• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
I thanks does this count as the same category for the awards? The two seemed different. ————————————————— I cant believe Geoff actually retweeted this lmao.
Uhh whoops, my bad. I didn't watch the whole stream, so I was badly mistaken. I thought it did, but that actually goes to Monument Valley 2 (apparently).

Sorry for the misinformation. That's the part I missed.

D

Deleted member

Aonuma looked really really happy.

He could barely contain himself with excitement.

That was the best part.
Indeed that was the best part.

I don't agree on humiliating of any side of gaming communities
I am not humiliating them at all, it is just a joke. Do not take it too seriously.

I found the perfect gif.
View attachment 134339
A Gif to surpass Metal Gear.

Also, ****, I had to compress it alot before it work.
I love it! I might use it in future posts!

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
**** YEAH!

Mega Man 11 and Bayonetta 3 in the same week?

Hell froze over and we're heading high to the heavens!

Best week I've had in a long time folks.

Dang it I need to get a Switch NOW.
I know, I wanna see more of that Mega Man 11. At the very least, I really like the art for the backgrounds, the music is good too. I'm excited for the weapons, since the brick one they showed is pretty unique for Classic Mega Man weapons.

NOW, who's excited to be let down by PSX?!

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
There's this guy named Ted who I use to work with back in the day at an old folks' home. He's... An interesting sort to say the least. Whenever he was angry or upset, he would act aggressively towards others as a way of telling them to leave him be. He's got anger issues up the wazoo and I believe that's how he lost his job. I don't know.

Anyways I saw him a couple hours ago at Walmart. And our conversation went something like this.

A: "...oh hey. Its Ted!"
*walks over*
A: "Hey Ted? How's it going?"
T: "Kill yourself."
A: "Alright then. Trade numbers?"
*trades numbers*
A: "I'll text you later."
T: "**** you."

Don't be fooled. On good days, he's actually a pretty cool guy. :laugh:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this, but I watched the first Fate/Stay Night Heaven's Feel movie, presage flower, at a local theater a few hours ago.

Absolute loved every second of it! Ufotable did a fantastic job adapting the first part of Heaven's Feel, which was especially great considering the last time Fate/Stay Night had a movie, it didn't turn out too well (I'm looking at you, Studio Deen UBW). The visuals and soundtrack for the Heaven's Feel movie (Yuki Kajiura returned!) was astounding too!

My full thoughts on the movie are in the spoiler tag below:

First fifteen-ish minutes of the movie focused on Sakura Matou's initial visits to Shirou Emiya's house. They were pleasant to watch since it showed how Shirou and Sakura's relationship developed. During this part of the movie, there were two other scenes I liked. One was a scene where Fujimura was looking through pictures of Shirou Emiya when he was little, and all those pictures had him with Shinji. This does a decent job establishing the past the two characters had. Speaking of Fujimura, she was great comic relief during the fifteen minutes as well. There was also a funny scene where Kuzuki was taking a picture of Fujimura, Shirou, Sakura, Issei, and the Archery Captain together.

I also liked how the Heaven's Feel movie interprets the Shirou and Illya encounter scene. There's a police car that drives by during it, and Illya vanishes after the car passes. The car represents looming danger, and Shirou is reminded back to the Fuyuki City fire. Illya comes up, grabs his sleeve, and tells him he better find a servant or else he's doomed.

The whole part with Shirou getting stabbed by Cu Chulainn Lancer, Rin reving Shirou with her pendent, Shirou trying to fight Lancer, Saber being summoned, Saber fighting Lancer, and Saber trying to fight Archer before Rin stopped him with a command spell is all thrown in the intro credits with some solid music.

The dialogue between Shirou, Rin, and Kotomine was just like UBW with some minor changes here and there (i.e. Shirou's PTSD kicking in). The subsequent Saber vs Berserker battle was short, but it was still epic to watch with some great angles. Illya closes the Church doors behind Shirou and Run using her alchemy, and Berserker arrives. There's a point during the battle where Illya has this chilling, crazed face while noting that Saber regenerates and encouraging Berserker to beat Saber into a bloody pulp. Fearful that Saber could die, Shirou throws himself in front of Saber during the fight and gets brutally injured, to the point Illya just walks away because she didn't think Shirou's death was satisfying enough by going suicidal like that.

Saber and Shirou then walk through the darker part of the city streets until they run into Rider who is biting the Archery Captain's neck like a vampire. Shinji arrives, and Rider and Saber fight. Rider does a bunch of cool chain swings and jumps, but Saber manages to defeat her easily by throwing Rider to a wall by grabbing onto the chains. Shinji makes this complete-shock face that made the entire theater laugh their butt off. We are then reminded that Shinji is despicable when he uses a spell book to order Rider to stand back up as she screams out in pain, but the book burns up. Zouken arrives, and Shinji wimps out.

When Saber is brought back to Shirou's place, she wears a yukata for the time being, and this is the first time we see her wearing one. Gotta say, she looked quite cute wearing it!

Gilgamesh also has one line during the movie, and that's when Shirou visits Kirei so that the latter can heal the Archery Captain. I don't recall what he said, but the audience laughed after he said it. Saber and Shirou also talk about Kiritsugu and the kind of person that he was during the Holy Grail War (the movie also segways into Kirei and Shirou's conversation on the same person several times), and there was some nice interactions and reactions that emerged from the two of them.

We also see True Assassin being summoned from Sasaki, and my god, that scene was dark. Hassan comes out of Sasaki's chest, and then we see the complete gore of Sasaki's remains: his rib cage fully exposed with blood everywhere. He is then devoured by the shadow.

One major new addition ufotable adds to the movie that was not present in the original Heaven's Feel VN was a full explanation as to how Caster ends up being Zouken's puppet, and oh man was it great! Here's how Caster became a puppet:

After Hassan has been summoned, we see Kuzuki sensing his presence while spending time with Issei and two other monks-in-training in a different part of the Ryudou Temple. He tells the the three that he will go out to investigate. We then cut to Caster, dressed casually, who is searching for Sasaki until she notices his sword. She realizes something is a amiss and heads back to the temple. Upon walking into the room with the buddha statue, she is introduced to the most grizzly sight: True Assassin standing over Souichiro Kuzuki's mutulated body. Hassan taunts Caster by stating that he decapitated Kuzuki and then sliced off his arms and legs, and yet Kuzuki still tried to move. At this point, Hassan basically uses Suzuki's body as a bargaining chip. Caster then stabs herself with Rulebreaker so that she can fight on her own without her master, but Hassan quickly kills her and repeatedly stabs her deceased body afterwards. Caster's body is then pulled away by some unknown force, either the shadow or Zouken being the most likely culprits.

The next day, we learn that Issei and the other two monks-in-training survived the ordeal, although they are being hospitalized. There is a brief scene of Shirou visiting Issei in the hospital. During it, Issei takes off his glasses, looks toward the window, and starts crying. You can tell he is very upset over Kuzuki's death, which makes sense considering how much he Issei looks up to him.

There are some cute Shirou x Sakura moments thrown around as well. One of which was a scene where the two sit together as Sakura recalls the time she first saw Shirou, to which Shirou blushes. Then there was a scene where Shirou lets Sakura sleep on his bed for the night, and she grabs his hand during it. There was also a gold scene where Shirou confronts Shinji after he hits Sakura at the entrance of Shirou's house because she has been visiting Shirou too much lately.

Speaking of Sakura, we also see some nice interactions between her and Saber. One scene showed Saber eagerly thanking Sakura for the lunch she made and asking what she could do to help, too which Sakura gets all flustered. There's also a scene where Sakura meets up with Saber at the training room while explaining talking about Shirou.

Anyways, the next major fight in the movie was True Assassin vs Lancer, and oh man, that battle was insanely hype. It was the longest fight in the movie, and every second of it was fantastic! Cu Chulainn had an epic entrance as he dragged Gae Bolg on the ground while walking toward Hassan on top of a tower crane. They then fight on a truck, and we see Cu Chulainn initially running toward the truck at full speed like he's Sonic the Hedgehog (perfect moment to play Gotta Go Fast too). Hassan throws one of the cars at one point, and Cu Chulainn obliterates it with his lance (the truck also rams into a highway fence in the process; RIP truck driver who had the misfortune of driving the truck Lancer and True Assassin were fighting on). They then fight while jumping building to building. Cu Chulainn throws his lance into a wall at one point, and then does a full fledged sprint (he looked kinda funny while running though) to chase after Hassan. He then summons Gae Bolg by saying "Come," and we get an epic shot of the lance flying out of the wall and into his hand.

The final part of their fight takes place in a bog, and here we see True Assassin's Noble Phantasm, Zabaniya, in all of its glory. Ufotable did a great job animating it. We see Cu Chulainn's futile struggle of fighting the shadow as Hassan manages to steal his heart, crush it to kill Cu Chulainn, and then eat it. It was quite the bone-chilling scene,

Rin and Shirou strike an alliance once more, and they had some quality moments together. In one scene, Shirou is about to angrily confront Shinji in school for hitting Sakura, but Rin stops him on the way to warn him that he should have a servant with him for protection, but Shirou grabs her by the shoulders to put her aside as she gets all flustered. They also have some nice dialogue on the rooftop, where we are introduced to Archer coming out from behind one of the drapes.

Later that night, the two and their servants confront Zouken in a park and meet Caster, whose corpse is being used as a puppet. When Saber and Caster are about the to exchange blows with sword and Rulebreaker respectively, Archer intervenes to throw Rulebreaker aside and save Saber. Caster then creates a giant ball of flame similar to what Surtr did in that Fire Emblem Heroes Book II trailers, and while the targets were initially Saber, Archer, and their masters, she throws it toward the shadowed figure instead. The shadowed figure absorbs it via empty space, and it swallows Caster afterward. It tries to attack Rin, but Shirou pushes her away only to end up in the shadow's path (the guy two seats to my right uttered the infamous line "People die if they are killed" when that happened). Shirou survives with no major injuries.

Speaking of Shirou, Heaven's Feel has the most likable version of Shirou, and the first part of the movie already does a good job portraying him in a likable light from the get-go. While he is still reckless to the point he risks himself to save others at times, he does much less of it during the initial days of the Holy Grail War. We also see some great interactions from him with other characters that made him feel more genuine. Next movie though is when Shirou truly becomes an awesome character though, so I look forward to that.

The funniest scene in the movie was the Mapo Tofu scene, and boy did ufo table did a perfect job adapting it from the VN! Shirou runs into Kirei in a Chinese restaurant, and the two sit down to talk about True Assassin. Some hilarity between the two also ensues (the audience had some good laughs). Kirei unbuttons his shirt before his dish, and the camera zooms into his mouth as he eats the tofu like a scene from Food Wars.

The final major battle is Saber vs True Assassin and Shirou vs Zouken back in Ryudou Temple, Shirou and Saber went there to investigate it. The Shirou vs Zouken was true to the source material, with some intense action while capturing Shirou's anger quite nicely.

Saber vs True Assassin was also pretty cool, and we see Saber using the wind power of her sword for once. Unfortunately, she gets caught by the shadow and sinks into it by the end of the fight. True Assassin even tries to use Zabaniya on her, but she manages to repeal it before disappearing.

Once Saber vanishes, Shirou loses his command spells just as she is about to order to appear in front of him to fight Zouken. As Shirou struggles to fight the worms, Rider intervenes and has a badass fight with True Assassin that makes the latter retreat. Rider comments her relief that Shirou is safe, and then Shirou walks back to his home, shocked and saddened that he lost Saber.

Admittedly, the conclusion to the Saber vs True Assassin fight was the only part that I think could've been adapted better. In the VN, Saber's demise during that scene was much more heartbreaking. As she is being swallowed by the shadow, she turns to Shirou and lets out a saddened "Forgive me" before disappearing. After Rider saves Shirou, they also cut out a key line from Rider that made Shirou recall those exact words from Saber when she was first summoned. The delivery of those lines added more emotion to the scene since it was Shirou thinking back to his earliest memories with Saber following her death. I remember getting quite emotional myself when I read that entire scene in the VN. In the movie, without those key lines from Saber and Rider and not cutting to a brief flashback from Shirou's POV, Saber's demise did not have as much emotional impact as it did in the VN. Moreover, I also feel like ufotable rushed the conclusion to Saber and True Assassin's fight. We don't entirely see Saber repelling Zabaniya, nor do we see Hassan screaming out in pain upon Saber stopping his Noble Phantasm.

After that, we have some nice conclusion scenes that hype what's to come in the next movie. The first shows Rin and Archer discovering Zouken's worm room, with the former expressing her disgust. Then there's a scene with Illya and her two servants, Sella and Leysritt, as Illya discusses her plan on going to the city the next day. Sella makes a comment about that, while Leysritt makes some odd noises that causes Sella to nudge her. We then see Zouken and Hassan interacting for a bit, with Hassan mentioning he sees worth in his master. There's a new scene not present in the VN where we see Saber inside the shadow as she tries to swim toward an illusion of the Holy Grail, but to no avail. Saber Alter appears behind her to tell her it is pointless, and she mentions something else that I forgot. We finally see Shirou returning to his house with Sakura waiting at the entrance. She tosses her umbrella to the side and cries tears of joy to see Shirou alive (though I do question why she was wearing open-toed sandals out in the snow during this scene; Sakura, aren't you worried about getting your toes frozen in that kind of weather?). Shirou too expresses some positive words back.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed the Heaven's Feel movie. In fact, I'd say I enjoyed watching this movie more than watching ufotable's adaptation of UBW, which I also really liked. To any Fate series fan, I highly recommend watching it when you get the chance!

Part 2 of the Heaven's Feel movies comes out sometime in 2018. Hopefully, I'll be lucky again to watch it at a local theater again.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING? STOP GETTING YOURSELF SPOILED! PLAY THE GAME!

Nah, just kidding lol I'm fine with that, but I still recommend you play the game if you enjoyed the first, it may not be for the non JRPG fans but this game is just awesome!
I am planning on getting Xenoblade Chronicles 2 at some point, hopefully around Christmas time if all goes well.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Speaking of getting games, I've yet to get WW2. Its the first CoD game in years I'm actually interested in.

Primarily because it's not bases on some futuristic war or some ****.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I found the perfect gif.

A Gif to surpass Metal Gear.

Also, ****, I had to compress it alot before it work.
a bit of reminder...
This gif is on the same cutscenes where after they sleep at the inn... and when Rex was sleeping he later noticed Mythra was sleeping beside him and while still asleep she automatically shuffles Rex's arms on to her boobs...Rex was obviously super blushed and so did Mythra after she woke up. She later got angry and threw stuff at Rex (And Tora...) calling him a monster etc... Rex respectfully told her that she was in the mens room... she later realized that she was sleep walking and got angry that she did it again. That said, before leaving she grudge on Rex that she was staring ... and called him a pervert...

Azurda spoke the truth..
"She's certainly exposing an awful lot of skin.

so yeah... gotta admit there is fanservice stuff, but I'm not that being put off by it

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

a bit of reminder...
This gif is on the same cutscenes where after they sleep at the inn... and when Rex was sleeping he later noticed Mythra was sleeping beside him and while still asleep she automatically shuffles Rex's arms on to her boobs...Rex was obviously super blushed and so did Mythra after she woke up. She later got angry and threw stuff at Rex (And Tora...) calling him a monster etc... Rex respectfully told her that she was in the mens room... she later realized that she was sleep walking and got angry that she did it again. That said, before leaving she grudge on Rex that she was staring ... and called him a pervert...

Azurda spoke the truth..
"She's certainly exposing an awful lot of skin.

so yeah... gotta admit there is fanservice stuff, but I'm that being put off by it
Just look at pictures of Pyra in Google Search, the internet loves Mythra and Pyra a lot.

The next night is when it's going down.

I know I post about Fighting games and Platformers alot. BUT you guys NEED to check these Tekken Ball matches. It's ****ing Pro-level Tekken BALL!
Tekken ball? Sounds splendid. Does the ball tech if it hits a wall and can it wave dash?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I don't regret missing:
-BotW winning GOTY
-Lonk on a bike
-Bayonetta 1,2,3.
-Kojima
-The Avenged Sevenfold dude

I regret missing:
-Tommy Wiseau's lost brother going full Scott Stapp.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So believe it or not, because Fire Emblem Heroes won Best Game of 2017 by Google Play, we do in fact get 20 Orbs and 2017 Feathers. Add that up with the 5 that come with the 50 Refining Stones and 500 Medals and the 2 from the Banner, that's 27 Orbs. :shades: Feels good after using 100 Orbs to get Lyn.

D

Deleted member

I know, I wanna see more of that Mega Man 11. At the very least, I really like the art for the backgrounds, the music is good too. I'm excited for the weapons, since the brick one they showed is pretty unique for Classic Mega Man weapons.

NOW, who's excited to be let down by PSX?!
That's why I'm excited to see what else Game Informer has to reveal of Mega Man 11. It's gonna be awwwweesome.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I am planning on getting Xenoblade Chronicles 2 at some point, hopefully around Christmas time if all goes well.
Cool, the game I can only say I'm addicted to it, kind of like how most people are with Botw during the Switch launch days....
Just look at pictures of Pyra in Google Search, the internet loves Mythra and Pyra a lot.
Obviously lol.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So it sounds like the Game Awards had soms pretty cool stuff but the most important part was all of that BotW fanart coming true.

Screenshot_20171208-084914.png

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
So believe it or not, because Fire Emblem Heroes won Best Game of 2017 by Google Play, we do in fact get 20 Orbs and 2017 Feathers. Add that up with the 5 that come with the 50 Refining Stones and 500 Medals and the 2 from the Banner, that's 27 Orbs. :shades: Feels good after using 100 Orbs to get Lyn.
Game of the year?

Hell no.

**** no. In case you can't tell, I'm mad at FE Heroes right now.

Sixty orbs. I, as a F2P player, managed to grind SIXTY ORBS in the hopes of getting ONE UNIT, ONE green unit, Rhajat (b/c waifus ofc).

All for ONE unit. And you know what happens? Not colourless hell, something even beyond that, something even worse, what I like to dub the... "Getting every colour except the one you want" hell. I ran through one banner I don't know many times in order to get one unit, and you know how many times a green orb appeared on individual summons?

Five, out of THIRTEEN SUMMONINGS! And half of the time I only got ONE green orb to choose from, so I was effectively spending 5 orbs multiple times to run one single banner! And the worst part is that before the last summoning session I did, I literally mumbled 'Hopefully I get a bunch of colourless so I can get Faye instead."

And you know what happened.

NO. COLOURLESS. ORBS.

What the ****? I feel so cheated right now, it's insane :mad::mad::c:c

/rant

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Did all difficulties of Berkut's GHB already lol, his was pretty easy since Joshua could just bait half the enemies to the north while Hector, Nino and Axura took care of things on the eastern portion.
Now I need to train both Berkut and Sharena for an extra Orb and an extra Berkut.

Also, HE'S FINALLY DONE
44 Def at melee let's go
Wonderful 101 on Switch as well. Sounds pretty neat.
Is this for real? I haven't seen anyone else mention it
Zelda won GOTY!!!
God does exist
I hope FEH wins best mobile game every month now

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
And is it me or it seems that the best multiplayer awards at The Game Awards wasn't mentioned?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Having three Mayonesas on the Switch only means one thing:
DLC Bayo suit for Link in BotW

"Time to go vroom!"

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Might be a tad late, but I thought that this Game Awards was really good - probably an 8/10 in my book. Absolutely ecstatic that Breath of the Wild was crowned the Game of the Year, and glad that my other two favourite games got their awards too; Persona 5 with best RPG and Odyssey for Best Family Game, but I am disappointed they got the short end of the stick and mentioned so quickly you would have missed the announcement had you sneezed.

I'm also pretty ecstatic about SoulCalibur VI - but I'm hoping there's going to be a Switch announcement sooner or later. An entire Bayonetta Trilogy coming to the Switch is also just as amazing. I may or may not get the Bayo1+2 bundle again since I have them on the Wii U, but I'm definitely getting Bayonetta 3 when it comes out.

Other personal highlights definitely include seeing the Champion's Ballad DLC trailer, Carol Shaw's speech and Innovation Award, as well as the long lost brother of Tommy Wiseau and "A Way Out." Might consider getting the BotW Expansion Pass tomorrow, now that I've seen everything they have to offer.

The only thing I didn't like was that Accounting+ game. Ugh... the cringe and vulgarity of that game was nearly as bad as Rick and Morty...

Still it was quite the fun afternoon I had watching it.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Remember Smash Bros fans.

You did this.:4bayonetta2:
The ***** is staying I guess. :4bayonetta:

At least she got hit by the nerf hammer this time. If not Smash then at least her own game.:p

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Breh wait till she takes off the weights on her accessories, she gonna smack your *** so fast you won't even be able to say "Forgive me mistress I've been a naughty boy"
I'll just Limit Break her ass then. There's a new King of Smash 4 now. :4cloud:

My god that sounds so horribly wrong.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
"Xurkitree is uncommon" my ***.

Every hole I enter is filled with electrical wires.

D

Deleted member

I'm not exactly sure what the new BotW DLC pack adds? Like, I think I saw some new shrines but that's it.
Well, there's the motorbike though
Breh wait till she takes off the weights on her accessories, she gonna smack your *** so fast you won't even be able to say "Forgive me mistress I've been a naughty boy"
I'll just Limit Break her *** then. There's a new King of Smash 4 now. :4cloud:

My god that sounds so horribly wrong.
There seems to be a lot of unresolved sexual tension between you two, would you like for me to arrange a room for you two?

Chrono.

I'm not exactly sure what the new BotW DLC pack adds? Like, I think I saw some new shrines but that's it.
16 Shrines, a short Divine Beast, some armor, 3 new bosses (2 of which are reskinned overworld bosses), the bike, 5 additional memories and a new weapon (the One-Hit Obliterator.)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

There seems to be a lot of unresolved sexual tension between you two, would you like for me to arrange a room for you two?
Hey, he insulted the QUEEN of video games. Video games are super serious business don't you know?

D

Deleted member

Hey, he insulted the QUEEN of video games. Video games are super serious business don't you know?
Oh, ok, I see what you mean...
I'm sorry but I think arranging a threesome with Bayonetta might not be possible.

D

Deleted member

Mfw I have all these Orbs but no banners I want to summon from because I already got a Takumi for free
Give me an Innes banner you cowards!
Shish I am going to find out where you live and pee in your cola
So you're the dom
Also, if you're going to pee near me just pee on me already.
Stuff nightmares are made of.
And he's the tsundere(aka sub)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom