• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

The Metroid Discord saga continues.

At this point, Jacob is hyper focused on one extremely important issue: the term "Torizo" is apparently a mistranslation; in the original Japanese, they were apparently referred to simply as "Chozo Statues". Therefore, they are completely indistinct. (The fact that only some of them attack you is, of course, completely irrelevant.) If you ever use the term "Torizo", Jacob will find you and end you.

He's also brought up Samus Returns potentially retconning Ridley's full name to "Proteus Ridley". I'm not sure if he agrees or disagrees with it, but he clearly feels very strongly about it.

He hasn't responded yet, and in fact still hasn't acknowledged me at all.
If Ridley's full name is "Proteus Ridley", does that mean Ridley is actually his surname and that, formally, we should call him Mr. Ridley?

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, Arena rewards just came in so you know what that means: promotion time
Her set is extremely budget, LnD3 being locked behind 5* really sucks. I still have a 4* Roderick so if I ever get enough feathers and have no one else to promote, then I'll consider giving her the + version.
I wish I could give her Draw Back but the only fodder I have for that are two 4* Ninos and I'm saving them for merging.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
HIT ME ON THE GROUND
DON'T PLAY THAT...
(check "Seven Deadly Sins", the song...)
I finally got a Switch! I picked it up during my birthday alongside Skyrim and so far I'm having a lot of fun playing on it. It's not completely set up yet (as I don't have a TV), but I'm enjoying handheld mode enough that it's not that much of an issue.

As for Skyrim, I picked it up first since that's always been a game that I wanted to play, but never got the chance to and so far I'm having fun going through it. I've enjoyed just going around to the destinations I set for myself and seeing what I can find along the way. It's also been helpful since some of the more important quests have been giving me trouble (such as the Thalmor investigation), so being able to look around and find anything that can make my characters stronger has been a boon for them
Congrats! Personally the game for me is obviously Xenoblade Chronicles 2, sure the graphics don't look to good in handheld but since I only play Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, this ain't all that bad.
And as the plot goes I am starting to like this game more and more, just that hope this game can give me all the rare Blades I want soon...

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That new star vs the forces of evil episode was pretty good and had some interesting stuff happen in it that may come in my play later. Ducktales is also pretty good so far. Side note: Just promoted my attack plus res minus Lukas in heroes. Got a pretty good set going for him.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I wish I could give her Draw Back but the only fodder I have for that are two 4* Ninos and I'm saving them for merging.
Reposition is better on fliers, anyway, since you can use it to haul people across mountains and rivers and stuff, and just in general it works really well with the extra mobility of fliers. If you've ever touched a red orb while summoning you probably have a few dozen Selenas to spare for it by now. Not like she's good for much else in this game. :p

As for my own progress:
Hector, Arvis, and Berkut all died for this and I have absolutely no regrets. Jagen literally gets better with every update. I'm going to replace Vantage with something else before long, but other than that this is as close to perfection as you will get in this game. :p

Also just gave my adult Tiki the +def boost for Lightning Breath+ so she now packs 42 Def and targets the enemy's weakest defence stat. Just what I needed to make dealing with those pesky brave Lyns easier. I think next in line will be the Smoke Dagger+ for my Windsweep Felicia, since it debuffs Atk and Speed now. And the extra 3 Res from forging it will be nice too.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Megaman X7
Super bomberman R
Arms

these games have a few things in common
like havign a main character whos name ends in man voiced by peter von gomm(also X7's flame hynard was also voiced by mr von gomm)

D

Deleted member

Reposition is better on fliers, anyway, since you can use it to haul people across mountains and rivers and stuff, and just in general it works really well with the extra mobility of fliers. If you've ever touched a red orb while summoning you probably have a few dozen Selenas to spare for it by now. Not like she's good for much else in this game. :p
Don't have that either, as weird as that sounds, but I'm sure a Barst is bound to appear next time I pull Green.

I only have 10 Orbs now and there are no units I really want from the current banner so I guess I'll save and starve from lack of skill fodder, hopefully the Christmas banner will be fun.
Hector, Arvis, and Berkut all died for this and I have absolutely no regrets. Jagen literally gets better with every update. I'm going to replace Vantage with something else before long, but other than that this is as close to perfection as you will get in this game. :p
Absolutely disgusting, what is this monster

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Seems we may be getting power ups based on the other Mega Men.

As one of the 3 people who really liked Star Force, I'M SOLD.
EDIT: Wait that may be shopped.
Don't mess with my soul like this. Anyone want to take a guess on that Robot Master name? I wanna say he's Brick Man, he looks like a Brick Man.

Megaman X7
Super bomberman R
Arms

these games have a few things in common
like havign a main character whos name ends in man voiced by peter von gomm(also X7's flame hynard was also voiced by mr von gomm)
Wow. I knew he voiced MMX, but I had no idea he actually voiced Flame Hynard of all characters.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just spent the day grinding Tempest Trials to 99,999.

It was not fun.

I did some pulls on the new banner since I could get some use from Shiro but still nothing. Not even a Clair.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

I always seem to make these edits when I'm not entirely sure what all else I want to do with myself.

Always felt the GAF/ERA stability meme was missing something.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Guys, I have a doubt.

Can you play a vs. battle in the Pokemon DS games now?

Or it doesn't work anymore?

I mean, playing with 2 DSs that are close, not online with anybody.

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
The Metroid Discord saga continues.

At this point, Jacob is hyper focused on one extremely important issue: the term "Torizo" is apparently a mistranslation; in the original Japanese, they were apparently referred to simply as "Chozo Statues". Therefore, they are completely indistinct. (The fact that only some of them attack you is, of course, completely irrelevant.) If you ever use the term "Torizo", Jacob will find you and end you.

He's also brought up Samus Returns potentially retconning Ridley's full name to "Proteus Ridley". I'm not sure if he agrees or disagrees with it, but he clearly feels very strongly about it.

He hasn't responded yet, and in fact still hasn't acknowledged me at all.
tfw you post a banger but nobody sees it because it's at the end of the previous page

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Five Nights at Freddy's 6 just got released apparently.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I see that EventHubs (a fighting game news site) made an article about Mega Man 11.

Look, I know this is great news and that Mega Man has had his fair share of fighting games, but MM11 is not fighting game buddy.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Five Nights at Freddy's 6 just got released apparently.
? *looks up*

Oh wow. Like this just released? With no news before it's release whatsoever? Like I'm looking up stuff concerning it before it just came out and I see nothing, not even the Wiki has any news on it.

Actually, wait. Is it even Official? Like did it actually come from Scott Cawthon?

Either way, this certainly came from nowhere. Talk about a Stealth release.

Edit: Oh I see. The reason why this came out of nowhere was because it was spread across news as something called "Five Night's at Freddy's Pizza Simulator." and with very different images. That explains why it came out of nowhere, was because people didn't think it was a traditional FNAF game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Guys, I have a doubt.

Can you play a vs. battle in the Pokemon DS games now?

Or it doesn't work anymore?

I mean, playing with 2 DSs that are close, not online with anybody.
Yeah, local wireless play still works. No problem.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Markiplier postedthe first part on YouTube like I knew he would...

I’ll watch it tomorrow.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Nothing like listening to rock music in your room and having the time of your life.

Like the good old days.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Megaman 11? Oh that's cool. But I'm sure Capcom is gonna find a way to **** it up.

*sees art style*

*sees megaman design*

...or maybe...

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
If Ridley's full name is "Proteus Ridley", does that mean Ridley is actually his surname and that, formally, we should call him Mr. Ridley?
I see Chozo and Torizo, but all I can think of is Chorizo.

Is Mr. Ridley's favorite food Chorizo?

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I have battle with Floren and Pyra for a while and man... Pyra I knew she is a very awesome Blade but Floren, probably one of the best healer Blade you can get for now.
Even as a healer Blade he can still deal a lot of damage and also heals after successfully performing the Blade combo to seal arts.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Wow I never knew lukas could be so scary. Enjoying raising this one but he’s not finished yet. D4AF5B50-8CF5-45F6-BE8C-3285093746FF.png

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
For those of you still not sure if Floren from Xenoblade was a guy or a gal....

Here is your answer.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

LET'S ****ING GO.

YES! YES! YES! THE BLUE BOMBER IS BACK!

Like holy ****, they brought him back. If I don't have a Switch by the time this game comes, I'm literally dead. This is day one for me.

Hey that's some sweet art ya got there.
BRB, changing avatars.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
YES! YES! YES! THE BLUE BOMBER IS BACK!

Like holy ****, they brought him back. If I don't have a Switch by the time this game comes, I'm literally dead. This is day one for me.

BRB, changing avatars.
On a scale from one to ten, how excited are ya bud?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I may have no KOS-MOS, but I have her icy spear wielding clone for now.

Here's to hoping I'm luckier with my future Rare Core Crystal pulls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom