• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If you think that's bad, wait until you see Birdemic!

...Also, I seriously don't know why I've seen the Room at least four times. It helped that, when I was at university, the nights where they showed it were ridiculous. Plastic spoons were being thrown everywhere, people in tuxedos were tossing footballs back and forth... good times!
And the best part, "You're tearing apart, Lisa!"

And speaking of which, some want us to watch Birdemic soon. Yay!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Ooh, bad movies? I do love ripping those to shreds.

Birdemic might have the worst "special effects" any movie has ever witnessed. The thought of anyone who worked on the picture thinking the effects were even remotely okay is mind-boggling to me, yet it saw a release as it was, so.....at the very least the director probably thought it was fine, for some reason....

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Birdemic and its sequel are some of my favorite movies to show friends.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
The worst movie I've ever seen is Fateful Findings by Neil Breen. It does everything hilariously wrong, especially the acting. Whoever played Amy was just unintentionally funny and when I saw it I couldn't stop laughing.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
For some reason, I notice by only looking at Rex crying and Nia giggling sketch art made me laugh...
IMG_20171119_002437.jpg

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Birdemic and its sequel are some of my favorite movies to show friends.
I kind of want to know how some of your friends have reacted upon seeing them now. :p

The worst movie I've ever seen is Fateful Findings by Neil Breen. It does everything hilariously wrong, especially the acting. Whoever played Amy was just unintentionally funny and when I saw it I couldn't stop laughing.
You've got me curious now. I might have to look that one up....

Question, how many sequels did Sharknado get by now?

Boy those movies were baaaaaaaaad.
5 and counting.

The latest film ended on a cliffhanger, too.

Of course the movies are terrible, but everyone including the people behind them are fully aware of it and embrace that. They're supposed to be bad and entertaining for that very reason. Oh, and absurd, too. Each movie so far has managed to find numerous ways to be more ridiculous and over the top than the last.

D

Deleted member

The Room...is something. It's an enjoyable movie, but for all the wrong reasons.

Swamp was also the same guy that showed me and a few other former smashboarders Cool Cat Saves The Kids.

Now THAT was a wonderful experience.
DER HE IS

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I got shiny poipole today! But it's jolly. Going to try and make it a strong physically attacker based around fell stinger.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Omg my 13 hour nightmare work day is over

What's 13 hours at $11/hr accounting for taxes?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I got shiny poipole today! But it's jolly. Going to try and make it a strong physically attacker based around fell stinger.
I'm just going to go for nature because his normal color is better

Edit: I just watched the announcement video for the minecraft update that happened at Minecon

It was cringy af

Edit:

UNDERWATER PLANTS!!!

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
DBS coming through with one of the best Kamehamehas in DB history:

Kefla unleashed the power of Touhou and Christmas, but my boy Goku styled all over her face anyway.

****ing 10/10

Linking just in case, but this is why Alola Photo Club shouldn't have been a thing. Gotta love the Internet. :p

Buenos días Primarina.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
GF being a true bro:
The sidequest becomes available after finishing the second Grand Trial

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
GF being a true bro:
I've actually got a whole box full of Japanese, perfect IV Dittos of each nature

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
20171119_043515-1.jpg

Water trial's done. Honestly, that trial became MUCH harder. Somehow, Totem Araquanid's a bigger threat than Totem Wishiwashi was. And I can't believe how much help Munchlax was during that fight.

:094:

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My team is just Wartortle, Dartrix, and Alolan Grimer

Until I get to the next Island when I can get a mareep

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
GF being a true bro:
haha nope after clearing mallows trial

my team currently is Incineroar, hawlucha, milotic, and amphros(the milotic was a feebas i got in moon in a beast ball because it was the only way to justify using it)
View attachment 133965
Water trial's done. Honestly, that trial became MUCH harder. Somehow, Totem Araquanid's a bigger threat than Totem Wishiwashi was. And I can't believe how much help Munchlax was during that fight.

:094:
the reason totem araquanid was so much stronger was because it has water bubble and its in the rain meaning its water moves are super boosted

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
I forgot how quickly you can blaze through Akala's trials. I already got past the Fire trial too.

20171119_070358-1.jpg

Totem Salazzle got replaced by Totem Alolan Marowak, which I find kinda weird since you can get that Totem Salazzle with the stickers. Salazzle still shows up during that fight as the Totem's allies though. And yes, that Marowak has a Thick Club. Be very wary of that.

If I knew that the Island Scan could give me a Wartortle that early when I was still on Melemele I probably would have gave in and got one.

:008:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Who is going to last longer

Universe 6 or Ribrianne?
I honestly hope that Universe 6 lasts longer. Ribrianne's joke was funny at first, but it's gotten old fast, and it's literally all there is to her character.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
What are the changes fro normal to Ultra Sun/Moon?
lets see theres a bunch of new side quests and events,
new areas and characters
a surfing mini game that lets you get BP
remixed trials post island 1
trainers have better teams and are less prone to be stupid(seriously **** that guy with the porygon...recover spamming **** stain)
the token more old pokemon bullet point
new pokemon and formes
story that has very obvious changes
totem stickers replacing the zygard side quest and at an earlier point
a much cooler post game

i can continue but suffice to say more than any prior third game(note black and white 2 dont count because they are sequles)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The Poké Dex mentions that because anti-pollution measures have gotten better over the years, Grimer are starving to death and going extinct.

Well, the non-Alola ones anyway. The Alola ones are thriving due to being introduced to keep the Trubbish population down.
The BRoom isn't going to like this... :mad088:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
What are the changes fro normal to Ultra Sun/Moon?
Klefki blows.

That's pretty much it. :troll:

But more seriously, there's a lot of differences, both mechanically and story-wise. Its more of a glorified third version then, say, Platinum or Emerald were. New Pokémon as well, which is a first.

And Klefki blo-- oh wait I already said that.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Klefki blows.

That's pretty much it. :troll:

But more seriously, there's a lot of differences, both mechanically and story-wise. Its more of a glorified third version then, say, Platinum or Emerald were. New Pokémon as well, which is a first.

And Klefki blo-- oh wait I already said that.
That reminds me, Bisharp can't benefit from Defog if Klefki uses it because Dark types have a Prankster immunity

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Since I missed bad movies talk..

Let me just say.

Soul Survivors is god awful and makes no sense.

You think you've seen bad horror movies.

You are lying to yourself.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
That reminds me, Bisharp can't benefit from Defog if Klefki uses it because Dark types have a Prankster immunity
That's one of the big reasons why I love that they gave Klefki Defog. Its a priority trap removal that Bisharp can't boost on. This, in my opinion, makes Klefki the best defogger in the game.

With Defog added to so many Pokémon, Bisharp's usage may rise as well, so it really works out well for it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That's one of the big reasons why I love that they gave Klefki Defog. Its a priority trap removal that Bisharp can't boost on. This, in my opinion, makes Klefki the best defogger in the game.

With Defog added to so many Pokémon, Bisharp's usage may rise as well, so it really works out well for it.
I've loved Klefki ever since he was leaked during the XY prerelease era, back when so many were bashing it for its design.

To have Klefki remain a viable meta game threat that continues to get fun new tools pleases me immensely.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I've loved Klefki ever since he was leaked during the XY prerelease era, back when so many were bashing it for its design.

To have Klefki remain a viable meta game threat that continues to get fun new tools pleases me immensely.
The amount of hate it got back then gets more and more ironic. Lol

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So interestingly, USUM gives us the first in-game example of a Pokémon capable of understanding and speaking English...to a degree. This doesn't include things like telepathy or mimicry (like Chatot or the Rocket Hideout Murkrow), of course.

In the Observatory, there's a Magnemite that, when interacted with, says a series of boops and beeps. Mr. Krabs' radio references aside, it turns out it's actually speaking in Morse Code, and saying "Alola!"

And yet Alakazam can't figure out human speech despite having an IQ of 5000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom