• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Yeah,which can be a bit of problem when I am going to take it back to my country once I finish this semester.

So far for 5 hours of gameplay still hasn't any explanation yet...
It's an old meme:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I think if you're foddering Fjorm, at least use her for Atk/Def Bond or Shield Pulse.
Drive Atk may be only avaible to her and Delthea but the other two are much more valuable imo, Atk/Def Bond is exclusive to her currently and only Saber has SP besides her.

Though Shield Pulse is gimmicky, and I can't think of any units that want A/D Bond. Maybe someone with in-built DC and Quick Riposte?
I think those with ATK/DEF Bond are those meant for tanking rather than attacking. Like characters who are using a Slaying weapon/Wo Dao + Quick Riposte combo or just against close-range attackers in general.

And it would not be surprising if ATK/DEF Bond was more for Enemy Phase rather than Player Phase, Enemy Phase baiting has become alot more powerful since the Refinery.
-Slaying Weapon+s/Wo Dao+s can be upgraded to have 16 MT(14 in the case of Slaying Bow+), which is not only equal to Prf Weapons, but twice the amount of MT that Brave weapons have.
-You have the Guard Bow, which gives Distant Defense 3.
-You have Berkut's Lance now giving +7 RES when attacked.
-Lightning Breath is much more dangerous to tackle head on because of it now attacking the weaker stat.
-Smoke Dagger goes after ATK & SPD as well as DEF & RES.
-Rogue Dagger buffs all allies DEF/RES around the character by +6, which combined with Seal ATK & ATK Smoke's -7s, makes for a general decrease of -13 damage.
And that's not including the +DEF/+RES boosts the player can craft onto their weapons.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
One could say Pyra needs to wear smol clothing because if she covers herself too much she would overheat to death.

But then we should try to justify every other unsafe design of the game, and das kinda impossible. :V

D

Deleted member

I think those with ATK/DEF Bond are those meant for tanking rather than attacking. Like characters who are using a Slaying weapon/Wo Dao + Quick Riposte combo or just against close-range attackers in general.

And it would not be surprising if ATK/DEF Bond was more for Enemy Phase rather than Player Phase, Enemy Phase baiting has become alot more powerful since the Refinery.
-Slaying Weapon+s/Wo Dao+s can be upgraded to have 16 MT(14 in the case of Slaying Bow+), which is not only equal to Prf Weapons, but twice the amount of MT that Brave weapons have.
-You have the Guard Bow, which gives Distant Defense 3.
-You have Berkut's Lance now giving +7 RES when attacked.
-Lightning Breath is much more dangerous to tackle head on because of it now attacking the weaker stat.
-Smoke Dagger goes after ATK & SPD as well as DEF & RES.
-Rogue Dagger buffs all allies DEF/RES around the character by +6, which combined with Seal ATK & ATK Smoke's -7s, makes for a general decrease of -13 damage.
And that's not including the +DEF/+RES boosts the player can craft onto their weapons.
Thing is, anyone who would be using it for tanking is probably better just running Close/Distant Def, Steady Breath or Steady Stance(which will now be more avaible thanks to Shiro). The Atk boost is nice and all but it's more situational and if your focus is tanking then the more the better.
You could argue on using it over Close Def but if Dragons become more common due to their buffs then you'll want the extra Res too.

Atk/Def Bond seems to go really well on DC Quick Riposte users because it not only helps them to stay in QR range but also effectivelly boosts their total damage by 10. Quick Riposte on Fjorm is a popular recommendation for a reason

D

Deleted member

Ok, so, on episode 7 of Vol.5 RWBY
Why does everyone looks so horrified in finding out Qrow and Raven are birbs? Like, they make it sound like Oz did some terrible **** but if I found out there's a guy who can turn people into birds, I'd be like "where the hell do I sign up?"

****ing rip in peace Blake though, she's not going to have a friemd reunion like this

Also, ****ing finally, Mercury is back.
And Emerald too but **** her

Last edited by a moderator:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Ok, so, on episode 7 of Vol.5 RWBY
Why does everyone looks so horrified in finding out Qrow and Raven are birbs? Like, they make it sound like Oz did some terrible **** but if I found out there's a guy who can turn people into birds, I'd be like "where the hell do I sign up?"

****ing rip in peace Blake though, she's not going to have a friemd reunion like this

Also, ****ing finally, Mercury is back.
And Emerald too but **** her
That first one is so accurate, imo :laugh:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well, I haven't logged in here since March of this year... Hi all. It's been a while, hasn't it?

For those who haven't seen me on Discord, nope, I'm not dead. lol

How have you all been?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well, I haven't logged in here since March of this year... Hi all. It's been a while, hasn't it?

How have you all been?
Hey, cool to see you back!

I am good, in fact, I just finished a little animation that I have been working for awhile. I was gonig to post it here, so, enjoy!

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Is physical Xenoblade 1 really that rare in the US?

D

Deleted member

How have you all been?
Oh hey, it's Frosty-senpai, long time no see.
I'm not convinced that you're not dead though

I see you're already in a Christmas mood. And a Nanatsu mood too, are you ready to praise the sun in season 2?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

How have you all been?
Frostwraith, you're back! :D

I was just thinking about you not too long ago. Nice to see you!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Oh hey, it's Frosty-senpai, long time no see.
I'm not convinced that you're not dead though
I've mastered necromancy, died and came back to life. Wonderful, isn't it?
I see you're already in a Christmas mood. And a Nanatsu mood too, are you ready to praise the sun in season 2?
Yeah, I'm looking forward to the new season. Of course, I'm caught up with the manga, but still PRAISE THE SUN.

Hey, cool to see you back!

I am good, in fact, I just finished a little animation that I have been working for awhile. I was gonig to post it here, so, enjoy!
Hi! Nice little animation.

And yes, I've been quite absent from here since I've been more active on Discord. Feel free to add me there or follow me on Twitter, just check my signature for more info.

It's also nice that this thread hasn't changed much since a few months ago.

Chrono.

Best case scenario with the Mega Man stream: A brand new game that uses some of those concepts you can see in Legacy Collection 2, maybe make it 3D but not really necessary (ie I wouldn't mind a sidescroller but I'd really like to see sonething similar to Legends?)

Okay-case scenario: Some crossover game with all the Mega Mans, essentially a second try at Mega Man Universe.

Eh-case scenario: Mega Man 11, in all it's retraux glory. Actually any sequel to any series would fall under this for me except Mega Man X9 but... That one's not happening so.

Worst-case scenario: A tie in to Man of Action's MM series.

Capcom-tier scenario: Merch and more collection games.

(something something this is just my personal feelings)
Is physical Xenoblade 1 really that rare in the US?
Kinda, only Gamestop has it and ONLY used, no new copies, and they're all expensive as ****. Going up as being $80 and such.

Fun fact: Gamestop doesn't exist in Puerto Rico anymore, so it really is impossible to buy it here without importing.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I've mastered necromancy, died and came back to life. Wonderful, isn't it?

Yeah, I'm looking forward to the new season. Of course, I'm caught up with the manga, but still PRAISE THE SUN.

Hi! Nice little animation.

And yes, I've been quite absent from here since I've been more active on Discord. Feel free to add me there or follow me on Twitter, just check my signature for more info.

It's also nice that this thread hasn't changed much since a few months ago.
Good to know!^^ Also, every sprite were made/remade by me. Since some times now, I have started pixel art as a hobby. And while my sprites are far from perfect. I say that each new one I work on have little improvement here and there. Which is better than feeling you don't improve at all.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Frostwraith, you're back! :D

I was just thinking about you not too long ago. Nice to see you!
Hi! That's really nice of you. How have you been?

Good to know!^^ Also, every sprite were made/remade by me. Since some times now, I have started pixel art as a hobby. And while my sprites are far from perfect. I say that each new one I work on have little improvement here and there. Which is better than feeling you don't improve at all.
I see. Good luck with it.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I thought it wasnt at any of my gamestops but some have it preowned at 49.99 but I havent seen it there at all
Kinda, only Gamestop has it and ONLY used, no new copies, and they're all expensive as ****. Going up as being $80 and such.

Fun fact: Gamestop doesn't exist in Puerto Rico anymore, so it really is impossible to buy it here without importing.
>mfw I can make bank by buying retail copies in México for $50 and sell them for $70 on eBay.

New copies appear here at a local electronics store; mine says it is a "European Middle East NTSC" version or something like that.
BotW copies with the European cover appear here too.

I thought XC1 was a super rare thing here and finding it was a jackpot, but almost two years later still is available on retail next to the XCX copies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
>mfw I can make bank by buying retail copies in México for $50 and sell them for $70 on eBay.

New copies appear here at a local electronics store; mine says it is a "European Middle East NTSC" version or something like that.
BotW copies with the European cover appear here too.

I thought XC1 was a super rare thing here and finding it was a jackpot, but almost two years later still is available on retail next to the XCX copies.
Is the 3DS version really hard to find? I would have figured it would have alleviate the issue to some extent.

Best case scenario with the Mega Man stream: A brand new game that uses some of those concepts you can see in Legacy Collection 2, maybe make it 3D but not really necessary (ie I wouldn't mind a sidescroller but I'd really like to see sonething similar to Legends?)

Okay-case scenario: Some crossover game with all the Mega Mans, essentially a second try at Mega Man Universe.

Eh-case scenario: Mega Man 11, in all it's retraux glory. Actually any sequel to any series would fall under this for me except Mega Man X9 but... That one's not happening so.

Worst-case scenario: A tie in to Man of Action's MM series.

Capcom-tier scenario: Merch and more collection games.

(something something this is just my personal feelings)

I'm mostly banking on the Cartoon tie-in game or another collection of sorts. If only because both Nintendo and Sony retweeted the stream. If that didn't happen, I would expect less than nothing. A game based on the upcoming cartoon can be a good way to get some kids into the series if they want to start grabbing a new generation of fans. Though the changes in design might obviously turn off older fans. I think the TV design got a decent bit better than the initial draft we saw. Really, I don't care too much if the game is actually half decent. But given what happened with Pac-Man and Sonic Boom's games based on shows, I also have low expectations for that.

The merch is more or less expected, knowing Capcom. Again, if any of it is half decent, I won't be mad.

I'd like to think a new PS4/Switch game is in development. If it is, I hope the visuals takes a que from Strider 2014. That how I imagine a new 2.5D Mega Man game should look. I'd be okay if Mega Man X9 took a Sonic Mania style to it's visuals, being a Suped-Up version of either the SNES games or the PS1 titles(with harder outlines on the sprites though). But I'd like them not to rely solely on MM2 nostalgia again, even if Mega Man 9 and 10 are good games.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Been having some good moments with the "Almost Weekly Santa Alter" event happening in F/GO. I have the opportunity to Max Ascend Robin Hood, as well as Atalante and D'eon and get Euryale to 3rd Ascension, as I heard Euryale will become very useful later, especially for when Edmond and Camelot come around later.
Also, the story with this event has been rather humorous. Santa Alter(aka Saber Alter in a Santa-like costume) pretty much shows why the community associates her with Tsundere. Although what really gets me is her sass. She does it well. She also sings rather nicely, as she sings the first 4 lyrics of Jingle Bells(the Dashing through the Snow bit). Also, Astolfo makes an appearance in the first Chapter, despite not being part of the Rate-up. They also make fun of the fact that he's not out yet and joke about how it will be a long time before he comes out.(in reality, he's probably coming around February, since when he first came out in JP, it was close to White Day.).
Either way, so far I've been enjoying this event. Although I wish I could go onto FEHeroes. My phone isn't available and it's been like that for most of the day, so I haven't gotten a chance to go on today.

Chrono.

Xenoblade 2 is really making me miss Skells.

I just wanna jump on all those big ass mountains man.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Everytime I convence myself to get XC2 i for some reason decide not to get it
It's your decision but sice you seem to be a bit of in a dilemma, here's my advice, don't shy away from this game because of those trifle reason such as a certain character's design... reviews sort of understandable, not a JRPG fan then this game probably isn't the best choice but still recommended.

Because your back hurts when you look at the game
No, technically it is your eyes gonna hurt, after playing it for hours and hours and hours.

You should list the arguments in favor and against to see which side wins.
Chance are you will still get distracted by your biased opinions... major ones are only, trifle ones are a bit ridiculous...
Oh Im past that. Now my main driving motive to get it is that sweet sweet music
Yeah, the music are the ones that will never let me down when it comes to Xenoblade. Yes, even I think X's music was pretty good.
If I get XC2, Imma skip all the cutscenes. They are to long and I can always look at them later
Yes, and you can change the weather, time and language too.
This is why I stick to English and I can rewatch them in Japanese later.
I think I remeber why I keep telling myself I dont want XC2
This was one of the trifle reason that I was talking about lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom