• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

That reminds me. I really don't like Poppi as she has the same name of another fictional character who I've grown very fond of

THIS is the real Poppy, **** off Nintendo for trying to make me think otherwise
That's not the Real Poppi you fork, that's the Fake Poppi
When you work in retail, you start to appreciate good organisation so much more.

Bad organisation in retail is enough to ruin your day.
I can actually see the stuff on the back of my closet now
How have I lived like that all these years?

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
That reminds me. I really don't like Poppi as she has the same name of another fictional character who I've grown very fond of

THIS is the real Poppy, **** off Nintendo for trying to make me think otherwise
I just think there are times that she is more of an android rather than a robot Blade...
Her Japanese name is actually Hana by the way, which in my opinion is better.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Pre-show's on for Mega Man 30th's anniversary show.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So with Dragon Ball FighterZ coming out at the end of next month, it would seem we have at least 2 big V-Jump reveals left (not counting any potential Jump Festa trailer, since we already know the game will be there.) Given how we've gotten 2 to 4 characters in these, it would seem we have from 4 to 8 characters left to round up the full main roster.

I'm betting on this month's character reveals being focused on Super era characters, as in the last month we explicitly got a "Buu arc" reveal. Those characters in my understanding would be Beerus and Hit (very possibly leaked by Jump last month, Hit was the more dubious one but it seems more likely now that we have a Ginyu icon to compare and found out they're very different) alongside Fused Zamasu (though we could get just Rose). My main reasoning for Zamasu being that we got the Goku Black era Bad Future stage in the game, however, the story itself uses the bad future so It's possible Zamasu or Black don't show up till the DLC wave. There's also the possibility of Vegito showing up here. But, yeah, that's my "bold" prediction for this month's wave of characters.

As for the January V-Jump, I got no idea. I can see them revealing Android 21 as a playable character (though I think that might be it's own separate reveal like Trunks was), maybe some movie/OVA characters or, hell, the final reveal could be this month. I don't see any Tournament of Power or GT era characters since those scream DLC fodder, same goes for a couple of movie characters.
I don't know why I didn't even think of Vegeto. He would easily be the coolest looking character in the game. Which is saying a lot, since they such a good job on Trunks, Gohan, Cell, 18, and Piccolo. Well, everyone really, but you get the point. And he has unique moves to him, like the Sword Arm, Fingerbeams, and even his own variation of Chun-Li's kicks. On top of some moves being an amalgamation of Goku and Vegeta's standard toolset. Like Instant Transmission, or Vegeta's Rising Knee that's in most 2D DBZ games.

If movie characters are in, it'll likely be Broly/Bardock >>> Janemba >> Cooler >>> Bojack >>> The rest. If somehow Turles and Dr.Wheelo are chosen over them, I'll enter the legnendary Super Saltian form. Janemba and Broly would be the most unique I feel.

I agree that ToP characters will probably be DLC. Instead of Califla and Kale, Kefla would/should probably be chosen, for the same reason Gotenks was over Trunks/Goten. That would also stop Broly from having a redundant counterpart. Jiren, and maybe Toppo too, but they honestly are just straight up strong, and don't offer a ton of moves so far. Ribrianne or however you spell it would offer more moveset wise from what we saw so far, and could have her two sidekicks for assist moves, even if no one likes them. There's also Trio de Dangers, who as a unit have shown some gimmicks, and each have solo gimmicks. Though they ain't popular. Katopelsa would still be better than most ToP opponents.

GT would also likely be DLC, that I can agree with. But who, and how many would be the tricky part. As much as people don't like GT, me included, some will still want to see the characters. Omega Shenron would be the most obvious, Pan, as annoying as she was on the show has a shot. Either Baby or Uub also having an okay chance. And that's not going into the SS4 characters.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
My hopes aren't too high; from what I recall, the last time they did this, it was announcing Mega Man backpacks or something.

If we do get games, I hope we get a Mega Man X collection in there somewhere - I'd rather not pay around $80 or $100 for the Gamecube version.

Chrono.

I don't know why I didn't even think of Vegeto. He would easily be the coolest looking character in the game. Which is saying a lot, since they such a good job on Trunks, Gohan, Cell, 18, and Piccolo. Well, everyone really, but you get the point. And he has unique moves to him, like the Sword Arm, Fingerbeams, and even his own variation of Chun-Li's kicks. On top of some moves being an amalgamation of Goku and Vegeta's standard toolset. Like Instant Transmission, or Vegeta's Rising Knee that's in most 2D DBZ games.

If movie characters are in, it'll likely be Broly/Bardock >>> Janemba >> Cooler >>> Bojack >>> The rest. If somehow Turles and Dr.Wheelo are chosen over them, I'll enter the legnendary Super Saltian form. Janemba and Broly would be the most unique I feel.

I agree that ToP characters will probably be DLC. Instead of Califla and Kale, Kefla would/should probably be chosen, for the same reason Gotenks was over Trunks/Goten. That would also stop Broly from having a redundant counterpart. Jiren, and maybe Toppo too, but they honestly are just straight up strong, and don't offer a ton of moves so far. Ribrianne or however you spell it would offer more moveset wise from what we saw so far, and could have her two sidekicks for assist moves, even if no one likes them. There's also Trio de Dangers, who as a unit have shown some gimmicks, and each have solo gimmicks. Though they ain't popular. Katopelsa would still be better than most ToP opponents.

GT would also likely be DLC, that I can agree with. But who, and how many would be the tricky part. As much as people don't like GT, me included, some will still want to see the characters. Omega Shenron would be the most obvious, Pan, as annoying as she was on the show has a shot. Either Baby or Uub also having an okay chance. And that's not going into the SS4 characters.
I was thinking that with Kale and Caulifla too, but to be fair to Kale she does have Amazonian-esque Super Saiyan form that's between normal and Berserker. But. regardless, they don't stand out too much on their own, especially Caulifla.

I was thinking Vegito would be DLC, idk why, I just got that feeling. He'd be fun though.

As far as the movie characters go, I'm no fan of Broly, but Arc Sys made Nappa of all people look great, I'm sure Broly would be good. Bardock (alongside Zamasu) is among my most wanted, Janemba might be up there too.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I tuned into that Mega Man Streamer quiz thing and that was actually really cool, lol.

Only 10 more minutes. I hope it's hoipe.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
we live in a world where the gotcha force team is making the my hero academia fighter...life is good

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
MEGA MAN X COLLECTION ON SWITCH

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Cool, at least the MMX games are coming to the Switch, PS4, PC and X-BOX. Since I already got the first 6, I'd mostly get it for Mega Man X8. I wonder if they are separate releases or if it's a collection.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
MEGA MAN 11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
My mom is watching that dr. Phil episode about that kid that slapped his mother and then I told her about the black parodies of it where some black kid slaps their mother and half the time in this parodies the kid ends up dead.

She was laughing super hard

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
MEGA MAN 11!! LATE 2018!! DID YOU HEAR HIS SURPRISINGLY MANLY VOICE!! CEL-SHADED!! THAT CONCEPT ART IS REAL!! SLIDING AND CHARGE SHOTS!

Not to mention on the Switch!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So yeah, Dragon Ball Fighter Z, Spider-Man and Mega Man 11. 2018 is gonna be a good year of games for me I think.

D

Deleted member

Here's some random Mega Man trivia courtesy of yours truly.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 and 2 are also coming to the Switch sometime in 2018 (possibly in the summer, from the sounds of the livestream).

Chrono.

Good stuff Capcom.

Megaman 11 looks good, including the fact that it's happening at all. People were right, Legacy Collection WAS leading to a new game, so I wonder if the new X Collection will lead to the elusive X9.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I figured that a new Megaman would be announced, but also having that X collection is nice. I've only ever played X2, so it might be a good idea to pick that up.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I wonder if the upcoming cartoon going to get a mention too.

Sure, not many are interested in that, but the amount of other great news makes up for it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah if a third Goku is in DBFZ, it SHOULD be Kid Goku. But it probably won't be.

Also, I guess Smash 5, Mega Man, if he returns could have his MM11 design.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
...And Capcom just posted this on their Twitter...

Keep rubbing the salt in the wound...

EDIT: NVM it's from October. Still tho.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Speaking of tagging.

@---
Curious as to your thoughts!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I figured that a new Megaman would be announced, but also having that X collection is nice. I've only ever played X2, so it might be a good idea to pick that up.
Since you also played Mega Man X2, one of the best in the whole franchise(maybe even genre, but it's one of my favorites).

I would say you at least owe yourself to play MMX, MMX3 and MMX4. MMX5 is okay, but I'm really looking forward MMX8 getting a re-release.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>mfw MMLC & MMLC2 coming to Switch

IMG_20171204_195707.jpg

>mfw Mega Man X Collection coming to all consoles (particularly Switch) and its not leaving any of the games out (means I can finally play X7 properly)

IMG_20171204_195737.jpg

>mfw MEGA MAN 11 BUT IT'S GOT A HD/3D ANIME ART STYLE LIKE I'VE ALWAYS THOUGHT MEGA MAN SHOULD HAVE AND SEEMS LIKE THEY ARE ACTUALLY REALLY THINKING ABOUT EVERY LITTLE DETAIL WITH THOSE DEVELOPER INTERVIEWS

IMG_20171204_195800.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom