• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So interestingly, USUM gives us the first in-game example of a Pokémon capable of understanding and speaking English...to a degree. This doesn't include things like telepathy or mimicry (like Chatot or the Rocket Hideout Murkrow), of course.
So. . .rotom dex doesnt count either?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So. . .rotom dex doesnt count either?
I didn't include the Rotom Dex due to it needing outside help (in this case, it's the Dex itself that allows it to speak).

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I didn't include the Rotom Dex due to it needing outside help (in this case, it's the Dex itself that allows it to speak).
Its still Rotom speaking. You could give a dog a voice modulator, and I highly doubt it would converse as intelligently. That's one thing I like about Rotom Dex- its a lot smarter than what you see on paper.

Of course, one could argue that all Pokémon with a VM could communicate just as efficiently. In which case, eh, we'll agree to disagree. :202:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Its still Rotom speaking. You could give a dog a voice modulator, and I highly doubt it would converse as intelligently.

I've been having a lot of fun with Yuka Laylee. Too bad it had launch problems and got mediocre reviews. I got it after they patched the issues and it plays great, 7/10. I'm on the space world and it's really cool.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Welp...
Looks like I’m right. Guess the Namekians are gonna lose in episode 118 and Universe 6 gets erased.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I sure hope that new Pokebank update will be coming out soon (hopefully by the end of this week), if that "late November" release is any indication.

I need to give a Dawn Stone to my Kirlia for my story team so that I can evolve it sooner rather than later (the only Dawn Stone you get in USUM, aside from Poke Pelago, is during the very-late game apparently), and I also need a Dusk Stone ready for when my Litwick evolves into Lampent so that I can get a Chandelure soon.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Man first try against Hala and I nearly beat him. Second and third try his Machop took out 4 of my pokemon before fainting.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Who is going to last longer

Universe 6 or Ribrianne?
Universe 6. They still need an episode where they focus on Gohan and Piccolo and the U6 namekains*, and I think episode 119 will be the perfect time to do so because...

A member of universe 7 gets eliminated in that episode. If 18 doesn't get eliminated earlier in her fight against Universe 2, then Piccolo sacrificing himself to make sure Gohan stays in the game would make sense; especially since he's already used quite a bit of stamina in order to heal his arms.

Edit: added important detail*

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Sonic Forces me to buy Puyo Puyo Tetris because they were all out of stock of individual copies of both games.

If I didn't have Puyo Puyo Tetris and was a North America release (yes, I'm aware of region free) I'd get this.

Puyo Puyo Tetris is one of my favorite titles on the Switch (and reminding me that Nintendo still hasn't made a Dr. Mario game for the Switch...)

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Universe 6. They still need an episode where they focus on Gohan and Piccolo and the U6 namekains*, and I think episode 119 will be the perfect time to do so because...

A member of universe 7 gets eliminated in that episode. If 18 doesn't get eliminated earlier in her fight against Universe 2, then Piccolo sacrificing himself to make sure Gohan stays in the game would make sense; especially since he's already used quite a bit of stamina in order to heal his arms.

Edit: added important detail*
but a universe is getting erased in 118 so unless 17 and 18 take out nearly everyone in 117 and the rest gets taken out in 118, then the universe 6 namekians are getting knocked out in 118.

Though Ribrianne could get knocked out in 117 still.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I tried a bottle of Salted Caramel Pepsi cola today.

Actually not too bad and tastes just as advertised. But I can see others not liking it (like my mom).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I tried a bottle of Salted Caramel Pepsi cola today.

Actually not too bad and tastes just as advertised. But I can see others not liking it (like my mom).
I thought it was gross

Japan gets all the good flavors

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Looks like I should slow down myself from buying stuff I want. Mom has trouble find me Christmas gifts to the point I need to give her ideas.

I guess I can ask her to get the upcoming Splatoon vol. 1 manga for starters.

EDIT: And maybe Metroid: Samus Returns.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Just went to Walmart. I used to work there.

Hardly anyone there I recognized. Turns out, a lot of the people I did recognize also quit Walmart, but eventually came back. Interesting

It's kind of good I quit in a way I can't get rehired. Cold Turkey/ right there on the spot. No 2 week notice. If I had become desperate for a job and came back I would have been miserable.

Also the store looks like garbage and their shelves were empty.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If any of you have any affection for The Simpsons and have a spare half hour, you owe it to yourself to watch this. It's been a while since I've seen such a fantastic video thesis. This guys content in general is fantastic, most of his other videos are a similar kind of thing but with anime.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I like how Hau has his starter first. That's like how most irl people do it

A lot of in game trainers use their signature pokemon last, like how you'd expect from an NPC

Edit

If any of you have any affection for The Simpsons and have a spare half hour, you owe it to yourself to watch this. It's been a while since I've seen such a fantastic video thesis. This guys content in general is fantastic, most of his other videos are a similar kind of thing but with anime.

I remember in the 80's (Or the exact year 1990) I walked into a toy store and the ENTIRE section was The Simposons. This whole part of the toy store with nothing but Simposons toys.

I wanted to get a Bartman figure

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
An update for Pokémon Bank/Transporter has just launched adding support for Ultra Sun, Ultra Moon, Gold, and Silver.

Just letting y'all know.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh man, I love using Squirtle in USUM

Aura Sphere and Dragon Pulse ko'ing everything

Aura Sphere was always one of my favorite moves and it's on my favorite pokemon (Since last gen)

Egg moves kind of break early game...LOL

Totem stood no chance. Hau's noibat is utterly useless

Also, I'm using a drifloon. Hau's Eevee couldn't touch it at all. It was hilarious.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
An update for Pokémon Bank/Transporter has just launched adding support for Ultra Sun, Ultra Moon, Gold, and Silver.

Just letting y'all know.

And just when I thought my UltraSun adventure would be put on a standstill for the time being because I couldn't connect with my copy of Sun to evolve my Kirlia to Gallade and eventually my Lampent to Chandelure later on, both for my story team, this news made my night! Glad the new update came out sooner than expected!

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I like how Hau has his starter first. That's like how most irl people do it

A lot of in game trainers use their signature pokemon last, like how you'd expect from an NPC

Edit

I remember in the 80's (Or the exact year 1990) I walked into a toy store and the ENTIRE section was The Simposons. This whole part of the toy store with nothing but Simposons toys.

I wanted to get a Bartman figure
I always save my starter for last.

My Brionne is like Goku. It only shows up to fight after the rest of my team has been thrashed.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I was wondering when I was going to find one of these rare encounters for the first time in the Arena.
Meanwhile, Lucina seems to avoid me except when she's a Tempest Reward. I won't get you for a while Lucina Emblem, but I still have a chance at Fire Lynblem.

Also, Fate/Grand Order is about to get the Scathach Banner, as well as Diarmiud and Fergus. As well as a Thanksgiving Banner that gives a random, but Guaranteed 5* Servant from one of nine 5* Servants.......................but only if you use "Paid" Saint Quartz. :glare:

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I always save my starter for last.

My Brionne is like Goku. It only shows up to fight after the rest of my team has been thrashed.
I have like Trunks point of view, where it's like "Why is he starting out in base form, just turn super saiyan and finish them off"

Ya know, before the villain inevitably destroys earth and everyone in it. Goku will beat the villain and wish everyone back with the dragon balls. But, it didn't need to happen like that

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
upload_2017-11-19_21-55-2.png

I've-a got some games!
I bought Ultra Moon today with a friend. He bought Ultra Sun.
I bought TotA and ToCS last week, I can't wait to play them!
I'll be bringing these home with me when Thanksgiving break begins.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I really hate how there is a cowboy town in USUM but I can't dress up my girl like a cowboy

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
View attachment 133983
I've-a got some games!
I bought Ultra Moon today with a friend. He bought Ultra Sun.
I bought TotA and ToCS last week, I can't wait to play them!
I'll be bringing these home with me when Thanksgiving break begins.
Tales of the Abyss is great. Just very long.

New game announced for Switch.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Tales of the Abyss is great. Just very long.

New game announced for Switch.
The only thing I know about Valkyria Chronicles is from a Retsupurae video where Mageknight404 compared Bianca and Cheren from Pokemon White to some characters in it as some kind of failed joke

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Thinking od which dragon ball character certain people here would be makes me think that I’m the one people would say is closest to Vegeta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom