• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizen

Smash Legend
To be fair, he's right. Certain ones are, like Grimer.

Though the issue is that it isn't so much a theory as it is explicitly stated in the Poké Dex.
What's happening to Grimers, Ghost Busters?
It's about damn time.

Jack-Jack's probably gonna be the focus.

Jack-Jack looks OP.

The Wii was my favorite Nintendo generation. They made some smart business choices like releasing Wii Sports with the console to ease people into motion controls (MC). Then Twilight Princess showed MC could go into a hard core game just fine and the wii could support beautiful lighting and graphics despite not being HD. Then Skyward Sword had great motion sword controls. We got some of the best first party games like Mario Galaxies, LoZ SS &TP, Metroid Prime Trilogy with wiimote aiming, DK Country Returns to bring back the old fashion DK style and others. Mario RPGs still had good stories and creative characters. As many balance problems as Brawl had, I really liked the Subspace game. Too bad SSB4 abandoned it.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What's happening to Grimers, Ghost Busters?

Jack-Jack looks OP.

The Wii was my favorite Nintendo generation. They made some smart business choices like releasing Wii Sports with the console to ease people into motion controls (MC). Then Twilight Princess showed MC could go into a hard core game just fine and the wii could support beautiful lighting and graphics despite not being HD. Then Skyward Sword had great motion sword controls. We got some of the best first party games like Mario Galaxies, LoZ SS &TP, Metroid Prime Trilogy with wiimote aiming, DK Country Returns to bring back the old fashion DK style and others. Mario RPGs still had good stories and creative characters. As many balance problems as Brawl had, I really liked the Subspace game. Too bad SSB4 abandoned it.
The Poké Dex mentions that because anti-pollution measures have gotten better over the years, Grimer are starving to death and going extinct.

Well, the non-Alola ones anyway. The Alola ones are thriving due to being introduced to keep the Trubbish population down.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Did I just see someone say that Smash fans aren't real Nintendo fans?

I'm pretty sure the whole point of the series is one big celebration of Nintendo as a whole. Not everyone can play every Nintendo game in the world to be considered a "true fan".

And may I remind you that children play those games too? People don't share the same generation either.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I realized something I don't like about RWBY Vol5. Blake's story. The season's been building up to a reunion of all 4 members, and Blake's having none of that because her current arc is taking place in Not Africa and isn't showing any signs of speeding up to reunite with the rest

I realized something I don't like about RWBY Vol5. Blake's story. The season's been building up to a reunion of all 4 members, and Blake's having none of that because her current arc is taking place in Not Africa and isn't showing any signs of speeding up to reunite with the rest
Im guessing this is in reference to the new episode? I cant watch it because I dont have FIRST

They will probably all reunite at the raid on Haven, because there is no way Blake is going to run away from that. The whole point is that she isnt turning back anymore blah blah blah so she has to show up to Haven if they want any basic logic for her cahracter

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Im guessing this is in reference to the new episode? I cant watch it because I dont have FIRST

They will probably all reunite at the raid on Haven, because there is no way Blake is going to run away from that. The whole point is that she isnt turning back anymore blah blah blah so she has to show up to Haven if they want any basic logic for her cahracter
I don't have First either but I'm talking in general for the volume, especially with Weiss' arc to compare it to

I don't have First either but I'm talking in general for the volume, especially with Weiss' arc to compare it to
Ruby's arc: be the main character so happen to be around Haven because that is where the plot is going and Qrow and Ozpin are central to the plot so follow them. No desire to seek out the other 3

Weiss's arc: I need to GTFO from the schnee dust company, and I miss my friends

Yang: I'm not broken anymore. . .hey where the **** is my sister? Imma go help her

Blake: I abandoned my friends. Im going to retake the White Fang to not be awful, and protect Haven because it will make the Faunus get better standing and because abandoning humans is bad.

I mean I get it, but I dont think it necessarily makes Blake's arc bad. Just that it's different. Everyone's goal being "let's meet up" would be kind of boring anyway.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Discord's Main Theme right now:

It's Not!Australia and the show's made note of the fact that there's a time gap between Blake and everyone else.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
So going by that theme here, the next person for Persona would be Kanji, then I think... Naoto, Rise and Teddy? I think thats the order they got their personas?
Actually, it would be Kanji, Rise, Teddie, and then Naoto. That's the order they got their personas in.
Rise and Teddie got theirs at about the same time, but Rise technically got hers first.

Naoto was the last person to join the Investigation Team.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Actually, it would be Kanji, Rise, Teddie, and then Naoto. That's the order they got their personas in.
Rise and Teddie got theirs at about the same time, but Rise technically got hers first.

Naoto was the last person to join the Investigation Team.
Ooh oops, I thought Teddie was the last one, I forgot Naoto was the last

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I wonder if John Ratzenberger is going to voice the Underminer again in The Incredibles 2 or someone else (reminder that Ratzenberger has had a role in every single Pixar film).

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Did my free pull from the TT banner...there were no green or colorless stones, and I already have Brave Lucina and Brave Roy. So I pulled on blue to maybe get a Lucina merge.

...Four star Mae! +Res -HP

I'm very happy. I've been holding onto this five star Odin from the Blade Tome banner to give her Blárblade for too long. :p
Plus she was the last Shadows of Valentia unit I needed that was available at four stars. Now I just need Alm, Celica, Saber, Delthea, and Faye. Well, and Camus since I missed his GHB the first time (RIP me).

Ivander

Smash Legend
Screenshot_20171118-174032.png

Hmmmmmm, I believe this is missing something.
FEHeroes 2 Edit.png

Ah, there we go. There's a good Horse Emblem family. And yes, I'm aware Sue is Rath's daughter. She's still Sacae like Lyn though. Like Father, like Son? Also, I'm aware Eliwood's the only 4-Star. I am going to make him 5-star though once I get enough Feathers.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Every time I go on r/FireEmblemHeroes, there is always some Sonic related post.

Like this one.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Did anyone see the new Minecraft update. It's huge

Edit: announcement

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It's about damn time.

Jack-Jack's probably gonna be the focus.

FINALLY

Judging from Mr. Incredible's line there, it seems like the movie is picking up right where the first one left off. Well, the start of it will be, anyway....chances are there's going to be a time-skip after the beginning of the movie.

Did anyone see the new Minecraft update. It's huge

Edit: announcement
I looked it up just now, and I have to say what I just said about the Incredibles 2 trailer above: FINALLY

I've been wanting them to do more with the dark and dull oceans in the overworld for a long time now. I think I can look forward to this update.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
. . .I legitimately forgot there was a Splatfest today until I booted the game up to try to figure out a daily drawing, whoops.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I jumped into Team Fantasy on a borderline coin flip and immediately regret this decision. This is clearly one of THOSE Splatfests, and I picked the wrong side.

. . .I love both these sides too much to be invested in a winner and I was getting too into farming. I don't think I'll go all the way on this one.

D

Deleted member

So your saying I should just jump in watch and play everything at once? jk

Thanks for the help, but I just want to be sure, there is way for me to go through this series without being spoiled about another aspect of the series, right?

Cause I don't want to go through one part series only to have a major plot point or twist of a another part of the series ruined for me.
It's basically like Star Wars: watch cronologically but it's a prequel so they assume you watched the originals; start with the original and you can tell who dies and who lives within 2 seconds when you start the prequels.

I still say Zero is a better starting point because Ufotable made that before UBW so they assume you did watch Zero so what would be considered heavy plot twists in the original, that end up being revealed in Zero due to how the story is structured, are considerably downplayed.
I still haven't watched the latest one(I'm following it through the Youtube channel) bu I bet it's gonna be RWY, JNR, a drunk crow and a kid with a personality disorder going around progressing the plot while Blake deals with "yet another ****ing new villain and this one isn't as entertaining as anyone else seriously she even took Adam's obligatory fight shot with Blake in the OP what the hell who even cares about this *****" and nothing really matters because this whole arc is something that should have been done in Vol.4 instead of when the plot actually seems to be going somewhere.
Here we see Niles and Ninas relationship if Nina wasnt such a mega ***** to her dad
To be fair, he did put her in a "child soldier" microwave so she has every right to be a ***** with him
View attachment 133942
Hmmmmmm, I believe this is missing something.
View attachment 133943
Ah, there we go. There's a good Horse Emblem family. And yes, I'm aware Sue is Rath's daughter. She's still Sacae like Lyn though. Like Father, like Son? Also, I'm aware Eliwood's the only 4-Star. I am going to make him 5-star though once I get enough Feathers.
I actually thought Fir was Lyn's daughter when I first played FE6. Good god, I couldn't have gotten that any more wrong.

Also
>EliwoodXLyn
I can't decide on whether to comment on your ****ty shipping taste because EliwoodXNinian and HectorXLyn are obviously superior or make a joke about how Hector got cucked by his best friend
Every time I go on r/FireEmblemHeroes, there is always some Sonic related post.

Like this one.

I can't ****ing believe Sonic got relegated to Benchwarmer

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Linking just in case, but this is why Alola Photo Club shouldn't have been a thing. Gotta love the Internet. :p

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I bet if people knew it was an ocean update they would have voted for the ocean mob

But the flying mob won

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just got back from Justice League. The short version is that I had a lot of fun watching it, and I don't get why critics are so divided by it. The main complaints that I've seen (the CGI on things like Steppenwolf or Henry Cavill's mustache, the plot) didn't seem like problems to me, and I felt like all of the new characters were handled well. (even Steppenwolf, despite only being a few steps up from a generic superhero movie villain, had a solid motivation for why he was doing what he was doing)

Henry Cavill honestly felt like Superman (I don't think it's a spoiler to say that he comes back), the movie tied up themes that had been spread throughout Man of Steel and Batman v Superman, and while there weren't any original music compositions that stood out like the music in Man of Steel or Wonder Woman, they threw in some classic themes that put a huge grin on my face.

Also, there are mid- and post-credits scenes this time around, and both of them are great.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Daisy please.
Uhhh. Rayman?

I feel there are far better characters to choose from than Daisy. Wario. Waluigi. Toad. Rosalina.

If it's just one character I'd say it has to be Rayman. If it's a character and a Rabbid character than maybe one of those.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I actually thought Fir was Lyn's daughter when I first played FE6. Good god, I couldn't have gotten that any more wrong.
It's the ponytail. And the fact that Karel and Karla are also Sacaean.
Also
>EliwoodXLyn
I can't decide on whether to comment on your ****ty shipping taste because EliwoodXNinian and HectorXLyn are obviously superior or make a joke about how Hector got cucked by his best friend
Horse Emblem is obviously superior over any shipping. And nothing says superior than 2 Heavy-Blade Ginger Knight Lords with their Bow-wielding Green-haired Sacaean Warrior Ladies.
Although I digress as MarkXLyn is canon and that EliwoodXFiora Roy and HectorXFlorina Lilina is the true superior pairing. But it's just me goofing and going with the Theme idea of Eliwood, Brave Lyn, Brave Roy and Sue as one big Horse Emblem Family. And the fact that Fire Emblem Heroes needs less Seasonal-only Unit-types.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I am watching The Room for Movie Night currently.

I have never experienced true Hell until now.
If you think that's bad, wait until you see Birdemic!

...Also, I seriously don't know why I've seen the Room at least four times. It helped that, when I was at university, the nights where they showed it were ridiculous. Plastic spoons were being thrown everywhere, people in tuxedos were tossing footballs back and forth... good times!

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
We lost another one...

Malcom Young of AC/DC passed away...RIP!:(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom