• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
The very first comment on that tweet...

If Megaman Legends 3 gets released on the Switch then i'm making it a priority to get the Switch ASAP.

I know I know. I'm setting up myself for disappointment. No need to tell me that.
It's kinda hard to believe that MML3 was first announced when Nintendo Power was still around.
I still remember that Nintendo Power issue. I always liked those robot designs.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
If Megaman Legends 3 gets released on the Switch then i'm making it a priority to get the Switch ASAP.

I know I know. I'm setting up myself for disappointment. No need to tell me that.
Let's hope Capcom can finally stop being Capcom for a while.

And it's not always a bad thing to set up expectations.

Anyone have Xenoblade Cronicles 2 that can try and sell the game to me? Im trying to make myself get intrested in it again but The combat looks pretty....ah. Anway, plz halp
No...

I have played XC2 for a bit. I have said I have drop down my fanboyism and have fair share of thoughts after playing.
I also stopped because my Switch need charging...
Notes on Special Edition:
It's pretty big...
Haven't check the artbook, probably never will until I finish the game, no joking.
The steelbook includes.... the game... yep just the game cartridge... no actual boxart, which I honestly did felt a bit of a bummer... that said...
The back of special edition's boxart is basically the back of the Switch boxart, so no big deal.
thoughts, spoiler will be labeled as spoiler:
  • Cutscenes were really overwhelming at first...
  • The tutorial is... meh, unlike XC where there's a proper tutorial, they just have a more characteristic text telling you what to do, it's not terrible but so far it isn't as good as XC's tutorial in my opinion
  • I play in English voice for now, I had hope the battle voice and cutscene voice can be separate, but sadly it isn't...
  • Rex voice is okay, Nia's voice isn't good in my opinion... oh yeah...
  • To those Pyra haters, the first female you encounter isn't even Pyra, it's actually Nia
  • The saving screen kind of worries me a bit on the total of playable drivers....
  • The menu and the camera control are way better than XC, but needs to get used to.
  • Quest log is more better but compare to XC a bit bummer that you can't just click on one button to check the quest once it's updated...
  • The combat for now... is boring... also
  • NO ARMOR CUSTOMIZATION ****!
  • So far I only hear Rex say one quote...
  • Not sure why... but at fist I can't buy any stuff at Argentum Trade Guild, but after I slept in a lodge at the third floor to raise EXP all the side quests and shops were available... and no sleeping in a lodge isn't story quest...

Is it just me, or is EAs stocks falling more?
Shouldn't be of a surprise... right?

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It's kinda hard to believe that MML3 was first announced when Nintendo Power was still around.
I still remember that Nintendo Power issue. I always liked those robot designs.
It's been 7 years since MML3 was announced and 6 years since it's cancellation.

After everything that went down, we can only hope that MML3 see's the light of day again. MML2's ending was such a cliffhanger and it's such a pity that we can't see what does down afterwards.
And it's not always a bad thing to set up expectations.
It is dude. It really is.

Especially when it comes to a game announced 7 years ago.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It is dude. It really is.

Especially when it comes to a game announced 7 years ago.
Well, it seems that Capcom likes to port old games to Switch ,so just maybe...

D

Deleted member

. Who’s on the first map again? And any other bow users? If you have a tank unit they may work for fliers.
It's the first map of the Bride paralogue, so Bride Caeda, Bryde Lyn, a Sword Pegasus and a Lance Pegasus.
I don't have any other trained Archers but I do have a Lv1 Jeorge, maybe he'll finally be useful.

I'n giving myself a break from it though, maybe I'll attempt SA5 but 4 needs to go **** itself

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I would also give my review on XC2 in handheld mode since well... some say the handheld mode looks awful.

I say at first right when the very beginning it really looked pretty pretty messy with the dark clouds and the rain just looked very blurry...
The gameplay overall is actually ok, obviously it runs at 30 fps but overall the cutscenes were great and the gameplay isnt' glorius or anything but it is still pretty when you know this game is huge.

Also I may used to be whiny about XC2's metacritic score, the user score is very good around at 8.4 based on 219 rating.
So this also proves that not much people were annoyed on those trifle stuff we have argued about such as Pyra's design...

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Yes!

While I personally doubt it, if we do get a Vesperia remake, I hope it would be the PS3 Version.
I'm more than certain we'll get the PS3 version if it ends up coming to Switch. And hopefully with all those new costumes, especially the Namco costumes, like Mitsurugi Yuri, Valkyrie Estelle and KOS-MOS Judith. Same with the Tales Villain costumes.

That being said, I might have learned something very useful about the Weapon Refinery system. Not only can you upgrade a weapon to a different version even after you upgraded it once already, but apparently you can switch between versions you got without having to craft to the previous one. Like say you upgraded to the Spd+ one first, you can choose a different upgrade later and be able to keep both versions and switch between them whenever you want. That's what someone on Reddit apparently confirmed, although there's no photo evidence yet.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It's the first map of the Bride paralogue, so Bride Caeda, Bryde Lyn, a Sword Pegasus and a Lance Pegasus.
I don't have any other trained Archers but I do have a Lv1 Jeorge, maybe he'll finally be useful.

I'n giving myself a break from it though, maybe I'll attempt SA5 but 4 needs to go **** itself
Ah you have anyone with high res? They could tank the mages. For the fliers an axe user and lancer with high res if you have them may help. But this is definitely one of the rougher ones. Celica has the hardest imo because they defense tiles suck. Sa5 isn’t to bad. I beat it second try. Nothing too crazy in it.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Anyone have Xenoblade Cronicles 2 that can try and sell the game to me? Im trying to make myself get intrested in it again but The combat looks pretty....ah. Anway, plz halp
I don't have it, but I spoiled my butt about it.
Have you played Xenoblade 1?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
This had been a really confusing morning so far. He's pretty depressed, haven't answers calls when you need to, lefts loads of servers, renamed himself, and left a message that can be best described as heavy self depreciation. Reminds me of the way Colticide acted several times and he's a friend with well known depression episodes.

What really happened when he was just fine last night? Why the sudden leave? Is he really losing hope that fast when the year is far from over? Do he really thinks that he will never have his own personal job one day? Is he under that mentality that he will eventually lose his home because of recent financial hiccups? Does he not realize how fortunate he is compared to others?

Best thing I can do is just give him the isolation he needs. I doubt I can really get to him in the state he's in, and neither would anyone else if they try. That leaves me with even more work to do since he won't be making Strawpolls anymore. I'll just give it a week assuming this is temporary. It's far from a simple mood swing.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Well, it seems that Capcom likes to port old games to Switch ,so just maybe...
Would take a lot to port a 3DS game to the Switch though,

And we don't even know how far MML3 was in development.

D

Deleted member

Ah you have anyone with high res? They could tank the mages. For the fliers an axe user and lancer with high res if you have them may help. But this is definitely one of the rougher ones. Celica has the hardest imo because they defense tiles suck. Sa5 isn’t to bad. I beat it second try. Nothing too crazy in it.
I have some high Res units but the main issue are the fliers, they double basically everyone.
I'll consider training Jeorge because he should have high Res considering his Prf Bow

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Welp, I finally finished Xenoblade Chronicles.

This game still gives me lots of feels. :4shulk:

Definitely one of my favourite games of all time.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's probably too early to ask this question but how much of a jump would it be to go from XC1 to XC2?

I'm still interested in XCX but with those comments from the director saying how we might get a Switch port of XCX, I might be inclined to wait on that.

Just wondering if it's a better gameplay curve to play the games in order.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
It's probably too early to ask this question but how much of a jump would it be to go from XC1 to XC2?

I'm still interested in XCX but with those comments from the director saying how we might get a Switch port of XCX, I might be inclined to wait on that.

XCX is a different thing, so it is better to wait for the potential port.

If you want and can, start XC2, do it now, you'll feel at home with the fresh knowledge you just got from XC.

Nope, I havent played any of the Xenoblade games:substitute:
You should start with XC1 to get used to the mechanics. But you can play XC2 if you want, but the first one is a must play imo.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Nintendo retweeted the upcoming :4megaman: event.
Bout time he came back to a Nintendy system.

(though I'm still keeping expections low).
I hope at least the two collections are getting a Switch Version. Though I have the first, and I might get the second on PS4. That said, If Mega Man has some new **** coming, and it's good, it'll be an early Christmas.

Other than that, the Kid Buu trailer was alright, but I need more to see some of his moves better.

And since it's December, back to this avatar.

Both Nintendo & Playstation retweeting/promoting this is a good sign. Am betting we just get the cartoon, a game related to it, and some new merchandise sadly.

I think there are some obvious ways to please fans, but as a personal wish I'd like to see a new Robot Master/Maverick Fan-Art Contest (MM11/X9?) and a 30th Anniversary Symphony (Zelda/Kirby/Pokemon/FE got one). :sheep:
That's true, it could likely be related to the cartoon they are making. If its not complete trash, then it won't be a problem.

Another contest for bosses would be nice. It would probably be more encouraged that kids enter like the other Classic series attempts. Though if not, I'd like to try, if only for the experience.

Chrono.

I hope at least the two collections are getting a Switch Version. Though I have the first, and I might get the second on PS4. That said, If Mega Man has some new **** coming, and it's good, it'll be an early Christmas.

Other than that, the Kid Buu trailer was alright, but I need more to see some of his moves better.

And since it's December, back to this avatar.
I like how they gave him some of Super Buu's moves (namely the Genocide Rain.) But really I just want the Ultimate Gohan trailer like yesterday.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Alright, my frustration levels are very high right now. From me having to wait even longer to get Xenoblade 2 to Azure's strange refusal to talk out his problems than succumbing to them, this is one of the most stressful day I've had this year.

Just going to try to be patient waiting on a car and keep on calling him until I get answers. I'd rather not be known as a quitter.

D

Deleted member

Squad Assault 5 is a blessing after the hell that is SA4, beat it on my first try.
Still have to beat the fourth but, like, lol no

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hey guys. Please try to refrain from airing people's personal business in this public forum. Especially when it comes to depression, suicide, and those kinds of related topics. There is nothing wrong with caring and talking about it in private. But sometimes when people remove themselves from different places online, they'd appreciate if they weren't talked about. Especially if they have heavy stuff happening in their lives.

D

Deleted member

Tried to summon for Hector again, only got blues and reds, and I got Bunny Xander'd instead.
At least you didn't get two Spring Camillas
It hurts more, trust me
I guess Xander has that badge skill which is quite good for grindomg them

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
At least you didn't get two Spring Camillas
It hurts more, trust me
I guess Xander has that badge skill which is quite good for grindomg them
Spring Camilla would actually work really well as I could make a second Flier Emblem team with her and Halloween Nowi, making it more ranged attack oriented.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I just realized that english Nia kinda sounds like Becky Lynch.

GOTY.

D

Deleted member

Spring Camilla would actually work really well as I could make a second Flier Emblem team with her and Halloween Nowi, making it more ranged attack oriented.
The problem is that Spring Camilla has zero skill fodder, Green Egg is a joke, Rallies aren't good, Defiant skills are utter garbage and the Shards skill only affects one battle for a day.

Doesn't help I don't like Camilla at all and she once again blocked me from Hector.
Also, I can't even builid a Flier Emblem team because I literally only have Clair who's worth the investment and no Flier buffs

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Nichegamer is confirmed trash yet again. Bashing Kotaku by saying that they'll make a correct review of Xenoblade 2. Despite the Kotaku review being "If you didn't like the previous games you won't like this" which works both ways. And Nichegamer insulted people's intelligence if they considered BotW challenging or good

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
There is nothing gay about this at all.

IMG_20171202_005925.jpg

But yeah I should make more Ally Supports.

I might put Hinoka with Clair but at the same time, I don't wanna break up the AlmxClair OTP.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Got Xenoblade 2...Special Edition as well...

Buuuut, I don't think I'll be playing it for a while, still playing Skyrim and having too much fun with the game (despite having played it before)...

With that said if any of you monkeys spoils anything from XC2 before I get the chance to play it....I will find you D:<

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Would take a lot to port a 3DS game to the Switch though,

And we don't even know how far MML3 was in development.
Welp, I finally finished Xenoblade Chronicles.

This game still gives me lots of feels. :4shulk:

Definitely one of my favourite games of all time.
The ending was very mindblowing, can't wait to see XC2...
That said I am not gonna have high expectations on XC2's story this time...

With how I seem to have mix to positive review on Xenoblade Chronicles 2 there's one thing I found really really awesome that I had hope this should be in the previous games.
For those who plays Fire Emblem Fates, does that game allow you to rewatch those cutscenes?

Well, now you can because there's a new feature called Events Theater, which actually explains why there are abundant of cutscenes, some may not like it, but with me how I like the anime artstyle, this is a very good feature to add, what's more awesome is you can change the time, weather and language! So this means I am damn will going to stick with English voice line while playing whereas I will rewatch those cutscenes in Japanese.

I started Xenoblade 2.

I like Rex right off the bat, he's a good kid.
Rex's English was meh, but Nia... I like her character but her English voice sounds bland... her Japanese voice was pretty typical for a cat girl... and I like it.
By the way, do you just buy the normal copy or the special edition?

You might still feel fresh to play Xenoblade 2 if depending on how you play, if you play the Wii then you need to get used to he Switch's small screen. As for me who play on the New 3DS, the text size were a huge improvement on the Switch.

As for XCX I would love to see it porting to Switch as well.

XCX is a different thing, so it is better to wait for the potential port.

If you want and can, start XC2, do it now, you'll feel at home with the fresh knowledge you just got from XC.
Actually... only the quest system does help a bit... the camera need to get used to but way better compare to the New 3DS port.
Those who played X might be disappointed with the battle system... it is a bit boring if the enemies you fight with is low level since you didn't really need to press anything...

Also there's HD rumble... when you scavenging. And when you drop off the cliff.
With that said if any of you monkeys spoils anything from XC2 before I get the chance to play it....I will find you D:<
Same... a minor bumped on they give us only steel book and game and not the plastic boxart...
I will also try to get the Xenoblade 2 Pro controller tomorrow at Gamestop.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom