• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

>tfw everyone has USUM but I still don't
Now I understand how europeans felt last year. The difference is that I have to wait about 2 weeks and a half rather than 5 days.
Y'all suck

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
HANDS DOWN MY MOST ANTICIPATED JRPG IN 2018!!!!!!!!!!!!
Never thought this would happen... hell... who expect another Valyria Chronicles game after the disaster of Valkyria Revolution?
Loved the first game. Enjoyed the second. Wish I could play the third. It's nice to see a return to consoles and the artstyle of the first game let alone on the Switch (though I will probably get the PS4 version). Hopefully SEGA doesn't take forever localizing it, as I'm still waiting for PSO2.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I found an amazing twitter thread any comic book movie fan should take a read
There was a problem fetching the tweet
This was a real eye opener for me, not just what caused DCEU fan toxicity but also stuff like why WB's been handling the DCEU the way it's been doing and how MCU's made people aware of movie rights and stuff.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Loved the first game. Enjoyed the second. Wish I could play the third. It's nice to see a return to consoles and the artstyle of the first game let alone on the Switch (though I will probably get the PS4 version). Hopefully SEGA doesn't take forever localizing it, as I'm still waiting for PSO2.
Since I only have my Nintendo Switch, I will definitely get the Nintendo Switch version. When it come to anime style JRPGs I don't it needs the much of graphics, so playing it in handheld mode with a very minor downgrade but can play on the go is just nice.
This is very unusual since Valkyria series is a Playstation 3 debuted title and has never been on Nintendo consoles, and this is the 10 anniversary commemoration for this series. So yeah, SEGA is finally being serious on Nintendo Switch this time around.

This means I expect to see a 10 anniversary game for Xenoblade on 2020, or 20 anniversary game for it's entire Xeno series which the first Xeno game Xeno gears came out in 1998. So are we getting another Xenoblade game in 2018 or 2020?Probably not... but still cool to think about it.

Famitsu reviewed Xenoblade Chronicles 2, got a solid 35/40.

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/11/20/japan-famitsu-reviews-xenoblade-chronicles-2/

RE: Valkyria 4

Pause, Valkyria 4 on Switch? My boi, I need this system already x_x
Shout out to OJ from PlayerEssence who is an awesome Youtuber for giving out Nintendo gaming news. Who had already said that Valkyria Chronicles 4 should come to Nintendo Switch.

Same score as Sonic Forces....but Nintendo Switch port got 57 on Metacritic....
You can sort of say that while Famitsu is an awesome magazine to give out the game's info, but for the most of the time their review system are pretty strict, especially for JRPGs.

For other comparison...
Ultra Sun and Moon got 36/40, 86 on Metacritic
Persona 5 got 39/40, 93 on Metacritic
Xenoblade Chronicles got 36/40, 92 on Metacritic
Xenoblade Chronicles X got 34/40, 84 on Metacritic
Xenogears got 31/40, 84 on Metacritic

I highly doubt this will affect Xenoblade Chronicles 2's western review scores, will it surpass over the original? Probably not, but think it will be around 88-90, it will definitely higher than X.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I found an amazing twitter thread any comic book movie fan should take a read
There was a problem fetching the tweet
This was a real eye opener for me, not just what caused DCEU fan toxicity but also stuff like why WB's been handling the DCEU the way it's been doing and how MCU's made people aware of movie rights and stuff.
I just readed everything.

First of all, I completely agree with what this person said. Thank you for sharing this.

Secondly, I am the only one finding that someone called Doctor Doom mde this tweet even better? I don't know, it's just funny to me.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So my team in UM is:
Level 20 Magnemite
Level 20 Rockruff
Level 20 Ekans
Level 20 Noibat
Level 20 Mankey
Level 21 Brionne

I’m just starting the Lana trial.

Total noob here, so Ill ask the fans, whats Valkyria and whats it about?
The trailer made it look like it was weeaboo world war 2.

Chrono.

I watched Justice League last night.

It was alright. Flash and Cyborg were the highlights. I don't know how much Whedon changed at the last minute but all the comedic and random quips and one liners definitely reeked of Whedon. Steppenwolf was a meh bad guy but apparently he's just a one note lackey of Darkseid who they're building up to with these movies?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I watched Justice League last night.

It was alright. Flash and Cyborg were the highlights. I don't know how much Whedon changed at the last minute but all the comedic and random quips and one liners definitely reeked of Whedon. Steppenwolf was a meh bad guy but apparently he's just a one note lackey of Darkseid who they're building up to with these movies?
Considering Whedon's script for Wonder Woman that got leaked it's easy to see which of the scenes were from him tbh

D

Deleted member

Is VC4 going to be impossible to understand for someone who has never played or seen anything story-related to the series or is it more like FE where each game has a different setting?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Is VC4 going to be impossible to understand for someone who has never played or seen anything story-related to the series or is it more like FE where each game has a different setting?
I haven't played the series (I bought the recent PS4 remaster of the first game but have yet to play it), but a bit of research seems to indicate that at least the main games with the "Valkyria Chronicles" name in the title are all connected.

However, it seems like it would be really difficult to do a chronolgical playthrough anyway, mainly because VC3 was a Japan exclusive PSP game (it does have a fan translation patch though, apparently for use with the expanded edition of the game), and takes place during the events of the first game. The second game is also a PSP game and takes place two years after the first game, but was at least released in the West.

So basically the only games that are super accessible right now are VC1 through it's recent PS4 remaster (plus the original game was on PS3 so it shouldn't be too hard to find), and Valkyria Revolution which was recently released as well on PS4 and Vita. Valkyria Revoution is a spin-off though, in it's own universe. VC4 will be part of the same world as the other games though.

I would say you would be good to just play the original game (remastered or otherwise) if you must dip your toes in before VC4. It doesn't sound like the overall plot of the main series is too important to enjoying each individual game, and even if it is, good luck getting your hands on VC2 and especially VC3 in this day and age.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
While I am excited for this game, I only know this game shares the same time of the first, I think.
The gameplay really reminds me of Fire Emblem a bit too.

D

Deleted member

I haven't played the series (I bought the recent PS4 remaster of the first game but have yet to play it), but a bit of research seems to indicate that at least the main games with the "Valkyria Chronicles" name in the title are all connected.

However, it seems like it would be really difficult to do a chronolgical playthrough anyway, mainly because VC3 was a Japan exclusive PSP game (it does have a fan translation patch though, apparently for use with the expanded edition of the game), and takes place during the events of the first game. The second game is also a PSP game and takes place two years after the first game, but was at least released in the West.

So basically the only games that are super accessible right now are VC1 through it's recent PS4 remaster (plus the original game was on PS3 so it shouldn't be too hard to find), and Valkyria Revolution which was recently released as well on PS4 and Vita. Valkyria Revoution is a spin-off though, in it's own universe. VC4 will be part of the same world as the other games though.

I would say you would be good to just play the original game (remastered or otherwise) if you must dip your toes in before VC4. It doesn't sound like the overall plot of the main series is too important to enjoying each individual game, and even if it is, good luck getting your hands on VC2 and especially VC3 in this day and age.
Oh ok, so I'm basically ****ed because I don't have a PS3 nor a PS4(I'd probably have tried to play them already if I did).
Sega would do well to release some sort of trilogy remaster for the Switch if they want to release on it so much. Well, at least it can't be any worse than playing KH3D without any prior knowledge about KH outside of the fact swords are replaced eith giant keys and Mickey is there

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

So I can jump right into this game if I wanted too and not worry? Because if the game looks good to me, I might get it. If I have to know the story of the others, Id probably just read up on it. I dont have sony consoles

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Getting shinies in Ultra Space is way too easy, I already have Floatzel, Drapion, Altaria and 2 Hippowdown XD

If you, for some reason, have a Quick Feet Shroomish, Unaware Pyukumuku or Infiltrator Litwick, I will give you a shiny Hippowdown for it.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It’s pretty obvious they only gave Marina team fantasy so she’d actually win one.
She lead by such a wide margin that there's no way she'd get the advantages Pearl does, though. This is like Team Ice Cream where she squeaked by battle-wise despite herself, Team Fantasy just legitimately attracted good enough players to just barely lug the incompetent waifu players across the finish line.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I can jump right into this game and not worry? Because if the game looks good to me, I might get it
From what I understand, it should be fine enough to just jump in. Like, it might help to play the other games first but it's not like Kingdom Hearts where you are best to play things in release order. I must stress I haven't actually played the games yet though, just did a bit of research since I bought VC Remastered, so if someone more qualified is able to talk about it, feel free.

And if you are mostly a Nintendo exclusive gamer then you've already shot yourself in the foot for the previous games, since they're all PlayStation exclusives (hell, even big PlayStation fans could have easily missed VC2 and VC3 because of them both being on the PSP which wasn't the most popular system, and VC3 in particular was JP exclusive to boot). So unless you're willing to buy a PS4 and PSP and the games, there's no point even entertaining the notion of playing the other games at this point anyway.

So I say don't worry about the past games. If you like the look of VC4 by the time it releases on Switch, go ahead and jump into it.

If you need a game that has a similar kind of gameplay to the VC games to ease yourself into the mechanics of that kind of genre of games, I recommend Codename S.T.E.A.M, which is on the 3DS and is cheap as chips (like, less than $10 usually). And one of my personal favourite 3DS titles so I recommend it regardless. XCOM is another game that gets compared to it as well.

Sega would do well to release some sort of trilogy remaster for the Switch if they want to release on it so much.
It'd be nice but I doubt it would happen, even on PS4, mainly due to the fact that VC2 and VC3 are PSP games and it would be difficult to make them look presentable on modern hardware. Plus the engine would have been very different to the original PS3 game. The third game hasn't had an official translation yet either (and game companies seem to be against adopting fan translations).

It's not like Kingdom Hearts where both the PS2 and PSP were fairly similar to each other specs-wise and as a result, the KH games from both systems were already running on the same engine. The Final Mix versions also had the necessary English dubs from years ago too, and the DS games already had pre-rendered cutscenes using the same engine as the PS2 and PSP games, so they had the assets already made for those movie summaries for the HD collections. The Kingdom Hearts HD collections are so good mainly because of a lot of bizarre decisions made during the development of the original games that made them easier to make a unified collection out of without much extra asset creation.

I do think SEGA should at least port VC Remastered to Switch, though. It's the main game that everyone loves and I constantly hear revered as a masterpiece, so it's probably the only one worth porting to Switch at this point.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
While I am excited for this game, I only know this game shares the same time of the first, I think.
The gameplay really reminds me of Fire Emblem a bit too.
I'm sure there will be some references/characters that call back to other games in the series, but this game's story is set to be focused on the actual World War between the Federation & Empire rather than from the perspective of Gallia from the first three games; which was a 3rd Party in the conflict due to it's resources. If played right, there could be a great amount of political drama and world building which previous entries were light on.

I think any fan of the Fire Emblem series would enjoy the series as there are a lot of similar themes. For me personally, it was a great way to pass the time during the five year gap between Shadow Dragon & Awakening. There is an anime for the first game, but I wouldn't recommend it myself.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Considering Whedon's script for Wonder Woman that got leaked it's easy to see which of the scenes were from him tbh
I mean Whedon is a bit of a one trick pony. So even you've seen any of his works it's pretty easy to tell which stuff is his anyway.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I mean Whedon is a bit of a one trick pony. So even you've seen any of his works it's pretty easy to tell which stuff is his anyway.
The Wonder Woman script sexualized the hell out of Wondy which gives me reason to believe the more sexualized version of Wondy JL was his idea. Pretty disrespectful to the only good DCEU movie too imo

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I remembered that a new season of South Park had started a little while ago and started watching it and that second episode is one of my new favourite South Park episodes.

Tweek and Craig are blessed.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Wonder Woman script sexualized the hell out of Wondy which gives me reason to believe the more sexualized version of Wondy JL was his idea. Pretty disrespectful to the only good DCEU movie too imo
Can we have some examples for those who haven't seen the scripts?

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
20171120_123539-1.jpg

Grass trial's done. Out of all the trial's on Akala this one definitely was the least changed. Totem Lurantis is still there, and it still uses the sun. Only difference is that Kecleon brings the sun instead of Castform.

In other news, Snorlax is really growing on me. Too bad I won't be using it for the whole game, because I kinda want to.

:143:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Hi everyone I'm crazya02! I don't like anime and I'm really excited to tell you all about it

Ivander

Smash Legend
Oh hi Jeann......I mean Fjorm. We need a FE character drawn by Riyo at some point.

That being said, for F/GO, besides the Thanksgiving 5* Guaranteed Servant "Paid Quartz only" Banner and the Scathach Banner coming out for NA next week, the next Epic of Remnant, "Salem", is supposedly coming out around November 28th for Japan.
Besides it being an obvious reference to the Town of Salem and it's Witch Hunts, by what I've been hearing, there have also been hints related to Lovecraft and his work. Considering we got Shakespeare and Hans Anderson, it'd be interesting to see H.P. Lovecraft as a Servant. Although Servant Jules Verne when?

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Yay! The cartridge for my SNES Classic Edition finally came in the mail today. And the person was nice enough to send an apology for the delay.

Now to find a way how to stick the cartridge on top of the SNES Classic.

D

Deleted member

I'm now reminded of the time my teacher asked what we are prejudiced against and, after some silence as always(no one ever answers his questions right away), a girl said she was prejudiced against anime. She said she doesn't have a problem with people who watch anime(aka weebs) but that she doesn't think they are nice people.
I was trying to contain my laughter during this entire time

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Are there any Europeans here who would like a free copy of Freedom Planet for Wii U?

I've had some codes from a Nindie Humble Bundle for a while but I never redeemed most of them. Redeemed them now, but Freedom Planet Wii U is one of them and I already have it on Wii U, Steam, and as a DRM-free game on a USB (part of the Collector's Edition).

I also have Shantae and the Pirate's Curse for 3DS to get rid of (the Humble Bundle came with both a Wii U and 3DS code but I just wanted the Wii U one), but I might see if my brother wants that one first.

I also have a European code for Sonic Mania on PS4. Not sure if I can find anyone IRL who will take it at this point so I might get rid of that one too.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm now reminded of the time my teacher asked what we are prejudiced against and, after some silence as always(no one ever answers his questions right away), a girl said she was prejudiced against anime. She said she doesn't have a problem with people who watch anime(aka weebs) but that she doesn't think they are nice people.
I was trying to contain my laughter during this entire time
They... They made me watch an anime called Jojo and threw empty boxes of ramen when I said I didn't agree with their ship. I was eating Pockey, and one thought I was flirting with them. And then, one criticized me for reading a book left to right instead of right to left. And one even outright told me I was a waste of space because I didn't like their anime!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
They... They made me watch an anime called Jojo and threw empty boxes of ramen when I said I didn't agree with their ship. I was eating Pockey, and one thought I was flirting with them. And then, one criticized me for reading a book left to right instead of right to left. And one even outright told me I was a waste of space because I didn't like their anime!
We all know this is a bull**** story because a weeb of that caliber wouldn't dare have a filthy 3D girl in the presence of their love pillows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom