• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Breath of the Wild won Game of the Year? I have no reason to be surprised about that.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Aonuma looked really really happy.

He could barely contain himself with excitement.

That was the best part.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I am so overjoyed. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, is Game of the Year, and it was a well-deserved award.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I see you're a man of culture as well.

Finally I can share with someone the...

...pain of seeing Nia revealing her killer hips and getting Melia'd anyway.
Oh, I remember the pain of that scene all too well.

Nia: "I love you Rex!"

Rex: "Wha-?"

*Bunch of combat against those shadowed figures follows, and then Rex defends Nia at one point*

Rex: "Nia, I love you too."-

Rex: *immediately after says* -"I love everyone!"

Dammit Rex!

Well, Rex has fallen head over heels for Pyra at this point, so I can understand why he wouldn't reciprocate feelings for Nia that quickly, but still, poor Nia. She got friend zoned hard.

At least she took the rejection like a champ.

I have a feeling, in the next few months, there will be a lot of "I love Emilia" memes that will be used during Rex and Nia's exchange.

On a different note about Nia, I really wish there was a colored version of this golden Nia face:

It's probably the best Nia expression I've seen thus far.

It perfectly fits that one scene in Chapter 5 when Rex starts blushing over Haze grabbing his hand while Nia teases him by saying, "Look at you getting all flustered over her. I'm telling Pyra!"

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Congrats to Aonuma and Nintendo for their first Game of the Year Award. They did a great job with Breath of the Wild and they deserve it for all their hard work.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
After getting so much **** for the Wii U, it's so nice to see Nintendo make a comeback.

I mean, hell, they had 2 nominees for GOTY. That says something.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I'd like to point out a Wii U game won GOTY.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The Bike DLC was made to celebrate BotW winning GOTY by doing wheelies all across Hyrule.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Great to see Nintendo take it. Anouma was so happy and speechless which was nice to see. Pretty good show. Question though. Did heroes win best mobile? I just want to know because maybe we will get some orbs for it.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Breath of the Wild got game of the year?

I'm actually kinda surprised since I was expecting Mario Odyssey to win, but between the two, BotW was the one I liked more (I still haven't beaten all of Mario Odyssey though, but I'm still going off my experiences playing both games).

That said, congrats to Breath of the Wild for the GotY award, and congrats to Anouma for making such a great game as well!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
You know what? Despite all the games, and all the hype, my highlight of the event was...

That redhead violinist.

My heart actually skipped a beat when she smiled at the camera during the Persona 5 part of the GOTY segment.

Forget the chick, Links Motorcycle is the real highlight

Chrono.

Makes sense to me that BOTW won.

It took Zelda in a brand new direction for the franchise.

Mario Odyssey, while an amazing game in it's own right, was mostly just perfecting what was already there from 64, Sunshine and Galaxy.

It's all up for debate though, I know a lot of folks who prefer Mario Odyssey for that exact reason.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Now, obviously, I'm more excited for having fan favorites back in Soul Calibur. Since Nightmare, Siegfried, Kilik, Yoshimitsu, Taki, Ivy, Tira and Talim made the Official Top 10 character poll from a few years ago, I'm betting most if not all of those guys are gonna be in Soul Calibur 6 in some fashion.

Mitsu was also on that list, and there's he's been confirmed as it is. The designs so far seem like SC1/SC2 time though.

Other staples like Voldo, Astaroth, Lizardman and Cervantes are near locks, I think Maxi and Xianghua will be in too, since their play-styles are in the last one as well, except Lexia was in instead of her mother. Zasalamel was also fairly popular and had a unique playstyle while also having one of the better stories in my opinion, so I'd like to see him.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I had too many title ideas so I used them all.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Oh hey, BotW is updating, slowly.

I need the bike.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Now that I'm looking at the Bayo 3 trailer better... Bayonetta is getting destroyed, wow.

Bayo nerfs confirmed for Smash Switch.
. I didn’t know smash switch releases with the smash Bros Wii U/3ds 1.64 update

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I'm starting to think that Bayonetta 3 will return to being a pretty dark game sincd the interviews about a new playable character or not playing as bayonetta or something (I can't remember) could be happening. It looks like bayonetta kinda died at the end of the teaser with her body being ripped apart from afar by that thing....which I presume is the demons god aka Rodin probs. (Or Dante's evil spirit)

All just speculation but blood moon....bayonetta actually struggling and having blood on face...her ribbon torn in half and guns and legs falling to the floor must mean something.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Dude, seriously. A mod told you to stop.
If you notice my last sentence...
I already decided to stop, so thanks for reminding me that again.
And it's not just me needs to stop by the way...
Also the mod just implies that "bad design" subject particularly regarding XC2 should stop (Unless the mod says otherwise). As for about XC2 other worth while stuff, I still have the right to mentioning about it, that said I am not gonna bother any unfair criticisms from then on.

Also sorry for DD post...
Sharing this because there's a 2-second mention of EO in it
Though really, MiA would be a great fit for a game if done right.
Keyword being "if"
Didn't notice you shared the video already.. lol I prefer MiA video game to be more MMO style, kind of like Xenoblade since the MiA world building is amazing.
And I have shared those imagined gameplay pic as well... don't know if you noticed that or not.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm back from Disneyland and had an overall good time. I'm exhausted now but I'm satisfied with the trip. It went pretty well, with a few issues here and there.

On the other hand, this state is full of fires that are spreading rapidly and the high winds are making them all even worse. I'm really hoping this situation gets taken care of soon. From what I can tell, the fires have only been getting worse every day since they started so far.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I'm back from Disneyland and had an overall good time. I'm exhausted now but I'm satisfied with the trip. It went pretty well, with a few issues here and there.

On the other hand, this state is full of fires that are spreading rapidly and the high winds are making them all even worse. I'm really hoping this situation gets taken care of soon. From what I can tell, the fires have only been getting worse every day since they started so far.
This reminds me I have to check with my friends to see if our outing to Christmas Town at Bushe Gardens is still a go

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

I heard. Stay safe out there in California, bud.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Oh, man. Stay frosty and safe. :c

I did a thing for the first time. I don't really play traditional fighting games so this was kind of hard. . .and required multiple continues so it isn't even impressive lol. But hey, it's step one of a process of gittng gud at fighting games. Mostly for BlazBlue CorssTag and DBZF. But hey I had fun and beat a game I had not before so it's a good thing. well other than Akuma at least

**** AI that can punish a move on the same frame you input it.
God bless Medium Punch

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Ok sweet. Champion's Ballad has downloaded for me. Time to get stuck into it.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I STILL haven't played Bayonetta so this is perfect.
Switch is the best Nintendo console... when Bayonetta 1,2 and 3 are all going to be on Switch...
Now I want XC and XCX on Switch....
I bet there are so many pissed off sony people about Bayo 1 and 2 being on Switch and Wii u and Bayo 3 being switch exclusive
They might try to persuade people to boycott Switch flop in 2018 in order to make Bayonetta 3 ported to other platforms lol...
^
This must be the Sony, Microsoft, and PC - Master race community when they heard Bayonetta 3 is Switch Exclusive.

Nintendo fans are having a blast!
I don't agree on humiliating of any side of gaming communities but I will take it just a parody lol.
Zelda won GOTY!!!
Mario: Slowly clapping...
Although I don't have Xenoblade Chronicles 2, I did watch a full playthrough of the game and all of the story cutscenes. The game has a great story and a great cast of characters.

My favorite of the cast? Nia!

Having a nice Welsh accent is one thing, but to me, she has some of the best dialogue in the game. She has some nice sass with some awesome interactions with the other characters. Great backstory and character development too.

Pyra is cute and all, but Nia is best girl of Xenobllade Chronicles 2 for me. She needs some more love. I'll make her my avatar for the time being.
WHAT ARE YOU DOING? STOP GETTING YOURSELF SPOILED! PLAY THE GAME!

Nah, just kidding lol I'm fine with that, but I still recommend you play the game if you enjoyed the first, it may not be for the non JRPG fans but this game is just awesome!

So you like Nia?
I had some aches on her VA at first, but then I do think her accent is pretty rad and it just sticks lol.
On a different note about Nia, I really wish there was a colored version of this golden Nia face:

Who knows there's just might be...
Also I'm staying away from chapter 5 spoilers.... I'm gonna grind a bit on chapter 4...

I also if you want to discuss XC2, you can also go to
https://smashboards.com/threads/colony-96-a-xenoblade-series-discussion-thread.446454/

I've been lowkey a traitor for a while.

A r m o r e d W a i f u M o s t L u m i n o u s.
My fav Waifu...

Floren... aka
VENUS BOY TRAP
My fav is actually Newt/Nyutsu and I was thrilled that I got her.
To EA:
This is what "pride and accomplishment" is...
That said Floren is still a Blade I can count on.
I see you're a man of culture as well.

Finally I can share with someone the...

...pain of seeing Nia revealing her killer hips and getting Melia'd anyway.
Eh.... I'm gonna not talk about that... for now....
And I know you set it as spoiler but it's a bit grudging to know those... heheheh....
Makes sense to me that BOTW won.

It took Zelda in a brand new direction for the franchise.

Mario Odyssey, while an amazing game in it's own right, was mostly just perfecting what was already there from 64, Sunshine and Galaxy.

It's all up for debate though, I know a lot of folks who prefer Mario Odyssey for that exact reason.
I really did hope for Odyessy, but hey I already said even if Odyssey didn't win it will be Botw. And I do admit that Botw deserve this award.

I had too many title ideas so I used them all.
And it fits so well, your a genius!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I heard. Stay safe out there in California, bud.
Oh, man. Stay frosty and safe. :c
Thanks....thankfully, I don't live in a location too near any of the current fires but it's been stated that more could still occur. I am wary of that.

Right now I'm more concerned about the people that are being affected by them. The damage from these fires has been really bad, and it's only going to get worse for as long these fires continue burning. The sooner they're stopped, the better.

D

Deleted member

**** YEAH!

Mega Man 11 and Bayonetta 3 in the same week?

Hell froze over and we're heading high to the heavens!

Best week I've had in a long time folks.

Dang it I need to get a Switch NOW.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I found the perfect gif.
salt-2-compressor.gif

A Gif to surpass Metal Gear.

Also, ****, I had to compress it alot before it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom