• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizen

Smash Legend
The best part is that words like badass aren't censored, but normal *** is. Unless the "bad" in badass cancels out the fact that *** is a bad word, with double negatives and whatnot.

...Or just plain old inconsistency. :p
It's because words like assassin.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I just pulled an Ayra in Fire Emblem Heroes.

Neat!

D

Deleted member

So a certain speedy blue hedgehog's name is considered a swear word?

Sega does what Nintendoes. :4sonic:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Im glad to know that the companion AI of this Xenoblade also does the thing.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I live in a country where English is the majority language.

*** is so minor it often isn't even censored.

S word isn't even that bad.
It's censor here though...
This mean this thread is more kid friendly than Xenoblade Chronicles 2 lol

crap damn shoot aren't censored as well though...

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Are saying Xeno series as a whole or Xenoblade series?
Each Xenoblade games are the main series game, however they each have their own story...

And OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not gonna tell you when but SOMEBODY IN XENOBLADE CHRONICLES 2 SAYS THE S*** WORD!
Not gonna post the pic because spoilers and I don't wanna get warning...
Oh yeah... Rex also said the "A" word once...
How isn't Xenoblade Chronicles 2 rated M?
Now your're still agruing about Pyra's design?
This might shock you.

But those are considered minor swear words.
. This, I’m pretty sure X had swears. But how could I forget such a classic scene in a “kid friendly teen game”.
. Wonderful 102 please...

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
This, I’m pretty sure X had swears. But how could I forget such a classic scene in a “kid friendly teen game”.
If X has rare swears then I am not surprised then...

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>The year is 2024
>New Zelda game for the brand new Switch U
>Aonuma confirms Link will speak for the first time ever.
>Play all the way to the end
>Link and Zelda looking at each other in front of Hyrule Castle
>Zelda's eyes shine as she sees Link opening his mouth; ready to say something she's been waiting for so long.
>Link: "OH ****!"
>Zelda: "E-excuse me?"
>Camera zooms to the crumbling castle as Ganondong resurrects for the 78th time.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
>The year is 2024
>New Zelda game for the brand new Switch U
>Aonuma confirms Link will speak for the first time ever.
>Play all the way to the end
>Link and Zelda looking at each other in front of Hyrule Castle
>Zelda's eyes shine as she sees Link opening his mouth; ready to say something she's been waiting for so long.
>Link: "OH ****!"
>Zelda: "E-excuse me?"
>Camera zooms to the crumbling castle as Ganondong resurrects for the 78th time.
Breath of the Wild 2 but every time Link does a jump attack he says "fuc of binch"

Ivander

Smash Legend
So Tharja, Rhajat, Priscilla and Faye were Block A. Block B is:
-Sigurd
-Dorcas
-Katarina
-Catria

So Enduring Love is a mix between different loves. You have Stalker Love with Tharja, Rhajat and Faye. You have Marriage Love with Dorcas and Sigurd. You have Unrequited Love with Catria. Priscilla I'm not 100% sure, since people seem to give different interpretations, either her love for her brother or her Tragic Love Supports with Heath, Sain and Guy. Katarina is because of her feelings toward Kris. And while it follows Tharja and Rhajat with having feelings for the Avatar character, Katarina is not Stalker love, but more akin to Affectionate Love, since she develops feelings for him during the time they were working together.

So either way, bunch of different loves being represented. On the other hand, I'm glad they didn't add Camilla to it. Since you know it would've ended in either Tharja or Camilla being the winner. With only Tharja around, it lessens the likelihood of a previous Gauntlet winner from being the winner again. It's also good to know that it's not only Females, although it's ironic how Dorcas and Sigurd, the only 2 males in this VG, are also the only ones who are married.
That being said, I wonder how Dorcas will fare, considering his popularity is more due to meme status.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So Tharja, Rhajat, Priscilla and Faye were Block A. Block B is:
-Sigurd
-Dorcas
-Katarina
-Catria

So Enduring Love is a mix between different loves. You have Stalker Love with Tharja, Rhajat and Faye. You have Marriage Love with Dorcas and Sigurd. You have Unrequited Love with Catria. Priscilla I'm not 100% sure, since people seem to give different interpretations, either her love for her brother or her Tragic Love Supports with Heath, Sain and Guy. Katarina is because of her feelings toward Kris. And while it follows Tharja and Rhajat with having feelings for the Avatar character, Katarina is not Stalker love, but more akin to Affectionate Love, since she develops feelings for him during the time they were working together.

So either way, bunch of different loves being represented. On the other hand, I'm glad they didn't add Camilla to it. Since you know it would've ended in either Tharja or Camilla being the winner. With only Tharja around, it lessens the likelihood of a previous Gauntlet winner from being the winner again. It's also good to know that it's not only Females, although it's ironic how Dorcas and Sigurd, the only 2 males in this VG, are also the only ones who are married.
That being said, I wonder how Dorcas will fare, considering his popularity is more due to meme status.
Dorcas's banner hasn't even ended yet and he's already getting another
This is what poisoned mutton does to people

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Got another Fjorm.

Should I use her for her abilities or merge her with the one I have?

D

Deleted member

Hey people, I've just entered to the second quarter of my life today!

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Vast Poni Canyon + Major legendary battle complete in UltraSun. Time for another US update!

Current team:

Picture taken after the Ultra Necrozma battle.

Vast Poni Canyon went pretty well for the most part. Some challenging battles here and there, but they were all duable. As for the major battles:

Dragon Trial: Same battle from Sun/Moon, but here, If you have Primarina, this battle is slightly harder now that you don't have the Fairy-type Z-move at this point in the game. Makoto started out with a single Moonblast, but it left Totem Kommo-o in the early yellow. Totem Kommo-o also outsped Makoto and used Poison Jab. It then summoned Scizor as an Ally Pokemon, and thanks to Scizor's Bullet Punch, the two took out Makoto before he could finish Kommo-o off. Luckily, Fafnir was able to outspeed Totem Kommo-o, and he finished it off with a strong Draco Meteor. Sirius then came in to KO the Scizor in one hit.

Dusk Mane Necrozma battle: This replaces the Solgaleo battle from Sun, only here, you can't catch Necrozma. Battle was over pretty quickly. Sirius used the Ghost-type Z-move to finish it off in one hit.

Ultra Necrozma battle: Oh boy, the battle that everyone has been talking about. All this talk about how hard it was made me want to level up my Pokemon as much as I can prior to the fight, and they were about one to two levels below Ultra Necrozma's by the time the fight arrived. Even then, the legendary still put up a good challenge.

Also, I need to mention that its battle theme is easily the best track I've heard from a legendary Pokemon from a very long while.

Really sounds like you are facing the very light God itself!

Anyway, Bisharp started the fight by using Black Hole Eclipse, after getting put into the yellow by Necrozma's attack. It was able to use a Night Slash to whittle down Necrozma's HP to the red before going down. Fafnir came in to take care of the rest. With the help of a Focus Sash, it lives a Dragon Pulse from Ultra Necrozma and responded back with a Draco Meteor to finish it off for the KO.

Story updates:

Most of the story is basically the same until the altar scene. It is there that they are major changes.

The change kicks in after Solgaleo/Lunala is summoned. There is a cutscene that plays where Lillie mentions, "Now that we have the legendary, we can finally-" she is the interrupted with Guzma and Lusamine falling out of an Ultra Wormhole. It is then Necrozma shows up afterward, emerging from the portal on the altar. She then warns you and Lillie to run away because Necrozma "is a monster." She briefly introduces Necrozma, and it then turns to the other legendary. Another cutscene follows where the two clash, but it doesn't last long until Necrozma pines the legendary down on the altar. It then turns into Dusk Mane/Dawn Wings Necrozma depending on the version and creates a whole bunch of Ultra Wormholes where other UBs come out.

Another cutscene follows: it's almost exactly like the Hala cutscene where he confronts Buzzwole/Pheromosa from Sun/Moon, only there's some changes. Hau is now present with Hala, and the UB they confront is either Blacephalon/Stakataka depending on your version. Hau steps in to try confronting the UB before Tapu Koko shows up. We then see a montage of the other Kahunas facing the other UBs near the Tapu Ruins sights. Olivia fights Buzzwole/Pheromosa depending on the game version, Nanu fights Guzzlord, and Hapu fights Xurkitree. The cutscene ends by returning to the altar where you face off against Dusk Mane/Dawn Wings Necrozma.

After the first battle with Necrozma, it retreats into an Ultra Wormhole it created underneath it. At that point, darkness now consumes Poni Island, with a kind of dark vortex that looks similar to the Distortion World entrance. The Ultra Recon Squad arrive and comment that Necrozma is starting to steal Alola's light. Lusamine suggests they try to defeat it, but Dulse gets furious and highlights that Lusamine still seems intent on defeating Necrozma for her own selfish reasons. They eventually figure that you will be the one to fight Necrozma, so they give you the Ultra Suit and let you ride the opposite mascot legendary to ride through an Ultra Wormhole in order to reach Ultra Megalopolis where Necrozma is waiting. You go through the Ultra Wormhole minigame, and you are forced to use gyro controls (which are meh). It didn't take long for me to find the white portal that took me to Ultra Megalopolis.

When you arrive at Ultra Megalopolis, the other two URS members from the opposite version await there and they drop more backstory about Necrozma: that it gave light to both the people in the URS's world and Alola, but the ancestors in the URS world took too much of Necrozma's light to the point it reverted to the no-light form it was prior. They then state Necrozma awaits at the top of the tower, which is very bright with light to sustain Necrozma in the past.

There really isn't much to explore in Ultra Megalopolis despite looking big. All the buildings are locked, and there are only about two of them for that matter. There's just the tower and that's it.

You climb up the tower, and then you see Dusk Mane/Dawn Wings Necrozma transform into Ultra Necrozma. If then challenges to you to battle. After beating it, it vanishes back to Alola in its no-light form as Solgaleo/Lunala returns to normal. Solgaleo/Lunala does a quite nudge to bring a small orb of light to Lillie back in Alola. You are then gifted with Poipole by the other two URS members. You can decline their request initially so that you can soft reset for a perfect nature/shiny. I did that, and after a few resets, a got a perfect-natured, Timid Poipole.

Upon returning, Dulse and Zossie inform you that Necrozma and Solgaleo/Lunala has returned to Alola. Lusamine then states she will help Solgaleo/Lunala recover, and she invites Lillie to come along to help it. Lillie is happy about that, as this is the first time Lusamine wants to collaborate with her for something. After the URS, Guzma, Lusamine, and Lillie leave, Mina arrives and invites you back to Seafolk Village, where you can begin the final Island Trial.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You know...

Looking through Xenblade 2 stuff.

All the fanservicey designs?

They're all blades.

All the drivers, NPCs and such all have normal proportions and clothes.

Makes me wonder if there's a plot reason.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
You know...

They're all blades.

They breathe through their skin.

Rizen

Smash Legend
My stupid cat threw up all over the books on my bedside table at 2 am. I got her a can of wet food as a treat but will never do that again.
/tired

D

Deleted member

And I've got a big birthday gift as well:

I've never expected the collector edition to be this huge!

D

Deleted member

I need some help with team building in FEH
Sigurd, Arvis, BLyn and Lukas are already one team but I don't know how to pair the others outside the fact Arden and BK aren't going to be in the same team

D

Deleted member

You know...

They're all blades.

No, but I'm sure there's a PLOT reason.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Final Smash Gamer Happy Birthday.

Also, finally can get downtown for Yugioh. The hard part is figuring out how to improve my deck. I can't rely on Card of Demise since it discards my entire hand, and isn't nearly that good even though I run few special summons. I brick too often. It's Fiend Anti-Meta with a splash of True Draco~

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Well, I've played Xenoblade Chronicles 2 for 6 hours, and here are my first impressions of the game (I'm not going to talk about plot details, but I'll spoiler it just in case someone doesn't want to know about the game)

-First off, the special edition is HUGE. Is not as big as the Fire Emblem Echoes special edition, but still. Also, 200 pages of artwork I won't see in a long time.
-The voice acting is all right. Some voices do seem a bit... different from what I expected them to sound (I'm looking at you Nia). But the accent... They make me feel like I don't now english at all, so difficult to understand...
-The graphics are beautiful, though in portable mode it does look a bit worse than other Switch games. On TV is a glorious sight.
-I still have to get used to the combat system. I think I prefer the old games where arts are available at the start of battle, so I don't need to attack to charge them, but yeah, I'm beginning and I don't know how deep this will go. (Also Blades are uncharted territory for me right now, so this is bound to change easily)
-Speaking of which, I'm getting Xenoblade X vibes... Because of the insane amount of options you have, I'm quite lost at the moment. At least they try to explain things in this game, unlike in X.
-The story seem really good right now, definitely an improvement to X, but we'll see if it can match the original. At least characters are quite likeable (Rex is such a good kid, I love him).
-Lastly, the best thing. The soundtrack is KILLER, I love it so much. Can't wait to hear the rest, it migt even surpass the original if they keep things up.

tl;dr: I'm having fun, but this game is so different from the others, starting is quite difficult. I actually felt the same way about Xenoblade X, and at the end I loved it, so I think this will go the same way. I can't wait to get back to the game.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just got Dorcas from the Free Summon on Enduring Love Block B.

Now I can have a full colour team of Distant Counter units.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Shouldn't that be a quarter? Just weird to hear "second quarter" since you never know your exact lifespan...
Well, I've played Xenoblade Chronicles 2 for 6 hours, and here are my first impressions of the game (I'm not going to talk about plot details, but I'll spoiler it just in case someone doesn't want to know about the game)

-First off, the special edition is HUGE. Is not as big as the Fire Emblem Echoes special edition, but still. Also, 200 pages of artwork I won't see in a long time.
-The voice acting is all right. Some voices do seem a bit... different from what I expected them to sound (I'm looking at you Nia). But the accent... They make me feel like I don't now english at all, so difficult to understand...
-The graphics are beautiful, though in portable mode it does look a bit worse than other Switch games. On TV is a glorious sight.
-I still have to get used to the combat system. I think I prefer the old games where arts are available at the start of battle, so I don't need to attack to charge them, but yeah, I'm beginning and I don't know how deep this will go. (Also Blades are uncharted territory for me right now, so this is bound to change easily)
-Speaking of which, I'm getting Xenoblade X vibes... Because of the insane amount of options you have, I'm quite lost at the moment. At least they try to explain things in this game, unlike in X.
-The story seem really good right now, definitely an improvement to X, but we'll see if it can match the original. At least characters are quite likeable (Rex is such a good kid, I love him).
-Lastly, the best thing. The soundtrack is KILLER, I love it so much. Can't wait to hear the rest, it migt even surpass the original if they keep things up.

tl;dr: I'm having fun, but this game is so different from the others, starting is quite difficult. I actually felt the same way about Xenoblade X, and at the end I loved it, so I think this will go the same way. I can't wait to get back to the game.
Well, not sure if you played the first before, but here are mine, more updates since I have played this game for over 5 hours.

• The special edition is indeed big, a bit odd how the steel book only has the game cartridge and no original plastic boxart...
  • I also have mixed feeling with voice acting, sometimes were great, sometimes don't.
  • Like how I was surprised that this is probably the first time I heard some real swears, I know it isn't that frequent but you have to consider more that this is a Nintendo published game.
  • I played the game primarily in handheld, it depends on where are you, in wide landscape it does become a bit blurry, but I can accept it, and there's only minor frame drops.
  • There was some time that I need to grind a bit more, only recently because I accidentally spend my cash. It wasn't easy to fight with yourself...
  • I have mixed reception on the combat system, it looked simple but it's more complicated compare to XC, probably need to take time to master it.
  • The tutorial is meh... and what's worse it seems that you can't reread those tutorials unlike the first Xenoblade...
  • The story is also just decent, I still have yet to say it's better than the original but...
  • I obviously love the artstyle and cutscene, sure I have to admit it feel long... but there is a reason
  • This game includes Events theater where you can not only view the cutscenes, you can also watch the Blade intros. I still have yet to get a rare Blade but we'll see.
  • The items were also a bit confusing for now, I guess I need to delve in more but... still don't know how to get core crystals, and some items they sell were a bit of a waste.
  • Even though I have mix reception with Rex, so far he does feel like main character. Also Pyra is a great character as well, not because of her design dummies, her personality is just spot on.
  • I also kind of missed how they used to drag out the camera and show the open world and the give you the Xenoblade title logo... yeah I used to feel this seems to be a staple for Xenoblade games, but sadly the removed it for some reason, and they also made it kind of more like a movie where they show the crew's names who made the game... which I felt it's a bit unnecessary.
  • The soundtrack have never let me down when it comes to Xenoblade titles, that said I do notice some of the soundtracks do feel like some have a bit of same rhythm compare to the original game's music, not a bad thing just something I need to point out.

Sadly my Switch just drained it's battery so it needs charge, also I got other things to do...

Ivander

Smash Legend
Got another Fjorm.

Should I use her for her abilities or merge her with the one I have?
Well, she does have some good abilities. She has ATK/DEF Bond, which is great for those who tank physical attacks. She also has Drive Attack, which is a good skill by itself.

Do you have Linde? Linde can now get access to Dark Aura(once you upgrade her Aura) that gives a +6 Buff to Swords, Lances, Axes and Dragonstones. If you give her Drive Attack, you're practically giving any Sword/Lance/Axe/Dragonstone user by her +9 Atk, which is very powerful. Combine with Ally Support, they'll get +10/+11 Atk. And Linde works very well with characters with Distant Counter like Ike, Hector, Fjorm, Lightning Breath users, etc.

D

Deleted member

Well, she does have some good abilities. She has ATK/DEF Bond, which is great for those who tank physical attacks. She also has Drive Attack, which is a good skill by itself.

Do you have Linde? Linde can now get access to Dark Aura(once you upgrade her Aura) that gives a +6 Buff to Swords, Lances, Axes and Dragonstones. If you give her Drive Attack, you're practically giving any Sword/Lance/Axe/Dragonstone user by her +9 Atk, which is very powerful. Combine with Ally Support, they'll get +10/+11 Atk. And Linde works very well with characters with Distant Counter like Ike, Hector, Fjorm, Lightning Breath users, etc.
I think if you're foddering Fjorm, at least use her for Atk/Def Bond or Shield Pulse.
Drive Atk may be only avaible to her and Delthea but the other two are much more valuable imo, Atk/Def Bond is exclusive to her currently and only Saber has SP besides her.

Though Shield Pulse is gimmicky, and I can't think of any units that want A/D Bond. Maybe someone with in-built DC and Quick Riposte?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
And I've got a big birthday gift as well:

I've never expected the collector edition to be this huge!
Yeah,which can be a bit of problem when I am going to take it back to my country once I finish this semester.
No, but I'm sure there's a PLOT reason.
So far for 5 hours of gameplay still hasn't any explanation yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom