• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
*walks up to someone working on an Excel sheet* hey, kid! playing your Nintendo? heh heh!

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well Discord is being very bad for me today.
When I had tried to open it earlier, it had told me that it had been corrupted, so I had tried to restart Discord, but there was still the message. I had clicked on the message which linked me to one of Discords help pages. When I went back and looked at Discord it said that two of the channels were unavailable. Then I went back to the help page, and back to Discord, where it said that all of the discords I was in were unavailable. I tried to delete and redownload Discord, like it said, but it failed to even redownload. If someone knows a solution to this, that would be nice.
-------------------
On a lighter note, I got a copy of Ultra Sun today! I decided to go with Rowlet since I went with Popplio as my starter for Sun. I haven't gotten very far yet, and it will be a while until I fully play through it(specifically, after I beat Samus Returns, which will be after I beat FE Awakening, which I still have quite a bit left to do in.), I look forward to when I do play through it.

I also got a copy of TWEWY! I'm enjoying the game so far. The combat seems pretty fun so far, and the story is pretty interesting even though I don't know much of it yet. I look forward to playing it, although I'm not quite sure if I'll want to play this after I finish playing KH BBS or when I finish watching the HD cutscenes for KH Re:Coded.
That said, from my personal experience with Discord it's probably the best voice chat app, nuff said for gamers.

Today I rent DOOM on Nintendo Switch for 5 days, even the clerk in the movie/game rental store said he would like to play DOOM on the Nintendo Switch some day.
And it was... not bad in handheld mode... take down demons was very satifying, and tbh I was minor disappointed on the graphic being a bit blurry, and I actually I a but motion sickness after playing it for 2 hours... guess the warning the show before going into the game menu wasn't a joke... I mean they even have Chinese...

And no matter you like or hate Reviewtechusa, his recent video on explaining why Nintendo Switch is his most favorite console because it fits his lifestyle and so far Switch has a fairly good (But could have been better) third party support.
To sum up his reviews on previous Nintendo consoles, the Wii was by far his least favorite console which I can understand but it's slightly narrow minded for him to say that he doesn't like Wii's gimmicky motion controls... which is a legit reason but he did used to say he does hate all of motion controls, he just hates those motion controls that all you do is just doing a short swing... I can somewhat agreed with that...
From my personal experience as a somewhat Nintendo fanboy back in the day due to the fact that I was only interested in games that I am familiar with. And there was a gaming hiatus for me until 2011 when my aunt bought a Wii for my brothers and me. So I was somewhat a casual gamer at the time, but after playing Brawl on the Wii it started for me to check out other fantastic games on the Wii which we got many shovelwares from our cousin....

My most favorite console before Switch has to be the New 3DS XL, if anyone asks me what's my most favorite home console... well I really can't say since I didn't own too many game for the home consoles.... that said my favorite was probably the Wii due to the fact that Wii has many good games and it has GC backwards compatibility.

I was never that much of a tech focus geek like Reviewtechusa until my dad introduces me about PC parts since he somewhat want me to learn to build a PC but he doesn't like PC games obviously (Except war strategy games) however, it was obviously the games that I focus the most. PS4 barely had any games that I like... until I played Xenoblade Chronicles 3D and Tales of Berseria, Persona 5, and Nier: Automata announced that kind of made me want to buy PS4 a bit....

I aware that I have somewhat been a bit of a Nintendo apologist in this thread (Which technically I never was) I always found a bit amazed on how can some individuals still biasly bashes the Nintendo Switch by giving out personal ill will on Nintendo... I know Nintendo have done plenty of stupid actions, that said aren't other companies the same thing? Therefore it is always better to criticize all the three major console companies whenever they do something stupid... (As long as they aren't as heinous as EA I'm fine) and you can speak out your own personal opinion but still respects other people's opinion as well. If you think Nintendo Switch is your least favorite console due to lack of power and games you want, then that's totally fine. But don't try to make your own opinion as a fact and bash those who enjoy the console or start a beef argument which most are nonsnese. When I go to Twitter I kind of shook my head on how those die hard Switch hater are now treating Switch as a handheld and not a home console... it seems that according to their rule... Switch is an underpower console and uses mobile CPU therefore it is a handheld and not a home console... I really hope they go back and check the definition of home console... and also the definition of "Hybrid console".....

D

Deleted member

Oh hey, the TT banner is literally Brave Heroes 2: Electric Boogaloo.
If you have a BIke, then you're good because he's a 40% bonus for it.
Guess I'll just steamroll this TT with 20%, don't feel like pulling for anyone else now and my Dorcas is waiting for someone to pass his Infantry Pulse to.

Me: "well, let's try Green for the Free Summon"
FEH: "Lol nope have all blues and one red"
I got a Clair... a +Res/-Spd so I'm just gonna stick with my +Atk/-Res.
I really wish these positioning skills weren't B-slots, Hit and Run is such a fun skill to use but all the Melee units I have prefer an inbattle B-Skill.

Also, been thinking, anyone knows what B-skll Joshua would want if he's going to run DC? I plan on trying to get spare Hectors from the Hero Bonanza to pass it but I can't think of what else he'd want in his set.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>You actually need to play at 5AM to get Dusk Lycanroc in Ultra Moon.

Topu Keko

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I didn't much care for the Wii either. There are good games on there and all, but I didn't like the mandatory motion controls. Motion controls in general aren't for me.

I remember when it came out it was the new hotness, and everybody, including myself, was all tangled up in swinging the wiimote around like some sort of highly caffeinated toddler. To be fair stuff like Wii Sports was fun in its own right, but that wore off pretty quick and then you're like... right... I'm still stuck with this for like four/five more years, hey? Thank god for gamecube controller support.

And Nintendo's offerings were quality as always, but imo few series hit peaks on the Wii. Mario and Xenoblade come to mind. Maybe Punch-Out, but I suspect if NLG was given another crack at it they could top the Wii title. And despite what people believe, I also feel that was the last time third-parties provided a decent selection of exclusive games. It's just that almost none of them found much success or spotlight unless they were a wagglefest or appealed to non-gamers.

Though what was great was the Virtual Console, it was deep and varied. I hope a future system can match the quality and quantity the Wii's provided.

Plus I wasn't a fan of Nintendo becoming gradually more and more tone-deaf, which really bloomed in that era, and extended into the next. Nintendo may have been "king" of that gen, but the success felt pretty hollow. The Wii wasn't for the dedicated gamer as much as it was for your aunt. If a console that was targeted towards gamers had an install base akin to the Wii's... the library would be absolutely stellar as opposed to... fine.

It's probably my second least-favourite Nintendo console, behind the Wii U.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I think Overwatch should be safe as everything from it's Lootboxes are purely cosmetic. There are no power-ups or boosts or advantages or anything gameplay-changing given, just pure cosmetics that do absolutely nothing in the long run. It's nothing like the Gacha games where one character can give a big advantage and whatnot or winning the lottery. It's just cool stuff to look at. Not to mention that they did drastically reduce the amount of duplicates you can get.

Can't really say anything about Battlefront 2 since I know next to nothing other than the fact that they give out unlockable characters like Darth Vader and whatnot.
The "it's only cosmetic" argument is stupid, because people still CARE about getting it, plus exclusive skins that cost more in game cash than regular skins and initially could ONLY be obtained by lootboxes for a limited amount of time is gambling. One could argue skins shouldn't have to be lootboxes at all when fighting games treat them completely differently

D

Deleted member

I spent all my Orbs in one last desperate attempt for Lute and... I got two Ests... and an Oboro... and Odin when deciding the Stone to pick with a coin flip.
They're not even good fodder, c'mon!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
gosh dang it game when are you gonna give me a Clair?

My luck with reds is still there though.

He's +Res/-HP, but still. It's like I just think of a Red unit I might like and I get it.

D

Deleted member

gosh dang it game when are you gonna give me a Clair?

My luck with reds is still there though.

He's +Res/-HP, but still. It's like I just think of a Red unit I might like and I get it.
I'll give you my two 4* Clairs for that BRoy, one of them comes with Luna and a Firesweep Lance
If only...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I didn't much care for the Wii either. There are good games on there and all, but I didn't like the mandatory motion controls. Motion controls in general aren't for me.

I remember when it came out it was the new hotness, and everybody, including myself, was all tangled up in swinging the wiimote around like some sort of highly caffeinated toddler. To be fair stuff like Wii Sports was fun in its own right, but that wore off pretty quick and then you're like... right... I'm still stuck with this for like four/five more years, hey? Thank god for gamecube controller support.

And Nintendo's offerings were quality as always, but imo few series hit peaks on the Wii. Mario and Xenoblade come to mind. Maybe Punch-Out, but I suspect if NLG was given another crack at it they could top the Wii title. And despite what people believe, I also feel that was the last time third-parties provided a decent selection of exclusive games. It's just that almost none of them found much success or spotlight unless they were a wagglefest or appealed to non-gamers.

Though what was great was the Virtual Console, it was deep and varied. I hope a future system can match the quality and quantity the Wii's provided.

Plus I wasn't a fan of Nintendo becoming gradually more and more tone-deaf, which really bloomed in that era, and extended into the next. Nintendo may have been "king" of that gen, but the success felt pretty hollow. The Wii wasn't for the dedicated gamer as much as it was for your aunt. If a console that was targeted towards gamers had an install base akin to the Wii's... the library would be absolutely stellar as opposed to... fine.

It's probably my second least-favourite Nintendo console, behind the Wii U.
I can see how you feel that way. I mean, I only really wanted a Wii for Brawl. I didn't care for motion controls and still don't, but I do feel that the console did have some hidden gems, some of which should get re-released if ever given the chance, namely Punch-Out!! on the Switch, Madworld could work too. I know Tatsunoko vs Capcom ain't happening though, a shame really.

There's some alright licensed titles, but most of them were PS2(Some DBZ and Marvel games) ports, except for Spider-Man Web of Shadows, which was similar enough to the 360 version.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
on the plus side of having ultra moon there's no chance of rock ruff trying to evolve before 5

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
20171118_055218-1.jpg

First grand trial's done.

Seems like USUM took the opportunity to change some of the important character's teams up a bit. Hala has a Machop instead of a Mankey now, and, more surprisingly, Hau has a Noibat of all things. Neat.

Topu Keko
If it weren't for the fact that I usually wake up at four in the morning I wouldn't even be bothering trying to get Dusk Lycanroc because of that. That'd be way too much of a pain.

:094:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Also, been thinking, anyone knows what B-skll Joshua would want if he's going to run DC? I plan on trying to get spare Hectors from the Hero Bonanza to pass it but I can't think of what else he'd want in his set.
I'd go for Quick Riposte, personally. He's at just the right speed for it (35, 36 if you +1 him), where he won't get doubled by anyone up to 40-ish Spd, but he can't double them either, so QR fixes that up nicely. Vantage is also always a good option for anyone with a Distant Counter, or if you want to use him to fight mages, Green or Red Tomebreaker could work out too. There are a few options that could work, you could always just stick a bunch of skills on him and swap them in and out as you need them.

D

Deleted member

I'd go for Quick Riposte, personally. He's at just the right speed for it (35, 36 if you +1 him), where he won't get doubled by anyone up to 40-ish Spd, but he can't double them either, so QR fixes that up nicely. Vantage is also always a good option for anyone with a Distant Counter, or if you want to use him to fight mages, Green or Red Tomebreaker could work out too. There are a few options that could work, you could always just stick a bunch of skills on him and swap them in and out as you need them.
Yeah, something I've noticed is that there are a lot of Skills Joshia wants but he obviously can't use them all.
I was actually thinking of giving him Wrath and pairing it with Glacies because that's 36 extra damage but he won't be able to double as much. I'll probably just give him Iceberg for the time being while sticking with his base kit and wait to see if I can pull a bad IV Hector in the future, otherwise QR isn't as useful.

I really hope we get more Ploy skills as seals this time, Def/Spd Seal are the ones he wants more but I'd prefer not to have to sacrifice an Arvis for the former

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive. And I too am getting Ultra Moon, despite being the inferior version.

Nope.

Rowlet is superior tho

I played multiple Mario, Pokemon and Kirby games and played at least one game of Zelda, Donkey Kong, Fire Emblem, Mother, Metroid, Kid Icarus and Animal Crossing (Didn't really like the last one much though), and I want to play more of some of these franchises as well as play others that I have yet to play.
How's that?
How can Moon be i ferior when it has Lunala and the cooler looking Ultra Squad members?

Me when I'll get my Switch next week:

What about Breah of the Wild?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

How can Moon be i ferior when it has Lunala and the cooler looking Ultra Squad members?
Because Solgaleo is better and-
What was that about the Ultra Squad? I don't believe I've heard anything about that.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Because Solgaleo is better and-
What was that about the Ultra Squad? I don't believe I've heard anything about that.

Left side is in sun, roght side is in moon.

BREAKING NEWS: A French guy suddenly exploded out of anger, causing 50 earthquakes and the end of humanity. All because some chocolate person asked something with an obvious answer

(FSG hates Zelda)
I’m not a chocolate person but rather a candied nut person.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Better question... am I the only one here that choose/ischoosing Popplio?
Nope, I'm using Popplio as well. #PrimarinaMasterRace

...Though I went with Ultra Sun.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I went with Popplio in vanilla Sun but I'm going with Rowlet in Ultra Sun.

I love both but could only pick one.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I almost forgot this game was coming to the Switch...had some seriously fun times back in the day on the old PlayStation with this game, so I may pick this up when it comes out...

D

Deleted member

I'm still on Ula Ula in my Moon Nuzlocke, probably gonna have the motivation to get back to it if the USUM hype is enough. Gotta break the game in half with Marshadow if the damn thing listens to me

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Cats almost never get along with each other. You have to train them to be more comfortable with each other. I've had to do it at least six different times.
Thank god all my dog just instantly liked eachother.

The only fight that happend between two dogs was because we were eating popcorn and they wanted some... So they decided "lets fight for it"

Topu Keko
Lol funny joke Nintendo. Funny joke

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
So I got Brave Roy from the TT Banner. Which is pretty nicecomehomeBraveLucinaplzalthough he is an +ATK/-SPD. Seriously, that Boon/Bane set is my nemesis when it comes to fast and decently fast characters. Linde, Tailtiu and now Brave Roy. The only time it was ever good was when I got it with Reinhardt.
That aside, besides Brave Roy, I also got a Klein, which is great for Death Blow.

D

Deleted member

Training the Askr trio, only plan on 4* them at most, just so I can feasibly complete their quests. Already got Alfonse to Lv20 3*, he'll hopefully be able to complete his quests at Lv40, just need some non-Shanna fodder to pass him Desp 2 for the Brash Assault set
So I got Brave Roy from the TT Banner. Which is pretty nicecomehomeBraveLucinaplzalthough he is an +ATK/-SPD. Seriously, that Boon/Bane set is my nemesis when it comes to fast and decently fast characters. Linde, Tailtiu and now Brave Roy. The only time it was ever good was when I got it with Reinhardt.
That aside, besides Brave Roy, I also got a Klein, which is great for Death Blow.
Hey, at least you got something, I'm crying here with all these useless units like Est, still Est, Oboro, Draug, +HP/-Spd Seth, +HP/-Atk Seth and +Atk/-Spd Seth
If I ever get more Seths I am totally making a 4* +10 of him tho, I just don't know what he is SUPPOSED to do with these stats and skills

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Some would say to play the original VN but that only has a fan translation and it's, well, hours of reading.
I started with the Fate/Zero anime adaptation by Ufotable and tbh, I think it's the best entry point. It's technically the first chronologically(technically because most of the other entries are parallel timelines and the sort), you just have to endure a 1-hour long introduction episode(I personally don't mind this kimd of thing but I know it's an issue to many) but it's certainly worth it. Try to go as blind as possible too.
It's on Netflix if you have it.

After that, if you enjoy it, watch the Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works anime series, which is also on Netflix and made by Ufotable.
Avoid the Studio Deen adaptaion like the plague and don't watch the UBW movie because it's obviously rushed to fit into 2 hours. Maybe after you watch the other two for curiosity or something though.

Tl;dr Fate/Zero first and then Fate/Stay Night: UBW.
So your saying I should just jump in watch and play everything at once? jk

Thanks for the help, but I just want to be sure, there is way for me to go through this series without being spoiled about another aspect of the series, right?

Cause I don't want to go through one part series only to have a major plot point or twist of a another part of the series ruined for me.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
You know I have enough of not getting the new units I want and bait banner after bait banner so I'm just gonna focus on making my Cherche a planet-busting overlord.
She's 5*, -HP +Atk, lvl 40 with two merges and Summoner Support under her belt.
All I need is a Hana giving her Life and Death and the weapon refinery and I can even give her speed decent enough to kill.

I've already beaten the Pineapple and Apple BHB, Arvis and Lilina and Celica with her Galeforce and dancers or Blyn.

EDIT:
With a +3 Speed seal, Fury, Summoner Support and the merges I have, a neutral speed Cherche has 34 speed
With the +3 speed on the Weapon Refinery, Life and Death instead of Fury, that's 39 speed without buffs.
With buffs, more merges and eventual debuffs on the enemy side this can get even higher.

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
The bonus units for the Tempest Trials was a concern of mine because I'm not pulling from the new banner, but then the rest were shown to be the Brave units, all of which I managed to get one of. This TT is going to be the smoothest yet, I might end up Auto Battling them to maximum Hero Merit and setting them up with enough SP to last forever. Thinking I'll leave Lucina out so Azama can enjoy the ride healing. With the double SP event towards the end of the Trials hopefully he'll be able to get his new upgraded skills right away and then some.

The Children of Fates banner scares me. I want Ophelia to show up who is fairly likely but she'd bait me out of being ready for Reindeer Tharja. Dwyer would be awesome and fitting if he's a troubadour because of the buff to staves, but since the Japanese translation mentions "Black" and "White", I'm not expecting the kids that can go either way. And if despite that we are getting dual-game kids, Kana would probably come first I'd guess.

Selkie would be great too but I'd wager that a new weapon type would be made a bigger deal given we just had a Feh Channel and also the banner's "announcement" was just a mark on the calendar that just generally deals with Fates kids. Then there's Rhajat who doesn't seem likely; she's a "clone" and her father is a nobody story-wise and popularity-wise.

Units like Shiro, Siegbert, Forrest, Kisaragi... I'd probably not bother pulling. Soleil would be a bit harder to deny, Mitama as well but it seems too soon for her. Zero's daughter I could do without.

...Wait, why the **** are we getting Fates children when we still haven't gotten a normal Charlotte? >_> We didn't have to wait this long for Xander to get out of his Spring costume. Although it's fitting, Charlotte is the type of character that would be repeatedly getting married and divorced so she is just always wearing a dress for another. :laugh:

Last edited:

Chrono.

Seeing all these random NPC Pokemon you can interact with reminds me of all the speculation regarding the return of Pokemon following you.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
There was a problem fetching the tweet

brb asking youtube how to delete someone else's account
To be fair, he's right. Certain ones are, like Grimer.

Though the issue is that it isn't so much a theory as it is explicitly stated in the Poké Dex.

Ivander

Smash Legend
To be fair, he's right. Certain ones are, like Grimer.

Though the issue is that it isn't so much a theory as it is explicitly stated in the Poké Dex.
If I know anything, all Pokemon won't go extinct anytime soon. *looks at Ditto and Pokemon IV Hunters Breeders*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom