• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

I have never played X7, but I refuse to believe it's worse than X6. It just can't be.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
There's also a Street Fighter thing in a few hours too.

But more importantly, I need to know if the DMC5 and Soul Calibur 6 rumors are true.

D

Deleted member

Mega Man? Yes, I heard of him, seems a pretty cool guy, very happy for him and his 11 sons

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I have never played X7, but I refuse to believe it's worse than X6. It just can't be.
I haven't finished X7 since my only experience with it was playing it on a PS2 emulator and I couldn't run it that well on my laptop.

From what I have played though, it's nowhere near X6 levels of bad. X6 was just an exercise in frustration and had a lot of terrible level design choices that had no right to be there considering they were building off the same engine as X4 and X5. It did have a few interesting ideas but they couldn't save the fundamentally flawed level designs.

X7 is just mediocre. It deserves credit for trying to innovate the series more than any game since X4. It introduced fully 3D sections and a new game play style with Axl, and had 3D graphics for the first time in the series. From what I recall though, a lot of the level design was just kind of bland and not too taxing, mainly because they hadn't really figured out how to make the 3D space not invalidate and trivialise their obstacles since it was their first try. The environment design was pretty meh too, for the most part.

Also, you had to unlock the ability to play as X. And I don't mean "you play as Axl for the tutorial and then you get X". You have to save a large number of Reploids before you unlock X, which is pretty much an optional thing like in X5. So you either get used to Axl or are already comfortable with Zero, otherwise the game is a pain for you.

Chrono.

There's also a Street Fighter thing in a few hours too.

But more importantly, I need to know if the DMC5 and Soul Calibur 6 rumors are true.
What Street Fighter thing?

Also the DMC rumors are annoying me at this point, I saw this on my suggestions box and nearly exploded.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so it goes without saying but who else is excited the nintendo switch will be getting 19 megaman games next year

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Not a hype ruiner, but slightly concerning.

The MMX games may not be a collection, but released separately.

Its not a big deal since the main ones I want are X1, X4, X7, and X8 (maybe X5 too). But I really would just rather a collection.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Welp, just got home from work. Oh right, there was a Mega Man anniversary stream. Ah well, not like they actually revealed any-

>Mega Man X Collection
>Mega Man 11
>Both on Switch

Oh, that's what we're doing today, Capcom? Making people happy? Keep doing that, I like it a lot.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
DISCLAIMER: For those who haven't even play Xenoblade Chronicles 2 or haven't reach to around mid chapter 2, this video will have some gameplay cutscenes, so if you are worried with even minor spoilers don't watch this video.
That said, those who have already finished chapter 1 and 2 are can watch this video without any worries.
I think even though I don't have the same knowledge with the Digital Foundry guys and it's not like I don't care about the graphics, but hear me out, as someone like me who play Xenoblade Chronicles 2 ONLY in handheld for over 17 hours for now (Also have played XC 3D for over 120 hours!). The graphics isn't pretty but overall it is acceptable. And to be honest I do aware the game did look pretty blurry especially right when you play the game in portable mode.
My only main issue is how whenever I skip travel to Argentum Trade Guild, the detail structure took a bit some time to load, it's not a deal breaker or anything but still a bit annoying to see. A bit odd that they didn't mention this...
I understand DF is a pro for analysing frame rate, but despite it does have frame drops, you have to know three things:
- This game... is big... even bigger than Botw... um... actually scratch that... not sure if it's bigger than Botw but the world is big and immersive nonetheless. At least XC2 has more building and even ships compare to Botw with more natural landscape, still is a bit odd since Monoltihsoft which actually the company that help making Botw's open world.

- Quote the word "Certain situations" which is a normal thing even in XC 3D, and as for now I dare say XC 3D had way more frame drops happening compare to XC2. And it's mostly in chain attacks and intense battles when many arts happening at once. That said, XC2 barely has any significant frame drops or lag, even when I had unleash the Blade combo special arts seal the animation runs totally smooth, in and I repeat... in handheld. frame drops do exist in the game but at least it isn't like Rime which is totally a bad frame drop and lag.

- The cutscenes in handheld mode does look blurry sometimes, but overall it's impressive and I have never felt the cutscenes were damped down. I can still see the fire, I can still see the reflection of metal, I can still see Pyra's jiggle physics...

As for DOOM it felt even more blurry but it was a pretty similar experience for me as well, it doesn't look great but I still enjoyed it.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Is this the thing Namco bandai thing?

If the slightest mention of Taiko no Tatsujin is talked about, tag me
I have know that arcade game for a while, it would be awesome for that series to be ported to Switch where the Joy Con's motion controls and HD rumble can really work, which the rumble can help you tell if you are hitting the center drum or just the side.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I have know that arcade game for a while, it would be awesome for that series to be ported to Switch where the Joy Con's motion controls and HD rumble can really work, which the rumble can help you tell if you are hitting the center drum or just the side.
Taiko no Tatsujin was actually on Japan's Switch line up back in January. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1333453

But the long silence about it is making its fate unclear.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Mega Hombre 11 looks clean.
And yes, Mega Man in spanish sounds weird.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
What Street Fighter thing?

Also the DMC rumors are annoying me at this point, I saw this on my suggestions box and nearly exploded.

There's a stream for SFV:AE. It's supposed be in a few hours, like 3 hours after the Mega Man stuff.

ANYWAY, in that trailer, we see the gear meter Mega Man has, looks like a red one and a blue one. So I'm guess each offers a different buff to him? That meter also uses the Rush Coil. From the looks of it, it'll at least give you a Charge shot mode like in Mega Man X3, with the Gold Armor. So that's what I could decipher from everything.

look a few posts up

Capcom has not announced an X collection.
I'd probably be one of the few people okay with it not being a Collection. I only really need X8. Not that I wouldn't still enjoy the first 4 1/2 titles of the Mega Man X games. And MMX6 is my guilty pleasure game.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Damn dude, and I thought I liked the DBFZ art that they had at Game Informer. Shoutouts to all the USA Cover Mega Men. I really hope the game is good, AND it does well.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So with Dragon Ball FighterZ coming out at the end of next month, it would seem we have at least 2 big V-Jump reveals left (not counting any potential Jump Festa trailer, since we already know the game will be there.) Given how we've gotten 2 to 4 characters in these, it would seem we have from 4 to 8 characters left to round up the full main roster.

I'm betting on this month's character reveals being focused on Super era characters, as in the last month we explicitly got a "Buu arc" reveal. Those characters in my understanding would be Beerus and Hit (very possibly leaked by Jump last month, Hit was the more dubious one but it seems more likely now that we have a Ginyu icon to compare and found out they're very different) alongside Fused Zamasu (though we could get just Rose). My main reasoning for Zamasu being that we got the Goku Black era Bad Future stage in the game, however, the story itself uses the bad future so It's possible Zamasu or Black don't show up till the DLC wave. There's also the possibility of Vegito showing up here. But, yeah, that's my "bold" prediction for this month's wave of characters.

As for the January V-Jump, I got no idea. I can see them revealing Android 21 as a playable character (though I think that might be it's own separate reveal like Trunks was), maybe some movie/OVA characters or, hell, the final reveal could be this month. I don't see any Tournament of Power or GT era characters since those scream DLC fodder, same goes for a couple of movie characters.
If they reveal 4characters and they are Beerus, Hit, Master Roshi and Hercule then FighterZ would be perfect.

Also damn I need the Ultimate Gohan trailer already.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I mean, I get people use Orange and Chocolate a lot, but it ain't for me.

Anyways, if the Street Fighter thing is also more than nothing, do you think we'll see some new characters? I remember hearing some event that hinted at Sakura. So she might be next, if not Sagat.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Taiko no Tatsujin was actually on Japan's Switch line up back in January. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1333453

But the long silence about it is making its fate unclear.
Oh yeah, now that reminds me, also there's a new Tales of game but... I would be glad if they port Tales of Berseria too.

And who knows, there's a chance I might prefer Berseria than Xenoblade Chronicles 2 if it comes to Switch.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
A thought occours. Mega Man X collection will have achievments on non-Nintendo systems right?

What will the ones for X7 be?

Finish Flame Hynyard fight without muting the voices?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Speaking of tagging.

--- ---
Curious as to your thoughts!
First things first, it looks like they're using a slightly altered version Mega Man's Smash Bros. design for this new game. As the Game Informer cover-art has Inafune's design mixed in with the others (though I hope he returns for some promotional/bonus artwork). I think this could bode well for his return (& Ryu's?) in future titles in the Smash series. It looks like Roll will be using her new design as well that was leaked last month.

The return to 2.5d makes a lot of sense, as pretty much every other platforming series has done that by now. I think the only reason it took Capcom this long is that Powered Up! was a massive failure. Thankfully this looks a lot more fast paced than that title and much sharper graphically to boot. The big thing gameplay-wise I'm looking for is whether or not normal buster shots can pass through objects/walls like previous numbered titles or not.

I'm a bit nit-picky on the copy-outfit changes, but I'm sure there's a new gameplay mechanic to back it up. So I'll save my opinion on that until we get further news. This looks like the game Mighty #9 was trying to be (ironically 3DS/Vita ports are still on the way), and in that sense I think Capcom may succeed in finally bringing the series into the modern gaming landscape, or at the very least is learning from past mistakes/successes. Ex: Smash Bros, Ducktales Remastered, Powered Up!, Mighty #9, etc.

Legacy Collection ports make way too much sense (still waiting on the Disney Afternoon Switch port). Mega Man 9 on the go has been a personal dream of mine for a couple years now. Amiibo support has been announced, so it'll be interesting if we get new content for LC2 as well as a Gold Mega Man re-print (currently the rarest Smash Bros. series amiibo).

X1-X8 coming to all platforms is great. X8 in particular I feel deserves to be rediscovered by a new audience. I think it's a good bet that Capcom has X9 plans in the works for 2019 and are waiting to see if these ports/MM11/cartoon do well.

Mega Man 11 Wishes:
Robot Master Fan Contest (DLC?)
Unlockable 8-Bit OST
Stage Creator (pipe dream yes, but PU! had one)
Protoman/Bass (DLC?)
Endless Mode
Amiibo Support

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Damn dude, and I thought I liked the DBFZ art that they had at Game Informer. Shoutouts to all the USA Cover Mega Men. I really hope the game is good, AND it does well.
Gotta say MM11 is my favourite design. Looks clean.

The artwork at least. In-game it all looks a bit sterile right now, but there's still dev time to be had.

D

Deleted member

Sad ****: when they go into a fight to buy time for the character they're trying to protect to escape despite knowing very well they'll lose due to the injuries and the other character runs expecting the character to win without ever finding out about their injuries.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Animal Crossing game with Made In Abyss characters....

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not to Tom Nook though.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Playable Roll is my biggest want for Mega Man 11 personally.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Can I say that Megaman's design for 11 is absolutely Amazing.

Like it hit the modern anime look without looking like a blob and looks sleek.

Also I just realize we haven't heard anything on the cartoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom