• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I look forward to disappearing blocks in HD.

And by looking forward I mean I hope that Rush Jet is in the game.

D

Deleted member

I was thinking that with Kale and Caulifla too, but to be fair to Kale she does have Amazonian-esque Super Saiyan form that's between normal and Berserker. But. regardless, they don't stand out too much on their own, especially Caulifla.

I was thinking Vegito would be DLC, idk why, I just got that feeling. He'd be fun though.

As far as the movie characters go, I'm no fan of Broly, but Arc Sys made Nappa of all people look great, I'm sure Broly would be good. Bardock (alongside Zamasu) is among my most wanted, Janemba might be up there too.
Super characters + Popular stuff like Bardock and Vegeto make the most sense for DLC imo.

Hit, Fused Zamasu, Vegeto Blue, Bardock, Android 21, etc... make the most sense as DLC additions.

Chrono.

Anyone else notice how Battle Network was super ahead of it's time. Like it was 2001 and they predicted the internet taking over the world and smartphones with AIs being everywhere.

Another thing I realized is that, as popular as it was, no one else has really tried to replicate Battle Network's battle system.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Can I say that Megaman's design for 11 is absolutely Amazing.

Like it hit the modern anime look without looking like a blob and looks sleek.

Also I just realize we haven't heard anything on the cartoon
Man of Action? More like...

Missing in Action.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Anyone else notice how Battle Network was super ahead of it's time. Like it was 2001 and they predicted the internet taking over the world and smartphones with AIs being everywhere.

Another thing I realized is that, as popular as it was, no one else has really tried to replicate Battle Network's battle system.
Yeah, if they ever get the chance to, they should capitalize on Battle Network's unique mechanics and themes.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Can't wait for the inevitable Mega Man × Ben 10 crossover when the series releases.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

The gameplay for it is easy to replicate but what makes it better was the card system it introduces.

Games have had this style before but BN just does way better due to how great the Battle Chip system was for it

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Nintendo has tweeted a reminder about the Game Awards.

Yes, a number of their games are nominated there but some believe they have a reveal up their sleeves.

Friendly reminder of what was shown off at previous award shows:
  • Cranky Kong in Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
  • Super Mario Maker
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (back then called Zelda Wii U)
Thoughts?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yo Mega Man 11 has me super hyped!

I love this so much!

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Yes, a number of their games are nominated there but some believe they have a reveal up their sleeves.

• Super Mario Maker
Thoughts?
Initially I figured they would be showing the Zelda DLC there, but the fact that they're dedicating something on the 12th to that made me rethink it a bit.

Something's definitely up, but for the life of me I can't reason out what it could be.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

We should have listened to MMBN2 and MGS2.

They tried to warn us, but we still took a dark path.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Yo Mega Man 11 has me super hyped!

I love this so much!
Same here. Looks pretty good. Hopefully it can do for me next year what Sonic Mania did for me this year.

I kinda do have faith in Capcom when it comes to non-fiction game franchises.

Aside from Dead Rising, they haven't really did anything insulting with other series. Hell, Strider 2014 was a pleasant surprise

• Super Mario Maker
Thoughts?
Breath of the DLC being released on that night.

BANK ON IT

Chrono.

• Super Mario Maker
Thoughts?
Would be a good time to show off the BOTW DLC. Otherwise maybe Yoshi or Kirby Star Allies.
Yeah, if they ever get the chance to, they should capitalize on Battle Network's unique mechanics and themes.
I'd be up for another Battle Network successor, with how technology has advanced since Star Force 3 they could do something really interesting with it.

D

Deleted member

I only know MAN WITH A MISSION....
It's a Japanese band by the way... just saying...
HIT ME ON THE GROUND

• Super Mario Maker
Thoughts?
It's totally Smash 5, guys. Trust me, I'm really feeling it this time

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Maybe it's because I had really low expectations(like really really low), but I'm more than fine with Mega Man 11's visuals. I wasn't expecting this game to have the budget to have something along the lines of Monster Hunter or Resident Evil. And they had some solid cel-shading to make it a bit cleaner.

Still, if they make any improvements, I won't complain, but I'm also not disappointed visually either. They had some stage gimmicks for the little we saw. But that's what I'm more concerned about. Can't wait to see the Robot Masters.

I was saying for the longest time they should handle it in a similar manner to Strider 2014, and it SEEMS like that is the case.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
The Game Awards reveal, clearly, without a shadow of a doubt, no question, unable to be debated, shall be...

... A Rayman 2 port.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I finally got a Switch! I picked it up during my birthday alongside Skyrim and so far I'm having a lot of fun playing on it. It's not completely set up yet (as I don't have a TV), but I'm enjoying handheld mode enough that it's not that much of an issue.

As for Skyrim, I picked it up first since that's always been a game that I wanted to play, but never got the chance to and so far I'm having fun going through it. I've enjoyed just going around to the destinations I set for myself and seeing what I can find along the way. It's also been helpful since some of the more important quests have been giving me trouble (such as the Thalmor investigation), so being able to look around and find anything that can make my characters stronger has been a boon for them.

Not a hype ruiner, but slightly concerning.

The MMX games may not be a collection, but released separately.

Its not a big deal since the main ones I want are X1, X4, X7, and X8 (maybe X5 too). But I really would just rather a collection.
I hope that's not the case, but if it turns out to be true I'll stick with X4 for now and maybe pick up the rest later. That's the one I want to play the most currently, so I want to get it first before moving on to the rest.

As for Mega Man 11, it looks pretty good. I haven't played the classic series at all, so maybe that could be my first entry into the series.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Finally got a Rare blade and it's the ice spear woman. I would have tossed my Joy-Cons out the window if that Rare Core Crystal gave me a Common Blade.

Also, expect a new user to show up. Try to be patient with him since he just wants to talk with Falkoopa.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

• Super Mario Maker
Thoughts?
All I know is it isnt Animal Crossing

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
If Megaman Legends 3 gets released on the Switch then i'm making it a priority to get the Switch ASAP.

I know I know. I'm setting up myself for disappointment. No need to tell me that.
Haha! Sucker!

D

Deleted member

The Game Awards reveal, clearly, without a shadow of a doubt, no question, unable to be debated, shall be...

... A Rayman 2 port.
Nah, it's going to be a Rayman 3D port
Except it's the 3DS version meaning the screen is split in half to accommodate for the touch screen

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
I'm late but WOOOO MEGAMAN 11!

Please be good Capcom please don't **** this up please I want to have faith in you again after Functions vs Functions 4

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
My real concern is the Robot Master design.

Please no silly designs like Sheep Man or Pump Man.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Nice to see Megaman getting some spotlight after a long time. And nice to see them coming to Switch as well.

And yes, Battle Network needs a new game. Battle Network was a great series.

Chrono.

Mega Man: *Finally gets a new game after 7 years*

Street Fighter: Hold my Hadoken in a can

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Super characters + Popular stuff like Bardock and Vegeto make the most sense for DLC imo.

Hit, Fused Zamasu, Vegeto Blue, Bardock, Android 21, etc... make the most sense as DLC additions.
Vegito, Zamasu and Bardock totally will be dlc but I really think Hit will be a main game character.

D

Deleted member

I so much want to see arts of Samus and Mega Man giving high fives for their glorious come back this year right now.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Mega man 11 is looking good. Pretty nice to see another game after all this his time. Will definitely pick it up and think it should be pretty good(hopefully).

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Weren't those fan designs that made it into the game?
Yes.

In fact most fans always submitted Robot Master ideas to Capcom for them to make their own twist to them.

Still, I can take Blade Man and Commando Man more serious than those two.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Metroid discord update: there are a couple of dorks that incessantly argue about obscure Metroid lore 24/7. I have grown weary of their antics

After this, ToraTrash became more self-aware about it, but Jacob steadfastly refuses to even acknowledge me. He's a tough nut to crack, and will take a great deal more effort to break
The Metroid Discord saga continues.

At this point, Jacob is hyper focused on one extremely important issue: the term "Torizo" is apparently a mistranslation; in the original Japanese, they were apparently referred to simply as "Chozo Statues". Therefore, they are completely indistinct. (The fact that only some of them attack you is, of course, completely irrelevant.) If you ever use the term "Torizo", Jacob will find you and end you.

He's also brought up Samus Returns potentially retconning Ridley's full name to "Proteus Ridley". I'm not sure if he agrees or disagrees with it, but he clearly feels very strongly about it.

He hasn't responded yet, and in fact still hasn't acknowledged me at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom