• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I'm now reminded of the time my teacher asked what we are prejudiced against and, after some silence as always(no one ever answers his questions right away), a girl said she was prejudiced against anime. She said she doesn't have a problem with people who watch anime(aka weebs) but that she doesn't think they are nice people.
I was trying to contain my laughter during this entire time
She aint wrong tho. Have you seen some of the fights and stuff that happens in the anime community?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

She aint wrong tho. Have you seen some of the fights and stuff that happens in the anime community?
When did I say she was wrong?
And of course I know, MAL is worse than the entirety of GameFaqs, only 4chan wins in toxicity
Most anime youtibers are chill tho

Rizen

Smash Legend
I learned long ago there's no point to arguing with hard core anime fans; they're practically religious about it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm now reminded of the time my teacher asked what we are prejudiced against and, after some silence as always(no one ever answers his questions right away), a girl said she was prejudiced against anime. She said she doesn't have a problem with people who watch anime(aka weebs) but that she doesn't think they are nice people.
I was trying to contain my laughter during this entire time
I mean to be fair...she's not entirely wrong.

OK OK, before anyone gets their pitchforks out, lemme explain.

I'm not saying if you watch anime, you're automatically a **** person (doing so would be saying I am too...which maybe isn't too far from the truth, to be fair!), and I'm not saying all hardcore anime fans aren't particularly nice people.

But I'd be lying if I said I didn't think that there is a large amount of anime fans I've seen (both IRL and online) who specifically aren't very nice people. And I'm not just talking about in the context of anime communities. Even when they aren't talking about anime, I always get this air of egoism from these kinds of people. Like they have a systematic need to prove their intellectual superiority at every turn, and it gets super grating.

I didn't take much notice in it online, but when I was seeing this stuff IRL, it started to hit me that there might actually be something to this.

I just wanna stress that this isn't the same as your typical argument nerds have over video games and the like. It's like a constant ego that pops up from these people in nearly everything they do.

I can only speculate, but if I had to think of an explanation, I don't think liking anime is actually a strong factor here. I think the main factors would be that a lot of these people didn't have the most fulfilling childhoods and may also be naturally introverted too, which happens to be a pretty common background for a lot of anime fans. Which can on it's own lead to some particularly negative, anti-social behavior. I do think the interest in anime plays a small part though - mainly, a common phase a lot of anime fans go through is the "ANIME IS A HIGHER FORM OF ART" phase, where they feel this need to prove to people that this isn't just a silly cartoon like those childish Western animations, but that it's an intellectually superior form of art. Most anime fans grow out of this phase, and just watch what they want and don't give a damn about what other people think, but for some, it isn't a phase. They truly want everyone to appreciate the medium in the same way they do, and this need to prove intellectual superiority manifests in the rest of their personality, extending beyond just proving that anime is great but proving that THEY'RE super amazing, intellectually superior people.

But that's enough armchair psychology for one day. Also, no, I'm not referring to or thinking of anyone in this thread.

D

Deleted member

My husband finally comes home tomorrow. I'm grinding for him so ****ing much I'm gonna spend all the stamina I can to reach 30k as soon as possible.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just got back from watching the movie "Murder on the Orient Express". I really liked it. It got me thinking the whole and couldn't wait to find out the ending.
All of them but Hubbard was the mastermind.
Glad I went.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My husband finally comes home tomorrow. I'm grinding for him so ****ing much I'm gonna spend all the stamina I can to reach 30k as soon as possible.
For a split second, I thought you meant you had an IRL husband that was coming home from war or something.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
View attachment 133983
I've-a got some games!
I bought Ultra Moon today with a friend. He bought Ultra Sun.
I bought TotA and ToCS last week, I can't wait to play them!
I'll be bringing these home with me when Thanksgiving break begins.
Late but thumbs up on getting Trails of Cold Steel. The Trails/Kiseki series is probably my favorite RPG series nowadays.

Cold Steel is a blast, though I personally prefer the older Trails in the Sky series. And Zero no Kiseki, but the Crossbell games are never getting localized.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Joshua, who is totally not Jakob, who is totally not Seth, who is totally not Robin, is coming to FE Heroes.

Would've been better if you showed this image.
Poor Fujiwara Ryo. His art is very detailed, but his faces suffer from same-face syndrome. At the very least, he's not suffering like one Fate/GO artist who was getting death threats for same-face syndrome.
That aside, since we are talking about the former artist, here's some Fujiwara Ryo Persona 5 artwork.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I think I'm gonna buckle and get Skyrim...

Was gonna wait but I do have the money now to get it and I tend to have a habit of never getting a game, if I don't get it immediately...

At the same time Xenoblade is out in less than two weeks...gonna be a busy holiday season switching between two games that will likely take hundreds of hours of playtime each...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
In my playthrough of Chrono Trigger and I find it hilarious that Crono could be sentenced to death so easily.

This game has so many hilarious, non-nonsensical things in it. But in a good way where you can get a good laugh out of it.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Do I see a new haircut?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Do I see a new haircut?
Whats the whole tweet saying though?
Edit: frim translate
A sudden contact received from an investigator at the squid research institute. It seems that from today Tuesday, November 21 (Tue) at 23:00, a picture of about one and half minutes concerning future updates will be released. Check it out!
By picture, It probably means video so i hope this is the announcement of the big update I was hoping for

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Only on the Internet... and doesn't other communities like gaming and sports sometimes fights too?

I rarely prejudiced against any kind of hobby, but who knows... maybe I still haven't think about it yet.

And again about the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Famitsu scores, I checked another website thread called Resetera and got some interesting comments, here are some of my favs.
"Xenoblade Chronicles 2 First Review".

Oh!

"Famitsu".

Oh, come on!
My second cousin at Famitsu told me they deducted a point for each pair of baggy pants in the game.

No, I'm hoping this isn't a portend of things to come, but... it's Famitsu. Difficult to take their scores at face value.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just when I thought this was going to be a good day, all it took was one phone call to kill it.

Aussie's likely in a lot of pain right now knowing how much she loved her late grandfather. He sounds like a great man, like what most would expect out of their own grandparents. Remembering how bad my grandmothers' deaths affected me, I hope the effects aren't as bad for her.

It's kind of a reason why she made the right move to stay offline for a while soon as her family took that flight. If only there's something I can do to help. And I apologize in advance if I killed any good vibes this night.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Oh ok, so I'm basically ****ed because I don't have a PS3 nor a PS4(I'd probably have tried to play them already if I did).
Sega would do well to release some sort of trilogy remaster for the Switch if they want to release on it so much. Well, at least it can't be any worse than playing KH3D without any prior knowledge about KH outside of the fact swords are replaced eith giant keys and Mickey is there
VC1 is also on PC if that's any consolation.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I was enjoying RWBY.

But then everything got really sad in like two episodes.

:(

Rizen

Smash Legend
I think I'm gonna buckle and get Skyrim...

Was gonna wait but I do have the money now to get it and I tend to have a habit of never getting a game, if I don't get it immediately...

At the same time Xenoblade is out in less than two weeks...gonna be a busy holiday season switching between two games that will likely take hundreds of hours of playtime each...
I have Skyrim for PS4; it's really fun. The world is HUGE and there are a million things to do half of which start with 'kill the bandit leader...'

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Because what's the point of a high school where everything is a gun if there isnt crippling depression?

What episode/season?
Just finished Season 3.

RIP Pyrrha
RIP Penny
RIP Beacon
RIP Yang's Arm
RIP Team RWBY

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well at least you dont have to be sad about a long hiatus like everyone else did

Prepare for the awkward season 4
JAUNE AND PYRRhA DESERVED TO BE HAPPY
Yes...

Yes they did....

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I hope I'm not the only one who can appreciate a good bootleg when I see one.

The "Oh God, I Wish It Were Butter!" was pretty strong.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Do I see a new haircut?
HOLY WOOMY LET'S GO

It's weird. It doesn't seem to follow the rule of morphic resonance like every hairstyle except the Squid Beats 2 one does. . .

But at the same time it looks strange in general. Do you think they took a razor to them and chopped them to bits the way the one male tentacle style just hacked them off altogether?

*looks at closer image on ResetERA*

. . .Whoa, I might actually be right. The tips are all diced into squares! Looks like the Rule of 6 still exists after all, it's just that there's more ways to get around it than just removing the tentacles altogether.

*EDIT* I'm going to go really wild and say since they modeled a low poly shopping cart we're getting a supermarket map next as well.

Which would actually be amazing if they did that LOL.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I would also like to share these two new Torna member artwork:
Yikes, Rex, Pyra, Nia, Dromarch, Zeke, Tora, Pandoria, and Poppi really need to watch out since Torna is going to have Yumeko from Kakegurui join their organization...

This dude, I don't even...

Here's a better quality of Poppi beta...
pic from http://www.creativeuncut.com

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I don't normally like to stoop to this level of comedy but this is really just too much

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Additionally, I notice something odd with Pandoria's shoulders...
xc2-pandoria.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom