• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Just when I thought this was going to be a good day, all it took was one phone call to kill it.

Aussie's likely in a lot of pain right now knowing how much she loved her late grandfather. He sounds like a great man, like what most would expect out of their own grandparents. Remembering how bad my grandmothers' deaths affected me, I hope the effects aren't as bad for her.

It's kind of a reason why she made the right move to stay offline for a while soon as her family took that flight. If only there's something I can do to help. And I apologize in advance if I killed any good vibes this night.
That's absolutely horrible to hear. I can't imagine what it's like to lose someone so close.

Give Aussie my well wishes. Here's hoping everything goes well for her.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I did a double take when I noticed they were lightbulbs a few days ago too, LOL.
So is Pandoria... we all know she's a Blade, just what kind of creature is she?
Maybe some Blades just comes in all shapes and sizes, they can really go with anything when it comes to Blades, and so far every Blades talk.

Do you think we will get crossover Blades in the future as DLC? KOS-MOS and Teleos from Xenosaga might be a more possible choice, but only if BandaiNamco allows them to appear in Xenoblade.
Or maybe just other Nintendo characters join will be cool, maybe Pit and Palutena are good choice.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So is Pandoria... we all know she's a Blade, just what kind of creature is she?
Maybe some Blades just comes in all shapes and sizes, they can really go with anything when it comes to Blades, and so far every Blades talk.

Do you think we will get crossover Blades in the future as DLC? KOS-MOS and Teleos from Xenosaga might be a more possible choice, but only if BandaiNamco allows them to appear in Xenoblade.
Or maybe just other Nintendo characters join will be cool, maybe Pit and Palutena are good choice.
I don't think crossover content would happen in a thousand years. . .

But now you've got me thinking about that last part LOL.

As for what Blades are. . .probably just artificial lifeforms that exist as a weapon and a partner at the same time with their life force shared between the body and object. There's probably a deeper explanation to it in-game, but that's what I've been assuming they are looking at the way promotional material handles it.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
My Hero Academia's 3rd season will being airing starting April of 2018.

If it's a 2 cour season, I seriously can't wait for...

• Tokoyami's Dark Shadow completely losing it during the school trip arc.
  • Uraraka and Tsuyu vs Toga
  • Bakugo getting kidnapped
  • All Might vs AfO
  • United States of Smash
  • Deku vs Bakugo 2

So much good stuff will be happening this season :bluejump:

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I don't think crossover content would happen in a thousand years. . .
C'mon, this is Nintendo/Monolithsoft we are talking about, it just might happen.
As for what Blades are. . .probably just artificial lifeforms that exist as a weapon and a partner at the same time with their life force shared between the body and object. There's probably a deeper explanation to it in-game, but that's what I've been assuming they are looking at the way promotional material handles it.
Blades are their weapons seem to have their own names (For Pyra at least.) I'm sure we will know more details about Blades once we got the game.

Edit: I check on Super Mario Odyssey reviews and I also know how many people were furious on some video have spoilers and some review videos have to post a huge disclaimer on saying this video is spoiler free... but should still consider more if they don't even want to get spoiled on the Kingdoms....... I mean I understand avoiding spoiler is important, but for a Mario I tend to be fie with its spoilers.. just wait and see until Xenoblade Chronicles 2's review embargo is off... I'm pretty sure there will be many leak videos post to Youtube at that time, and you guys will know what I will do. (Not gonna post Spongbebob burying himself gif again...)

New Blades in Xenoblade Chronicles 2
I see what you did there Yusuke...
Also Jeff... you need to make a new Genji skin out of this Blade.

And Diancie is confirmed to be in Xenoblade.

Edit: sorry for repost
I get it...
Heads up Fire Emblem and No More Heros fans
These two Blades are designed by Kozaki Yusuke, artist for Fire Emblem Awakening and Fates, and also No More Heros series.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
C'mon, this is Nintendo/Monolithsoft we are talking about, it just might happen.

Blades are their weapons seem to have their own names (For Pyra at least.) I'm sure we will know more details about Blades once we got the game.

Edit: I check on Super Mario Odyssey reviews and I also know how many people were furious on some video have spoilers and some review videos have to post a huge disclaimer on saying this video is spoiler free... but should still consider more if they don't even want to get spoiled on the Kingdoms....... I mean I understand avoiding spoiler is important, but for a Mario I tend to be fie with its spoilers.. just wait and see until Xenoblade Chronicles 2's review embargo is off... I'm pretty sure there will be many leak videos post to Youtube at that time, and you guys will know what I will do. (Not gonna post Spongbebob burying himself gif again...)

New Blades in Xenoblade Chronicles 2
I see what you did there Monolithsoft...
Also Jeff... you need to make a new Genji skin out of this Blade.

And Diancie is confirmed to be in Xenoblade.
That kinda looks like Blazblue's Hakumen.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
That kinda looks like Blazblue's Hakumen.
I get it...
Heads up Fire Emblem and No More Heros fans
These two Blades are designed by Kozaki Yusuke, artist for Fire Emblem Awakening and Fates, and also No More Heros series.
Now just which artist would you like to see design Blade in XC2?

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Now THIS is what I was waiting for! More gear, legwear and hairstyle options!
Me right now:

I need the deeds, GIMME THE DEEDS FAM.

D

Deleted member

Savage Blow, Hone Spd and Close Def
Welp, I called the last one. Hone Spd was long due and Savage Blow too I guess since we have BoL already.
>Joshua with double CD
Yeah boi
In my playthrough of Chrono Trigger and I find it hilarious that Crono could be sentenced to death so easily.

This game has so many hilarious, non-nonsensical things in it. But in a good way where you can get a good laugh out of it.
Not my damn fault you stole the old man's lunch, you monster
I was enjoying RWBY.

But then everything got really sad in like two episodes.

:(
I see you finished Vol.3
I don't normally like to stoop to this level of comedy but this is really just too much
I feel honored to have you make a ****post out of my post
My Hero Academia's 3rd season will being airing starting April of 2018.

If it's a 2 cour season, I seriously can't wait for...

• Tokoyami's Dark Shadow completely losing it during the school trip arc.
  • Uraraka and Tsuyu vs Toga
  • Bakugo getting kidnapped
  • All Might vs AfO
  • United States of Smash
  • Deku vs Bakugo 2

So much good stuff will be happening this season :bluejump:
Sweet, new screensaver
Also
I'm pretty sure they could do Training Camp arc+Hideout Raid arc in one cour or a little mlre, it's only about 30 chapters long combined and they did the Sports Festival in one cour(sure it's 22 chapters but the pacing was heavily slower during it in the anime)

BUT OH BOY, my favorite arc is getting animated, Training Camp was so ****ing hype when I was reading it.
Deku vs. Muscular is gonna be hype, I can already feel all the sakuga

I don't think we'll see Deku vs Kacchan round 2 though, that happens after the License Exams and I don't feel like we're seeing that already, just a gut feeling.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
That's absolutely horrible to hear. I can't imagine what it's like to lose someone so close.

Give Aussie my well wishes. Here's hoping everything goes well for her.
Oh I will. She's even open to DMing some folk on Thursday (Technically Wednesday because Eastern timezomes suck) just for that extra support.

Hate that talking is the only thing I can do since the damn Pacific Ocean keeps us separated.

D

Deleted member

You don't have to gamble to get Joshua but he'll sure make you pay up for him
The opening dialogue was great, poor Marth was just lost "**** they won't fight for free? What do I do now!?"
You forgot something
Torchwick's dead too.
To cheer yourself up, maybe try RWBY Chibi?
Shhhhhh... Roman lives
H-he'll come back any time now, he'll jump out of the Grimm through its butthole and text Neo "I lived *****"

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Totem Lurantis is truly a *****, but I managed to ruin her with patience.

>Its speed rose sharply
Use Glare, Arbok

>It hits like a truck
Imma shift between Arbok and Mawile to stack Intimidates and whoop Keckleon with Brick Break. Solar Blade is Solar Tickle now.

>Comfey heals and raises Lurantis' Defense.
Arbok has Acid to **** you both a the same time.

>Lurantis spams Synthesis
Arbok use Wrap to do passive damage.

It took 15 minutes, but it was fun to deconstruct that freaking plant in pajamas without using my Torracat and Firium Z.

:024::024::024:PRAISE:024:SNEK:024::024::024:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Due to the fact that I need to complete a long easy that is due today... I stay up ... glad that I took a nap 12 hours ago...

I saw a thread in GameFAQs where someone translate the Xenoblade 2's Famitsu review summary ... and let's just bring the elephant in the room... most their complaints basically also fits in the original Xenoblade Chronicles.
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/204208-xenoblade-chronicles-2/76011463?page=0

Famitsu review summary

Joy
  • playtime varies depending on the player
  • world setting is great and characters are charming. The scenes and music help you get immersed
  • the combat systems unlocking as you progress is great
  • combat using different blades are fun and strategic
  • the fast travel is very convenient.

Cons?

• there are lots of things to memorize for battle and is a bit complicated
  • you spend lots of time looking at event scenes
  • encountering too strong enemy and running away from them during exploration is troublesome
  • grinding for things like money can hurt the game's play tempo
  • sometimes it's hard to see the map
  • a single battle can be quite long, and you wish you can enjoy more variety of battles instead.
While I have admitted a lot of times that I am a Xenoblade fanboy... but I will try my best not when reading this review summary.

The first two Joys were those typical praise for both original and X (Minus characters for X though...), combat systems unlocking is nice, but just without the need to unlock monado arts and no gem finding, I hope the combat systems unlocking can be great than original's. As for using different Blades are fun and strategic is nuff said and I will mention this again....

As for the Cons were obvious that I have problems with, but I do have to give them a benefit of the doubt that they have played the game and I don't, so I just might have the same opinion with them
About things to memorize for battle obviously are the things you will need to learn when at the start of the game, as long as the game isn't like Dark Souls or Cuphead that somewhat instantly puts you into a heard frenzy gameplay I'm fine.
I just hope the tutorial is good...

Spend lots of time looking at event scenes was also a legit complaint for X, but compare to X's dull facial expressions, I'm pretty sure those who is fin with anime facial expression will consider this a plus

I mean I can't wait to see this,

And let's neglect the "encountering too strong enemy and running away from them during exploration is troublesome", since this has been what Xenoblade is known for. It is a bit fearsome, but not troublesome... unless you need to do quest that you have to get near to a high level enemy.

Sometime hard to see the map is legit, but I need to play the game myself to see how hard it will be, I mean I play the original on my New 3DS and man the map was hard to see, so I bet XC2's map will be way better even in handheld mode.

A single battle can be quite long was indeed true when I was watching some gameplay, I just hope it won't feel dull after hours of playing, but the new topple system and chain attacks are way more better than the original. Since I did not play X I can't say if X is better or not. And hey, in the game the crews will also need to deal with Drivers as well, so there is a bit of a variety right?

Overall I do think the Cons are a bit nitpick to some extent, with that being said I still don't think XC2 deserves 35/40, I will be totally fine if it's even just 36/40. Nevertheless as I have said before, Famitsu score don't heavily affect XC2's Metacritic score.

I mean... even Fire Emblem Awakening only got 36/40, I bet the developers ad the fans were a bit scared when seeing the Famitsu scores of Awakening, but glad that it sold really well. So besides just reviews... I just hope Xenoblade Chronicles 2 will be the best selling Xenoblade game or even the best selling Xeno game ever. And it's very likely due to the fact that this time Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is selling on a popular platform and it is at its on fire period, unlike the original that was released when the Wii was about to be replaced by Wii U, and X was also released at the near end of the console life cycle as well despite it had many trailers to promote the game.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
SEGA is releasing a new mobile RPG in Japan at least and although its a new IP, they're putting in guest characters.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
And let's neglect the "encountering too strong enemy and running away from them during exploration is troublesome", since this has been what Xenoblade is known for. It is a bit fearsome, but not troublesome... unless you need to do quest that you have to get near to a high level enemy.
Well I find it troublesome more often than that, LOL, but I can't complain because the alternative is getting stranded in a place I've already been with every enemy suddenly spiking to unsettlingly high levels for no conceivable reason.

. . .White Knight Chronicles had an awesome theme song and had gender neutral armor most of the time which makes it a massive improvement over the usual Xenoblade stripteases in that regard, but mechanics wise it was all too often a chain of tiny little annoyances with obvious solutions (I mean, usually I don't notice problems with games or have ideas on how to fix them but. . .dude. There's an ankle high ledge that exists solely for aesthetic reasons and it stops you from walking onto the path where it's at without specifically going to the ramp up it because there's no jump button. You have the movement speed of molasses and the enemies will chase you halfway across a map constantly attacking you instead of letting you physically run away.) that Xenoblade dove right in and fixed for me one after another. Strong enemies mixed in with weak ones are a hassle once in a while but I'll gladly take it ten times over a difficulty spike paired with a massive immersion break.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh god, I just realised the most important thing about My Hero Academia season 3, if they adapt the Hideout Raid arc
download2444443__2fstorage_2femulated_2f0_2fDownload_2fp.png

download225613e3__2fstorage_2femulated_2f0_2fDownload_2fp_20_281_29.png

download240aec82__2fstorage_2femulated_2f0_2fDownload_2fp_20_282_29.png

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well I find it troublesome more often than that, LOL, but I can't complain because the alternative is getting stranded in a place I've already been with every enemy suddenly spiking to unsettlingly high levels for no conceivable reason.
The only notable one is that giant DK you will find in Gaur Plains.
Uh.. yeah more often than not I found the jump in the game pretty useless, but there weren't any locations that you have to use the jump, minus a special location in Valak Mountain.
You have the movement speed of molasses and the enemies will chase you halfway across a map constantly attacking you instead of letting you physically run away.) that Xenoblade dove right in and fixed for me one after another. Strong enemies mixed in with weak ones are a hassle once in a while but I'll gladly take it ten times over a difficulty spike paired with a massive immersion break.
It depends on the landscape I guess, it is more harder to run away from enemies that have high mobility as well... and like how some users point out that this is what MMO RPGs tend to be.

And hm... the new mode looks fun, but I am not too fond with the new hair styles....

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Here's Gotenks' gameplay trailer for Dragon Ball FighterZ:

He looks awesome, I just wish these trailers weren't so damn short...

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Uh.. yeah more often than not I found the jump in the game pretty useless, but there weren't any locations that you have to use the jump, minus a special location in Valak Mountain.
The Jumping in Xenoblade was not much, but there's one reason why it holds a special place in our hearts.
Going to the edge of the map and jumping off the world.

That aside, jumping in Xenoblade Chronicles X was very fun and useful.
Savage Blow, Hone Spd and Close Def
Welp, I called the last one. Hone Spd was long due and Savage Blow too I guess since we have BoL already.
>Joshua with double CD
Yeah boi
I had a hunch with the possibility of that last one and it paid off. And I have 250 Coins ready to go. Also, now it's just Hone Atk that needs to come out, as Fortify Def and Res have come out.
Double Savage Blow has big potential. 14 Free Damage to all enemies nearby is big. That's not even counting the possible Staff Upgrade for Pain. Staff users can equip Savage Blow. So if Pain+ has AoE like Fear+, that would be 24 Damage for anybody nearby and that's terrifying considering that's half-HP lost for the majority of the heroes and even 3/4 for some others.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Also Pocket Camp relesed a day early
Just downloaded it.
And the control really gonna take a while to get used to.
IMG_20170820_210837.jpg

And like if you think these hairstyles are way better. This was from a Twitter post a while ago.

And Reyn's ""Alley-oop!"

But the cliff and the fall damage just made it a bit not too good.

In X you really can just go and jump anywhere you like and still survive.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Just downloaded it.
View attachment 133997
And like if you think these hairstyles are way better. This was from a Twitter post a while ago.

And Reyn's ""Alley-oop!"

Those hairs are 100% better but I do like the new hair styles also

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Just downloaded it.
View attachment 133997

And Reyn's ""Alley-oop!"

#4 is rendundant to the cover style and the first two aren't really going to endear the hair being pinned up any more than the one they added. Actually, the one they added might be more likeable just for being downright morbid, LOL.

#3 is nice, but I think the super Japanese looking one they went with has it's own charm. And is also hilariously morbid.

One is with two little addition and one is with... original hairstyle but with even larger bang? Maybe I need to look more details.
They hacked part of themselves off.

The second one has the side tentacles but hacked off at the tips and instead of short tentacles it has a single long solid blob in the back that's also chopped off on the end (probably more visible while actually in a match since, you know, you see your character from the back), and the first one the tentacles are just absolutely shredded.
HOLY WOOMY LET'S GO

It's weird. It doesn't seem to follow the rule of morphic resonance like every hairstyle except the Squid Beats 2 one does. . .

But at the same time it looks strange in general. Do you think they took a razor to them and chopped them to bits the way the one male tentacle style just hacked them off altogether?

*looks at closer image on ResetERA*

. . .Whoa, I might actually be right. The tips are all diced into squares! Looks like the Rule of 6 still exists after all, it's just that there's more ways to get around it than just removing the tentacles altogether.

*EDIT* I'm going to go really wild and say since they modeled a low poly shopping cart we're getting a supermarket map next as well.

Which would actually be amazing if they did that LOL.
Now, can someone help me pick up that phone? Because I called it!

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
This new band in splatoon sounds pretty damn good.
From the looks of it this seems to be Bottom Feeders? They seem to be country styled in terms of clothing but their violinist looks FRESH. And she plays even fresher, holy woomy!

I'm really curious about Ink Theory because good classical music is ace LOL.

And you know what's great about this? This blitz over the next few weeks is pretty much the halfway mark for content support in Splatoon 2. They could go crazy all over again at the end of the content support cycle for all we know.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
From the looks of it this seems to be Bottom Feeders? They seem to be country styled in terms of clothing but their violinist looks FRESH. And she plays even fresher, holy woomy!

I'm really curious about Ink Theory because good classical music is ace LOL.

And you know what's great about this? This blitz over the next few weeks is pretty much the halfway mark for content support in Splatoon 2. They could go crazy all over again at the end of the content support cycle for all we know.
I just hope octolings come out before they the end

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
New MvC:I trailer for the next DLC:

Gotta be honest... not really feeling Bucky or Widow, maybe they're more fun to play than they look.

Venom looks fantastic, kinda glad they kept his original moveset. That voice is trash though.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Awh, some of these tentacle styles left on the cutting room floor would have been cooler than what we got. One of them would have solved mario123007 mario123007 's problem, too.

Also apparently inklings can dye the tips of their tentacles by basting and boiling themselves?!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Awh, some of these tentacle styles left on the cutting room floor would have been cooler than what we got. One of them would have solved mario123007 mario123007 's problem, too.

Also apparently inklings can dye the tips of their tentacles by basting and boiling themselves?!
Why. The . ****. Arent we getting these hairstyles.I WANT DREADS! ****...:104:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

HE
I'm not getting the 5* one soon but I'm already building him up
Mfw I fed my Selena to Hector and I was looking for Threaten Spd 3 fodder
Mfw #2
Screenshot_20171121-155550~2.png

The Jumping in Xenoblade was not much, but there's one reason why it holds a special place in our hearts.

I had a hunch with the possibility of that last one and it paid off. And I have 250 Coins ready to go. Also, now it's just Hone Atk that needs to come out, as Fortify Def and Res have come out.
Double Savage Blow has big potential. 14 Free Damage to all enemies nearby is big. That's not even counting the possible Staff Upgrade for Pain. Staff users can equip Savage Blow. So if Pain+ has AoE like Fear+, that would be 24 Damage for anybody nearby and that's terrifying considering that's half-HP lost for the majority of the heroes and even 3/4 for some others.
I think I have, like, 300 coins ready to go, the only problem are badges.
Thankfully, red is the one color I actually have a bunch of(spent all my greens on Deflect Magic 3),but I don't quite have enough red badges for tier 3. Don't think it matters much though, since it's about 100 missing and I doubt I'll get the seal anytime soon.

D

Deleted member

New MvC:I trailer for the next DLC:

Gotta be honest... not really feeling Bucky or Widow, maybe they're more fun to play than they look.

Venom looks fantastic, kinda glad they kept his original moveset. That voice is trash though.
While I wouldn't call him a clone, Bucky's moveset reminds me way too much of Chris'. I'm not really excited for him, but I suppose he could be fun. The latter sentence applies to Widow as well, just with different pronouns of course. Venom's pretty hype for me, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Any Sonic fans here, would be appreciated if you could retweet this and spread awareness.

Jon Burton is from TT Games and would have worked on Sonic 3D Blast and Sonic R.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
We Guy’s Grocery Games up in Splatoon 2

Totem Lurantis is truly a *****, but I managed to ruin her with patience.

>Its speed rose sharply
Use Glare, Arbok

>It hits like a truck
Imma shift between Arbok and Mawile to stack Intimidates and whoop Keckleon with Brick Break. Solar Blade is Solar Tickle now.

>Comfey heals and raises Lurantis' Defense.
Arbok has Acid to **** you both a the same time.

>Lurantis spams Synthesis
Arbok use Wrap to do passive damage.

It took 15 minutes, but it was fun to deconstruct that freaking plant in pajamas without using my Torracat and Firium Z.

:024::024::024:PRAISE:024:SNEK:024::024::024:
****ing Lurantis spawned a Kecleon for me and it used Sunny Day. The Lurantis then proceeded to spam that physical solar beam move and destroyed everyone even my Arbok and Noibat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom