, iron boots>magnetic IBs with quick change feature. The motion controls added to the game without being too intrusive; I loved riding around on Epona bulls-eyeing birds. Most importantly, TP made the series epic. Huge bosses like Stallord are still the more awesome in the series. The dungeons were beautiful and big areas. I also liked the characters. Ilia for example was a well written, well rounded character with importance to the story. Not a walking anime stereotype like BotW champions. Nothing Nintendo could do would make me happier than a direct sequel.

Link's Awakening
I played this until the GB cartridge couldn't save anymore, really. It had a mysterious world that truly felt magical and let the player figure things out. It also had the best movement options of the 2D games.

B

Breath of the Wild
Huge game with the most sheer freedom you'll ever see. Unfortunately the story and characters were uninspired. The combat focused on using the environment but was more simple and imprecise than other games. This is one of many examples of Nintendo needlessly reinventing the wheel. I would have liked more items (clawshot!) and the trials felt like showcases of one concept for the most part.
Still the focus was on exploring a vast and beautiful world, which they nailed.

Ocarina of Time
Still holds true. An iconic game with great content and gameplay, although with more simplistic characters and story.

C

Four Swords Adventures
It might have been a linear arcade LoZ but it looked great and was fun.

NES LoZ
Ground breaking. Interesting trivia; this was the first game with a save feature and not passwords.

Skyward Sword
This game is ugly and one of the most linear. I never felt drawn into the world. The bird, sky and flying felt rushed and weren't fun. The loftwing didn't even have a name as opposed to Epona who I felt a connection to in tp, oot and mm. BotW succeeded where SS failed.
The sword controls were very well done and it was a great game but very disappointing by LoZ standards.

D
Oracle of Ages/seasons
Fun but nothing special like LA was.

E
The Adventures of Link
I have bragging rights for beating this pain in the butt game. It did inspire several of Link's future moves and smash moves.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
North America's next Spatfest next weekend: Which bad holiday gift would you rather receive?

I guess sweater if you ask me

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
reminder rosalina is the god of the mario universe *see mario galaxys ending*

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I was playing Sonic Forces: Speed Battle and used an ad to open one of my chests quicker, and the ad that game up was for some came called "Girls X Battle" or something.

But the music was a remix of the god damn Neon Genesis Evangelion OP.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh you made me remember back in 2015 when a flamewar happened with 10 pages of text wall in a thread between me and Burb and then a user came in and shipped me and Burb

It bring back bad memories...
And it still does exsist...
Yeah, no, you didn't need to remember me of that, not to sound rude but we all know BurbXConor was the OTP
The original IS the meme, soooo... SPIRIT TRACKS BAYBEE

A Captain Falcon costume would be neat
also lmao DBFZ leaked ANOTHER character
Goku Blaaack
http://www.zootopianewsnetwork.com/2017/06/i-will-survive-by-borba-full
Spirit Tracks was cool but it didn't have Linebeck but instead forced me to blow the mic in incredibly specific ways and I still haven't gotten past the desert area because of this bull****
Oracle of Ages/seasons
Fun but nothing special like LA was.
Oracle of Ages is, like, the... 5th or 6th best Zelda game.
Seasons was, well, it was there.
Skyward Sword
This game is ugly
I think you misspelled Twilight Princess
Link's Awakening
>Not SSS+
Please, refer to the link above

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Yeah, no, you didn't need to remember me of that, not to sound rude but we all know BurbXConor was the OTP

http://www.zootopianewsnetwork.com/2017/06/i-will-survive-by-borba-full
Spirit Tracks was cool but it didn't have Linebeck but instead forced me to blow the mic in incredibly specific ways and I still haven't gotten past the desert area because of this bull****

Oracle of Ages is, like, the... 5th or 6th best Zelda game.
Seasons was, well, it was there.

>Not SSS+
Please, refer to the link above
Nah, he was in it iirc, just old

D

Deleted member

North America's next Spatfest next weekend: Which bad holiday gift would you rather receive?

Nintendo digging in on those memes

Next Splatfest will be Loss vs. Survive
Nah, he was in it iirc, just old
That was his grandson you dummy, he's literally called Linebeck III
And he still isn't THE Linebeck so it's not like it matters
I want a Hyrule Warriors sequel just so Koei can correct their greatest mostake of no Linebeck. He could be the only new character and I'd still buy it.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
man i feel bad for the guy who gave up on the brawl out avi because look what just dropped

Rizen

Smash Legend

Ugly. Link has a weird fat lip, there are no definable light sources and everything looks like clay.

TP has fabric textures and dynamic lighting, especially from the lantern. It also had day/night and weather cycles, unlike ss.

man i feel bad for the guy who gave up on the brawl out avi because look what just dropped
My boy Juan made it into smash! . . .sort of

Not surprised that some of his specials wrote themselves since guacamelee basically had the same control scheme+specials as smash. Chicken powers instead of headbutt is a neat idea tho.

Def gonna buy this at some point.

Chrono.

So Beerus, Hit and Rose are in DBFZ, which is about what I expected for this month's reveal.

Was hoping for fused Zamasu instead but Rose is fine too.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

I might picks socks because some sweaters that made from wool easily causes static shock whenever I take it off...and I hate when my feet gets cold.
This video is so perfect.

This comment in the video was also gold but also true.
Life cycle of a weeb like me?
Monday: Watch anime
Tuesday: Watch anime
Wednesday: Watch anime
Thursday: Watch anime Friday: Watch anime
Saturday: Watch anime
Sunday: Watch anime
Me raises hand: Is playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2 or any anime JRPGs watching anime?

And even after XC2's release and hear most of it's soundtrack... I still think this XC2 trailer theme mock up is very good.
Mor Ardain's desert theme is probably the best overworld theme I have heard so far.
Reminds me of X's first part of 亡KEI却KOKU心 a bit.

D

Deleted member

Ugly. Link has a weird fat lip, there are no definable light sources and everything looks like clay.

TP has fabric textures and dynamic lighting, especially from the lantern. It also had day/night and weather cycles, unlike ss.
I love how you purposedly picked those two screenshots to try to prove your point

Look at how colorful and bright the environment is

Now look at TP, there are two colors which are brown and green. Even the water is a greenish blue. Light is weak because the environment is foggy for some reason, and this gets worse.
Link has a weird fat lip
It's literally the same lip as TP Link

It's only more pronounced because it's slightly more pink
there are no definable light sources
Maybe because in that pic he is standing on a ****ing volcano area
everything looks like clay.
I don't know how that would be a problem even if it were true when stopmotion animations using clay models are a thing and I have never seen anyone complain about them being "ugly"
TP has fabric textures
So did Brawl and it looks terrible
More detail=/=better visuals
dynamic lighting
It doesn't even have lighting tho
It also had day/night and weather cycles, unlike ss.
That has nothing to do with visuals though

Rizen

Smash Legend
@Shishœ SS is so ugly his mama kisses the dog when she tucks him into bed. SS is so ugly he has to wear a paper bag over his paper bag. SS is so ugly he was proposed to by a warthog's butt.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
@Shishœ SS is so ugly his mama kisses the dog when she tucks him into bed. SS is so ugly he has to wear a paper bag over his paper bag. SS is so ugly he was proposed to by a warthog's butt.
At least it can fix a light bulb, TP's lighting is **** lmao.
*Hasn't played TP or Skyward Sword enough to form a good opinion on them
I thought that was Brawlhalla.
It was, I ninja'ed you myself lol

Chrono.

You know, unless we got more characters left, I'm actually shocked Broly and Bardock missed the boat on the base roster.

With those 3 and Android 21, the roster sits at 24.

Last edited:
You know, unless we got more characters left, I'm actually shocked Broly and Bardock missed the boat on the base roster.

With those 3 and Android 21, the roster sits at 24.
The thing about DLC is it needs to sell by itself without the rest of a roster to back it up.

And people are sure as hell going to be willing to buy Broly and/or Bardock

EDIT: not to say that Super characters wouldn't but I feel like the movie/special characters are a safer bet.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nah, SS doesn't need to change the light bulb because it ain't broken.
This video is so perfect.

I can confirm the time dilation
I watched 100 episodes of Zatch Bell in a month and since then I managed to watch 20 more episodes.
The Plan To Watch List curse is real too but maybe I'll break it once I'm on vacation

Rizen

Smash Legend

SS is so ugly he has a restraining order from the mirror. SS is so ugly his driver's license photo somehow turned out flattering. SS is so ugly the camera adds ten pounds ...of bricks to cover his face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom