• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Thinking od which dragon ball character certain people here would be makes me think that I’m the one people would say is closest to Vegeta.
We used to do this thing where we wrote which users were closest to which character

We should try that again with Dragon Ball characters.

I'm not sure I know all the users here now as much as the old days though

Edit: That is dorkier typing where people can see it than it sounded in my head

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Oh hey, in Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon, Eternal Flower Floette has unique Pokédex entries from a normal Floette.

Does this mean we'll finally get one?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh hey, in Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon, Eternal Flower Floette has unique Pokédex entries from a normal Floette.

I would have hacked one by now if I knew it was possible

Maybe I should try

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
We used to do this thing where we wrote which users were closest to which character

We should try that again with Dragon Ball characters.

I'm not sure I know all the users here now as much as the old days though

Edit: That is dorkier typing where people can see it than it sounded in my head
Who cares if it’s dorky, we’re on a smash bros forum.

That aside I’m definitely Vegeta and Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo is probably closest to Bulma. lol

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
If any of you have any affection for The Simpsons and have a spare half hour, you owe it to yourself to watch this. It's been a while since I've seen such a fantastic video thesis. This guys content in general is fantastic, most of his other videos are a similar kind of thing but with anime.

Late to respond, but I remember watching this video a long time ago and I loved watching it. TBH it was the reason why I decided to try classic Simpsons in the first place, and I LOVE the old seasons so far. I also compared them to some of the modern episodes, and I think he's right...the modern episodes lack the charm and excellent writing that old episodes have. There are still some great modern episodes ("Barthood" from season 27 was pretty darn good, in particular) but even still too many of the modern episodes end up looking weak compared to the originals.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I would have hacked one by now if I knew it was possible

Maybe I should try
Eternal Flower Floette exists in all Gen 6 & 7 games. It has a signature move called Light of Ruin, which is also the strongest Fairy type move.

Why we have never gotten one officially still baffles me.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Eternal Flower Floette exists in all Gen 6 & 7 games. It has a signature move called Light of Ruin, which is also the strongest Fairy type move.

Why we have never gotten one officially still baffles me.
Is it Floette using a form modifier? I need to figure this out!

Edit:

The flower it's holding can no longer be found blooming anywhere. It's also thought to contain terrifying power.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Valkyria on Switch is hype! Never beat the first game but what I played was really good. Not to mention beutiful. Would love to play a new game too.
HANDS DOWN MY MOST ANTICIPATED JRPG IN 2018!!!!!!!!!!!!
Never thought this would happen... hell... who expect another Valyria Chronicles game after the disaster of Valkyria Revolution?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Also,
Oh nice, I've been looking forward to this. Gotta make space for it though. Hope its a good game. Not really a huge fan of the AC series, but I want to try something new... Versus what I play now, anyways.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Is this the first Valkyria game on a Nintendo system?
That's why I was mindblown and excited. Valkyria Chronicles was a PS3 title and the series has never been on a Nintendo system.
I always feel that Vakyria series is kind of like SEGA's Fire Emblem... I mean hell... Valkyria Chronicles III was even a Japan only PSP game...
I also notice that they go with the Arabic number 4 instead of Roman number IV this time around. Same with Xenoblade as Xenoblade Chronicles 2.
And no it's not a coincidence that I like the two JRPG with the word "Chronicles" in it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Is this the first Valkyria game on a Nintendo system?
Yeah. VC1 was initially PS3-exclusive (oddly back during a time when most planned third party PS3 exclusives were getting 360 ports left and right, but I digress) and later ported to PC and PS4, VC2 and 3 were on PSP, and Azure Revolution was the first to be multiplatform from the get-go, appearing on PS4, Vita, and Xbone. As far as Nintendo is concerned, Valkyria characters have only previously appeared in the Project X Zone games, at least to my knowledge.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lucky Luis

Smash Rookie
NNID
Onyx_4
I'm very confused as to how this all works. Does anyone even use Smashboards anymore? The latest posts i have seen are from a year ago.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I always feel that Vakyria series is kind of like SEGA's Fire Emblem... I mean hell... Valkyria Chronicles III was even a Japan only PSP game...
The title of Sega's Fire Emblem will always belong to Shining Force, no matter how much Sega has neglected the series and how much America got messed over for missing Shining Force III Part 2 and 3.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm very confused as to how this all works. Does anyone even use Smashboards anymore? The latest posts i have seen are from a year ago.
Sir, I believe you need to check your eyes.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The title of Sega's Fire Emblem will always belong to Shining Force, no matter how much Sega has neglected the series and how much America got messed over for missing Shining Force III Part 2 and 3.
And how they turn the Shining strategy series into a very anime-like RPG...not too good imo...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
These Dewpider's are kicking my ass. And they just keep summoning more!

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Street Fighter V is getting some wacky stuff!

Ivander

Smash Legend
And how they turn the Shining strategy series into a very anime-like RPG...not too good imo...
It actually started as a Dungeon Crawler with the title "Shining in the Darkness" before the Shining Force titles happened. Also, I wouldn't say all of the Anime-like Shining games are bad(and once again, anime-like style isn't a bad thing). At least, I heard Shining Blade(Not Blade Arcus, BA is a different game) was pretty good and that the game's gameplay had similar gameplay to Valkyria Chronicles. I would've liked to have tried it had it come out in English, but the Shining team seems to be very finicky with releasing it's games overseas lately. Although for some reason, Blade Arcus from Shining managed to get released overseas.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It actually started as a Dungeon Crawler with the title "Shining in the Darkness" before the Shining Force titles happened. Also, I wouldn't say all of the Anime-like Shining games are bad(and once again, anime-like style isn't a bad thing). At least, I heard Shining Blade(Not Blade Arcus, BA is a different game) was pretty good and that the game's gameplay had similar gameplay to Valkyria Chronicles. I would've liked to have tried it had it come out in English, but the Shining team seems to be very finicky with releasing it's games overseas lately. Although for some reason, Blade Arcus from Shining managed to get released overseas.
It's probably more that the series is most known for the Strategy RPG stuff than the other genres it also has. It's not too surprising that more known about 1 and 2 compared to the rest of the series, either. It's a bit all over the place, although the rpg elements generally stay similar among the games I've played. Multiple items to equip, many re-used classes(which count as characters), many of the same enemies, many of the stats don't change much, items to specifically level up certain stats, the spells...

I'm trying to think of every genre it's had so far. Dungeon Crawler, Strategy RPG, Action RPG. What else? Last game I played was Neo, although I own its sequel, and I do have some of the other older GameGear/Genesis games via cartridges/discs/VC.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Tales of the Abyss is very long.
I'm pretty sure that's just the Tales series in general.
I still remember getting the achievement for completing Chapter 1 of Xillia when I was about 27 hours in.
I think there are like, 6 or 7 chapters in that game.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I like how good the ultra recon guy is at pokemon battling

Poipole vs flaafy

Poipole raises defense with X Defense. Flaafy uses thundershock

Poipole uses charm which greatly lowers attack. Flaafy uses thundershock

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I stopped watching the Simpsons around season 12 and haven't regretted it. They had a good run but like the video says, after that the show turns into 'zombie Simpsons'.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Also, I REALLY suck at the mantine surf thing. I can't figure out how to speed up. Without speeding up I can't get enough air to do tricks.

I accidently skipped the dialogue during the training

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have no way of beating Lurantis.

It's got 6 stages of defense and the only pokemon I have that can hit it for any kind of damage is physical based

Even when I damage it it just heals

Edit: Maybe I can get it to struggle to death

I have stage 6 defense too

Edit 2:

2 X-Attacks and 1 Dire Hit later... I 1 shot it

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Ultra moon team Update

Incineroar( El Feugato)
Hawlucha (Justica)
Ampharos (Merry)
Milotic (Téssa)
Frosslass (Fuyuki)
Ryhorn(soon to be ryhperior) (Titan)

im happy with how this turned out ebcause prior to this i had never used 4 of thoes pokemon in a team
(incineroar and ampharos were previously used in other teams)

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Mario drops his hat on the ground and transforms into a planet. Absolutely annihilates Bowser by headbutting him with cosmic fury

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Mario drops his hat on the ground and transforms into a planet. Absolutely annihilates Bowser by headbutting him with cosmic fury
I think you just found the plot of the sequel.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I just dropped in on a Metroid discord and they have no idea what I'm like yet.

Poor innocent souls have no idea what's coming to them.
Metroid discord update: there are a couple of dorks that incessantly argue about obscure Metroid lore 24/7. I have grown weary of their antics

After this, ToraTrash became more self-aware about it, but Jacob steadfastly refuses to even acknowledge me. He's a tough nut to crack, and will take a great deal more effort to break

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Since I'm not too familiar with the series, I'm didn't say it was a bad thing to be anime-like. The lighter tone anime aesthetic for the game just isn't my cup of tea but who knows, maybe I will think it is great once I see the gameplay.

D

Deleted member

I never played a Valkyria Chronicles game but I've always wanted to play one, if it's coming to the Switch, then I'm definitely picking it up.
I'm gonna get so confused by the plot tho give us a VC colection pls

Calm down, AZ waited 3000 years, we can wait 300
Metroid discord update: there are a couple of dorks that incessantly argue about obscure Metroid lore 24/7. I have grown weary of their antics

After this, ToraTrash became more self-aware about it, but Jacob steadfastly refuses to even acknowledge me. He's a tough nut to crack, and will take a great deal more effort to break
I'm surprised they haven't kicked you out yet

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Another season of left turns is ogre.... AND MY DRIVER WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP **** YES!!! Man, Im so happy for the dude.

-----

Also getting good at Mantine Surfing means more BP.
More BP means being able to buy the "Power" items at the Battle Royale Dome.
Having the Power Items means ez EV Training.
Ez EV training means roflstomping Totem A-Marowak with an Arbok.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It's mostly just this thread because it's the cool kid's hangout.

We're in the deadest dead part of off-season for Smash, though. Wait for a new game to be announced and watch this place defrost like a cartoon caveman.

Also feel free to pull up a chair here in the meanwhile, it's not the best spot for Smash discussion (I mean it's OK to do it's just that no one listens), but we've got memes.

You're dank, you like memes, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom