• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The ending was very mindblowing, can't wait to see XC2...
That said I am not gonna have high expectations on XC2's story this time...

With how I seem to have mix to positive review on Xenoblade Chronicles 2 there's one thing I found really really awesome that I had hope this should be in the previous games.
For those who plays Fire Emblem Fates, does that game allow you to rewatch those cutscenes?

Well, now you can because there's a new feature called Events Theater, which actually explains why there are abundant of cutscenes, some may not like it, but with me how I like the anime artstyle, this is a very good feature to add, what's more awesome is you can change the time, weather and language! So this means I am damn will going to stick with English voice line while playing whereas I will rewatch those cutscenes in Japanese.

Rex's English was meh, but Nia... I like her character but her English voice sounds bland... her Japanese voice was pretty typical for a cat girl... and I like it.
By the way, do you just buy the normal copy or the special edition?

You might still feel fresh to play Xenoblade 2 if depending on how you play, if you play the Wii then you need to get used to he Switch's small screen. As for me who play on the New 3DS, the text size were a huge improvement on the Switch.

As for XCX I would love to see it porting to Switch as well.

Actually... only the quest system does help a bit... the camera need to get used to but way better compare to the New 3DS port.
Those who played X might be disappointed with the battle system... it is a bit boring if the enemies you fight with is low level since you didn't really need to press anything...

Also there's HD rumble... when you scavenging. And when you drop off the cliff.

Same... a minor bumped on they give us only steel book and game and not the plastic boxart...
I will also try to get the Xenoblade 2 Pro controller tomorrow at Gamestop.
Funny. You quoted me even though you didn't say anything about the post you quoted. :bluejump:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The battle chatter in XC2 makes me feel like Im having a psychotic episode
I hate how Rex has the same battle quotes over and over again...
Funny. You quoted me even though you didn't say anything about the post you quoted. :bluejump:
Oh right, was going to say that I doubt porting 3DS games to Switch is hard... sorry about that, it was because I was playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2 so...

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I hate how Rex has the same battle quotes over and over again...

Oh right, was going to say that I doubt porting 3DS games to Switch is hard... sorry about that, it was because I was playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2 so...
RE Revelations was originally on the 3ds now on the switch so it is definitely possible.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
RE Revelations was originally on the 3ds now on the switch so it is definitely possible.
Let's also not forget Monster Hunter XX which was a pretty impressive game to be ported on Switch so that's right.
It's really just Capcom being Capcom...

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Finally got the game (Xenoblade Chronicles 2). Would do without the twisted foot, but accidents happen.

Need something to spike my energy levels. Coffee, Tim Tams, powered candy, anything. This is going to be a long playthrough.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Every time I look at this scene, I keep thinking about that one Tom and Jerry episode where the duckling is telling his mom about Tom.

That's the trainer who tried to catch me! He kept putting me to sleep and using False Swipe to lower my HP to 1.

He did?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
There's also a recent news showing Pearl and Marina's age... not sure if anyone mention this or not.

Try to guess their age before looking...

PEARL IS OLDER THAN ME!!!!!!!!!!!Only at least a year though
At first I was surprised but when I saw the Japanese description saying that she is a heavy pick eater... I'm not surprised...
Better eat those vegetable kids, otherwise you'll be just like Pearl when you enter your 20s.
You never see Pearl the same ever again...

And man... I actually prefer they were both Octolings... I'm pretty sure everyone agrees with this.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Won't be doing that until they release Minerva dressed as Cherche riding Cherche dressed as Minerva riding Minerva dressed as Cherche.

Still disappointed we didn't get that in the Halloween banner.
4aa.png

Not all the way, but close enough.
So what you're saying is you want Cherche to ride the dragon?

. . .Actually if you really think about that it's kinda

But hey, whatever flies your wyverns. :troll:
Cherche is already a master at riding her Dragon. I mean, you have to be if you can ride a Female Dragon.

Now that I've amused you, into the Feather Grinder sending you home with Bartre and Est.
x8bxdh9uaewz - Copy.png

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The Pearl design needed a bit more time in the oven, that's for sure.
Also notice that Captain Cuttlefish is also a huge fan... weird...
My guess is well... it would be weird if there's suddenly a pop group with two Octolings... so it made sense they later made Pearl a squid.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
After a painful amount of tweaking, I finally got Visual Boy Advance to display pixel perfect.

No more blurriness!
Read that as "twerking."

Just...wanted to let you know that, and to put the visual in everyone's heads.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Does XBC X relate to the main series at all?
And Nichegamer insulted people's intelligence if they considered BotW challenging or good
Good, yes. Challenging lol nooooooo. Although I did find one unintended flaw in master mode that was an enormous pain in the butt.
BotW is really fun if you like open world exploration; if not it's mediocre at best.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Does XBC X relate to the main series at all?
Are saying Xeno series as a whole or Xenoblade series?
Each Xenoblade games are the main series game, however they each have their own story...

And OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not gonna tell you when but SOMEBODY IN XENOBLADE CHRONICLES 2 SAYS THE S*** WORD!
Not gonna post the pic because spoilers and I don't wanna get warning...
Oh yeah... Rex also said the "A" word once...
How isn't Xenoblade Chronicles 2 rated M?
Now your're still agruing about Pyra's design?

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Not gonna tell you when but SOMEBODY IN XENOBLADE CHRONICLES 2 SAYS THE S*** WORD!
This might shock you.

But those are considered minor swear words.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Are saying Xeno series as a whole or Xenoblade series?
Each Xenoblade games are the main series game, however they each have their own story...

Now your're still agruing about Pyra's design?
Fine, I'll do it, as it doesn't reveal anything plot relevant anyway :V
malote.jpg

T Rating allows some F-Bombs and other bad words as long the game doesn't go full diss track.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
This might shock you.

But there are considered minor swear words.
I actually don't think so.
Minor swear words such as damnIT, shootER and crapE. Or at least that's how I think...
That said, you never heard those words in a Xenoblade game, seems that Nintendo of Europe really didn't hold back

this time when to comes to localization
Enough "Pyra's design isn't appropriate in Xenoblade", I personally think having swear words in a JRPG, especially when it's published by Nintendo by the way is still mindblowing at least for me obviously.

Artichoke?!

I guess I mean does XBC X relate to Xenoblade Chronicles 1 and 2?
Hint: A, three letters, ends with s.
Only some in game terms and systems like arts, affinity, quests etc. are related, story wise they are all different.
X was officially considered as spiritual successor though.

Fine, I'll do it, as it doesn't reveal anything plot relevant anyway :V

T Rating allows some F-Bombs and other bad words as long the game doesn't go full diss track.
I know we shouldn't take Nintendo as a kiddy company anymore, but this is still a bit ground break for not only a Nintendo published game but also in a Xenoblade/ JRPG game.
I mean it's just only two scenes and we have two swears... that's a bit frequent for a T rated game.
Unless if this is the only time I will hear those swears then whatever.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I actually don't think so.
I live in a country where English is the majority language.

Ass is so minor it often isn't even censored.

S word isn't even that bad.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Hint: A, three letters, ends with s.
Only some in game terms and systems like arts, affinity, quests etc. are related, story wise they are all different.
X was officially considered as spiritual successor though.
He was being sarcastic with that first one. Unless that game about an artichoke left a massive impact about artichoke.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Clearly we have people who haven't heard of the great Artichoke attack of '57.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Where I live, saying the F word just means French for seal.

Sure, it's written differently and not the same word at all, but it's pronounced exactly the same way :p

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Kinda sad this site censors the word ass. WHICH FIVE YEAR OLDS ARE WE PROTECTING

S*** I'm surprised is in a decently high-profile Nintendo game though considering their motto is pretty much "think of the children!!".

Where I live, saying the F word just means French for seal.

Sure, it's written differently and not the same word at all, but it's pronounced exactly the same way :p
Bullllll**** you talk about seals in French more than you say **** in English. I grew up in a French house and **** was said infinitely more times than phoque. :laugh:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Kinda sad this site censors the word ***. WHICH FIVE YEAR OLDS ARE WE PROTECTING

S*** I'm surprised is in a decently high-profile Nintendo game though considering their motto is pretty much "think of the children!!".

Bullllll**** you talk about seals in French more than you say **** in English. I grew up in a French house and **** was said infinitely more times than phoque. :laugh:
The best part is that words like badass aren't censored, but normal ass is. Unless the "bad" in badass cancels out the fact that ass is a bad word, with double negatives and whatnot.

...Or just plain old inconsistency. :p

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
That... is actually very accurate. :p

The best part is that words like badass aren't censored, but normal *** is. Unless the "bad" in badass cancels out the fact that *** is a bad word, with double negatives and whatnot.

...Or just plain old inconsistency. :p
Obviously, adding "bad" cancels the badness of ass.

Or maybe the site just doesn't bother censoring bad asses because who cares about those? :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom